Alba Hostel Glasgow Reviews

6 Fifth Avuenue, Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland

Despite being far from the city centre the hostel itsel is amazing , it looks like a hotel, the fascilities are good: wi fi , sky tv clean several beatiful tolites and the place is very spacious inside. I definitely recommend

The location of the Alba Hostel is not ideal, but easy enough via the train/bus. Kitchen area was not clean. The duvet had a large stain on it, when I mentioned to staff he suggested that I swap it with one of the other beds. The bedside lights in my room didn’t work. I would only suggest booking here as a last resort.

we were cold at night the duvets were 1" thick, the kitchen was in the basement and was not very clean. there was no coffee or tea for us to a drink. my friend's pilloww was so thin she had to fold it in half to get some sleep. we do not believe the sheet had been changed because there was a torn mattress and the sheet had tear in the exactly the same place. we have stayed in cheeper places but they were creme de la creme in comparsion.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

This hostel double booked our room and gave it away before we checked in. Then he told us that they had room for us at a second location, but that that room wouldn't be ready until 2000. Check-in time was 1600 and we were there at 1615! So we waited in the sitting room for 4 hours and waited for the managers uncle to arrive and take us to the other location, which was actually the uncles personal home!!! He gave us a room in the basement that did not lock or anything and then wanted cash only!