7.4
Very Good 419 Total Reviews
7.4
Very Good 419 Total Reviews
Alba Hostel Glasgow Located at 6 Fifth Avuenue, Glasgow, Glasgow.
Scotland
Glasgow Lanarkshire G12 0AT 6 Fifth Avuenue, Glasgow
74% 419
55.8880927 -4.3216502
    Rooms available

• Canada, All Male Group, 25-30
9th Jul 2016

Nothing special, but it is far from a lot of things. Thankfully the metro was near

5th Jul 2016
6.3

While the staff is friendly, the location and facilities were lacking. For the price you pay, breakfast could at least be included.

2nd Jul 2016

A short walk from the train station, and tucked away so it's quiet. The Alba were very accommodating when I had to change the date of my reservation - all it took was a phone call. My only disappointment was the extra 2 pounds charge for breakfast. I found this detracted from the at-home atmosphere and would have preferred if they just rolled this cost into the cost of staying there and offered the basic breakfast for free.

2nd Jul 2016

Nice place

• Hungary, Male, 25-30
27th Jun 2016

The place is freshly renovated and equipped with all the necessary equipment and more! For every room there were 2 shower rooms and a lounge with high TV.

• England, Male, 41+
22nd Jun 2016

Great stay. Good location and well maintained. I had a comfortable stay and an excellent price.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Jun 2016
8.0

I didn't realise when i booked the hostel that you need to catch a train or a bus to get to the city centre of Glasgow. However, it is not that bad because it is just 10mins by train and the hostel is literally across the road from the train station. The staff were really nice. I stayed for 3 nights and i had a problem with one of my dorm mates tbe 1st night, and they were able to put me in another dorm with no problem. Friendly, however not much of an atmosphere in communal areas. Good wifi.

26th May 2016
4.9

The hostel is not terribly secure. Neither of the attendants I saw working at the desk looked up unless I said excuse me. I could have walked straight in and gone right upstairs and no one would have stopped me. The hostel's location is not ideal either. It is near four miles to city center, which is a terrible walk. The atmosphere was very unwelcoming, and I did not look forward to coming back to my hostel each night. Perhaps worst of all, everything creaks. The beds, the stairs, even the floor

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
20th May 2016
8.0

Booked an All Female dorm, and at 10:30 pm the manager added a guy into our room. Too late to do anything at 10:30... Managers mistake. Good hostel though, get what you pay for. Rooms were nice. Bathrooms clean

12th May 2016
3.7

Beware of this hostel. Our train was delayed, so we checked in at 12:15 in the morning. We were "greeted" by a grumpy guy that kept complaining about us waking him up - to do his job! Then he tried to charge us a 'late check-in fee' of £5. When I asked to have it in writing, he waived the charge. Really shady and suspicious. Bathrooms were dirty and you have to pay for breakfast. No amenities included, and bad wifi. Worst hostel I've ever stayed at.