Alba Hostel Glasgow Reviews

6 Fifth Avuenue, Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland

It's an amazing place, clean and comfortable. There are few toilets, so maybe you have to wait to use it.

The worst hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff are rude and unhelpful. The location is terrible!! The man wouldn't help me with the buses and told me the walk to the city centre was 25 minutes - it's over an hour. I advise you to stay somewhere else. The only good thing is that there is a nice grocery store close. Other than that I hated every bit of it.

I thought the hostel was really good but you should make a note on the website that you do not accept credit cards

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Scotland

The staff was unorganized, but the other residents were very nice. The location was inconvenient - we had to get a taxi to the airport because there was no other transportation at 7 in the morning.

• 29th Nov 2013

This stay was atrocious. The staff were very rude to me. One member of staff followed myself and another resident around one night.' Never have I been treated in such an awful way at a hostel in my life. Don't stay there. I also talked to some long-term residents who said when the heating was broken they were forced to buy their own heaters. They fit too many bunks into one room.

Fine, clean, but miles from the city, 2 pounds on the bus each way. Factor that in when considering the price

• 16th Nov 2013

Nice hostel, if you have a car there is parking which is a plus, a little far out of the city but there is a train line over the road and a pub near for dinner and drinks.