7.2
Very Good 412 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 412 Total Reviews
Alba Hostel Glasgow Located at 6 Fifth Avuenue, Glasgow, Glasgow.
Scotland
Glasgow Lanarkshire G12 0AT 6 Fifth Avuenue, Glasgow
72% 412
55.8880927 -4.3216502
    Rooms available

• Hungary, Male, 25-30
27th Jun 2016

The place is freshly renovated and equipped with all the necessary equipment and more! For every room there were 2 shower rooms and a lounge with high TV.

• England, Male, 41+
22nd Jun 2016

Great stay. Good location and well maintained. I had a comfortable stay and an excellent price.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th Jun 2016
8.0

I didn't realise when i booked the hostel that you need to catch a train or a bus to get to the city centre of Glasgow. However, it is not that bad because it is just 10mins by train and the hostel is literally across the road from the train station. The staff were really nice. I stayed for 3 nights and i had a problem with one of my dorm mates tbe 1st night, and they were able to put me in another dorm with no problem. Friendly, however not much of an atmosphere in communal areas. Good wifi.

26th May 2016
4.9

The hostel is not terribly secure. Neither of the attendants I saw working at the desk looked up unless I said excuse me. I could have walked straight in and gone right upstairs and no one would have stopped me. The hostel's location is not ideal either. It is near four miles to city center, which is a terrible walk. The atmosphere was very unwelcoming, and I did not look forward to coming back to my hostel each night. Perhaps worst of all, everything creaks. The beds, the stairs, even the floor

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
20th May 2016
8.0

Booked an All Female dorm, and at 10:30 pm the manager added a guy into our room. Too late to do anything at 10:30... Managers mistake. Good hostel though, get what you pay for. Rooms were nice. Bathrooms clean

12th May 2016
3.7

Beware of this hostel. Our train was delayed, so we checked in at 12:15 in the morning. We were "greeted" by a grumpy guy that kept complaining about us waking him up - to do his job! Then he tried to charge us a 'late check-in fee' of £5. When I asked to have it in writing, he waived the charge. Really shady and suspicious. Bathrooms were dirty and you have to pay for breakfast. No amenities included, and bad wifi. Worst hostel I've ever stayed at.

• Scotland, Female, 31-40
29th Apr 2016
7.1

Was ok. I'd recommend if you were a girl staying with friends but I was alone. Seemed to be old men living there potentially on DSS. Made me a bit uncomfortable but the hostel is nice and I had no problem. Good bus links to city centre and Byres Road right across the st. Mixed review.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2016
4.9

Poor staff, not the best location. We got charged extra for using the credit and debit machine, the breakfast cost was two pounds for cereal, bag hold was extra charge too. Paying a bit extra is usually ok with us but the staff was unpleasant about the whole thing. They didn't tell us about the curfew so we had to wake someone up to get let in. I will say that the hostel was very clean.

Hello Dear Thank you for your stay at Alba Hostel and I am pleased to know that you like cleanliness of our hostel, I appreciate that. I am sorry to hear that you are not happy for card processing fee which is £1.50 only. The reception staff suppose to inform you that at 11pm main door locks and back door option is available 24 hours and key also should be provided to you, apology that he failed to explain all this. I have taken note about the breakfast quality and will try my best to improve it. Being a manager of hostel, I take full responsiblity and willing to refund your card processing fee and 50% discount on your next booking at our hostel. Please contact me directly to arrange the refund. Regards Arshad Mehmood Manager

9th Apr 2016

This is very much a old house converted to a hostel, so things are clean but a rather dingy. The communal kitchen was a bit grimy when I was there, but the room, bath, and TV lounge were all fine. You can reach the city centre easily by bus or rail, but it is >1 hr for walking. All in all, it has all the basics without frills, and if you are just looking for a place to rest your head, this will be fine.

• Tunisia, Male, 25-30
25th Mar 2016
7.1

Bathrooms and the kitchen were clean, but unfortunately the room smelled a lot Not a lot of things around the hostel, but you can always take the 6 or 6A bus, and you'll be in city center in 20min, where you can find everything you need