Very Good 405 Total Reviews
Very Good 405 Total Reviews
Alba Hostel Glasgow Located at 6 Fifth Avuenue, Glasgow, Glasgow.
Scotland
Glasgow Lanarkshire G12 0AT 6 Fifth Avuenue, Glasgow
71% 405
55.8880927 -4.3216502
    Rooms available

12th May 2016
3.7

Beware of this hostel. Our train was delayed, so we checked in at 12:15 in the morning. We were "greeted" by a grumpy guy that kept complaining about us waking him up - to do his job! Then he tried to charge us a 'late check-in fee' of £5. When I asked to have it in writing, he waived the charge. Really shady and suspicious. Bathrooms were dirty and you have to pay for breakfast. No amenities included, and bad wifi. Worst hostel I've ever stayed at.

• Scotland, Female, 31-40
29th Apr 2016
7.1

Was ok. I'd recommend if you were a girl staying with friends but I was alone. Seemed to be old men living there potentially on DSS. Made me a bit uncomfortable but the hostel is nice and I had no problem. Good bus links to city centre and Byres Road right across the st. Mixed review.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2016
4.9

Poor staff, not the best location. We got charged extra for using the credit and debit machine, the breakfast cost was two pounds for cereal, bag hold was extra charge too. Paying a bit extra is usually ok with us but the staff was unpleasant about the whole thing. They didn't tell us about the curfew so we had to wake someone up to get let in. I will say that the hostel was very clean.

Hello Dear Thank you for your stay at Alba Hostel and I am pleased to know that you like cleanliness of our hostel, I appreciate that. I am sorry to hear that you are not happy for card processing fee which is £1.50 only. The reception staff suppose to inform you that at 11pm main door locks and back door option is available 24 hours and key also should be provided to you, apology that he failed to explain all this. I have taken note about the breakfast quality and will try my best to improve it. Being a manager of hostel, I take full responsiblity and willing to refund your card processing fee and 50% discount on your next booking at our hostel. Please contact me directly to arrange the refund. Regards Arshad Mehmood Manager

9th Apr 2016

This is very much a old house converted to a hostel, so things are clean but a rather dingy. The communal kitchen was a bit grimy when I was there, but the room, bath, and TV lounge were all fine. You can reach the city centre easily by bus or rail, but it is >1 hr for walking. All in all, it has all the basics without frills, and if you are just looking for a place to rest your head, this will be fine.

• Tunisia, Male, 25-30
25th Mar 2016
7.1

Bathrooms and the kitchen were clean, but unfortunately the room smelled a lot Not a lot of things around the hostel, but you can always take the 6 or 6A bus, and you'll be in city center in 20min, where you can find everything you need

1st Jan 2016

Great hostel, on 35 minutes easy walk from the Glasgow centre. Well looked after with helpful and friendly staff to come forward guest's needs. Another big plus is a large back of the house parking for those coming by car. Many thanks for hosting me.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
17th Dec 2015
5.1

The bathrooms were very dirty with hair stuck in all the showers drains and on the floor. The rooms reeked of cigarette smoke which was very unpleasant as it was too cold to leave the windows open to air the room out! Kitchen in basement was clean but in the morning was full of dirty counters and dirty dishes from the night before. Did not look or smell very nice. The owner was there to meet us and was very abrupt and asked for money before anything else....not very polite.

Hello Dear Thank you for your stay at Alba Hostel Glasgow. I have noted down the cleaning issues you notify and working on it with my housekeeping staff. Actually kitchen mess was made by guests who don't care about others and their plates after use even we put many signs in kitchen to keep tidy. Apology due to this issue you faced. Regards Arshad Mehmood Manager

• prober33377
  • Wales, Male, 41+
2nd Dec 2015
5.4

Beware that you will face an extra charge if you pay by debit card although it does not state this on the booking.

Hello Dear Greetings from Alba Hostel Glasgow. Normally everywhere there are card transaction charges apply whether its a small or big business. We have ATM facilities available where everyone can withdraw cash and pay to avoid any card processing fee. Sorry that you feel uncomfertable due to these charges. Regards Arshad Mehmood Manager

28th Nov 2015
5.7

If you miss the last train from city center a taxi is £15 to the hostel. The front desk said it was only 10. They good news is it is only a 2 minute walk to the Anniesland station.

Hello Dear Thank you for your stay at Alba Hostel Glasgow. Just to inform you that there are 24/7 transport links available via bus/train/taxi to and from our hostel. Buses and trains works all the night till morning 3am and same timing with trains. Now a days Uber taxi service running cheap in Glasgow. Sorry to listen that you feel charges for taxi. Regards Arshad Mehmood Manager