Alba Hostel Glasgow Reviews

6 Fifth Avuenue, Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland

Good service. The information to get the place could be better for people who don't know the city

This is the first hostel that has charged 2 pounds per bag to hold until check in time at 4pm. I arrived at 10am and just wanted to leave my small carry on bag and a plastic shopping bag so that I could explore Glasgow. Muhamad said there is charge, Flabbergasted , with no choice I paid. Very disappointed . Came back in evening to check in and Ariana told me where room was and didn't explain anything and didn't seem to care . Castle Rock hostel in Edinburgh was great. No outlet. DON'T STAY HERE

Nice and cozy hostel on reachable distance from the city centre, which offers great value for money. Perhaps due to the particular period (mid-July) most of the people were not really fellow travelers, which hampered the hostel-like atmosphere. Overal, good place to start your sightseeing in Glasgow and its surroundings in the morning and nice retreat after a long day.

The location sucked. The shower was cold for a good 10 minutes before it got luke warm. Clean and had big lockers. The people in my room were all old (35+) and for a young girl it felt weird.

Glasgow is a strange place to visit.. Not a lot of stuff to do for younger tourists and so the whole place has a strange vibe. The staff are nice and the hostel is clean but there just wasn't a lot going on..

The staff was unorganized and rude. They forgot to book me for both nights, and all they said was, "you have a bed for tonight and tomorrow we'll see." Very unprofessional. They didn't seem to communicate with each other. Dishes in the kitchen were disgusting and dirty. The showers were not very warm and bursts of cold water came out. Location was also inconvenient as you had to take a bus or train to get to see any of the sights of Glasgow. Not impressed.

• 16th Jun 2015

First of all I think they did not have changed the sheets of my bed. I am pretty sure about that because I found a lot of hair and stains. Second point is about value for money. We paid a reasonable price but still have to pay 2 pounds to leave a bag before check in and the same amount after check out even if it is for few hours between check out and your flight or bus (and your bag doesn't stay in a safe place). You have to pay for breakfast and for towels as well. Terrible staff.

From the moment I arrived it was a joke, didn't get my change back then tried overcharging me for a key deposit. I was followed to my room and made feel like an idiot, the next guy to check in after me was allocated the same bed. The staff are very strange. can't eat or drink in the common room and tv must be on minimal volume. The place has no vibe, don't really wanna get into everything or I won't stop. Worst hostel I've ever stayed at!!!!

Very nice clean and friendly little Hostel , ok it is a bit outside the City Centre but there are good Transport to use. You do not see much of the Staff but they are there when you need them and they also very friendly. Thanks for making my stay so nice.

the location was a little out of city center but not bad at all, only about 3 miles out and still plenty of things close by. Staff were really nice but owner seemed a little grumpy sometimes. Everything was very clean!

Staff are unorganized. Wifi does not work well, and drops if you are able to connect. Rooms are run down, walls are paper thin. Not enough outlets in the room. Have to pay extra for a key if you will be out past 11pm, also have to pay for breakfast.

Throughout my stay at Alba Hostel Glasgow, I knew I had to let others know about this gem, just 15mins away from Glasgow City Center. It is right by the Scotrail train station and buses that take you directly into the city. There are bathrooms in the dorm rooms that are spacious and have nice showers with strong water pressure. There's also a TV room downstairs with a friendly atmosphere. They do offer breakfast but you get more for your money at the restaurant around the corner. Overall, A :)

• 23rd May 2015

We were quite dissapointed with this hostel, we've been travelling around the UK staying at different hostels and so far this one has been the saddest. The place just felt run down and uncared for. The EFTPOS machine was broken, so they only took cash, they have no laundry facilites even though they advertised it (the nearest laundromat is 15 minutes away), the lockers in the rooms had broken back walls so they weren't secure and the place wasn't regularly cleaned. Also, 80p if you want tea...

The staff and location were great. Place was very dirty though.

Decent hostel but way out of the way. You have to check in by 1130 which isn't always possible. Paulina was verrrrrrrrrrry accommodating.

The rooms were clean except the kitchen which was filthy. All the dishes were dirty and there weren't any trays to use when cooking with the oven. There was also a stray cat walking through the dining area and kitchen when we stayed here.

All pretty chilled out. Shared a 6 berth dorm room for 2 weeks. Was able to park my car in the car park around the back which was useful. The hostel is slightly out of town, but there is a train station right opposite with trains every 15 minutes and it's also easy to get to the lochs as you're already out of town on the A82

• 18th Apr 2015

I stayed in this hostel for four nights in an en-suite dorm for six. everything in the room and bathroom seemed new and worked properly. although the location of this hostel is far from ideal, the atmosphere makes it worth the effort. the staff is very kind and helpful, and the other residents were all friendly, likeminded travelers or students. so it was altogether a great experience.

• 16th Apr 2015

Good value for money and friendly staff, however, the rooms and bathrooms needed to be cleaned better and the shared kitchen was pretty grimy - mainly because the other guests refused to follow the "wash up after yourself" guidance!

• 21st Mar 2015

Despite being far from the city centre the hostel itsel is amazing , it looks like a hotel, the fascilities are good: wi fi , sky tv clean several beatiful tolites and the place is very spacious inside. I definitely recommend