Alba Hostel Glasgow Reviews

6 Fifth Avuenue, Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland

NO WIFI!! Don't advertise it if you don't have it. We were 3 females travelling, And the location is awful, had us actually worried about our safety. Turns out most of the photos and information are about another guest house that they own. MISLEADING AND FALSE ADVERTISING. Surely there is a policy on this, how can they be allowed to keep selling their properties on this website?????

This hostel was far from the city centre but it is not difficult to figure out the bus route and once you do that! everything is much easier! (Take buses 6 or 6A to get in and out of the city). The bathrooms were the most modern that I've ever seen in a hostel and they are soooo clean. The rooms and the hostel as a whole is very clean too. My only concern was that I couldn't lock up my belongings. In a room with 6 beds there are only two cupboards, both of which can hold only one lock.

(+) Hostel was clean, relatively large rooms and had a large modern en-suite bathroom. (+) All in all, good value for money. (+) On site parking, trains station and restaurant just across the road are added assets. (-) breakfast is a do-it-yourself thing and only from 8-10am...something better is usually expected for the price. (-) unlike what's stated on the site, payment by Visa is accepted...you end up spending €5-10 more due to exchange rate.

The place is all right, friendly staff, good beds and good location, the only problem is one bathroom for a room with 8 beds, so share that with 5 girls it is not an easy task!

contra: the door to the rom was "secured" by a 3 digit pin code and no key, there was one "locker" for a room with 8 beds (and it was broken so that it was accessible from the rear even when the door was locked), payments by card cost 3% extra fee, tha staff was *very* slow/reluctant in doing anything. the location is very far from the city. Don't waste your money on this. pro: the bathroom was clean and in good condition, the room was generally clean and the atmosphere was interesting

All ok! Staff was fine.

The service was great, super helpful with directions and suggestions of what to do around the area. I'd definitely stay here again!

It's an amazing place, clean and comfortable. There are few toilets, so maybe you have to wait to use it.

The worst hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff are rude and unhelpful. The location is terrible!! The man wouldn't help me with the buses and told me the walk to the city centre was 25 minutes - it's over an hour. I advise you to stay somewhere else. The only good thing is that there is a nice grocery store close. Other than that I hated every bit of it.