Albareda Youthhostel Reviews

C/ Albareda 12, Barcelona, Spain

I loved my stay at Albareda, I would DEFINITELY return. This was my first Hostel experience, and I couldn't have been more pleased with my decision to stay there.

Hostel is good and they have a very nice and beautiful girl working in the reception department and because of this girl this Rating ♡♡♡♡♡♥♥♥♥♥

Really well located, five minutes walking from train station and twenty minutes walking from the beach. It's pretty much clean, the staff is great and the facilities are good. The only point of improvement would be planning better night activities.

It is good

The lovely young lady on the reception desk was very helpful and the atmosphere at the hostel was good with pub crawls being held every night. The only downside that wasn't a huge deal was the inconsistent showers- sometimes you couldn't get hot water and other times cold and you had to keep pushing a button for it to work. Otherwise would recommend staying here.

The female bathroom was really tiny and dark, but the staff and location was great.

I got sick from the tap water near the beach (don't drink it!!!!) and the girl at reception, wish I had gotten her name, was the sweetest! She made me rice, brought me yoghurt, and came to check up on me. They also have 24 hour reception, which is awesome because you don't have to worry about losing your keys. Definitely would stay here again.

• 18th Jul 2014

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Arrived alone at 5, was drinking with about 10 other guests by 5:30, by 9 a group of 15 of us went out clubbing. No one knew each other the day before. Next night 25 of us spent the whole night chilling by the Eiffel Tower. Cannot speak highly enough.

Best hostel I've ever seen!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hostel was clean, friendly and in a very convenient location to the main tourist hot spots as well as to a Metro station within walking distance. There was some difficulty with the older man who manned the reception in the afternoons and confusion with the keys as I was given wrong keys the first time, and then my dorm mates were given locker keys to someone else's locker!! Also he was difficult to understand and could not provide much help on where to go/what to do etc

Organisation at this hostel is awful, the first night we were put in an 11 bed dorm, instead of the 6 bed that we had booked/paid for. When showed to our room, we were given a key to someone else's locker! We were then woken in the night to a staff member opening our locker, which didn't make us feel like our things were safe. When we moved rooms, we were given someone else's locker key AGAIN!! The staff didn't know what was going on, people swapping beds constantly. Really bad service.

• 8th Jul 2014

Hi,sorry foe change you room. please see other comments during 8 years- if something unusual happened for lockers as the people didn,t sleep on his bed and the staff had to check.you did the same and did,t sleep in your bed again and we know the people with their key number . so it was nice be honest and remember all other free food , drinks , pub crowls ,free walk tour and daily cleaning and a lot of fun that you had with us . hope this is a big leccion to be back packer not an inspector

Albareda is located a short walk from Parallel metro station and is a 5-10 mins walk to the Ramblas from where you can tour the old town, visit the beach and what have you. Reasonable facilities, very social and integrative culture (if that's what you're looking for). I had arrangements on both nights but they have nightly pub crawls so you'll never walk alone. Good exp overall

- Great staff, special shoutouts to Raphaela for being great hosts

• 3rd Jul 2014

Owners kind, social area nice. However, hostel was small & crowded, did not feel comfortable walking alone at night, and room doors were always left unlocked. One hostel employee was particularly upsetting - did not give us lockers (which were included in price) and even came up to our room & yelled at us extensively after we were reassigned (several times!) to different beds by various hostel staff, accusing us of trying to "cheat". Very bad taste in mouth, one of my worst hostel experiences.

• 30th Jun 2014

thanks for kind owner ,but if you don,t sleep in your bed in a 10 beds room always the orden will be desorden and the staff only once asked you sleep in your bed and diferent times asked you arrange your beloongs that you had absolutely around the room and the cleanning imposible. several persons were unhappy with you 3 only for this reason . one of the most important point in a back packer is being respectful and arranged .so any staf has to ask you be clean and arranged .

Hostel is located in the middle of nowhere, but it is pretty close to La Rambla (10-15 min walk). There is a lobby with one old computer and a TV. There's also a kitchen, but the hostel does not offer breakfast. WiFi connection is pretty bad there (often does not work). Although you get your own locker that fits entire suitcase, rooms are very often open and anyone can access them. My shoes got stolen there, so I'm not sure if that is related. Croatian girl running that place was really cool!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Really great place if you want to meet people, but less good of a place if you want 1. Wifi (you have to like them on Facebook to get access through a third party server), or 2. A nice bed or shower. Staff was super friendly though!

Great place to be, atmosphere was wonderful and the staff were lovely :)

• 15th Jun 2014

The bathrooms are clean, rooms are a good size, there are outlets and the locker is big enough for your bag. The kitchen only has a hot plate but we still used it to cook. The girl at the front desk (Croatian, curly hair and name starts with and R) is AMAZING! The actual owner though is crazy. She was rubbish the place our last day and it was strange. She throws peoples food out, gets mad if you use the outlet on the main floor and "closed" the kitchen at 11:00 one morning. Overall good stay.

Hi, Dear girls , If don,tclean the fridge with the foods leave after check out or smelly food you never wanted to use it . we never close the kitchen at 11,00 sometimes we have to move you for cleanning better the hostel . Thanks for staing with us and remember all staff are excelent .nobody is better than the others . this is a team work .everybosy has diferent responsibility onhis turn and it makes diference between staff.

Terrible value! This place is worth 15, maybe 20 pp so if your being charged more just look elsewhere because you'll be dissapointed. annoying push every 20 second showers, cheap foam mattress bunk beds and one power socket per dorm.

Dear, You came ill to l with infeccion and fever , we gave you a smaller private rom ,I made you rice and offered you medicin and doctor service . especially in your room 6 beds there are 8 sokets , the matreses are comphy as the other coments clearly speak about .Hope in futhre you will be more honest , You was informed about the prices in the San juan Event.Any hostel accept the cancelacion and changing the dte and we did it for you .Why everything was so dark and for the others good?

cant somplain :-)