Albareda Youthhostel Reviews

C/ Albareda 12, Barcelona, Spain

Nice hostel, cool staff. I went to a club with them and it wasn't the best club (actually, it sucked) but i think it was bad luck, because other people there went to some cool parties. Either way in Barcelona you can easily find a good party by your own.

Great place. Would go back!

Average, not so good not so bad. Nothing special to talk about.

The water in the showers was uncontrollably freezing or scalding hot and would periodically run out of hot water entirely. Lastly, there weren't enough outlets anywhere in the hostel (only two in a room, about six in the downstairs common room) so there was no way to securely charge your electronics.

Please see the other comments stay in the same time. if you didn't know how to use our new and modern showers the staff could have helped you .in all room there are at least 6 outlets and in the living room more than 15 .

Nice hostel, well located and clean. Receptionist are super helpful and they know a lot about the city (specially Agustin) I`ll be back soon to Barcelona and i definitely stay here again!

Loved it there. Great helpfull staff and even the other patrons were nice. Good security for bags and enough space in the rooms which were clean.

Best hostel ever!!! Definitely coming back!!

Great atmosphere over this place! love it, thanks you guys and hope to see you soon :)

The staff really helped me when I was sick at 3am. They helped talk to the cab driver to get me to the hospital. Really sweet guys. The place is really comfortable and family like.

great location and staff!!

I stayed in this hostel for 4 nights and the stay was really pleasant. The hostel staff is very friendly and answer all your queries with patience.The location is good just 5 min walk from the Parallel metro station and all the tourist attractions easily accessible. The beds were comfortable and the lockers were quite spacious. Just couple of things: the automatic lights in the bathrooms keep going off every 10 sec which was annoying and there were not enough charging points beside bed in room

• 4th Sep 2014
  • India

Dear, Thanks for your nice comment and happy that you had so nice time with ourstaff. sorry about the problem with light . this is repared .soon the hostel will be remodelied and nicer than actual . we will pay attencionn toall requested from clients to do it better and better. hope see you again in Barcelona and in our hostel again.

We got really lucky with the people staying at this hostel. We all got a long great and it is definitely a party hotel. Shout to Cormack the who works at Albareda. He made our stay there awesome. However, the facilities are pretty poor. There was only one toilet working for all the guys staying there and showers were pretty bad. Lights weren't working in our room when we got there and aircon systems were broken and they were needed. Make sure you go with a good group.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • JBoyd96

Dears,Sorry for problem in the electricity sistem during one night that make us all this problems, but as you see the next they everything was ok.sometimes in agoust and vacacions the people is not working so fast, this problem was in a part of the showers and room and is ok now. It can happen everywhere else too .we are happy that you had a good time with us .hope see you again as many others.

I loved my stay at Albareda, I would DEFINITELY return. This was my first Hostel experience, and I couldn't have been more pleased with my decision to stay there.

Hostel is good and they have a very nice and beautiful girl working in the reception department and because of this girl this Rating ♡♡♡♡♡♥♥♥♥♥

Really well located, five minutes walking from train station and twenty minutes walking from the beach. It's pretty much clean, the staff is great and the facilities are good. The only point of improvement would be planning better night activities.

The Youthhostel was great!!! The stuffs were so Open-minded and friendly. It just felt such as that they are also travelers. The Common room was great nice Place to get to know People or to chill. And I loved the Concept of the blackboard! In the commonroom is a Hufe blackboard with some activities in the hostels, such as BBQ or walking tours.

It is good

The lovely young lady on the reception desk was very helpful and the atmosphere at the hostel was good with pub crawls being held every night. The only downside that wasn't a huge deal was the inconsistent showers- sometimes you couldn't get hot water and other times cold and you had to keep pushing a button for it to work. Otherwise would recommend staying here.

The female bathroom was really tiny and dark, but the staff and location was great.

I got sick from the tap water near the beach (don't drink it!!!!) and the girl at reception, wish I had gotten her name, was the sweetest! She made me rice, brought me yoghurt, and came to check up on me. They also have 24 hour reception, which is awesome because you don't have to worry about losing your keys. Definitely would stay here again.

• 18th Jul 2014