Albareda Youthhostel Reviews

C/ Albareda 12, Barcelona, Spain

The staff really helped me when I was sick at 3am. They helped talk to the cab driver to get me to the hospital. Really sweet guys. The place is really comfortable and family like.

I stayed in this hostel for 4 nights and the stay was really pleasant. The hostel staff is very friendly and answer all your queries with patience.The location is good just 5 min walk from the Parallel metro station and all the tourist attractions easily accessible. The beds were comfortable and the lockers were quite spacious. Just couple of things: the automatic lights in the bathrooms keep going off every 10 sec which was annoying and there were not enough charging points beside bed in room

• 4th Sep 2014
  • India

Dear, Thanks for your nice comment and happy that you had so nice time with ourstaff. sorry about the problem with light . this is repared .soon the hostel will be remodelied and nicer than actual . we will pay attencionn toall requested from clients to do it better and better. hope see you again in Barcelona and in our hostel again.

We got really lucky with the people staying at this hostel. We all got a long great and it is definitely a party hotel. Shout to Cormack the who works at Albareda. He made our stay there awesome. However, the facilities are pretty poor. There was only one toilet working for all the guys staying there and showers were pretty bad. Lights weren't working in our room when we got there and aircon systems were broken and they were needed. Make sure you go with a good group.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • JBoyd96

Dears,Sorry for problem in the electricity sistem during one night that make us all this problems, but as you see the next they everything was ok.sometimes in agoust and vacacions the people is not working so fast, this problem was in a part of the showers and room and is ok now. It can happen everywhere else too .we are happy that you had a good time with us .hope see you again as many others.

I loved my stay at Albareda, I would DEFINITELY return. This was my first Hostel experience, and I couldn't have been more pleased with my decision to stay there.

Hostel is good and they have a very nice and beautiful girl working in the reception department and because of this girl this Rating ♡♡♡♡♡♥♥♥♥♥

Really well located, five minutes walking from train station and twenty minutes walking from the beach. It's pretty much clean, the staff is great and the facilities are good. The only point of improvement would be planning better night activities.

The Youthhostel was great!!! The stuffs were so Open-minded and friendly. It just felt such as that they are also travelers. The Common room was great nice Place to get to know People or to chill. And I loved the Concept of the blackboard! In the commonroom is a Hufe blackboard with some activities in the hostels, such as BBQ or walking tours.

It is good

The lovely young lady on the reception desk was very helpful and the atmosphere at the hostel was good with pub crawls being held every night. The only downside that wasn't a huge deal was the inconsistent showers- sometimes you couldn't get hot water and other times cold and you had to keep pushing a button for it to work. Otherwise would recommend staying here.

The female bathroom was really tiny and dark, but the staff and location was great.

I got sick from the tap water near the beach (don't drink it!!!!) and the girl at reception, wish I had gotten her name, was the sweetest! She made me rice, brought me yoghurt, and came to check up on me. They also have 24 hour reception, which is awesome because you don't have to worry about losing your keys. Definitely would stay here again.

• 18th Jul 2014

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Arrived alone at 5, was drinking with about 10 other guests by 5:30, by 9 a group of 15 of us went out clubbing. No one knew each other the day before. Next night 25 of us spent the whole night chilling by the Eiffel Tower. Cannot speak highly enough.

Best hostel I've ever seen!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hostel was clean, friendly and in a very convenient location to the main tourist hot spots as well as to a Metro station within walking distance. There was some difficulty with the older man who manned the reception in the afternoons and confusion with the keys as I was given wrong keys the first time, and then my dorm mates were given locker keys to someone else's locker!! Also he was difficult to understand and could not provide much help on where to go/what to do etc

Organisation at this hostel is awful, the first night we were put in an 11 bed dorm, instead of the 6 bed that we had booked/paid for. When showed to our room, we were given a key to someone else's locker! We were then woken in the night to a staff member opening our locker, which didn't make us feel like our things were safe. When we moved rooms, we were given someone else's locker key AGAIN!! The staff didn't know what was going on, people swapping beds constantly. Really bad service.

• 8th Jul 2014

Hi,sorry foe change you room. please see other comments during 8 years- if something unusual happened for lockers as the people didn,t sleep on his bed and the staff had to check.you did the same and did,t sleep in your bed again and we know the people with their key number . so it was nice be honest and remember all other free food , drinks , pub crowls ,free walk tour and daily cleaning and a lot of fun that you had with us . hope this is a big leccion to be back packer not an inspector

Albareda is located a short walk from Parallel metro station and is a 5-10 mins walk to the Ramblas from where you can tour the old town, visit the beach and what have you. Reasonable facilities, very social and integrative culture (if that's what you're looking for). I had arrangements on both nights but they have nightly pub crawls so you'll never walk alone. Good exp overall

Great hostel close to some great tapas restaurants. Beds were comfy and bathrooms were clean, wifi was also good. Staff were excellent and the hostel had a great atmosphere.

- Great staff, special shoutouts to Raphaela for being great hosts

• 3rd Jul 2014

Owners kind, social area nice. However, hostel was small & crowded, did not feel comfortable walking alone at night, and room doors were always left unlocked. One hostel employee was particularly upsetting - did not give us lockers (which were included in price) and even came up to our room & yelled at us extensively after we were reassigned (several times!) to different beds by various hostel staff, accusing us of trying to "cheat". Very bad taste in mouth, one of my worst hostel experiences.

• 30th Jun 2014

thanks for kind owner ,but if you don,t sleep in your bed in a 10 beds room always the orden will be desorden and the staff only once asked you sleep in your bed and diferent times asked you arrange your beloongs that you had absolutely around the room and the cleanning imposible. several persons were unhappy with you 3 only for this reason . one of the most important point in a back packer is being respectful and arranged .so any staf has to ask you be clean and arranged .

Really great place if you want to meet people, but less good of a place if you want 1. Wifi (you have to like them on Facebook to get access through a third party server), or 2. A nice bed or shower. Staff was super friendly though!