Albatross Backpacker Inn Reviews

1 Torquay St, Kaikoura, New Zealand

We had a pleasant stay. Thank you!

Getting the bad out of the way first, this hostel was the only one of 15 from my recent trip that gave no leeway on checkout time, and charged me for an extra night. The shower was also half broken. That said, the common areas were nice, the location terrific, the beds clean and comfortable, and the kitchen fully stocked. They even have community instruments you can play!

I loved the Albatros hostel! It is a beautiful and cosy home, with lots of lovely details which make you feel right at home. They have a nice garden, bikes to use for free, a cozy living room with piano and other instruments, fire place, big kitchen with lots of free stuff to share and the bedrooms are also very nice! I wish I could live there. Thanks for the awesome stay! (if you go there, make sure you sign up for the swim with wild dolphins!!!!! You'll have the best experience of your life)

It's a great hostel with a great vibe. The hostel is all about art, cooking and music, with a no TV policy, which I found great to meet people and enjoy relaxing evening. Clean and comfy place, nice kitchen although a bit too small and great location for a relaxing time with nice outside areas. I was just disappointed by my room, which did not look like in the pictures and the beds were so low that I banged my head hundreds of times each night. A bit of free wifi would be nice too. Great place!

I *LOVED* this hostel-my favorite in New Zealand. Starting with the warm welcome, to the clean and quaint dorm room with sitting area, to the hot shower available even after I checked out. Wish I could have stayed longer. Wonderful staff, wonderful surroundings.

10min walk into town center. Lot of long term stayers. Double bed rooms seemed to be a lot nicer than our twin room. Twin room had really cheap interior.