Albatross Backpacker Inn Reviews

1 Torquay St, Kaikoura, New Zealand

Great hostel and the best one we've stayed in in New Zealand. Our room was comfortable and clean, as were all the facilities. The kitchen is really nice and has everything you could possibly need. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The place had a really nice feel to it and we felt at home. Only downside was having to pay for internet but apart from that it was prefect. A lot of thought and money has been put in to this hostel to make sure guests have the best experience there possible.

Quirky little hostel with a great atmosphere. If you are a bit of a musician and miss playing instruments, stop in here and have a strum of a guitar, ukelele and many others. Definitely a place I would go back to!

Great arty hostel, really friendly people, a great town to go to, incredible local cliff top walk. Full of music lovers! Not bring musical myself I thought this would be a problem but was not. It was quiet at night and good facilities. Had to pay for wifi but good price and good service. The only thing I did not like was the polyester sheet. Static was annoying but otherwise great stay. Would definitely recommend it.

Everything you want from a hostel! Lovely set of buildings and great facilities. The atmosphere and vibe of the place was just right. Was even able to share a beer with the owners one evening, who were great company and even better hosts!

We really enjoyed it to stay in Kaikoura. The Window in our double was a bit weird and we couldn't close it well.

One of my favorite hostels in New Zealand. I loved the barbecues and dinners that Katie and Ben set up and the whole atmosphere of the hostel. Stayed at the girls room, which is located in kinda an extra appartement with an own kitchen and bathroom you only share with the rest of your room and a double room. Staff is funny and absolutely nice. Everything is clean and the sleeping rooms as well as the main room are lovely!

Great place to stay in Kaikoura - useful having your small "shop" behind recpetion. Reliable wifi provided.

Area we stayed in did not have the same security as the rest of the hostel, and resulted in the theft of some of our things (luckily nothing valuable). Otherwise, location was good, and the rest of the hostel looked nice.

A friendly, comfortable atmosphere! Close to everything. Would have liked free wifi.

Good hostel, stayed in private double - was very small but perfectly fine. Lots of good showers but only 2 toilets for our block. Keep in mind that this hostel promotes being eco friendly - we found that the people staying there at the same time as us were quite hippyish and abit clicky. Only other negative was that there were alot of flies in the room and kitchen. May be the time of year but noticeably more than any of the other hostels we stayed at that month. Would use again for short stay

Really great vibe, awesome communal spaces and good gear in kitchen. The rooms are a little cramped, but it's not a problem if you spend most of your time in the living room. Wifi is really good and it's close to town.

Quirky little hostel a five minute walk from the Main Street of Kaikoura. I was a little disappointed as I was really looking forward to staying here and it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Bed was so uncomfortable and creaky that every time someone moved we all woke up. My four bed was so small that only one person could stand up at any one time and the beds felt as though they were going to break.

Lovely Hostel a bit away from Town centre. We had a Great Stay. Would defo recommend it.