Albatross Backpacker Inn Reviews

1 Torquay St, Kaikoura, New Zealand

Really liked the cozy comfortable lounge and the kitchen setup (especially the free hot chocolate!) - would definitely come back if I'm in Kaikoura again. Showers were a little bit freezing at night though so that's a consideration if visiting in the colder months.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

We had a pleasant stay. Thank you!

Getting the bad out of the way first, this hostel was the only one of 15 from my recent trip that gave no leeway on checkout time, and charged me for an extra night. The shower was also half broken. That said, the common areas were nice, the location terrific, the beds clean and comfortable, and the kitchen fully stocked. They even have community instruments you can play!

I loved the Albatros hostel! It is a beautiful and cosy home, with lots of lovely details which make you feel right at home. They have a nice garden, bikes to use for free, a cozy living room with piano and other instruments, fire place, big kitchen with lots of free stuff to share and the bedrooms are also very nice! I wish I could live there. Thanks for the awesome stay! (if you go there, make sure you sign up for the swim with wild dolphins!!!!! You'll have the best experience of your life)