Albatross Backpacker Inn Reviews

1 Torquay St, Kaikoura, New Zealand

Lovely little hostel with very friendly staff

Upgraded to a twin private room at no extra charge! Nice cosy place with a great atmosphere despite it being low peak season!

This is the best hostel I have had the pleasure of staying at in New Zealand! Fantastic atmosphere, the staff are really friendly and the hostel is homely, clean, well decorated and full of music and life. I had the best three nights here and didn't want to leave. Great location, minutes from the sea, 5 minutes from the town and round the corner from the dolphin encounters. Wifi isn't free but does not matter as such a great hostel! Staying here is a must for ALL visitors to Kaikoura!!

Great hostel and the best one we've stayed in in New Zealand. Our room was comfortable and clean, as were all the facilities. The kitchen is really nice and has everything you could possibly need. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The place had a really nice feel to it and we felt at home. Only downside was having to pay for internet but apart from that it was prefect. A lot of thought and money has been put in to this hostel to make sure guests have the best experience there possible.

Quirky little hostel with a great atmosphere. If you are a bit of a musician and miss playing instruments, stop in here and have a strum of a guitar, ukelele and many others. Definitely a place I would go back to!

Great arty hostel, really friendly people, a great town to go to, incredible local cliff top walk. Full of music lovers! Not bring musical myself I thought this would be a problem but was not. It was quiet at night and good facilities. Had to pay for wifi but good price and good service. The only thing I did not like was the polyester sheet. Static was annoying but otherwise great stay. Would definitely recommend it.

Everything you want from a hostel! Lovely set of buildings and great facilities. The atmosphere and vibe of the place was just right. Was even able to share a beer with the owners one evening, who were great company and even better hosts!

We really enjoyed it to stay in Kaikoura. The Window in our double was a bit weird and we couldn't close it well.

One of my favorite hostels in New Zealand. I loved the barbecues and dinners that Katie and Ben set up and the whole atmosphere of the hostel. Stayed at the girls room, which is located in kinda an extra appartement with an own kitchen and bathroom you only share with the rest of your room and a double room. Staff is funny and absolutely nice. Everything is clean and the sleeping rooms as well as the main room are lovely!

Great place to stay in Kaikoura - useful having your small "shop" behind recpetion. Reliable wifi provided.