Albatross Reviews

51 Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

This is easily the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in! Very well looked after, and a very good value. The only slight bummer is that kitchen is a little lacking in pots, but that's fairly minor. We stayed on a Monday and it was very quiet, but I expect it is quite a but crazier on the weekends.

Another Great welcoming and servie during our stay. Will definately be back again😆😆😆

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Good things: Central location, common area, kitchen, everything pretty clean. Bad things: No lockers in the room, Wifi only in the common area, uncomfortable beds. I also had a shower and the water was cold!

What u pay what you get

The albatross is simply the best hostel in Newcastle and I should know, I've stayed in them all. Clean, secure, central with friendly staff that happily top it all off.

I had a very comfortable stay at Albatross. All the staff were friendly and helpful.

I had issues with this hostel and ended up leaving early for my first time ever. I emailed management to get a refund for my night not spent and 3 weeks later i still have yet to get a reply. It is obvious they do not care about their customers. Terrible business management. If you are young and just want a place to sleep after getting wasted, its fine. Otherwise i highly recommend you look elsewhere, because all youll hear are the wasted people at all hours of the night.

Good place, within walking distance of everything you'd need. 10 mins from St. James's Park.

• 16th Jan 2016

Great Hostel!

• 15th Jan 2016

Everything is great :X

Pleasant stay in this hostel. One issue was the 3 extra people sleeping in our room, who would not shut up.

Went to Newcastle for New Years. Hostel is fantastic, with great people there. the night lfie was also brilliant

• 30th Dec 2015

I saw a dead ghost girl & heard big eerie noises.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Bangladesh

Great location with really nice staff. Having read some reviews I was worried I would be constantly awoken by stag parties and hen dos but I had no such problems! I would definitely recommend.

Everything about this hostel was brilliant, except for the cleanliness of the toilets and showers. There wasn't as much atmosphere although everybody there was friendly.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It was a great stay. I loved all the paintings. I would have rated staff better as most of you were excellent but the 2 Spsnish guys were quite rude staff. They never said hi once and always yelled and slammed things over their football games they were watching. Otherwise the rest of the staff are great.

I stayed only for a night but it definitely was the most clean hostel I have ever seen! Just excellent!

• 14th Dec 2015

Have stayed here before which is why I came back, always enjoyable, staff are friendly, facilities are good and clean, rooms are nice and big, the kitchen & communal area are great. Can definitely recommend!

Only disappointment was the lack of outlet for a hairdryer in the shower room and no cue sticks or cue ball for the pool table.

• 28th Nov 2015

I saw on your website at 22.00 on the 27.11 that there were 5 free beds in 2 rooms for 28.11 till 29.11. I needed only 2 for me and for my son. I came to Albatross on the 27.11 at 22.30 or 23.00 and wanted to see a hostel and book 2 beds. The woman on the reception did not open the door and said there were no beds for 28.11 at all. I said there were beds on your website. But she spoke by phone and did not open the door, I could not book and pay. I had to book online. It was not polite.

• 28th Nov 2015