Albatross Reviews

51 Grainger Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Location is good and close to railway station. Also hotel staff are very friendly. I'd like to stay again.

This hostel was amazingly located for both sightseeing and nightlife, right on the main street. The common room and kitchen were great for cooking your own meal and hanging out/ pre drinking before going out. However, the wifi only worked in this room and not the bedrooms, which was a little annoying. There were also NO lockers in the rooms and you had to leave important things at reception and ask for them every time you wanted them (which the staff never seemed thrilled about doing).

This is a poorly managed hostel: sadly, stays here watch out! A business ran for monies rather than knowing real hostel, anybody for the cultural acceptance be not welcomed here. It is neither to get stuck here because it neither accommodates your belief; it lacks knowledge providing a service as a guest as many who know hostelworld receive a happy experience, you will leave well unhappy by all the immoralities which goes with Geordie shore. TAKE NOTE a place to avoid.

I had stayed on the second floor of the hostel and the Wi-Fi does not work up there. Other than that everything was great. The showers and bathrooms are very clean and the staff were very friendly.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Dead central, very clean, tidy, and full of friendly people... I didn't actually ask about security, but I know that my bags were in a 12 person room without anything to prevent people from rooting around them. Your staff are great, really, but in terms of atmosphere I think I arrived at a bit of a lull in clientèle, so it wasn't as booming as I had been hoping. I felt as though 16.50 pounds was a bit steep for a 12 person male/female dorm room, but beggars can't be choosers.

• 8th Jun 2015

Had a really good night in Newcastle for my Hen do, the hostel was great couldn't fault it, if you are like myself and are easily pleased then it's the place for you. The hostel exceeded my expectation apart from the customer service I found could have been better, I found that some of the staff were quite "Stand offish" which I can understand, because I bet this hostel can get rowdy at times which isn't nice for them but don't tarnish everyone with the same brush.

• 6th Jun 2015

The location was great, really central but I expected a nicer hotel for the amount I paid! The staff were lovely so thankyou for that.

The staff was extremely helpful in finding places to see and things to do they. The woman at the front deck was also very helpful in booking us another night when out transportation fell through that morning and see had to stay in Newcastle for one more night.

Nothing going on during the week with minimal people! In a great location easy walk to both Bus and Train stations

Turned up with bikes without checking but they managed to find a space. Staff from different hostels don't have the same knowledge as regular staff though.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Much larger than I expected but the facilities and people were fine and it was nicely close to the train station.

Just minutes away from the train station, this hostel is bang in the city center. Staff are really helpful and very welcoming.

A very good hostel.

Thank you, everything was great, the communal area was big and clean and so was our room.

The hostel was great .and the staff very nice and helpful.would deffenelty go back again

• 29th May 2015
  • Scotland

Super clean, but we were two 19 year old girls in a room/floor of drunk older men on stag dos. Other than that there's not much to say, did really appreciate how clean it was though.

Was amazing location and accommodation was brilliant. Glad I got to stay there.

Great central city location. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Clean. Plenty of space and comfortable. Recommended for a stay in Newcastle.

Awful miserable staff, horrible basic room, not enough light to put make up on in the room, toilets miles away.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Wales

This hostel was expensive in comparison to what you got. Very loud, and the only way to close the door is by slamming it. Newcastle is a big party town, which is fine, but the yelling and screaming every night tilll 4am is a little tiresome. No wifi in the rooms, it only works in the downstairs lounge. Staff was not very friendly, and when my key card stopped working I was told that I would have to wait 20 minutes for the night crew to come in because their shift was over.

« first « Prev 1 2 3