Albergo Giovanna Reviews

Via Faenza 69, Via Faenza 69, Florence, Italy

It's exactly what everyone travelling with someone special needs, close to the train station, clean and tidy and a very nice owner. Cheap, however, it has everything you need, a bed and a bathroom. Would recommend to everyone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money.

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

You must walk up 3 flights of stairs and there is no elevator.

Great location in walking distance from SMN station, and all the sights of Florence. Don't miss the mercato a block away. Giovanna is a real character, happy and welcoming.

• 11th Jan 2015

everything cool.thx

• 1st Jan 2015
  • China

very cozy hostel, friendly and helpfull host, so close to the trainstation and thecenter and all for a very decent price, we were happy to stay there.

• 26th Dec 2014

Giovanna was really nice and always very helpful. The hostel is very close to the train station and the city center, everything is nearby. The room was very clean and quiet (we got one looking to the courtyard). Good value for money if you need a place where you can sleep for a few days when visiting the city.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Hungary

Extremely sick hostel!!!!! The hostress is an old lady who is always "watching" you everytime you go to the bathroom and go out. She will ask you to pay for the WIFI and if you refuse she will even insult you!!! No air conditioner!!!! I just felt like dying for the 36 degree centigree hot summer!!! Don't choose this hostel which will destroy your stay in Florence!!!

A perfect, small sleeping place between central station and S.Lorenzo. Booking price was very good and if you need a place only to sleep it's perfect. If you'are looking something more than a bed, I think this place is not for you!

Giovanna was very pleasant and welcoming. The room that I had was very clean and quiet. It was really nice to be able to come and go anytime during the day, there was no curfew. I would gladly stay with Giovanna again.

• 16th Sep 2013

likes: the location, the cleanness, it was quiet without noise dislikes: you have to pay for the internet additionally 1 euro per day, it was unusual for me when I asked for the knife to cut my water-melon and I was given a plastic one. Is it easy to manage it with a plastic knife?)

a nice old lady, everything is fine! just be careful about Florence's mosquitoes in summer.

Great place to stay Very friendly, helpful staff. Location is great, close to the train station and walking distance to main attractions. Supermarket, laundromat, pub and resturants in the same street. The only thing I wished for was a fan at night as the room gets hot in summer.

Great hostel! Good price! We definitely recommend it!

My boyfriend and I stayed at this cute hostel for two nights. The owner is a really sweet, accommodating lady. She went out of her way to make me a cup of coffee with biscuits one morning. The only downside was that we had to pay for wifi (2 euro per day), however, the second night we didn't have two euro on us and she grant us access for the one euro that we had which was nice. It's also pretty centrally located which is a plus.

It's a very well located hostel, the people in reception are really nice and helpful. But the hostel does not have AC

Great location for exploring Florence, and close to the train station (easy walking distance). The hostel was pretty quiet. Staff had good knowledge of where to go, and were very friendly. Great place to stay if you are on a budget as it is clean and a good location. Only down side was that it was very hot in the rooms as there was no air con or fan which made it very difficult to sleep!

Its on the third floor and theres no elevator so you have to carry your lugage all the way up, if you dont have problems with that everything is OK. The location is excelent, very close to the Duomo and the Rail Station. Giovanna is very polite and friendly also, i had a good experience there, she gives you the keys of the inside and outside door of the hotel, so you can go out and return any time as you want without worrying about the hour.

• 16th Jun 2013
  • Peru

This was in a great location and the lady who runs it is very nice but I have stayed in much better places for the same price and less in other tourist locations. It was very noisy even for a heavy sleeper. I was told I had to pay cash for a three night stay the night before I left so I had to go back out and to an ATM that night. The protocol around the room key and the holding of your passport didn't sit very comfortably with me either. However, as I said, it can't be beaten for location.

Great location, easy walking distance from station and every important tourist site. A neat little room with a view (if you don't mind walking stairs). No frills, quiet, tidy, with helpful staff. This is the most authentic and best value for money experience I've ever had in the centre of any big tourist city (and I've stayed in far more than my REVIEWER status of novice traveller would indicate ;-)

It's a good hostel with a good location , 5 min walk from the station, and the street is safe and the hostel as well. But there is no common room to meet other people you are alone, so it's perfect for one day stay but more than that you need another place to communicate with other people. Giovana is a nice lady but she doesn't know English well.

« first « Prev 1 2 3