Albergo Villa Serena Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 2/b, Marghera, Venice, Italy

The staff were lovely and very helpful. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the train station so in a great location.

It's cheaper than the island and 10 minutes from station but it's villa and good.Personel is good and wifi is good.

Overall enjoyed our stay, the main downfall was the air conditioning which didn't work at all, and with 26 degrees at night, it was horrendous... Also would like to note that it's very easy to hear the neighbours. The staff were friendly and pleasant, but could not help us with our air conditioning problem, however we managed to bargain a free breakfast out of them for our sleepless night.. Considering the price though, it was still value for money going by the location and local amenities.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

We had an excellent stay, all the staff were very nice and everything was ok! The breakfast worth paying for that and it was really good! The rooms are a good deal for the asked price and there is a fast bus direct to Venice very close. We liked a lot the areas outside with table and the atmosphere is really cool. We definitely recommend the place.

The staff was amazing and so friendly, I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a cheap place to stay while in Venice, only a 10 minute bus ride to the island.

• 10th Jul 2015

This hostel on paper looks great. The location is truly fantastic. That being said, the sleep quality was horrible. It was sweltering hot, and the hostel cut the power to the lights and fan at night so we basically were sleeping in 40 degree weather with no break. It was basically a hot box with no respite. I sleep through anything, but it was the worst sleep of my life. If you have the choice, sleep on the bottom bunk because it's slightly cooler. The rest was great though.

Lovely place to stay, quiet and staff were very helpful

This hostel is like a weird converted nursing home or something - everything is pastel and our room was musty and gross in a basement. No phone service or Internet. The location is in Mestre, the mainland part of Venice, not the islands. Getting over to the main part is pretty easy but the trains stop running at night.

The original hostel my group booked told us upon arrival that they didn't have room for us so they booked us in their sister hostel. This wouldn't be a big issue if the sister hostel was just as close to the train station as our original, but, it was further away, wasted an hour and a half of our day, and was down grade from our original booking for the same price. After some haggling the price was lowered to offset the bus pass we then had to get for transport.

BAD. This hostel claimed they over booked (only a few keys were missing from their hooks) and sent us to another hotel, which was about a mile further away from the train station. This hotel had a ground floor bar, which had a surprisingly large number of men at it when we checked around 2pm. The hotel was nowhere near as nice as the one we booked, but we were charged the full price of our 1st room. This seemed to be a standard practice of the hostel. They had a prepared tour for the car ride.

We were changed to an underground room in another hotel! There was no good explanation of this.

directions provided by the hostel were poor. Got off the train, got lost for almost two hours with heavy backpacks in tow. On our journey to find the hostel, we were warned on two occasions by locals to "beware the night" and to head inside before dark as Porta Meghera is a rough part of town. room itself was standard, clean but nothing special. It boasted a private bathroom, which was down the hall. I was horrified to realize the fact that there was a door that lead outside that didn't lock.

Venice and my stay at Albergo Villa Serena was the last station of a long journey through the whole of Italy. My best impressions were Florence and Venice or Venice and Florence, as you like. Very friendly, nice and competent stuff, as to organisation, transport connections, eating. Their advices were really good. I flied . I flew back home from Venice and the cup of capuccino last morning was a lovely final point. I'd like to return to Italy and stay for a couple of days in these two hotels (Ve

Not on island, but very homey and easy to get to island. Water heater didn't work very well. Cats roam around the lobby, but staff is very nice. Got lost on way there from airport. Take a taxi!!!

That was the worst hotels that I've been in my last trip ( a trip from Madrid to Morocco passing by a few cities in Italy). The staff was rude (only one girl was nice with me). The water in the shower was very cold and nobody cares about this. The decoration is a bad mix about something decadent and tacky. The bar is expensive.

The hostel is nice but very secluded. It is not on the island of Venice and you have to take a train or cab there. There are not a lot of places to eat around the area. Make sure you check how many people are staying in the room because we thought we booked one of our rooms for 5 people and then they would only let 4 stay in it. They are very strict about how many people can stay in each room. They would not allow us to even get ready in the same room. So make sure you book groups together