Albergo Villa Serena Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 2/b, Marghera, Venice, Italy

The Hotel was really clean and with a good location ( really near Mestre statione and bus stop). They provide informations around the hotel and Veneze. The only Problem is The wifi that only works well at The lobby. Breakfast is expensive( 7€ or 5with random discount) but good.

Our room in the basement level stunk of smoke and mould.

The staff was wonderful and the place was adorable. Very eclectic. My only concern was the lock on the door to our room. It seemed like it could be easy to pick, and seemed like it could fall off at any moment.

nice nice nice.. good location... i like it.. but in my room Air condition did not work.. but still for low money hotel is good.. breakfast was good

The best hostel in Italy,clean and cheap.2 min. from the bus stop and 10 min. ride to city center.i will stay again!

I mistakenly booked this hostel thinking it was a different one with the same name and immediately contacted it about the mistake. The staff who responded were rude and mean. They called me a liar and other impolite names. Even after giving them multiple forms of proof that I was on the other side of Italy that night, they responded with horrible comments and refused to give me even a partial refund. I would never, ever stay at this hostel due to the lack of general human decency of the staff.

• 6th Aug 2014

My stay at this hostel was absolutely terrible. The room we were given was in the basement and smelled awful. The lights/outlets did not work, the ceiling was leaking and the blankets/sheets had holes in them. Our room was not cleaned or serviced and when we asked if someone could clean it or if we could switch rooms we were promptly told "no" with no further explanation. The staff was extremely rude and unprofessional. Do NOT waste your money on this poor excuse for a "hotel".

• 30th Jul 2014

Loved it! Little old on decoration and carpet, but so cute none the less! Great family run feeling. Only downside is not being actually in Venice! Great value and great room!

People working reception were very nice and helpful, providing a map and information on which bus routes and directions to go to get to Venice. The room was okay (4 bed, private bath), clean towels and linen provided. I did however wake up the second day with my hands covered in a mysterious bites/rash. The city tax is needed upon arrival and must be paid in cash. The breakfast (while confusing as you need to specifically ask for the food) was good, lots of variety and filling.

The room was nice and the staff was nice. It was also nice having a bar at the hotel. The location was okay. I felt a little unsafe walking back at night, but I have no idea if I was just being paranoid. The train station to Venice is just 8 minute walk.

It's a very beautiful hostel, not in the main island, but is only about 10 minutes bus. good location, close to bus station and train station. very helpful staffs.

Venice really is just a bus ride away. The Villa is super cute! Glad I chose this place. The older ladies who run it don't really speak English, but the younger two are perfect. The only thing this place needs it a better breakfast (don't waste your money on it) and better wifi (it only works in the lobby).

Friendly and helpful staff.

This was a very pleasant place to stay: sunny, comfortable, clean. The man at the desk was incredibly helpful, giving us a map and all the info we needed to find our way around Venice. It's a very convenient and fast bus trip to Venice, even better than expected. We loved having the "bar" on premises where we could purchase cappuccinos and juice for a good price without having to walk. Only downside is that wifi doesn't reach all the rooms!

Very dirty. All the outlets in our room were coming out of the wall with exposed wiring, so that's safe...We had a difficult time getting to the main area of Venice on the Grand Canal, and there was nothing in our area for accomodations such fun restaurants or sites to visit.

There was a cockroach in our room and lots of mildew, the ventilationsystem of our bathroom was a window inside our room.

Not on the main island, but easy enough to get around via bus (10 min). Rooms were spacious. Some staff weren't super friendly (others were great), but never felt comfortable or welcome (like we were a bother?). Internet only works downstairs. Rooms always clean and it was very easy to get to Venice.

Our room was on the third/top floor and felt like a room in the attic. It was small and stuffy with dead bugs on the bed, like no one had been in there in months, and there was one small skylight window over the bed. The A/C didn't work; when we asked reception, we were told to open a window, which we did, and when it suddenly rained that night, the bed predictably got wet. A bit disappointing; only good thing is that the train to the island is only 1.25 Euro and is pretty frequent.

Persone: Misto: 2 Data Acknowledged Room Type Stanze Prezzo 25th May '14 2014-05-25 DOUBLE SHARED BATH IN DEPENDANCE. 1 EUR 65.76 You had bathroom inside and better room of what you book,you left the window open and u didnt say nothing to us so how i can know it or thats gonna rain.if you want 5 star hotel i guess u booked on the wrong web-site.

The rooms looked like they belong in a doll house. Staff was friendly but the atmosphere was not what we were looking for.

Thank you for the lovely stuff, you are nice and very helpful. Location was good for us, because we had a car. And we want to park outside of Venice. By bus took us around 6min to downtown.We got a map, we had wifi. Clean bathroom with towels. We had a room in the basement - it smell a little bit (not bad) - but we did not care. We stayed there only one night and most of the day sightseeing. I can recommend this place. Enjoy!!!