Albergo Villa Serena Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 2/b, Marghera, Venice, Italy

Lovely place to stay, quiet and staff were very helpful

The original hostel my group booked told us upon arrival that they didn't have room for us so they booked us in their sister hostel. This wouldn't be a big issue if the sister hostel was just as close to the train station as our original, but, it was further away, wasted an hour and a half of our day, and was down grade from our original booking for the same price. After some haggling the price was lowered to offset the bus pass we then had to get for transport.

BAD. This hostel claimed they over booked (only a few keys were missing from their hooks) and sent us to another hotel, which was about a mile further away from the train station. This hotel had a ground floor bar, which had a surprisingly large number of men at it when we checked around 2pm. The hotel was nowhere near as nice as the one we booked, but we were charged the full price of our 1st room. This seemed to be a standard practice of the hostel. They had a prepared tour for the car ride.

We were changed to an underground room in another hotel! There was no good explanation of this.

directions provided by the hostel were poor. Got off the train, got lost for almost two hours with heavy backpacks in tow. On our journey to find the hostel, we were warned on two occasions by locals to "beware the night" and to head inside before dark as Porta Meghera is a rough part of town. room itself was standard, clean but nothing special. It boasted a private bathroom, which was down the hall. I was horrified to realize the fact that there was a door that lead outside that didn't lock.

Venice and my stay at Albergo Villa Serena was the last station of a long journey through the whole of Italy. My best impressions were Florence and Venice or Venice and Florence, as you like. Very friendly, nice and competent stuff, as to organisation, transport connections, eating. Their advices were really good. I flied . I flew back home from Venice and the cup of capuccino last morning was a lovely final point. I'd like to return to Italy and stay for a couple of days in these two hotels (Ve

Not on island, but very homey and easy to get to island. Water heater didn't work very well. Cats roam around the lobby, but staff is very nice. Got lost on way there from airport. Take a taxi!!!

That was the worst hotels that I've been in my last trip ( a trip from Madrid to Morocco passing by a few cities in Italy). The staff was rude (only one girl was nice with me). The water in the shower was very cold and nobody cares about this. The decoration is a bad mix about something decadent and tacky. The bar is expensive.

The hostel is nice but very secluded. It is not on the island of Venice and you have to take a train or cab there. There are not a lot of places to eat around the area. Make sure you check how many people are staying in the room because we thought we booked one of our rooms for 5 people and then they would only let 4 stay in it. They are very strict about how many people can stay in each room. They would not allow us to even get ready in the same room. So make sure you book groups together

The staff a villa Serena were absolutely wonderful and very accommodating. And if you're an animal lover it's a great place to stay! The bathroom may have been tiny but everything was clean and well presented. It's a little walk from the Mestre train station but there's a great pizza shop not too far as well. My friend and I had a simply wonderful stay! Thanks guys :)