Albergo Villa Serena Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 2/b, Marghera, Venice, Italy

People working reception were very nice and helpful, providing a map and information on which bus routes and directions to go to get to Venice. The room was okay (4 bed, private bath), clean towels and linen provided. I did however wake up the second day with my hands covered in a mysterious bites/rash. The city tax is needed upon arrival and must be paid in cash. The breakfast (while confusing as you need to specifically ask for the food) was good, lots of variety and filling.

The room was nice and the staff was nice. It was also nice having a bar at the hotel. The location was okay. I felt a little unsafe walking back at night, but I have no idea if I was just being paranoid. The train station to Venice is just 8 minute walk.

It's a very beautiful hostel, not in the main island, but is only about 10 minutes bus. good location, close to bus station and train station. very helpful staffs.

Venice really is just a bus ride away. The Villa is super cute! Glad I chose this place. The older ladies who run it don't really speak English, but the younger two are perfect. The only thing this place needs it a better breakfast (don't waste your money on it) and better wifi (it only works in the lobby).

Friendly and helpful staff.

This was a very pleasant place to stay: sunny, comfortable, clean. The man at the desk was incredibly helpful, giving us a map and all the info we needed to find our way around Venice. It's a very convenient and fast bus trip to Venice, even better than expected. We loved having the "bar" on premises where we could purchase cappuccinos and juice for a good price without having to walk. Only downside is that wifi doesn't reach all the rooms!

Very dirty. All the outlets in our room were coming out of the wall with exposed wiring, so that's safe...We had a difficult time getting to the main area of Venice on the Grand Canal, and there was nothing in our area for accomodations such fun restaurants or sites to visit.

There was a cockroach in our room and lots of mildew, the ventilationsystem of our bathroom was a window inside our room.

Not on the main island, but easy enough to get around via bus (10 min). Rooms were spacious. Some staff weren't super friendly (others were great), but never felt comfortable or welcome (like we were a bother?). Internet only works downstairs. Rooms always clean and it was very easy to get to Venice.

Our room was on the third/top floor and felt like a room in the attic. It was small and stuffy with dead bugs on the bed, like no one had been in there in months, and there was one small skylight window over the bed. The A/C didn't work; when we asked reception, we were told to open a window, which we did, and when it suddenly rained that night, the bed predictably got wet. A bit disappointing; only good thing is that the train to the island is only 1.25 Euro and is pretty frequent.

Persone: Misto: 2 Data Acknowledged Room Type Stanze Prezzo 25th May '14 2014-05-25 DOUBLE SHARED BATH IN DEPENDANCE. 1 EUR 65.76 You had bathroom inside and better room of what you book,you left the window open and u didnt say nothing to us so how i can know it or thats gonna rain.if you want 5 star hotel i guess u booked on the wrong web-site.

The rooms looked like they belong in a doll house. Staff was friendly but the atmosphere was not what we were looking for.

Thank you for the lovely stuff, you are nice and very helpful. Location was good for us, because we had a car. And we want to park outside of Venice. By bus took us around 6min to downtown.We got a map, we had wifi. Clean bathroom with towels. We had a room in the basement - it smell a little bit (not bad) - but we did not care. We stayed there only one night and most of the day sightseeing. I can recommend this place. Enjoy!!!

It was a little odd finding out that the view from our room was of the laundry facility for the hotel. And that our shower was just a corner of the room with a shower curtain. Also the toilet was part of your shower area. The hostel is a little confusing to find from the train station. But you cannot argue with the price. Only 10 minutes by train from the island.

I really enjoyed my time in Veneza, part of this I can say that, it was at Albergo Villa Serena.

• 23rd May 2014

With this hotel you definitely get what you pay for. Even though it's not located in the island, the bus stop is a 5 minute walk away and the bus comes every 10 mins. Only major problem was that the wifi was very weak and didn't reach the top floor so you had to go use it in the lobby. However, the hotel has a very homey feel which is fitting for a place like Venice.

Great hostel, very close to Venice canals and at the same time very quiet.

We had a nice stay there. Very nice hotel and very nice environment.

• 10th May 2014
  • China

Location was very convenient - on the mainland. Very close to the train station on Mestre and a short bus ride to the airport. Bus to main island of Venice was convenient. Staff was very helpful, particularly with directions w/ a complimentary breakfast when I checked out! My room did smell a little weird, but they changed the sheets everyday (I think). Bathroom set was a bit strange with the shower and toilet together and the drain was not that great. Overall good stay.

I will officially write in to hostelworld as well as the Italian tourism board to complain about this hotel because of the reason below: 1. The distance between this hotel and mastre station is not 300m but 1.2km according to google map 2. the hotel sold the 5-bed room that we booked and patched up a room for us last minute and when we asked about our original room the staff asked us to 'take our money and get out' we have everything recorded in video. hostelworld, please contact me personally.

The hostel was very nice, reasonable price. I had electric curtains and a fridge inside the room. The room had a small balcony with chairs and a table. It was very clean and neat. 7 euro breakfast, I had to leave early and couldn't try it. It is 15 min away from Venice SMN but I consider it better if you need an early departure. I would definitively stay there again.