Albergo Villa Serena Reviews

Via Mezzacapo 2/b, Marghera, Venice, Italy

The Hotel was really clean and with a good location ( really near Mestre statione and bus stop). They provide informations around the hotel and Veneze. The only Problem is The wifi that only works well at The lobby. Breakfast is expensive( 7€ or 5with random discount) but good.

Our room in the basement level stunk of smoke and mould.

The staff was wonderful and the place was adorable. Very eclectic. My only concern was the lock on the door to our room. It seemed like it could be easy to pick, and seemed like it could fall off at any moment.

nice nice nice.. good location... i like it.. but in my room Air condition did not work.. but still for low money hotel is good.. breakfast was good

The best hostel in Italy,clean and cheap.2 min. from the bus stop and 10 min. ride to city center.i will stay again!

I mistakenly booked this hostel thinking it was a different one with the same name and immediately contacted it about the mistake. The staff who responded were rude and mean. They called me a liar and other impolite names. Even after giving them multiple forms of proof that I was on the other side of Italy that night, they responded with horrible comments and refused to give me even a partial refund. I would never, ever stay at this hostel due to the lack of general human decency of the staff.

• 6th Aug 2014

My stay at this hostel was absolutely terrible. The room we were given was in the basement and smelled awful. The lights/outlets did not work, the ceiling was leaking and the blankets/sheets had holes in them. Our room was not cleaned or serviced and when we asked if someone could clean it or if we could switch rooms we were promptly told "no" with no further explanation. The staff was extremely rude and unprofessional. Do NOT waste your money on this poor excuse for a "hotel".

• 30th Jul 2014

Loved it! Little old on decoration and carpet, but so cute none the less! Great family run feeling. Only downside is not being actually in Venice! Great value and great room!

People working reception were very nice and helpful, providing a map and information on which bus routes and directions to go to get to Venice. The room was okay (4 bed, private bath), clean towels and linen provided. I did however wake up the second day with my hands covered in a mysterious bites/rash. The city tax is needed upon arrival and must be paid in cash. The breakfast (while confusing as you need to specifically ask for the food) was good, lots of variety and filling.

The room was nice and the staff was nice. It was also nice having a bar at the hotel. The location was okay. I felt a little unsafe walking back at night, but I have no idea if I was just being paranoid. The train station to Venice is just 8 minute walk.

It's a very beautiful hostel, not in the main island, but is only about 10 minutes bus. good location, close to bus station and train station. very helpful staffs.