Albergo for Backpackers Reviews

8 Church Street, PO BOX 1803, Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

Fantastic hostel, always a BBQ / brai which adds really good atmosphere. It's clean and safe and friendly!

Central, helpful staff, would recommend

very central and with a nice garden/braii area. Our room was out to thebraii area/reception and parking lot and therefore a bit loud. THe kitchen and bathrooms however where clean.

Great backpackers, one if the best in SA! Very friendly and helpful staff and owners who go out of their way to help however they can when other services such as baz bus seem to go out if their way to screw you over. Amazing location right in town of a beautiful place. More backpackers should go there! The garden with hammocks everywhere and a braai every night is perfect. Couldn't recommend this place highly enough!

We were really pleased with everything,great to have braai set out for us too,good spot to chat. As an older couple we didn't feel out of place at all either.

• 10th Oct 2013
  • Couple, 41+

The Albergo is a lovely hostel. The ladies at the travel desk are very helpful and efficient. Every night there is a opportunity to BBQ and to socialize with your fellow backpackers.

This was a really lovely place & a great location to relax & enjoy the beach. They have a braai on every day and you just bring your own meat etc and sit round and cook and relax and get chatting. It is just off the main road so close to the shops and restaurants and you can walk to the beach. Our room was clean and with a nice bed, just not the greatest shower. There is a full kitchen to use which is great and a chill out t.v area as well as the bbq area. I would definitely stay here again.

Grat location, just in the middle of the town close to everything! (nightclubs, restaurants, pharmacy, beach, etc) It is a bit cold in winter, so be prepared! The staff is always ready to help you and it is one of the few hostel with 10% discount in many activities of garden route!

Nice hostel that worked with us arriving late and leaving early. Comfortable common room with relaxing and interesting crowd.

Comfortable stay. Gate broke open during the night though nothing inside was damaged (my guess from high winds not crime).

The hostel itself is very hard to fault, with great facilities, a beautiful back garden and braii area, and a great location near the beach and main street. However myself and my group found most of the staff to be very difficult, often avoiding your questions about local activities, asking to come back at a different time or go somewhere else to ask about it. More than once, one of the girls at reception got quite aggressive with us about booking activities, which was clearly very intimidating.

Dear Bridget, Sorry for the late reply! We are really sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our staff. We have a whole new team and it is very difficult to train them, especially activity wise. Do you maybe know who of the girls became aggressive/unhelpful. I would like to address this to them and train them so they become good hosts for our backpackers. Maybe you can look on one of the pictures (Hostelworld.com)? Thank you very much for your help and we hope to see you all back one day! Leslie & Mirjam Albergo for Backpackers

Nice place with a cool vibe and great social areas - hanging around in the hammocks, having a Braai was great. The staff (except for the woman I assume is the owner) were essentailly uselees, they couldnt help with any queries and basically just said to come back when the owner is there. In fairness they did appear to be being trained. The bed was not very comfortable and was rock hard.

Had a short stay here but the location was great as well as the friendly staff

Lovely walk from the hostel down to the beech. Best location for me as right across the road from Checkers and Curves which I have been attending on my travels around S.A.

The Albergo experience starts with a very excellent reception followed by a great atmosphere. All the staff are super cool and the people that stay are in for a really treat.

Albergo is an AMAZING hostel and I HIGHLY recommend it. They have very friendly STAFF, great ATMOSPHERE and perfect LOCATION! I will definitely return to Albergo on my next trip. THANKS AGAIN!!!

• 16th Dec 2010

kitchen facilites bare minimal,had a big cheek to have a charge of 5% on credit card payments.

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!!

• 29th Jun 2010

Great location for visiting lots of local activaties and a very friendly place to stay.

The staff at Albergo are really friendly and a good laugh. The position within the town is ideal. The hostel has a braai every night so you can bring your own food and cook it SA style. We went in Winter so the fire indoors was an awesome place to have a beer, play pool and meet new people. This was my favourite hostel in SA.

« first « Prev 1 2 3