Albergue Berimbau Reviews

Rua do Sodre 361 - Centro Historico, Bairro Dois de Julho, Salvador, Brazil

Interesting hostel. Staff some speak English at all. They made 0 effort to be friendly. Location is on a sketchy street ( saw police break into house beside hostel). 0 effort put into breakfast. Clean room, standard bathroom , great air con and wifi. There are better and worse hostels out there.

It's not a hostel, just an albergue without proper facilities. Any of the staff couldn't speak English so me and the others staying in ended up with using translator. No locker, they're lack of common room and unfriendly. The reception guy asked me buy overpriced bloco, I said no thanks. Then his face went furious and he didn't talk back to me. He also kicked me out when I was 'sitting' on the couch in front of reception after check out, saying that I have to pay extra to use it!!

• 11th Feb 2015