Albergue Berimbau Reviews

Rua do Sodre 361 - Centro Historico, Bairro Dois de Julho, Salvador, Brazil

I booked Albergue Berimbau without knowing much about it. when my local Brazilian friend from Salvador picked me up from the airport and found out I was going there, he was concerned. He told me that it was on a very sketchy and dangerous street. Pelourinho used to a very dangerous part of town, clearly the majority of it has been restored and is heavily touristed, but sections of it still remain quite sketchy. I trusted my brazilian friend and did not stay here.

A great place, I do not know how they charge this price, very clean, close by to all tourist places, I already booked for carnival, for the first time I felt I was home.

• 27th Aug 2014