Albergue Hostel S�o Jorge Reviews

R. Das Portas Do Carmo, 25. Pelourinho, (Antiga rua Alfredo de Brito), Salvador, Brazil

If you´re a solo traveller looking to meet other travellers this is not the place to stay. I was under the impression I had booked one of the last beds but when I arrived there was nobody there bar 3 people who I saw very briefly. For this reason I left after 1 night and booked into the much more sociable Galeria 13. The Owner also made very rare appearances, so trying to find him to change my booking was hard and trying to get a refund even harder as he kept disappearing.

Very affordable, a decent breakfast, and clean. Very nice terrace on the last floor and a bright common area. Very convenient 24h reception, and proposed to arrange a taxi for airport pickup since we were arriving late. The fan in one of the dorms of the ground floor was quite noisy and the light stayed on all night, but I was so tired that I slept anyways!

The staff were outstanding, very helpful and flexible. We paid in advance for a five night stay, but then wanted to go to the islands, after the first two days. They allowed us to return three weeks later and continue with our original payment. Had a lot of information and personally showed us the fruit/vegetable market.

• 13th Dec 2014