Albergue Hostel S�o Jorge Reviews

R. Das Portas Do Carmo, 25. Pelourinho, (Antiga rua Alfredo de Brito), Salvador, Brazil

We stayed here for one night over the world cup period in a private room. We had an extra single bed basically our own outdoor courtyard area looking over the street. The main area is very nice it has two massive doors making the place nice and cool. Can use the kitchen and a fridge. Staff are very helpful they helped us recover our passport from a taxi. Security late at night also would definately stay here again!

Do not book via a website they don't care about reservations..no computer at the reception... I had to pay the entire price of the night my reservation on hostel world.

• 4th Jun 2013

Beds disgusting,too old,stang of formaldehyd,was scared that I will catch something.Toilets+bathroom disgusting,too old,cleared badly.We were the only customers,somebody from the staff used the toilets too, please use a toilet brush. Really noisy place. TV room was close to our room and owner watched TV almost a whole night and a whole morning, it was not only laud it was shouting,not possible to sleep.We did not feel welcome at all. If we book double bed provide us with doubl

Don't think this hostel is used very much, we were the only two people there. I think they are only full for carnival. We only stayed one night and could not have coped with anymore. There was a camera in the room we stayed in.....They say it is for locker safety - I just felt uncomfortable with it.

We found bugs on our beds, the bed almost broke in when we sat on it... The showers are cold and there are only 2 for the whole hostel. We booked a double bed private but they tried to put us in a dorm... The staff doesnt speak english. The breakfast is good though, and the location is very good, in the center of Pelourinho. It was ok for the price we paid.

We only stayed here because they had no minimum stay during carnival, but really enjoyed the place. Brilliant central location.

dont go into a four person dorm if ur going during carnival. you wont get any sleep. bigger dorms are up stairs and away from the kitchen.

Good situation, nice people, quite cheap. The breakfast isn't the best in the world, a little bit of jam would be nice but the hostel is very nice.

Amzing location! And cheep! But the lady who works there makes you feel like your in a prison rather than a hostel. Very bad customer service

• 18th Feb 2011

Good location once you find it. The rooms are a acquired taste and factilities are basic

It is in great location, Pelourinho. Sorrounded by lots of stuff to do: bars, concerts, museums, restaurantes, and a lot of pepople. But as it is in from of a very noise dance club, you never get to sleep. It is not that clean either. Though it is worth the money.

Le petit dejeune n'est pas bien garni tous les jours.Cette rue reste sure la nuit.Dans la partie basse de l'auberge,il y a un restaurant qui fait des concerts du mardi au samedi(=buyant).Demander les chambres de6personnes qui sont ouvertes sur la rue et son moins bruyante.La chambre de4personnes n'a qu'un fenetre tres petite qui donne sur la cour qui sent la friture de tps en tps.La chambre de12personnes ouvre sur la cour du restaurant(=bruyant).Satisfaite de mon sejour,personnel performant.

Great location and staff were really nice and helpful.It was difficult to explain to one member of staff that we had already paid 10% through this website though, and once I had shown her on the net.

Andre, the hostel operator, ILLEGALLY charged my credit card! With no autorization from myself to charge the remaining amount after deposit, he did so. This was during carnaval, so the amount is substantial. When I tried to contact Andre about this he completely ignores my e-mails. A terrible way to do business, and is not safe for travellers. I would strongly not recommend booking this hostel online with a credit card. Please let other travellers know not to book with this hostel online.

Very good location. Only one person amoung the staff speaks english and he´s never there :( The breakfast was very good with a lot of fruit!

great spot, great people... Teo

A few people had their bags stolen while I was there. Good location though.

Brilliant location, lovely people and fantastic fellow travellers. BIG fruity breakfast but cramped rooms and no chill out space..however we were there near Carnival so things were somewhat manic!

Ótimo lugar e pessoas adoráveis.

Great location, could not be better. Beds are rubbish, one of ours had broken slats so they put a second mattress on top and ignored the problem. Staff OK, very average hostel, but you won't find better value for money if you want to stay in the Pelourinho...