Albergue O Pharol Reviews

Praca Santos Dumont, n� 07, Itacare, Brazil

very nice hostel, but serious muskito problem

If carnaval is happening while you stay in itacare, and you want to get some good night sleep, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! The hostel was right behind the stage, and music and noise went on until 5 am in the morning so i had to move out after just 1 night after just 3 hours of sleep (5am-8am).

Hi Idan, I told You when You arrive that we are going have noise, You answered thats no problem and You forgot to say that the money that You paied come back to You.

very nice Hostel, i can recommened, perfect service. thanks

I had a room and bathroom to myself because it was low season but this meant it was quite quiet. The shower had cold water on the Friday night but they fixed this on Saturday. Didn't like that you didn't have breakfast included.

Great value hostel, staff were welcoming, helpful and friendly. Rooms and bathrooms were really clean. The location was perfect. We were amazed at what you got for the money.

The hostel located close to the beach and on the main street of bars and shops, which was excellent. In general it's a nice place to stay and a good value for money. There is a chance to see a life band organised by the hostel and the staff is friendly and speak some English. The room we stayed in was a 4 bed dorm and it had a nice balcony facing yard. A nice place to chill. From the cleanliness aspect there could be some improvement (bathroom needed some refurbishment), but in general it was OK

Cute place with a large kitchen, Is at the beginning of the main street quality and courteous staff

The hostel is situated at the far end of the main road in Itacarè, so the location is pretty good. However, staff will not do more than absolutely neccessary and they are not too interested in telling you what to do around the area either. What really makes this hostel bad is the BIG problem with bed bugs. We ended up staying just one night and one of us had over 100 bites just after one night. Would not recommend staying here unless this problem has been sorted.

Hi Marte, unhappy I just saw your comment few days ago, and Im so sad to ready about, because if we had problems with bed bugs, we had a very "Big problems", and I dont know why You didn´t complain about it at the reception, before You leave and I can´t understand why just You had this problem, (maybe You bring in your clothes from other place that You were before here, or maybe You confused bed bugs with mosquitoes, in Itacaré, we have a lot of mosquitoes), speacially because I had one guest sleeping at the same room per more than 2 months and nothing happenning to him, its really unbelievable...

The hostel was impressive with it´s rooms and sitting room. Apart from that there´s not much good to say about the rest of the hostel. The kitchen has extra charges for outside guests, using the oven and bbq area. There is no breakfast or towels provided. The main major dislike for me were the staff. On check-in the lady was friendly and helpful but the following day all of the other staff were rude and unpleasant. The credit card machine was not working at reception and either were the ATMs in the area w

the hostel was great the staff were so helpful in helping us find our way round Itacare. They spoke english which helped as we dont have very good portugese. Great location as it was a the end of the main street where all the shops, restaurants and bars were.

Owner is super cool. I would advise that you pay for an upgraded room, the cheapest dorm rooms get pretty hot

Great hostel with friendly, helpful staff. Rooms were great with plenty of space and very clean. Very cool balcony with hammock. Nice big common area and kitchen. No cafe da manha though!! As I love waking up and walking down to a laid out breakfast, this was a big negative for me. Also no free towel which was a bit of a shame. Apart from that, great hostel that I would definitely recommend to others.

This hostel is PERFECT! I want to go back and stay here. The staff is super nice and really friendly. Great rooms, good location, friendly and home-like environment. Good place to relax while on vacation.

Amazing hostel, the best place in Brasil. Staff very kind with all the guests, attenttion in all details, good location, funny, clean. I´m gonna recommend to everybody...

Great rooms with balconies and hammock, cleaned every day. Kitchen could do with some new utensils though. Not a hostel for avid non-smokers as the owner and staff smoke constantly in the lobby and the smell wafts upstairs, and the internet is is really slow...

Super hostel, lovely atmosphere, AWESOME staff. And Itacare is fabulous!

Nice place to stay. Really nice owner with a facinating number of photos of her own travels over the walls. Stay and have a chat with her. You may learn something!

bathrooms are foul.. the staff smoke everywhere and dont discourage guests to do so.. the guy at the desk is amazing but the girls give sloppy information.. the rooms boil.. im not sure if the other hostels are better but this one was no thrill.. maybe the private rooms are better

Great hostel, pleasant place to stay in a great town.

I love Itacare and this hostel!! Like other people have said, I was going to stay for 7 nights but ended up staying for 2 and a half weeks. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Definitely stay at this hostel!!