Albergue Vila Carioca Hostel Reviews

Rua Est�cio Coimbra No 84, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Okay we booked a 6bed dorm when we got there,There was a guy with stinky shoes in the dorm that stunk the room out and my misses said she can't stay in there they upgraded us to a 4 bed dorm have to be happy with that (with a bathroom) only issue is the night shift guy knocked on the door at 1am or so to see if there was any beds lucky I was away breakfast was good seems like a social kind of place not overly loud tho Have a nice stay

Great location, great staff, good breakfast. The price isn't fair (R$130 per person per day on the new year's eve) for a bedroom that only has a bed, and they turn the air conditioner off during the day even in the summer, when the weather is hot like hell. Anyway, it's probably a good choice if it's not new year's eve, carnaval, rock'n'rio, etc.

• 31st Dec 2014

I was worried when we booked a private room with a shared bath BUT there were three bathrooms on our floor alone! It ended up never being an issue at all. The nightly air conditioning was absolutely necessary. Breakfast was delicious - the cakes/cookies and fruit were a great start to my day.

Located in a safe area of rio, really near to the metro , so it was easy to get about rio to the main attractions. Helpful staff who spoke good English and could answer our numerous questions! Good quality breakfast provided.

Close to the metro on busy streets but still quiet with comfy beds for a good night's sleep - plenty of variety at breakfast too. I had a problem understanding how the shower worked but the staff member was really helpful straightaway - I would recommend this hostel!

• 16th Sep 2014

Good location, good staff and good breakfast. The only problem thatt we had was when we were sleaping the people entered at bedroom and they didn´t care the noise and the people who was sleaping. The staff should be pay attention about that. For the rest everything ok.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels