Albergue Vila Carioca Hostel Reviews

Rua Est�cio Coimbra No 84, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Close to the metro on busy streets but still quiet with comfy beds for a good night's sleep - plenty of variety at breakfast too. I had a problem understanding how the shower worked but the staff member was really helpful straightaway - I would recommend this hostel!

• 16th Sep 2014

Good location, good staff and good breakfast. The only problem thatt we had was when we were sleaping the people entered at bedroom and they didn´t care the noise and the people who was sleaping. The staff should be pay attention about that. For the rest everything ok.

Great place to stay. Good facilities, very clean, lots of showers and toilets so you almost never have to wait, great location (close to the metro, shopping centre, super market, etc) If you're looking for a hostel with more of a party vibe though, this isnt the place. Wifi is not great in the dorms, but that's not a big issue Otherwise, would definitely recommend

Watch out... It's a great place to stay IF you have a good room and don't have any problems. This hostel is great ONLY if you get a good room and don't have any problems that need dealing with by the staff. We had both terrible and positive experiences during our 3 night stay.

I had a nice time and will come back if i need a place to stay in rio for couple of days

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Cameroon

Great place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. Close to the subway station. Friendly staff.

I loved this place!! The staff there is hands down the nicest, coolest, and most helpful staff of any hostel I've stayed in. All day they happily answered a barrage of questions from the guests, about arranging city tours, tips on where to go out, or calling for a cab from the hostel. The atmosphere at the hostel is also amazing. I met so many great people and had a few great nights just partying at the hostel. It's not beach front, but very close to Botafogo metro and other tourist stuff.

A decent hostel that fits a hell of a lot of people. Big dorms carry with them their own pros and cons and that's just a personal thing, you know it'll be like that when you book. Decent location in a quiet, safe little street. There is a lot of information available at the front desk and the football table is great. There is a great buzz in the hostel and it's very easy to meet great people.

Overpriced for what we got.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Location wise not too bad as right next to Botafogo metro so easy to get around everywhere, but Botafogo isn't the greatest part of Rio. It is a very cramped in the dorms, they've squeezed as many beds in as they can and not too many toilets/ showers for everyone to use. The staff were friendly enough, but couldn't give a great insight on what to do on nights out etc so you were very much left to go somewhere and hope it was good.

We really enjoyed our 4 day stay during the World Cup. The staff we encountered were all uber friendly and helped us with suggestions on how best to get around and places to eat at etc. breakfast was fantastic more than expected Tiny areas for improvement: - Add in extra shelves or hooks in the wash room. There is literally no place other than the toilet lid to put stuff when having a shower. - Same with the bed room - more hooks on the wall so that we could hang damp towels/bathers etc.

Moved here from Lapa which was noisy and very hectic, to this calm, cool place tucked away in a quiet street, close to Botafogo beach and well located for transport links around the city.

• 27th Jun 2014

Very nice hostel! We were there in the World Cup time and was a good experience! The location is perfect, the place is beautiful and the staff is cool (the girls from Argentina and Chile, the boys from Italy and the Manager, thanks a lot!). Just I think that needs activities or anything to improve the atmosphera between the travelers. Wonderfull hostel, I recommend 100%! =)

Love it!! I totally recommend it!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Colombia

I believe the best asset this hostel has is its staff, very professional and remarkably friendly, especially Alicia and Gillerme. On the other hand, I think they should improve their cleaning services and the overall aspect of the place, which looks untidy and neglected.

Good location central between Copacabana and rest of city. Nice common area, where you could meet people.

It was good.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Chile

Great hostel in a quality location. Botafogo is a really nice area and close to Copacabana. The hostel has great common areas and the staff were really accommodating.

Fantastic location and the staff are super friendly and helpful! They also have THE best breakfast I've had in a hostel!

I only stayed here for less than 24 hours, so I feel my opinion isn't very well informed. The place seemed really great- good vibe, lots of resources and facilities. The only thing that could be improved is that, well, my room flooded during a rain!

• 10th Jun 2014