Albergue Vila Carioca Hostel Reviews

Rua Est�cio Coimbra No 84, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I had a nice time and will come back if i need a place to stay in rio for couple of days

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Cameroon

Great place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. Close to the subway station. Friendly staff.

A decent hostel that fits a hell of a lot of people. Big dorms carry with them their own pros and cons and that's just a personal thing, you know it'll be like that when you book. Decent location in a quiet, safe little street. There is a lot of information available at the front desk and the football table is great. There is a great buzz in the hostel and it's very easy to meet great people.

Overpriced for what we got.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Location wise not too bad as right next to Botafogo metro so easy to get around everywhere, but Botafogo isn't the greatest part of Rio. It is a very cramped in the dorms, they've squeezed as many beds in as they can and not too many toilets/ showers for everyone to use. The staff were friendly enough, but couldn't give a great insight on what to do on nights out etc so you were very much left to go somewhere and hope it was good.

Moved here from Lapa which was noisy and very hectic, to this calm, cool place tucked away in a quiet street, close to Botafogo beach and well located for transport links around the city.

• 27th Jun 2014

Very nice hostel! We were there in the World Cup time and was a good experience! The location is perfect, the place is beautiful and the staff is cool (the girls from Argentina and Chile, the boys from Italy and the Manager, thanks a lot!). Just I think that needs activities or anything to improve the atmosphera between the travelers. Wonderfull hostel, I recommend 100%! =)

Love it!! I totally recommend it!

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Colombia

I believe the best asset this hostel has is its staff, very professional and remarkably friendly, especially Alicia and Gillerme. On the other hand, I think they should improve their cleaning services and the overall aspect of the place, which looks untidy and neglected.

Good location central between Copacabana and rest of city. Nice common area, where you could meet people.

It was good.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Chile

Great hostel in a quality location. Botafogo is a really nice area and close to Copacabana. The hostel has great common areas and the staff were really accommodating.

Fantastic location and the staff are super friendly and helpful! They also have THE best breakfast I've had in a hostel!

I only stayed here for less than 24 hours, so I feel my opinion isn't very well informed. The place seemed really great- good vibe, lots of resources and facilities. The only thing that could be improved is that, well, my room flooded during a rain!

• 10th Jun 2014

Hostel is located close to some local restaurants on Rue Nelson Mandela. Also extremely good access with the metro. Shopping mall down the road. Hostel was well maintained, staff were very helpful with suggestions of what to do and assisting in bookings. They spoke really good english.

The staf did not know anything about the visits to the Christ the redentor nor pan de azucar. The toilets and the rooms were dirty all the time even when the cleaner came by to 'clean'. The cleaners chatted all the time with the staff so I guess they did not have any time left to do their actual work. For the computers you had to pay around 3 reales but the internet did not work...

Hi, we are sorry for that and trying to improve. We hired new STAFF members and they werent so confident about giving that information, sure that now they know this information. About the cleaning was good your coment so we can show this to them and try to improve their work. About the computers i cant remeber why they were not working, usually they work fine. We invite you for another stay, we are sure that we can change this bad impression. Thanks for your review.

The staff was simply amazing. So much so that I personally overlooked the other small issues with the hostel

All in all, this place is amazing and I would recommend staying here for anyone who comes to Rio in search of a hostel. Where you stay ends up impacting your voyage a lot, and I was extremely lucky to have landed here. The best part about it is the atmosphere. Very easy to meet new people. A nice homely lobby with excellent staff. The location is really good as well- right by the metro in Botafogo, an awesome neighborhood of Rio. Good food too. Watch out for the mosquitos though.

• 5th Jun 2014

Great, friendly staff. Much quieter than many of the other hostels in Rio-which is great for me! Breakfast is bomb! Misquitos are pretty awful. They have a tree that is next to the windows and the misquitos come in at night and can make sleeping a lost cause. I would recommend big spray and earplugs(for the buzzing past you ears). I'd definitely stay here again.

It's a good hostel in a quiet neighbourhood. Very friendly staff who are willing to help you navigate in Rio. Good breakfast! We slept in the 4 bed dorm, big enough, nice decorated bathroom, beds a bit uncomfortable with the thin matresses.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels