Albergue Vila Carioca Hostel Reviews

Rua Est�cio Coimbra No 84, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Thanks for a great stay. A brilliant introduction to South America.

Best hostel ever !! Thanks to all the fantastic staff . Saudade !

Not well organised room not available when we arrived. Some staff v good others not very good breskfast

Maybe they should be a little more formal, in terms of uniforms and transmitting that it is a serious business.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Guatemala

I was there 10 days and loved to come back. very good place to stay! Excellent staff! good breakfast. very recommend.

They should improve the bathrooms

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Colombia

Very helpful staff who spoke excellent English. Felt very secure with locked gate, 24 hr reception, safe and lockers. The place was kept very clean. Short walk to the metro and local bars soma good place to stay in Botofogo

I stayed in February 2014 in Villa Carioca Hostel and i can just say was a fantastic stay!! Toilet cleaned, paper substituted, soap refilled everyday. 6 people dormitory with fan and Air conditioned. Big breakfast, totally not-skimped on quantities. Free wi-fi. Also the location is very comfortable: get anywhere thanks to the Metro station Botafogo close by and Rua Clemente for busses it's simple. Big shopping mall 10minutes on walk. And the companies of little monkeys on three :)

Excellent hostel, relaxed atmosphere, safe area, close to metro (5min walk to station) and busses (5-10min walk to stops) to everywhere around Zona sul. Helpful staff and good facilities. No party going on so good sleep is guaranteed :)

valeu Bob ! bjus Dana

Manuela and Ciuliana were perfect host of the Hostel, capable of serving us in whatever language we wanted.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

I have not found better breakfast than yours!!!! =)

Francesco in particular was a very helpful and enthusiastic staff member. Good breakfasts for a hostel. Relaxed atmosphere in common room. Air conditioning only came on at night in the bedrooms, sometimes later than expected.

• 9th Jan 2014

The hostel is great, in a street with security guards. Perfect connection to the subway. It's good to meet other people but also a lot of southern americans who don't speack english. The rooms with aircon are great, I would not recommend the others. Please be aware that you should not get near to the beach at Botafogo, I was robbed even one block away from the beach. I wouldn't recommend to walk further than to the metro in that direction.

I stayed four days, met a lot of poeple and were served very well. Breakfast is tasty and rich of diversity. The kitchen has everything for cooking. The rooms are clean, the sanatories as well but maybe a little bit used. The staff was very nice and like friends to me. The hostel is located in a quit street with little monkeys in the trees - very cute. Botafogo lays very central and all attractions are easy to reach. All in all a very recommandable place for a great stay in Rio.

It was a very nice hostel and I had a great time. Good location to banks and restaurants, 30 min to the beach and at a reasonable price. Nice!

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Sweden

I had a wonderful time here!!! I felt so relaxed and enjoyed chatting away with many great people!!!

This hostel became my second home in Rio. I started my journey there and before I left Rio I spent my last days there. The staff is friendly, helpful and it feels like staying in a friends house. The atmosphere is very relaxed, they have a big kitchen and the beds are comfortable. My highlight was feeding the little monkeys in the mango tree in front of the hostel :) I will come back for sure!

• 10th Nov 2013

Lovely, friendly and inclusive hostel, right by Botafogo metro. The breakfast is also great. Highly recommended.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels