Albergue Vila Carioca Hostel Reviews

Rua Est�cio Coimbra No 84, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staf did not know anything about the visits to the Christ the redentor nor pan de azucar. The toilets and the rooms were dirty all the time even when the cleaner came by to 'clean'. The cleaners chatted all the time with the staff so I guess they did not have any time left to do their actual work. For the computers you had to pay around 3 reales but the internet did not work...

Hi, we are sorry for that and trying to improve. We hired new STAFF members and they werent so confident about giving that information, sure that now they know this information. About the cleaning was good your coment so we can show this to them and try to improve their work. About the computers i cant remeber why they were not working, usually they work fine. We invite you for another stay, we are sure that we can change this bad impression. Thanks for your review.

The staff was simply amazing. So much so that I personally overlooked the other small issues with the hostel

All in all, this place is amazing and I would recommend staying here for anyone who comes to Rio in search of a hostel. Where you stay ends up impacting your voyage a lot, and I was extremely lucky to have landed here. The best part about it is the atmosphere. Very easy to meet new people. A nice homely lobby with excellent staff. The location is really good as well- right by the metro in Botafogo, an awesome neighborhood of Rio. Good food too. Watch out for the mosquitos though.

• 5th Jun 2014

Great, friendly staff. Much quieter than many of the other hostels in Rio-which is great for me! Breakfast is bomb! Misquitos are pretty awful. They have a tree that is next to the windows and the misquitos come in at night and can make sleeping a lost cause. I would recommend big spray and earplugs(for the buzzing past you ears). I'd definitely stay here again.

It's a good hostel in a quiet neighbourhood. Very friendly staff who are willing to help you navigate in Rio. Good breakfast! We slept in the 4 bed dorm, big enough, nice decorated bathroom, beds a bit uncomfortable with the thin matresses.

It is a good place to meet people, and it is really well located. Very close to the Botafogo metro station. They need to improve the toilets, they are very small. Breakfast is just enough, not so good but it is ok. If you are confortable to sleep in a small space with 14 people, it will be ok. If not, I recommended you look for another place. For me was ok. Maybe I will be back.

We were in "deluxe private room" which hardly could be classified as "deluxe", it was small , furniture was older. I guess they labeled it this way because it has private bathroom. We went in other hostels that had much better private rooms. Air conditioner was allowed to run only after 10 PM in the evening. Wifi was hardly accessible in the room. Nice atmosphere in the main living room. Breakfast was bad Staff is English speaking, they were helpful

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Bulgaria

the good: located just 7 minutes walking from rhe Botafago metro station nice breakfest and overall a good atmosphere the bed: the rooms and barhrooms need a renovation some of rhe guys at the reception do not talk english that well the lockers are realy small bottom line; with so many hostels in rio you can probably find a better one

the hostel is in a quiet area and close to the subway and near a shopping mall. facilities are good just the toilet doors needed some repairs but the shower is good. good breakfast as well.

First of all the neighborhood is great! Non-touristy, a lot of locals and good transportation network! The breakfast is really good and the staff was always nice and very helpful! The dorm was terrible though and triple bunks are torture. I also do not know what is wrong with the girls in the hostels, but they seemed to do their business everywhere execpt in the bowl. But that was not the fault of the staff.

Thanks for a great stay. A brilliant introduction to South America.

Best hostel ever !! Thanks to all the fantastic staff . Saudade !

Not well organised room not available when we arrived. Some staff v good others not very good breskfast

Maybe they should be a little more formal, in terms of uniforms and transmitting that it is a serious business.

• 15th Mar 2014