Albergue Vila Carioca Hostel Reviews

Rua Est�cio Coimbra No 84, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hostel is located close to some local restaurants on Rue Nelson Mandela. Also extremely good access with the metro. Shopping mall down the road. Hostel was well maintained, staff were very helpful with suggestions of what to do and assisting in bookings. They spoke really good english.

The staf did not know anything about the visits to the Christ the redentor nor pan de azucar. The toilets and the rooms were dirty all the time even when the cleaner came by to 'clean'. The cleaners chatted all the time with the staff so I guess they did not have any time left to do their actual work. For the computers you had to pay around 3 reales but the internet did not work...

Hi, we are sorry for that and trying to improve. We hired new STAFF members and they werent so confident about giving that information, sure that now they know this information. About the cleaning was good your coment so we can show this to them and try to improve their work. About the computers i cant remeber why they were not working, usually they work fine. We invite you for another stay, we are sure that we can change this bad impression. Thanks for your review.

The staff was simply amazing. So much so that I personally overlooked the other small issues with the hostel

All in all, this place is amazing and I would recommend staying here for anyone who comes to Rio in search of a hostel. Where you stay ends up impacting your voyage a lot, and I was extremely lucky to have landed here. The best part about it is the atmosphere. Very easy to meet new people. A nice homely lobby with excellent staff. The location is really good as well- right by the metro in Botafogo, an awesome neighborhood of Rio. Good food too. Watch out for the mosquitos though.

• 5th Jun 2014

Great, friendly staff. Much quieter than many of the other hostels in Rio-which is great for me! Breakfast is bomb! Misquitos are pretty awful. They have a tree that is next to the windows and the misquitos come in at night and can make sleeping a lost cause. I would recommend big spray and earplugs(for the buzzing past you ears). I'd definitely stay here again.

1 2 Next » last »