Albergue Vila Carioca Hostel Reviews

Rua Est�cio Coimbra No 84, Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The location in Botafogo is good, the metro is close and can connect you to everywhere in Rio. The staff was helpful and can arrange airport transfers that are very reasonably priced. Some of the larger hostel rooms I stayed in in Rio, but all the mattresses had think bulky covers that were very uncomfortable for sleeping, though good for cleanliness. The breakfast was good and secuirty was good, but they could use a storage room for luggage if you have to check in or out early.

Great welcome by friendly, informative staff. Great location for travelling around the city.

• 13th Apr 2015

We stayed in a private room, it was fine for what we wanted but could have done with a clean. Our bathroom did not even compare with the bathrooms for the dorms which were much nicer and cleaner. We had no hot water for our shower our entire stay. Air con in the room worked well and the place is very secure with a nice breakfast. If you're looking for dorms I would recommend this place. Maybe not for a private room.

Stayed at Vila Carioca during carnival and had a blast. Guests were super friendly but it isn't a party hostel. Staff was helpful but not so friendly. Botafogo was recommended by a Brazilian friend because it's centrally located to so many places. I like the private street hostel is located on and it's close to subway and a great supermarket. Biggest complaints I have besides the sketchy wifi is the top bunks are incredibly difficult to get out of and sometimes the showers were hot.

• 13th Feb 2015

Positives: *Some staff were friendly and helpful *Amazing kitchen *Next to the metro, great for getting around *Safe, nice neighbourhood *Good showers Negatives: *Staff not that knowledgeable about basic tourist info facts like opening times, gave wrong information *No bar so no real evening atmosphere (but to be fair they are on a residential street) *Bins in toilets often full and overflowing

Facilities: wifi was not very good at all, rooms were fairly small. Our room had air conditioning and a fan which was nice for the hot weather. The area is quite nice with the metro nearby so it is easy to get around Staff: not sure if they were new staff, but they weren't too knowledgeable of the area

This was a great hostel during Carnaval. Good atmosphere with people wanting to did te action and really helpful staff. Not a major party hostel but a good balance of a lot of fun and then calm when you want to escape the madness. As there were so many people the cleanliness was probably not the best you've seen but to be expected during the madness of carnaval. As with all hostels it was expensive during this peak time.

Staff fantastic. Very helpful. Clean rooms Toilet cubicles a bit small but not the end of the world. Best hostel I stayed in Brazil by a mile. Staff are superb

• 9th Feb 2015

Excellent hostel in a nice neighbourhood. Very friendly and helpful staff and the rooms are generally clean and tidy. Could do with a bit more organised fun and activities but a good choice on the whole.

I enjoyed my stay here, the staff are all friendly and the lay out of the place is sociable for chilling out n having a few beers. It said there is AC over night, but my room only had fans, although others said they had AC, I guess that's what I get for the cheapest option, but it didn't really bother me. And the breakfast was always good with fruit, bread, cakes, cheese n ham.

• 30th Jan 2015

Okay we booked a 6bed dorm when we got there,There was a guy with stinky shoes in the dorm that stunk the room out and my misses said she can't stay in there they upgraded us to a 4 bed dorm have to be happy with that (with a bathroom) only issue is the night shift guy knocked on the door at 1am or so to see if there was any beds lucky I was away breakfast was good seems like a social kind of place not overly loud tho Have a nice stay

Great location, great staff, good breakfast. The price isn't fair (R$130 per person per day on the new year's eve) for a bedroom that only has a bed, and they turn the air conditioner off during the day even in the summer, when the weather is hot like hell. Anyway, it's probably a good choice if it's not new year's eve, carnaval, rock'n'rio, etc.

• 31st Dec 2014

I was worried when we booked a private room with a shared bath BUT there were three bathrooms on our floor alone! It ended up never being an issue at all. The nightly air conditioning was absolutely necessary. Breakfast was delicious - the cakes/cookies and fruit were a great start to my day.

Located in a safe area of rio, really near to the metro , so it was easy to get about rio to the main attractions. Helpful staff who spoke good English and could answer our numerous questions! Good quality breakfast provided.

Close to the metro on busy streets but still quiet with comfy beds for a good night's sleep - plenty of variety at breakfast too. I had a problem understanding how the shower worked but the staff member was really helpful straightaway - I would recommend this hostel!

Good location, good staff and good breakfast. The only problem thatt we had was when we were sleaping the people entered at bedroom and they didn´t care the noise and the people who was sleaping. The staff should be pay attention about that. For the rest everything ok.

Great place to stay. Good facilities, very clean, lots of showers and toilets so you almost never have to wait, great location (close to the metro, shopping centre, super market, etc) If you're looking for a hostel with more of a party vibe though, this isnt the place. Wifi is not great in the dorms, but that's not a big issue Otherwise, would definitely recommend

Watch out... It's a great place to stay IF you have a good room and don't have any problems. This hostel is great ONLY if you get a good room and don't have any problems that need dealing with by the staff. We had both terrible and positive experiences during our 3 night stay.

I had a nice time and will come back if i need a place to stay in rio for couple of days

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Cameroon

Great place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. Close to the subway station. Friendly staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7