Albert Hotel Reviews

Rue Royale Ste-Marie 27-29, Brussels, Belgium

I had an awful stay in the Albert hotel! The room was ok I guess but whenever we closed the door the window was opening!!!! The woman on the reception(she was the one with long dark blond hair) was incredibly annoyed from the presence of any costumers didn't give us a map and when we were checking out I asked her where to put the keys she was drinking coffee on a table and just hummed to me to leave it on the reception. Didn't show any positivism during our stay didn't provide us with infoatall

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Bulgaria

Bedbug alert. I received 25 bedbug bites at this hostel! We first checked in and had bedbugs in the room after about an hour of sitting on our bed we saw them. We freaked out and went downstairs to checkout but were told they would NOT refund us, but said he would give us another room...we accepted and went into room #2. After extensively checking for an hour and ripping the sheets off to make sure it was clean we fell asleep. We woke up a 1/2 hr later to bedbugs all over us and checked out.

Slow wifi Bathroom covered in mold Unfriendly staff Really uncomfortable beds

Nice hotel, great value. Neighbourhood isn't too great bus easy to walk into the centre.

Good enough for the price. Takes a bus to get to the center though.

Hotel Albert is 1, 5 km van de binnenstad. Prima te lopen. Wel een vieze kamer met schimmel rond het dakraam. Het omtbijt was zuinig en je past maar met z'n tweeen in de lift. Helaas niet zo goed als we hadden verwacht.

• 8th Jul 2014

This is a good hotel for the price you pay. It is good that you have the bathroom inside and you can have 2 or 3 beds to stay only with the people that go with you. For me the only problem was the bad neighborhood around.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Dominican Republic

The staff were helpful, but the facilities at the hotel were poor. When I arrived the shower was broken, though this was fixed after it was brought to the attention of staff. Aside from that, the hotel was poorly maintained. The room had been cleaned when I arrived, but there were several problems. Aside from the broken shower, there was no soap, the window would not close properly, and there was a bad smell in the wardrobe. I felt that my belongings would not be 100% secure there. Poor value.

The hotel itself was fine, not super nice but good enough for the low price. The area was sketchy, weird men, and when we ran across some hot police officers they reminded my friend to close her purse better because there are lots of pick pocketers around. This area is primarily Mediterranean/Muslim people (??) so probably not wealthy, and no normal grocery or cafe places. The staff was not friendly, but were helpful when we had specific questions.

• 13th Jun 2014

For the price i paid, i aspect a better service. Our bath was broken, throwing out water from the upper rooms. The staff was quite "not enthusiast" but i have to say it was efficient. One more thing i didn't appreciate: an extra amount of money was taken from my bank account as a normal procedure, but i was not adviced previously about it. The money has been given back to me, but after i asked for it.

Nice hotel, mainly Ideal for a 1/2 night stay over the weekend. Clean rooms and showers. The walk to the city center is fairly long around 25/30 minutes which I already knew. Decent hotel at the end of the day for as I said a 1 or 2 night stay.

• 19th Apr 2014

The room was not modern at all and was very old for the price I was expecting a bit more. Also I was charged a 12euro tourist tax on top of the amount I had already agreed to pay their was no mention of this when booking I found this very unfair as I was put on the spot and had no choice but to pay this.