Albert Hotel Reviews

Rue Royale Ste-Marie 27-29, Brussels, Belgium

Slow wifi Bathroom covered in mold Unfriendly staff Really uncomfortable beds

Nice hotel, great value. Neighbourhood isn't too great bus easy to walk into the centre.

Good enough for the price. Takes a bus to get to the center though.

Hotel Albert is 1, 5 km van de binnenstad. Prima te lopen. Wel een vieze kamer met schimmel rond het dakraam. Het omtbijt was zuinig en je past maar met z'n tweeen in de lift. Helaas niet zo goed als we hadden verwacht.

• 8th Jul 2014

This is a good hotel for the price you pay. It is good that you have the bathroom inside and you can have 2 or 3 beds to stay only with the people that go with you. For me the only problem was the bad neighborhood around.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Dominican Republic

The staff were helpful, but the facilities at the hotel were poor. When I arrived the shower was broken, though this was fixed after it was brought to the attention of staff. Aside from that, the hotel was poorly maintained. The room had been cleaned when I arrived, but there were several problems. Aside from the broken shower, there was no soap, the window would not close properly, and there was a bad smell in the wardrobe. I felt that my belongings would not be 100% secure there. Poor value.

The hotel itself was fine, not super nice but good enough for the low price. The area was sketchy, weird men, and when we ran across some hot police officers they reminded my friend to close her purse better because there are lots of pick pocketers around. This area is primarily Mediterranean/Muslim people (??) so probably not wealthy, and no normal grocery or cafe places. The staff was not friendly, but were helpful when we had specific questions.

• 13th Jun 2014

For the price i paid, i aspect a better service. Our bath was broken, throwing out water from the upper rooms. The staff was quite "not enthusiast" but i have to say it was efficient. One more thing i didn't appreciate: an extra amount of money was taken from my bank account as a normal procedure, but i was not adviced previously about it. The money has been given back to me, but after i asked for it.

Nice hotel, mainly Ideal for a 1/2 night stay over the weekend. Clean rooms and showers. The walk to the city center is fairly long around 25/30 minutes which I already knew. Decent hotel at the end of the day for as I said a 1 or 2 night stay.

• 19th Apr 2014

The room was not modern at all and was very old for the price I was expecting a bit more. Also I was charged a 12euro tourist tax on top of the amount I had already agreed to pay their was no mention of this when booking I found this very unfair as I was put on the spot and had no choice but to pay this.

The location is awesome, in front of Museumplein and a very nice supermarket. Althought facilities are really bad for doormrooms: a small four wall shower in the kitchen so you have to take your clother with you but in the shower they get all wet; a toilet in the main hall with a very opac mirror out of it and everyone that passed can see you freshen up (ex:brush your teeth), it was very unconfortable. There is a mirror and a faucet in the room but if you use it you end up waking everyone up.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • Portugal

The staff was amazing and so helpful considering we were in the middle of no where!! The staff was the only thing that made this "vacation" worth while because they were so nice and helpful!!

• 7th Mar 2014

The place was terrible. The room was cold, there was literally no space inside the bathroom to sit on the toilet and the WIFI barely reached my room. Breakfast was overly expensive for what they offered. The lights in the room were very light and the TV barely worked. Some of the staff were nice but an old man working during the night was trying to kick me out of the lobby (where WIFI "works") so he could put the tables for the next morning.