Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 133a, 10437, Berlin, Germany

Overall decent hostel. Staff didn't seem to know much about the area or Berlin in general, couldn't give many suggestions. Bathroom smelled despite the fact that it was cleaned daily. Replace the toilet seat?

This is an awesome spot to stay in when comi NH to Berlin. It's a very hipster vibe and the location is great to any transit which getshould you anywhere you need to go. If you're looking for laid back place this is definitely the place to go and the staff is super friendly!

Had everything we needed at this hostel on our girls minibreak. The staff were extremely friendly and always went the extra mile to help us, including their standing Free Pizza Wednesday's which was unexpected and extremely tasty. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 21st Jul 2015

Amazing staff, happy to help with anything! Loved the atmosphere of the place. Had a great few days at this hostel would come back definitely!

This hostel was nice! The kitchen was useful, but there are tons of good places to eat within walking distance, too! Even a beer garden! The hostel is filled with a lot of young people who are focused on partying every night, so if that will bother you, don't stay here. The staff was very friendly - the manager in charge on our first night even took the time to Tell us all about Berlin and why he moved there - it was like a 1 hour talk and super helpful! I wish i remembered his name.

• 16th Jul 2015

bit far out from centre but good staff and good bathroom

We enjoyed the wall decorations, kitchen was well equipped, staff were especially helpful. Wednesday free dinners is a great idea.

Cool hostel, nice staff. One odd thing was that the shower doors were see-through and the shower area was mixed gender... But you'll be fine just don't worry about it.

Overall really good. We struggled quite a bit to get around as it's not as central as we were expecting. The staff were all perfectly nice. We were there during a heat wave but they should have accommodated for this by putting fans in the room. We were also told 10pm is when the garden closes but this wasn't the case so could be very hard to get to sleep if you were planning on staying in. But if you're on a budget then we'd definitely recommend.

Enjoyed our stay with them. The staff are extremely helpful and nice. Shower situation is a little strange as a lady because there is no place to change in the shower. Other than that though we had a great time.

This hostel has a great location and good value and the facilities are fine. Some staff members were very rude and unhelpful. But nothing unmanageable.

Dear Guest, thank your for your comment and your nice words about our hostel and the location. I would be interested in the incident with our reception. If you could contact me about this, I would very much appreciate it (jan@alcatraz-backpacker.de)! Thank you! Best regards Jan -Manager-

We loved staying at this hostel, clean and great kitchen! The staff will go the extra mile to help you out.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful! Special thanks to the staff who helped when I managed to fall and break my knee in the courtyard. Thanks again.

My very first hostel stay & Alcatraz made it a great experience - thank you especially to the manager & Victoria at reception!

I had a great time here! The staff was very friendly, and I made a lot of friends at this hostel. I plan to go back and stay there the next time I am in Berlin. Don't look any further for your hostel--this is the one to stay at!

It was nice staying in this hostel, for the people and also cause there were cheap supermarkets and usefull stores.. eitherwise it was kind far from the turistic spots and from the bus/train station. that wasn't comfortable if you are travelling alone and wanna go out late at night.

This place looks like the name, a prison. You feel like u r inside a prison with the way the facilities is laid out. The bathroom was not very good, small and had water all over the floor from some drainage problems. This place is good for the price if only for one night, but otherwise, its not that comfortable.

Dear Guest, thanks for your review! Our small hostel is located in a classical Berlin building, and has therefore no huge reception area. We offer our guests several amenities on the ground level, such as common rooms, a guest-kitchen and cosy lobby area with internet access points and free wifi, which is accessible on the terrace as well. In order to keep the water from flooding in the shared bathrooms, we provide a floor cloth which can be used after showering. Best regards Jan -Manager

Fine choice, safe bet. A small hostel, which is a plus to me. Definitely a way to avoid big annoy groups

Good hostel! Great location! Nice relaxed atmosphere. Rooms are big and clean. Highly recommend

Good location, great staff, really helpful. Perfect place to stay for Champions League final