Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 133a, 10437, Berlin, Germany

A little out of the way but there's a grocery store right down the road which is convenient. Staff was great, laundry service was nice and got done very fast. Kitchen was pretty good, I didn't get to meet many people but it wasn't very busy when I was there. Overall a nice place.

Our stay in Alcatraz was good. The money you pay is worth the place. We could stay in a private dorm 3 people very comfortably. It was a quiet place and very secure. The staff was great and very helpful. Totally recommended

Amazing staff very friendly; Great Location. Common areas could be bigger and it would be nice if they could organize events for the visitors to participate. Over all great value for money.

Really nice place! Great manager and other team members!

• 27th Dec 2015

Pros: nice atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, city tourist map was given(also one can fin it for some other cities too), everywhere in the hostel was clean, we could have breakfast by paying an extra small amount, room was warm, value for money was also okay Cons: no wifi in the rooms ( wifi is only nearby the lobby and the kitchen), location was not okay(although there are metro stations nearby it takes so much time and effort to reach all of the tourist attractions and places)

The hostel is in a good location, very clean and the staff was great. I would stay there again and recommend to a friend. However, the wifi that only works in the common areas is a bit annoying and the toilet at my room didn't have hand towels and the windows were not covered, so was difficult to change clothes after shower.

• 19th Nov 2015

. Much noise and stuff didn't do anything about it . Bad atmosphere, nobody talks to nobody . Bedroom and bathroom we not very clean . Good location

The staff is really nice. Even though they don`t mix much with the guests, they usually have a smile on their faces (which is really rare in Berlin) and are helpful with informations. I read many complaints about the internet, but I had enough signal in my room (which was a private double room). The bathrooms were cleaned everyday. Could use some shelves in the shower, though. The fact they close the common area is annoying and there`s no atmosphere at all for people who are travelling alone.

This hostel is in a great location, is very reasonably priced and the staff were always friendly and helpful. I would point out however that simple attention to detail was missing e.g. no common area after 1am, no plugs close to the bed to charge phones and laptops (aggravated by the fact that you there is no common area at night), and no hand towels in the bathroom. They strangely charge extra for sheets, which I wish was made clearer before arriving. Overall, I would recommend it.

Really nice, safe, and awesome staff!! They were super helpful with everything. The location is good and Prenzlauer Berg neighborhood is good for food and bars. To get other places, there's a metro stop really closeby.

The hostel was really good. The staff was nice people. I love the fact that the hostel have this small things in the bedroom to help the people that forget something(like shampoo, towel and things like this). The bed was really good. But I didn't like the bathrooms, the shower was too small, and sice the bathroom is mix, I had to manage to take a shower without wet the clothes and change the clothes in that small space. The breakfast was simple but good, but they didn't have many options.

• 31st Oct 2015

We loved this hostel - it was really quiet for the area it's in, very clean, good size rooms, friendly staff and a nice area. We also had no problems with noise from other travellers, either. We managed to get wifi in our room which was sometimes a bit dodgy but nonetheless good to have. Thanks for the good stay!

The staff was really very helpful. We enjoyed our stay over there.

• 24th Oct 2015
  • India

The room was ok, not very clean tough. It seems they haven't cleaned below the bed for a long time. Staff doesn't know what the 17% deposit means I payed on hostelworld, they claimed it was a "booking fee" which is definitely not true. Bed linen costs extra 2€ per person. Noting you could dry your hands with at the bathroom. Every night was very noisy, the worst was vomiting people at the bathroom next to our room.

Loved my stay in Berlin with many thanks to the staff at Alcatraz who went out of their way to be helpful whenever needed. The Wednesday free dinner is such a great idea too that isn't around many hostels and is great for people on a tight budget. My only qualm would be that some of the decor was outdated but other than that I would totally recommend Alcatraz

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Facilities were clean and location was very central

Had a lovely 3 day stay. The staff were really helpful and polite! Thank you all.

• 15th Sep 2015

Cool hostel! Love the kitchen

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Finland

We've had a blast staying at the hostel, I have probably never met a cooler staff group anywhere! Keep up the good spirit and we will return soon!!!!

• 12th Sep 2015

Staff was great. Common area and kitchen to hang out and meet people. Cool outdoor lounge area. Free dinners sometimes. Unfortunately can't chill in lounge area past a certain time. Internet may not work in rooms.