Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 133a, 10437, Berlin, Germany

This was my first time at a Hostel and it was awesome. The staff was very helpful and nice. The rooms were clean and the hostel in general was laid back and a great experience. I will stay here again if i come back to Berlin.

• 30th Aug 2015

Just stayed one night...it's a nice and clean hostel. Staff is very kind and helpful. Recommended for a quiet stay in berlin.

It was a very pleasant stay. The hostel allows you to keep your luggage in their luggage room if you arrive earlier than their check-in time of 3PM. The location is very convenient so that you can quickly get the U-bahn across the street and travel to the center of the city. Overall, I definitely recommend it for casual travelers, especially students.

Staff a bit unwelcoming. Good walking distance to public transport links.

The common area of the hostel is nice with quite a lot of restaurants and bars around schonhausser alle. Also the station is right across the road and has u-bahn trains. The breakfast option for eur 3.5 is good. Now the cons. It's located right on the road and next to train tracks, meaning most rooms get a fair bit of noise. Found really difficult to get any sleep unless drunk. Also the beds in my room were very creaky.no wifi in the rooms. The co-ed bathrooms .. Err I won't stay here again

Was relatively close to Alexanderplatz and there are a lot of good places to eat close to the hostel. Great common area with cool murals.

Staff was very helpful and by the end of the trip I'd consider them my friends. Had a room where you could socialize inside and outside. Would recommend to anyone going to Berlin and already have

• 3rd Aug 2015

Good location between 2 train stations and a bus line. A great hostel if you're after a few quiet nights sleep. Not a great place if you're after a party atmosphere. The main outdoor area closes early due to the echoing sound and neighbor complaints. Wasnt a fan of the 2 euro extra charge for bed linen - thought that would at less be included with the price of the stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful

Overall decent hostel. Staff didn't seem to know much about the area or Berlin in general, couldn't give many suggestions. Bathroom smelled despite the fact that it was cleaned daily. Replace the toilet seat?

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in, staff (particularly the manager) were incredibly helpful with advise about the city and things to do. The rooms are beautiful, clean and spacious. Toilet, shower and kitchen facilities were good and clean. The only small problem was that the wifi didn't reach the dorm but it was very fast in reception.

• 25th Jul 2015

This is an awesome spot to stay in when comi NH to Berlin. It's a very hipster vibe and the location is great to any transit which getshould you anywhere you need to go. If you're looking for laid back place this is definitely the place to go and the staff is super friendly!

Had everything we needed at this hostel on our girls minibreak. The staff were extremely friendly and always went the extra mile to help us, including their standing Free Pizza Wednesday's which was unexpected and extremely tasty. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 21st Jul 2015

Amazing staff, happy to help with anything! Loved the atmosphere of the place. Had a great few days at this hostel would come back definitely!

This hostel was nice! The kitchen was useful, but there are tons of good places to eat within walking distance, too! Even a beer garden! The hostel is filled with a lot of young people who are focused on partying every night, so if that will bother you, don't stay here. The staff was very friendly - the manager in charge on our first night even took the time to Tell us all about Berlin and why he moved there - it was like a 1 hour talk and super helpful! I wish i remembered his name.

• 16th Jul 2015

bit far out from centre but good staff and good bathroom

We enjoyed the wall decorations, kitchen was well equipped, staff were especially helpful. Wednesday free dinners is a great idea.

Cool hostel, nice staff. One odd thing was that the shower doors were see-through and the shower area was mixed gender... But you'll be fine just don't worry about it.

Overall really good. We struggled quite a bit to get around as it's not as central as we were expecting. The staff were all perfectly nice. We were there during a heat wave but they should have accommodated for this by putting fans in the room. We were also told 10pm is when the garden closes but this wasn't the case so could be very hard to get to sleep if you were planning on staying in. But if you're on a budget then we'd definitely recommend.

Enjoyed our stay with them. The staff are extremely helpful and nice. Shower situation is a little strange as a lady because there is no place to change in the shower. Other than that though we had a great time.

This hostel was awesome! It was my first time staying in a hostel and I was a bit nervous, but I felt very comfortable once I got there. Lots of people coming through from a ton of different places, it was very easy to make friends :-)

• 27th Jun 2015