Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 133a, 10437, Berlin, Germany

Hostel was clean, and liked how they had a happy hour and free dinner on Wednesdays... although the free dinner and happy hour occupied the staff so that checking in at this time was not ideal (and you couldn't check in before 1pm). When we could finally check in, there were no towels left :( Wifi only works in main areas. The street the hostel is located on can be sketchy, although there is lots of public transit around that makes it easy to get anywhere. Breakfast was ok.WISH THERE WERE TOWELS

They sent us clear instructions on how to get to the hostel, which was great. When we arrived they suggested to us places around there that are nice hang out places and later we went into another party the city I've if their staff members showed us how to get and really helped us or! They were kind, there was Wii fii in the common lounge and computers we could use free of charge. Thank you for a great stay!

• 6th Sep 2015
  • Japan

Staff were amazing! Other guest were friendly and the atmosphere was very chilled out.

Wonderful staff at this hostel. Always willing to help you with info on the area. Well connected to the city centre via tram and U-Bahn. Very pleasant stay.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Absolutely fantastic stay in the Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel, best hostel of my trip, the staff are very person and friendly and all three members I met were superbly friendly and helpful in every possible way for a solo traveller such as myself, good for conversation, recommendations and an honest approach to aspects of Berlin, this hostel was a massive factor in my wonderful time in Berlin and by the time I left the Staff were like friends, it's fairly intimate, and has a wonderful atmosphere!

• 1st Sep 2015

Despite my ratings, we did enjoy our stay at Alcatraz hostel. + The rooms are really spacious, the staff were friendly, it's not in a central location, but it was easy to get to the centre by metro & it felt like real Berlin rather than touristy Berlin - The ensuite bathrooms are odd (we were in a mixed dorm and the bathroom was communal but the shower door was almost see-through). I wouldn't recommend this hostel if you're travelling - not much atmosphere. The lockers are small though

This was my first time at a Hostel and it was awesome. The staff was very helpful and nice. The rooms were clean and the hostel in general was laid back and a great experience. I will stay here again if i come back to Berlin.

• 30th Aug 2015

For the price, I was surprised at how good it is to stay here. The staff was wonderful and they have a luggage room to leave your bags until you can check in (which came in pretty handy when I arrived 5 hours before the check in time), wi-fi, a comfortable lobby, a shared kitchen, a smoking are outdoors, and that's not all, you get a locker and you can use the two computers downstairs for free. The rooms were pretty and user friendly. They give you clean sheets and pillow cover and a duvet.

• 26th Aug 2015
  • Panama

Nice place with good staff who are happy to help

• 26th Aug 2015

Just stayed one night...it's a nice and clean hostel. Staff is very kind and helpful. Recommended for a quiet stay in berlin.

It was a very pleasant stay. The hostel allows you to keep your luggage in their luggage room if you arrive earlier than their check-in time of 3PM. The location is very convenient so that you can quickly get the U-bahn across the street and travel to the center of the city. Overall, I definitely recommend it for casual travelers, especially students.

Staff a bit unwelcoming. Good walking distance to public transport links.

The common area of the hostel is nice with quite a lot of restaurants and bars around schonhausser alle. Also the station is right across the road and has u-bahn trains. The breakfast option for eur 3.5 is good. Now the cons. It's located right on the road and next to train tracks, meaning most rooms get a fair bit of noise. Found really difficult to get any sleep unless drunk. Also the beds in my room were very creaky.no wifi in the rooms. The co-ed bathrooms .. Err I won't stay here again

Was relatively close to Alexanderplatz and there are a lot of good places to eat close to the hostel. Great common area with cool murals.

1 2 Next » last »