Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 133a, 10437, Berlin, Germany

Clean and friendly hostel, bed comfy, showers hot and there was plenty of options for things to do. Situated a stones throw from a train station for quick access to anywhere in the city with plenty of good places to eat locally. My room was quiet too which allowed me to rest peacefully. All the staff were enthusiastic and knowledgeable, so a big thank you to them! I loved my stay in Berlin, my liver wasn't so keen!!!

I met some really nice people and the staff is awesome, they cooked some self made pizza and were really helpful! Felt like home away from home, i definitely recommend !

The location is perfect, and the staff is great. I just felt like sometimes the bathroom wasn't very clean. The floor was irregular, so there was always a slop. There was also no place in the shower to put your things, like shampoos, etc. The heaters were very dusty, and that set off my allergy. Also, the heater in my bedroom didn't work sometimes.

I have only been there one night. Everything was fine, but the squeaky beds will wake the whole room, if anybody moves. Hostel is located between Tegel airport and inner city, which was great for me.

Only negative is that we didnt have internet in ouer room.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Norway

Considered how much we paid it was the perfect accommodation. Excellent position (Metro 200m away), very good hostel (maybe the common area could have been a bit bigger). Definitely the perfect choice if you are a budget traveller! Cheers

• 1st Feb 2015

Nice place, cool staff and close to the metro station. I will definitely be back.

Probably the best hostel I've ever been to! It was so clean. The staff were extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend it.

Great Hostel. Great Staff. wish there was a bar. I'd stay there again! Thanks for the advice on where to go for what! It made my visit in Berlin one to remember!

The staff is really reallyreally rude

Alcatraz Hostel has a reasonable price-quality relation. However, it has several annoying deffects: 1) They charge you for the sheets without saying it when you make your reservation and without asking !!!! 2) The mixed bathroom is a problem since there are only 2 showers and they are right next to each other. 3) The wi-fi is not very efficient and it does not reach the rooms (only the common room, and it closes at night) 4) The staff is correct but they are not very interested in helping you.

Perfect hostel to discover Berlin Prenzlauer Berg :) I highly recommand it.

1 2 Next » last »