Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 133a, 10437, Berlin, Germany

Absolutely wonderful facilities and room. Great staff, very helpful and understanding. I would definitely recommend it for any kind of traveller, whether as couples, groups or singles. There was a very spongy floor in the bathroom by the shower where the cumulative effect of people not putting a towel down had evidently taken its toll. Would love a gluten free breakfast option for next time.

Very friendly hostel with pleasant amenities. The draughty windows and slightly tatty bathroom facilities cannot hide their origins in Communist East Germany. Overall cleanliness good, though. I'd come back!

Really friendly and upbeat hostel in a great area. Situated right next to cafes, bars and the U-Bahn (metro), it couldn't have been easier to get around. Only downsides were the beds were pretty uncomfortable and the shower head was broken so it didn't stay up, you had to hold it. I'd definitely recommend the hostel, it made the entire trip so much easier because it was so close to the U-Bahn and provided breakfast. Cheap and cheerful!

My first hostel out of all of them i've stayed at so far and i must say this place was definitely amazing. The staff has been some of the friendliest and welcoming that i've met. The hostel is also in a great location in one of my favorite districts in Berlin. Definitely recommend this hostel!

With a few improvements* the place could be super hot. As it is, it wasn't great. * Improvements such as: - an overhaul of the bathrooms (only one of the two showers had a slot for the shower head on the wall, there also seemed to be some water leaking out even when the door was closed) - better wifi provision (signal barely reached my bed, didn't reach further parts of my dorm) - some adjustment to the common areas to create a better atmosphere (it's not actively bad, just quite dead),

Awesome place to stay! I booked a room on very short notice on a research trip to Berlin, and the hostel was probably the best one I've ever stayed in. The staff were very easy going, relaxed and extremely helpful. I arrived early and was able to store my things in the luggage room and the room was ready for me an hour later. The breakfast was around 4 euros, and for a little extra, I was able to check out later. I definitely recommend staying here, and I will definitely be going back.

The location is perfect, specially if you want to go to Mauerpark on Sunday. There are many places to eat in the surroundings. The breakfast is very poor, but cheap.

The hostel had crammed rooms and inadequate shower/bathroom facilities for the number of people. The staff was incredibly friendly, however, which made up for it in some part.

nice locaton and hostel

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Clean and friendly hostel, bed comfy, showers hot and there was plenty of options for things to do. Situated a stones throw from a train station for quick access to anywhere in the city with plenty of good places to eat locally. My room was quiet too which allowed me to rest peacefully. All the staff were enthusiastic and knowledgeable, so a big thank you to them! I loved my stay in Berlin, my liver wasn't so keen!!!

I met some really nice people and the staff is awesome, they cooked some self made pizza and were really helpful! Felt like home away from home, i definitely recommend !

The location is perfect, and the staff is great. I just felt like sometimes the bathroom wasn't very clean. The floor was irregular, so there was always a slop. There was also no place in the shower to put your things, like shampoos, etc. The heaters were very dusty, and that set off my allergy. Also, the heater in my bedroom didn't work sometimes.

I have only been there one night. Everything was fine, but the squeaky beds will wake the whole room, if anybody moves. Hostel is located between Tegel airport and inner city, which was great for me.

Only negative is that we didnt have internet in ouer room.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Norway

Considered how much we paid it was the perfect accommodation. Excellent position (Metro 200m away), very good hostel (maybe the common area could have been a bit bigger). Definitely the perfect choice if you are a budget traveller! Cheers

• 1st Feb 2015