Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 133a, 10437, Berlin, Germany

Hostel was fine. Pretty basic. Breakfast overpriced for sure, much better going elsewhere for that but everything else was fine.

Our stay was excellent. The staff were most courteous and helpful. Both the living areas and common areas were impeccably clean. The only issue that we had was that we felt that there could be a better selection of food for those who paid for the breakfast. Addition of an extra cereal would go a long way to helping this.

The hostel is nice and the location is also good with a nice neighborhood with bars and restaurants.

it was amazing the atmosphere, the people the staff the location just everything! thank you a lot for the experiance! little something that bother me is that in my room the shower, sink and toilet are in the same area so its not comfortable when there is the opposite sex in the room during that someone is taking a shower... and the glass is very clear it hide nothing, suddenly i could see myself at the mirror and it was not comfortable to know

Nice place in a cool area. very helpful staff. a very good option.

I stayed at Alcatraz for 3 nights out of the 6 I spent in Berlin. The hostel is really conveniently located near public transport and there are some pretty nice bars and places to eat in the area. It's not all that close to the city centre, it took us about 40 minutes the only time we did it. The staff were all really pleasant and helpful when we needed things. Facilities were all pretty standard, and not terribly clean, but just about as good as many other hostels.

Loved the size of the rooms as we were never woken up by people as there was a whole other room and bathroom was the other side of that! Really helpful staff and love the kitchen/dining room as we could use the fridge and cook. Only three stops from Alexanderplatz, a main station with connections everywhere and you do need a transport pass anyway to see everything so isn't a problem! One thing is my bed was REALLY squeaky which when in a room of 6 people is pretty annoying.

It was ok, not really worth the money. I recommend something with higher rare for the same price!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Floor is mopped with a smelly old mop so it smells all over the place and also noticed that if the sheets look clean they do not get changed. Everything else was good.

Hello Catrin, thank you for your feedback. We will definitely change our mop. :) Let me just explain for the sheets. There is a protective cover on every bed that is is not changed every day. However every quest gets his/her own new sheet (to put over the protective cover), when checking-in. Best wishes, the Alcatraz-Team

Great little hostel close to shops, bars, cafes etc. Heaps close to all the action but also nice and quiet. Loved the look with some great artwork on the walls. Staff were excellent; very friendly

Excellent place, great staff, large room, with a well stocked kitchen. Don't hesitate to stay here. It's a bit far from the center, but it is 2 trams away, you will be fine.

Auberge très calme , très agréable environnement très Berlinois- Auberge à recommander - hors centre mais accés facile par TRAM - Quiet place, good localisation by Tram transport - Berlin atmosphere to be recommanded

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Good price/quality ratio and very nice and helpful staff.

• 7th Aug 2014

I had a really nice stay here! The hostel was lovely and the rooms a good size. The dining area and outside patio were excellent spaces. The showers flooded and bathroom and the breakfast was a bit expensive for what it was. Other than that I had a really good time and would recommend to others definitely.

1 2 Next » last »