Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 133a, 10437, Berlin, Germany

We loved staying at this hostel, clean and great kitchen! The staff will go the extra mile to help you out.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful! Special thanks to the staff who helped when I managed to fall and break my knee in the courtyard. Thanks again.

My very first hostel stay & Alcatraz made it a great experience - thank you especially to the manager & Victoria at reception!

• 17th Jun 2015

It was nice staying in this hostel, for the people and also cause there were cheap supermarkets and usefull stores.. eitherwise it was kind far from the turistic spots and from the bus/train station. that wasn't comfortable if you are travelling alone and wanna go out late at night.

This place looks like the name, a prison. You feel like u r inside a prison with the way the facilities is laid out. The bathroom was not very good, small and had water all over the floor from some drainage problems. This place is good for the price if only for one night, but otherwise, its not that comfortable.

Fine choice, safe bet. A small hostel, which is a plus to me. Definitely a way to avoid big annoy groups

Good hostel! Great location! Nice relaxed atmosphere. Rooms are big and clean. Highly recommend

Good location, great staff, really helpful. Perfect place to stay for Champions League final

Perfect place to stay! It really made our trip enjoyable. I'll definitely be recommending it to friends.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Absolutely wonderful facilities and room. Great staff, very helpful and understanding. I would definitely recommend it for any kind of traveller, whether as couples, groups or singles. There was a very spongy floor in the bathroom by the shower where the cumulative effect of people not putting a towel down had evidently taken its toll. Would love a gluten free breakfast option for next time.

Very friendly hostel with pleasant amenities. The draughty windows and slightly tatty bathroom facilities cannot hide their origins in Communist East Germany. Overall cleanliness good, though. I'd come back!

Really friendly and upbeat hostel in a great area. Situated right next to cafes, bars and the U-Bahn (metro), it couldn't have been easier to get around. Only downsides were the beds were pretty uncomfortable and the shower head was broken so it didn't stay up, you had to hold it. I'd definitely recommend the hostel, it made the entire trip so much easier because it was so close to the U-Bahn and provided breakfast. Cheap and cheerful!

With a few improvements* the place could be super hot. As it is, it wasn't great. * Improvements such as: - an overhaul of the bathrooms (only one of the two showers had a slot for the shower head on the wall, there also seemed to be some water leaking out even when the door was closed) - better wifi provision (signal barely reached my bed, didn't reach further parts of my dorm) - some adjustment to the common areas to create a better atmosphere (it's not actively bad, just quite dead),

Awesome place to stay! I booked a room on very short notice on a research trip to Berlin, and the hostel was probably the best one I've ever stayed in. The staff were very easy going, relaxed and extremely helpful. I arrived early and was able to store my things in the luggage room and the room was ready for me an hour later. The breakfast was around 4 euros, and for a little extra, I was able to check out later. I definitely recommend staying here, and I will definitely be going back.

The location is perfect, specially if you want to go to Mauerpark on Sunday. There are many places to eat in the surroundings. The breakfast is very poor, but cheap.

The hostel had crammed rooms and inadequate shower/bathroom facilities for the number of people. The staff was incredibly friendly, however, which made up for it in some part.

nice locaton and hostel

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Clean and friendly hostel, bed comfy, showers hot and there was plenty of options for things to do. Situated a stones throw from a train station for quick access to anywhere in the city with plenty of good places to eat locally. My room was quiet too which allowed me to rest peacefully. All the staff were enthusiastic and knowledgeable, so a big thank you to them! I loved my stay in Berlin, my liver wasn't so keen!!!

I met some really nice people and the staff is awesome, they cooked some self made pizza and were really helpful! Felt like home away from home, i definitely recommend !

The location is perfect, and the staff is great. I just felt like sometimes the bathroom wasn't very clean. The floor was irregular, so there was always a slop. There was also no place in the shower to put your things, like shampoos, etc. The heaters were very dusty, and that set off my allergy. Also, the heater in my bedroom didn't work sometimes.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7