Alcatraz Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 133a, 10437, Berlin, Germany

The location is perfect, and the staff is great. I just felt like sometimes the bathroom wasn't very clean. The floor was irregular, so there was always a slop. There was also no place in the shower to put your things, like shampoos, etc. The heaters were very dusty, and that set off my allergy. Also, the heater in my bedroom didn't work sometimes.

I have only been there one night. Everything was fine, but the squeaky beds will wake the whole room, if anybody moves. Hostel is located between Tegel airport and inner city, which was great for me.

Only negative is that we didnt have internet in ouer room.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Norway

Considered how much we paid it was the perfect accommodation. Excellent position (Metro 200m away), very good hostel (maybe the common area could have been a bit bigger). Definitely the perfect choice if you are a budget traveller! Cheers

• 1st Feb 2015

Nice place, cool staff and close to the metro station. I will definitely be back.

Probably the best hostel I've ever been to! It was so clean. The staff were extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend it.

Great Hostel. Great Staff. wish there was a bar. I'd stay there again! Thanks for the advice on where to go for what! It made my visit in Berlin one to remember!

The staff is really reallyreally rude

Alcatraz Hostel has a reasonable price-quality relation. However, it has several annoying deffects: 1) They charge you for the sheets without saying it when you make your reservation and without asking !!!! 2) The mixed bathroom is a problem since there are only 2 showers and they are right next to each other. 3) The wi-fi is not very efficient and it does not reach the rooms (only the common room, and it closes at night) 4) The staff is correct but they are not very interested in helping you.

Perfect hostel to discover Berlin Prenzlauer Berg :) I highly recommand it.

Alcatraz is located in a very vibrant avenue full of interesting stores, and it is a 20 minute walk from metro (U-Bahn) and suburban train (S-Bahn) stations. The staff was very friendly, rooms are cozy, but with small lockers, and there is a code to enter the hostel, so it is very safe. Breakfast did not worth the money, but the kitchen is good to use and they really are the best in terms of maps, flyers, discount mini-cards and other info related to visiting the city. Also, it was cheap!

Showers are in the main bathroom area with glass doors, which made me avoid a shower. Not recommended for solo travellers - very little atmosphere.

Great hostel in a great location, right next to the U-bahn. Friendly staff.

There were big chunks of dust in our room under the beds. By the way, this is the only remark, otherwise a very good value for money hostel, which i advise to everyone.

Nice and helpful staff! love them !! Clean and tidy room. the shower is weird with transparent glass door, but it's fine as long as you lock the main shower room door.

It was my 2nd stay at Alcatraz. Evth perfect, I definitely recommend it!

We booked a non-smoking room, but I believe that smell of smoke was lingering there. Friendly and helpfull staff.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Norway

Very clean, great place had an amazing time!

• 10th Nov 2014

Can't say enough positive things about this hostel. Perfect location, big rooms and friendly staff! An enjoyable stay all around!

• 4th Nov 2014

A good hostel with a nice kitchen at a great price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7