Aldea Hostel San Jose Reviews

Calle 28 y Av.Segunda, frente a Sala Garbo, Casa E, San Jose, Costa Rica

The staff is very friendly and happy to help! For someone who knows little Spanish this was very helpful and much appreciated!

• 18th May 2015

I was given good advice for a Lebanese restaurant down the road which was a great meal. The Aldea had great Turkish pizzas, unfortunately I was there on a Sunday the night when they were closed.The staff were friendly and helpful. One thing I asked the cleaner not to continue using the strong chemical smelling cleaners in my bathroom, as I had arrived before the room was readyIt would be so much nicer if they used natural Eucalyptus smelling soap. The staff helpfully found me a different room.

• 1st Mar 2015

Hi! Thanks for your comments! Your feedback is really useful to improve our guests experience here at Aldea Hostel. I'm glad you found the staff helpful and friendly, offering good advice; we try very hard to offer the best service possible. I'm sorry you had a problem with the smell of our cleaning products, but I'm happy our staff could provide you with a solution! We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!

Super lovely staff & atmosphere!

We've stayed in the dorms at Aldea twice. On both occasions they couldn't find our booking in the system & tried to make us pay the deposit again. 2nd time they said the rate had gone up $2 per bed per night & so tried to charge us more. Eventually we convinced them to honor the rate we booked on online. If you stay here bring proof of your booking. Note that there was no soap in the bathrooms which is annoying.

We are very sorry that you had unpleasant experience at our hostel. We are grateful for your feedback because it helps us to improve our service. The deposit is not for the booking itself. We recently have had guests leave with our bedding material causing a shortage of sheets and blankets. To avoid this, we put this deposit system in place to cover any bedding l that goes missing. The deposit is immediately refunded once the bedding material is returned to us at checkout.