Aldea Hostel San Jose Reviews

Calle 28 y Av.Segunda, frente a Sala Garbo, Casa E, San Jose, Costa Rica

I was given good advice for a Lebanese restaurant down the road which was a great meal. The Aldea had great Turkish pizzas, unfortunately I was there on a Sunday the night when they were closed.The staff were friendly and helpful. One thing I asked the cleaner not to continue using the strong chemical smelling cleaners in my bathroom, as I had arrived before the room was readyIt would be so much nicer if they used natural Eucalyptus smelling soap. The staff helpfully found me a different room.

• 1st Mar 2015

Hi! Thanks for your comments! Your feedback is really useful to improve our guests experience here at Aldea Hostel. I'm glad you found the staff helpful and friendly, offering good advice; we try very hard to offer the best service possible. I'm sorry you had a problem with the smell of our cleaning products, but I'm happy our staff could provide you with a solution! We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!

Super lovely staff & atmosphere!

We've stayed in the dorms at Aldea twice. On both occasions they couldn't find our booking in the system & tried to make us pay the deposit again. 2nd time they said the rate had gone up $2 per bed per night & so tried to charge us more. Eventually we convinced them to honor the rate we booked on online. If you stay here bring proof of your booking. Note that there was no soap in the bathrooms which is annoying.

We are very sorry that you had unpleasant experience at our hostel. We are grateful for your feedback because it helps us to improve our service. The deposit is not for the booking itself. We recently have had guests leave with our bedding material causing a shortage of sheets and blankets. To avoid this, we put this deposit system in place to cover any bedding l that goes missing. The deposit is immediately refunded once the bedding material is returned to us at checkout.

Nice staff but the acoustic is horrible. I could hear everything that happened around, and I stayed in the private room. People came in the middle of the night and sat down to talk, so I couldn't sleep at all. Every time someone entered the bathroom in his room, you could hear what he was doing there. The room was very dark, most of the electricity plugs didn't work, hot water is available in the middle of the night orwhen no one takes showers,and even in these hours the water is not really hot.

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback! We're sorry that your stay with us was less than exceptional and your feedback has helped us to plan our next phase of improvements. We apologize for the noise, lack of working electtrical plugs and hot water. We are a 100 year old mansion and still have more upgrades to complete and we assure you that the thiings you have mentioned will be completed very soon.

I really liked staying at this hostel. The staff was helpful and the rooms and bathrooms were really clean. The kitchen was big and you had everything you needed. The hostel was really Close to the Tica bus Station, thats the main reason why I booked it. Also the city center and the main attractions where in walking distance. would definitly stay there again.

Hello, Thank you for the feedback! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comfort and satisfaction is why we are here! On your next visit, take advantage of our 5% discount at the next door restaurant “The Corner”! Hope to see you again! Aldea Team

Great stay. The staff and other guests were wonderful. Nothing too fancy but exactly what I needed.

Hola, We appreciate your feedback! It makes us really happy to know that you had a pleasant time at our hostel. We hope to host you again soon!