Aldea Hostel San Jose Reviews

Calle 28 y Av.Segunda, frente a Sala Garbo, Casa E, San Jose, Costa Rica

At first they tried to charge us $15 per night per person even though we already paid deposit on hostel world. The owner tried to say that he doesn't accept that as part of payment even though this is obviously his agreement and contract WITH hostel world. It ended up being taken care of. Other than that it was clean. Just a place to stay one night in San Jose.

The ceiling fans did not work. I don't think they worked in any room. I was unable to open the antique windows by myself. They usually would not open it when I asked. I was recovering from plastic surgery, so the sweltering daytime heat was unfortunate. And this is only January!!

The guy who checked us in was extremely unhelpful. He directed us to a locked dorm room without a key and then was annoyed when we asked for help

Location great for bus to Nicaragua which was what I wanted, though maybe a bit far from centre of town for other people. Felt welcoming, friendly, nice old house (unusual in San Jose). For the price, could probably offer breakfast as per most other hostels, but kitchen was well enough equipped for own breakfast. Comfy beds, hot (en suite) shower.

The hostel is very old and it doesn't look clean at all. We thought they had breakfast, but they don't. But the location is good and the staff is really nice.

• 4th Dec 2015

Great staff! Good service!

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

clean, friendly and helpful staff, nice bathroom. A welcoming environment.

• 31st Aug 2015

We had a nice stay. The girl at the front was super helpful and the rooms were excellent. The only downside is the location. We came to experience the local food and the culture, but we're only treated to Pizza Hut and subway. But for a nights stay in San Jose, it doesn't get any better than this.

• 15th Aug 2015