Aldea San Jose

Fabulous 217 Total Reviews

• jacobmaxschaefer8518
  • Germany, Couple, 18-24
12th Jun 2017

Enjoyed our stay there for one night. Good to explore the city from this point (walkable) and station bus to airport nearby. Very well equipped kitchen with nice sitting area outside. They do have also Netflix for more relaxed evenings. We couldn't taste the pizza of the restaurant in the same building (there is a discount), but heard that it is very good. Would definitely stay again.

7th Jun 2017

The best hostel I stayed at in San Jose ! Perfect location with most bus station close by, very friendly and helpful staff. And the building itself has a great spirit as well. Will recommend it for sure.

15th May 2017

I only stayed for a night due to a late flight and Aldea's close proximity to the airport. Good place to rest your head for a night. Didn't get to socialize much due to my late arrival. Definitely need to give Carlos a shoutout for being an awesome receptionist! As he was checking me in, he gave recommendations for places to visit and things to see. He took the time to suggest where I should go, how many days I should stay at each place, and the morning bus schedule. Thank you again!

• Norway, Female, 18-24
14th May 2017

Very good hostel for the price! Spent one night here, since it was close to the centre and public bus to the airport. Decent beds, fairly good sized lockers in the dorms, nice kitchen facilities. Very helpful staff!

• England, Couple, 18-24
12th May 2017

Great hostel in San José. Good location, near TicaBus, supermarket and ATM

• meghass93
  • England, Female, 18-24
9th May 2017

The staff here are really attentive, friendly and helpful. With perfect English and a really welcoming attitude. Thank you x

8th May 2017

We stayed here for our last 2 nights of our trip and liked it very much. The building itself is beautiful with a lot of character. Very clean, staff were friendly and atmosphere was relaxed. There are coffee and muffins for free in the mornings and if you just walk down streets here, you will find delicious (and cheap!) food places. We would definitely come back here to stay if we come back to San Jose!

• England, Female, 25-30
6th May 2017
7.7

Stayed here for one night to get to Santa Teresa after I flew in. It seems like a cool place but I wouldn't stay again. The staff spoke broken English but we're very friendly and (tried to be) helpful. My main bad point was that it said hot water 5-9pm, I took a shower at 6pm and it was freezing cold!! And it was raining and cold in San Jose, not a place you want a cold shower! Also the bed was not very comfortable and it didn't seem social.

5th May 2017
7.4

Not much to say as I was only there one rainy night. Staff was nice, room was big, beer was there. It did feel like I was inconveniencing the staff when asking for one though, he had to get a key and leave the desk. San José didn't seem like a place I wanted to be for too long nice hostel or not.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
24th Apr 2017

A good place to stay for a night. Pros were a well-decorated, roomy property with free muffins and coffee. Also very close to major bus stations and the art museum. Cons were somewhat uncomfortable mattresses and a noisy street, but I think the latter is unavoidable no matter where you stay.