Aldea San Jose

Fabulous 185 Total Reviews

• Finland, Couple, 18-24
23rd Mar 2017
7.7

Great location for Tica Bus, otherwise the area itself isn't amazing but staff super friendly and helpful!

23rd Mar 2017
6.9

Toilet in the dorm was broken and never flushed which was just a bit gross. Wifi was a bit patchy at times between various networks. Otherwise, a perfectly fine hostel for the night between buses.

• USA, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017

I was looking for a quiet place to rest after my travels. I reserved a private room it was very comfortable and quiet for the most part aside from all the street traffic, the bathroom was a bit janky and smelly but ok. The staff could have been a bit friendlier they gave me attitude any time I asked a question. Nice that the hostel has a restaurant attached. Overall a nice relaxing place to stay.

Dear Guest, We are glad to hear you found your room comfortable and relaxing. We apologize for the noise level caused by the traffic, but it is unfortunately a part of having our hostel located in the city center. We were surprised to hear that our staff were unfriendly or even rude. We are not sure who was working during your stay but we will look into it and ensure that ALL of our staff understand that this behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback as this is how we improve moving forward. Next time you are back in San Jose feel free to stop in to check our progress! -Aldea Hostel

• England, Male, 31-40
1st Mar 2017
7.7

The hostel's ok. It's comfortable for a stay in San Jose. If i enjoyed San Jose itself I may have a little more to say about my stay in the hostel. I was ill for my stay at the hostel so, I wasn't active. But there kitchen for those who wish to cook food. The bus station is relatively close, and there's a supermarket nearby. Lovely muffin(s) for breakfast too.

1st Mar 2017

This is the hostel I should have stayed at in the beginning of my trip. This place had planned activities and an engaging staff. A lot of common areas to meet other travelers. It is about a half kilometer (one of the closest hostels) to the airport bus which is why I stayed here my last night. It is the only hostel out of four that I stayed in Costa Rica that actually had hot enough water in the shower. I would definitly stay here again.

Thank you for the feedback Peggy. We enjoyed having you here at Aldea and hope to see you again in the future! Customer service is a priority here and our staff takes pride in giving our guests, warm and helpful service. Our location here in Paseo Colon is special because guests can get all the advantages of being in a thriving downtown area while still having a restful and peaceful place to come back to (with a very green and beautiful courtyard) at the end of a day of traveling and exploration. It is very important to us here at Aldea to be environmentally friendly, and as such we have a running schedule in the morning and evening for hot water. We hope it to be convenient but efficient for guests. We´ve expanded the schedule recently, and we're always ready to accommodate the needs of guests as they come up.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
26th Feb 2017

Only there for one night, but was great!

Dear Guest, Thanks for choosing Aldea Hostel! Glad to hear your visit with us was relaxing and enjoyable for you. We invite you back whenever you find yourself back in San Jose!

26th Feb 2017
8.0

Location is ok for a stopover (and a run in the park) in San Jose, though not the best to explore the city. Spacious room with big enough locker to fit my backpack, but with flimsy doors. Breakfast is super basic (banana & coffee), though a good start. Nice staff, though i had to do some research myself on where the buses leave because of different answers. All in all ok and i slept well there. Good place for a night.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Glad you were able to enjoy your accomodations and breakfast! We apologize for any confusion caused in regards to the buses, and will speak with our staff so that this will not happen again in the future. Welcome back anytime you are in San Jose! -Aldea Hostel

• Canada, Female, 25-30
22nd Feb 2017

Only stayed one night. Booked a private room with my boyfriend. Nice, clean, quiet room with a tv and at which was a nice treat after an exhausting day of traveling. Would stay again if passing through San Jose.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your comments! Great to hear you had a pleasant stay with us and found your space clean and comfortable. Welcome back to Aldea anytime you´re back in San Jose!

12th Feb 2017

Great place, great location, good people, good vibe. I liked this place a lot and I stayed in about 10 different hostels over 2 trips of 2-3 months each. Good place.

Thanks a lot for leaving us a review! We`re happy to hear that everything was enjoyable for you during your stay and that you left our house with a positive experience. Glad you were able to take advantage of our location and enjoyed your time with our broad range of guests and staff. We hope you are able to join us again next time you are in Costa Rica! -Aldea Staff

12th Feb 2017

The stay was quite pleasant and the staff were great. I only stayed for one night however I had to catch a bus late the following night and they let me stay until 10pm which was a massive help.

Thank you for your comments! We´re pleased to hear our staff were accomodating and friendly and you found your room comfortable. We are also happy to know that we could make a part of your travels slightly less stressful. Welcome back anytime!! -Aldea Hostel