Ale-Hop Albufeira Hostel Reviews

Rua 5 de Outubro, 23, Albufeira, Albufeira, Portugal

Hostel is very nice and clean for the most part, however the bathroom in my room smelled absolutely revolting. I used a different bathroom because the smell was intolerable. Has good A/C and is in a great location

We had to change rooms during our stay in Albufeira. That was quite annoying. We had to change all our plans, because we had to check-out and check-in again. Because of that, we asked for a discount, but they were not flexibel or forthcoming.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Location is central, good for me but noisy for others. There is no really a reception, you have to check in at the shop ale hop And staff are mostly the sellers of the shop. Staff is almost absent, poor customer policy and the girl that checked me in was rude, don t ask information they won't answer any questions. I found the place no friendly at all. Room for 6 are too much small. I payed 29 euro per night for a bed in a mixed dormitory and it was quite expensive for what I found.

There is no reception at all, you do the check-in and the check-out inside their shop, consequently with a normal shop opening hours...our bedroom (6 persons) was far too small, there was no space around the beds..really not enough for 35€ per night.. They should at least: put someone all day long for receptionist; change to 4 bed-rooms the 6 bed-rooms..

What turned me off about this hostel and why I wouldn't recommend it was the overall atmosphere and staff. They were really unhelpful and unfriendly, didn't really care much about helping the guests of the hostel. When i asked to use their phone they refused. The "reception" is also the Ale Hop stores cashiers desk which was really inconvenient when checking in and out. There wasn't much atmosphere in the hostel and I wouldn't recommend it if you're trying to meet people.

• 12th Aug 2015

The fact that everything is made inside the store is terrible. We arrived in a group of 4, all tired from the trip, full of bags and had to compete with customers shopping inside the store and paying for products at the cashier next to us. We had problems at the check out because the person that made our check in didn't tell us that if we had to leave before 10 am (that's when the store is open and that's a very late hour for travellers) we had to warm the staff a day before, so we had to wait.

I found check in to be rather frustrating as you have to wait in the shop downstairs which is sometimes really busy! The staff gave me no tips on the best places to go and had no real warmth to them! I felt like i had to ask other people about the town as staff didn't offer any suggestions at all. They are what make the difference between an okay hostel and great hostel for me! Location excellent as its right next to beach and centre. Rooms very small so not much room to move

This place has real potential but I felt it lacked atmosphere. As a solo traveller it lacked activities and the family style meals available in most Portuguese hostels!

Placed above a shop, which is also the reception. Meaning no 24hrs reception, and a very expensive key deposit (20 euros per pers), when you can't check out early or late... Staff could not speaking English.

great location, couldn't of asked for a better place. Great rooms as well

The staff upon check in we're very helpful and accommodating even if it is slightly odd that you check in at the shop below. They do double duty as clerks and hostel workers so if the shop is busy it could be a bit. The room itself was clean and cozy, good beds and fresh linen. Air conditioner stopped working on day two and there was no one to look at it so that was a slight down turn in plus 40 degree weather. Also the washing machine was malfunctioning so my clothes stayed full of soap

The cleanest and best maintained hostel I've stayed at! awesome staff too. Not much going on, i.e. Activities put on by the hostel but still had a great time.

The Ale Hop was very clean and tidy. Kitchen has everything you need. There is no real reception area. You check in and out through the shop down stairs. The only common area is the kitchen so if your looking for a social time this probably isn't the place for that. Wifi was a bit unreliable. Great location, 2 minutes to the beach and the square with the bars and restaurants.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

This hostel was a stones throw from the beach,right in the middle off the Old Town,a real gem off a find !! very clean and well maintained however the hostel has no main reception,check in is via the shop below and the girls although are very helpful it was just a little inconvienient. The hostel is a well presented littlegem off a find and would recommend it highly !!

Amazing hostel! the only problem I think is there is no staff 24/7. The 'staff' works at the shop in front of the hostel... that was the only thing missed. the hostel is really clean n' well located!