Alegria's Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 # 02-13, Bogota, Colombia

Really enjoyed my stay at Alegria's. Staff is awesome, hostel is beautiful, and met some really amazing people there. Only downfalls might be that it's high up on the hill and there are only 2 showers and one of the days there wasn't any hot water at all. It was fixed the following day though which is awesome. Wifi seems to be shotty everywhere in colombia so far but as long as you don't need to use it when everyone is around for siesta, it's not unbearable by any means. Definitely recommend :)

This is more that a hostel , you gonna feel like if is your home. The kindness of Vivi , Mr. Ruben and Dana will make u feel so comfortable .

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Venezuela

I have only been here for one night, but i liked it. The staff is really nice and the lady helped me with everything, she was really cool. Location is good, just a few minutes walk from the main square. Dorm was fine, although one girl got bug bites. Breakfast is simple; bread, jam and jus.

No comments. Alegria's have all you need.

The staff was so friendly. They really made my tay a 10 out of 10. I was sick my first days and another traveller came in who was even worse. They brought in somw very nice ladies to make us a Colombian remedy tea to help us feel better. The next day I was almost 100%, and the day after I was back to normal. That bit of hospitality made me feel so welcome and looked after. It was so nice of them to do that. They are great people at this hostel :)

• 28th May 2015

Stayed in a double room, was good value for money and they have a good kitchen to use. It's in a good location in LA Candaleria and the staff are very welcoming.

Nice dorm beds but a considerable lack of bathrooms. 2 bathrooms for all dorms and private rooms. Ran out of hot water while there.

For the most part the the hostel was great. Very friendly staff and the grounds are quite charming. However, our bed we terrible and both sides caved toward the middle. We also told reception that we would like to stay another night the day before, then when I woke up she told me that they were over booked and that we had to go. She was friendly about it and gave us time to find a new hostel, but it was mildly frustrating.

• 21st May 2015

It is a very cheap accomodation so you really cannot ask for too much. The room with 2 beds that we had was spacious and had a fireplace inside. All rooms dont have a fireplace. The rooms are very cold so prepare to dress warmly for the night unless you use the fireplace. We bought some firewood for 5000 pesos (the staff ordered the wood for us). The breakfast is enough, there is some fruit (one morning we had pine apple, the other honey melon), bread and juice. The wifi worked badly.

I only booked just one night here with the intention of extending, since I would be in Bogota for about a week. However, I had to find a new hostel the next day, because I had a laptop with me and the only lockers they had were tiny, that could only fit passports, phones and money etc. but no larger items. The free "breakfast" was a bit of bread with some butter. Not really an adequate meal. The staff were really friendly and I loved their 2 dogs. The room was comfortable and quite.

As soon as we arrived we were made welcome. Wished we could have stayed longer.

• 12th May 2015

Great hostel for the money. Staff don't speak English but are very willing to be as helpful as possible.

super nice stuff. 10 minutes from everywhere. really recommend any one to stay there

Didn't have a great stay here. The girl who checked us in was not friendly, and kept the reception desk music on late. It was turned back on loudly at 7am in the morning. The included breakfast is just coffee and bread and butter (though the bread was delicious). There only appeared to be two bathrooms in the whole place, and the shower near us was clogged and a bit gross. The receptionist who was on duty for our second night was very helpful and knowledgeable about the city.

I've stayed in Alegria's hostel 3 times in the last year, and I've always loved returning to this great little hostel in La Candelaria. The hostel itself is beautiful -- two nice courtyards, great private rooms. It's well cleaned every day, and the staff who work there are some of the nicest I've met. Viviana, especially, is wonderful! She does a fantastic job every day, and is so nice Alegrias es un hostel super comodó y cheveré. Gracias a todo, especialmente Viviana quien es la mejor!

Really nice staff, location is standard in Camdelaria. I liked the vibe, everyone's friendly, easy to meet people. Can party or not. The bathrooms were kind of dirty often, probably need to clean them more frequently. Also constantly out of toilet paper. Showers leak water and got blocked so should sort that out.

This is a small hostel on top of a hill. Supermarket is quitefar and at the bottom of the hill. Staff are friendly but only speak Spanish. Hostel is cosy and pleasant to stay in. Showers always hot.

Their photographer needs to get a bonus! Photos are absolutely no representation of this property. We stayed in a private room shared bathroom- room was tiny and unpleasant- nothing like photos on website. Bathrooms were dreadful and badly in need of an upgrade. It wouldn't take much but it just appeared to have been let go completely in the last 5 years or so.

I enjoyed our stay here but the place is in need if some upkeep. In our private room only one of three lights worked, the door lock was broken and although the room was freezing at night there were no spare blankets even when I asked. They need more toilets and showers.

Good location, wonderful staff, extremely comfy beds and an awesome shower. Facilities are well taken care of and the hostel is small and cozy- kind of feels like home. Would definitely stay again!