Alegria's Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 # 02-13, Bogota, Colombia

It was good, but the wifi was always problem. Staff was cool and helpful! rooms are not that clean but not bad. Bed was so comfortable!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Lovely staff, great hostel! Really enjoyed my stay there - thank you Alegria's Hostel!! :)

• 7th Aug 2014

We stayed at three hostels in Colombia, and Alegria's was definitely the best. The accommodations are charming, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the dogs, Mocha and Poker, are awesome. We only suggest fixing the bedroom door lock.

Fantastic place that's easy to meet people in a nice part of the city.

Beutyfull, thanks for this gret coment, definut this is the best way for say to people like us thanks! We will be wating the moment for have you here again, your home in Colombia, we love people like you. Come back soon.

It´s a amazing place, I was feeling very comfortable, I was feeling great with the other people, The bedroom was very quiet. I love the decoration, the rustic touch, the flowers, the lights, the colours,the attention, the kindness. It´s the other level. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Gracias ! Es un precioso comentario, el hostl es tu casa, tu lo sabes y no dudes en venir cada vez que busques a tu amiga, un lugar para abrir la mente y dejar volar el alma, te quiero de todo corazon.

I love the decoration of the hostel, the bathrooms were clean the bedroom very comfortable. The kitchen is big, I felt like home and don't doubt to come back. It's a very good choice

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

This hostel is very pretty, and charming. Vivian is a kind person, the neighborhood is great and beautiful, the two dogs are very friendly. This hostel reminded me of my grandmas farm. I really like it

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

The hostel has two employees per day during the week. these staffs schedule reservations, do the cleaning and make the breakfast. the dogs are friendly, but loose too much hair. I personally made ​​a reservation and when I arrived there were no beds. They asked me if I could stay on the couch and I denied. The location is good and there are enough blankets. The staffs are very nice.

It was really Kind. The staff Nice and friendly. The ambience very good. You can go there :)

Great hostel that I warmed to over my stay. Met some awesome people and there are two GORGEOUS dogs. Staff are lovely (FYI they speak very limited English). Wifi is good. I definitely recommend a 4 bed dorm or private as the 10bed is cramped. Area is safe so long as you keep an eye out and don't go walking alone at night. 24hr reception was great.

This is music for our house love, thanks!!!! Welcome back when ever you want, thanks!

After 3 months in SA, this was the worst hostel yet. The private room was so tiny we hardly had space for our bags on the ground. Half way through the night the bed broke in the middle, we kept rolling into each other and didn't sleep. The staff couldn't speak English so we couldn't explain why we didn't want to stay a second night. They put us on the phone with the owner, who said 'Darling, if you don't want to pay a second night, we'll just charge your credit card, welcome to Columbia'

Aside from the beds we slept in, the bathroom shower flooded every time and there weren't enough bathrooms for all the occupants. the front bedroom was NOISY...the staff didn't even bother to whisper when answering the door. clearly the other comments mention the noise level, but they aren't working on that. you hear everything if you stay near the front. its small and staff were 'semi' helpful... (vivian??was bubbly and nice to interact with!:)). stay a few doors down at Anandamayi Hostel!

When we arrived, the hostess did not smile and the hostel was very disorderly and not welcoming or clean place to walk in. The website is TOTALLY misleading in how the hostel looks!!! he hostess played rap and reggaeton music very loudly until night time. The next day it was better and the hostess was cheerful and kind, but the first impression was not good. Also we had mistakenly thought there were private bathrooms. It just didn't end up being a good fit for what we were expecting.

• 7th Jul 2014

Nice place friendly staff clean rooms Strongly recommend this hostel

wow Kim thanks for take a time for make a beutyfull review! Welcome always at home, we hope to see you soon.

Had a great time at alegrias! Great location and attracted a really cool, mellow but fun crowd. Definitely recommend.

You are great, thats why you get the best expiriens where ever you are. People like you make our beutyfulll atmospher.Thanks for your coment and please come back soon

Staying at Alegria's Hostel was nothing short of an awesome experience. Alegria makes you feel like you are at home, and offers travel tips, and ginger tea when you're sick (as I was). There are two big, sweet, gentle dogs, which adds to the feeling of security that the heavy, locked front door provides. The place is absolutely charming, comfortable and safe. The staff is incredibly warm and welcoming. I'm staying again when I return to Bogota in two weeks after traveling a bit.

• 8th Jun 2014

Amanda Wow, Thanks this is flowers for us, we love to ready this beutyfull comment, thank! This is your house, always we will be here for you, always welcome. Thanks!

Very helpful staff and a nice clean comfortable hostel. The private room was lovely.

Esme, thaks for your time here, thanks for beutyfull comment. This hostel is just love, from people that are happy for to know pleople like you. We love to do this for people like you. Come back soon. Thanks!!!!

The place has a perfect location. The neighborhood is good for those who want visit some museums, eat good and cheap food, walk around and feel the young people that moves the culture of bogota. But the staff knows almost no English and nothing about what it's nice to do around. The house is beautiful but it seems to be a little bit abandoned. My room had a terrible smell of humidity and no hot water on the two days. Poor breakfast also! Got potential but needs more attention!

The staff was kind, helpful, and welcoming. The facilities were clean and the breakfast was wonderful! I can't say enough about how much I love this hostel.

• 28th May 2014

Melanie, Thanksssss! We love you too, we will love to have you here soon. This is your house, realy thanks for your beutyfull coments.

I would give this place 3 out of 5. Not enough electric sockets available, especially not in the dorms area and you need to pay 5,000 COP for renting a towel if you're staying in the dorm. No places to hang your clothes in the not so great nor cleaned shower. Small lockers are around the lobby. None for the equipment. The staff are great and the location is fanatic. As I've, I would give this place 3 out of 5.

• 27th May 2014