Alegria's Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 # 02-13, Bogota, Colombia

Nice little place, not too busy. The lockers were a bit small and the wifi was pretty slow though.

A quieter backpacker hostel with lovely staff. Highly recommend!

• 29th Jul 2015

Pretty quiet but good enough for a couple of nights before/after long haul flight.

We arrived quite early in the morning. Was greeted at the door by a not so welcoming lady. She basically told us check in wasn't until 2pm and then walked away. Using the little spanish I know I asked if we could leave our luggage somewhere. She just pointed to behind the reception desk. It wasn't very secure. I then asked if I could use the toilet. She took me out to one out the back and it was so dirty, I felt sick using it. Another negative is that there is only one shower. loved our room.

Good hostel. But only two showers for everyone. And the water was cold because something was broken. They told us to fix it in 2 hours but that was more than 24... And the staff don't English. But they are very helpful. The location is nice. And the rooms are okey. A little bit noisy when everyone is outside.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Lovely people and great location but if you are a light sleeper you will have trouble. The rooms sorround the communal area and the walls are very thin, also meaning it gets quite cold at night (and in the day but that's just Bogota)!

• 20th Jul 2015

Staff cannot speak any language other than Spanish. Not ideal if you've just arrived in South America. No lockers in dorm rooms. Website says they offer free towels, but when you get there charge 5,000 Chill atmosphere, definitely not a party hostel.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Super warm and friendly staff! Really appreciate their assistance in getting to various locales. Also enjoyed the little breakfast provided.

• 6th Jul 2015

I felt at home here and enjoyed the two dogs.

• 6th Jul 2015

We had a private room that was very cold and damp, the floor boards were broken. We only had freezing cold water our entire stay. Breakfast was very poor and one day it completely ran out after by the time we got there (about 30 mins after it was meant to start). Location is good, staff were friendly but only spoke spanish. Really don't know how this place has high reviews!

Ruben, Allenly and Dana were all excellent. Loved the place.

• 28th Jun 2015

Really enjoyed my stay at Alegria's. Staff is awesome, hostel is beautiful, and met some really amazing people there. Only downfalls might be that it's high up on the hill and there are only 2 showers and one of the days there wasn't any hot water at all. It was fixed the following day though which is awesome. Wifi seems to be shotty everywhere in colombia so far but as long as you don't need to use it when everyone is around for siesta, it's not unbearable by any means. Definitely recommend :)

This is more that a hostel , you gonna feel like if is your home. The kindness of Vivi , Mr. Ruben and Dana will make u feel so comfortable .

This hostel is a great little find. The staff are amazing! So friendly and welcoming, even made me some tea. 2 beautiful dogs here and a great courtyard when it's not raining. The beds are super comfortable

I have only been here for one night, but i liked it. The staff is really nice and the lady helped me with everything, she was really cool. Location is good, just a few minutes walk from the main square. Dorm was fine, although one girl got bug bites. Breakfast is simple; bread, jam and jus.

No comments. Alegria's have all you need.

The staff was so friendly. They really made my tay a 10 out of 10. I was sick my first days and another traveller came in who was even worse. They brought in somw very nice ladies to make us a Colombian remedy tea to help us feel better. The next day I was almost 100%, and the day after I was back to normal. That bit of hospitality made me feel so welcome and looked after. It was so nice of them to do that. They are great people at this hostel :)

• 28th May 2015

Stayed in a double room, was good value for money and they have a good kitchen to use. It's in a good location in LA Candaleria and the staff are very welcoming.

Nice dorm beds but a considerable lack of bathrooms. 2 bathrooms for all dorms and private rooms. Ran out of hot water while there.

For the most part the the hostel was great. Very friendly staff and the grounds are quite charming. However, our bed we terrible and both sides caved toward the middle. We also told reception that we would like to stay another night the day before, then when I woke up she told me that they were over booked and that we had to go. She was friendly about it and gave us time to find a new hostel, but it was mildly frustrating.

• 21st May 2015