Alegria's Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 # 02-13, Bogota, Colombia

They had 2 nice dogs and they sorted us wiv a free beer....nuff said.

• 1st Oct 2014

We enjoyed our stay here but just a little heads up that none of the regular staff speak English at Alegria's (though they are very lovely!) Also there's only 2 1/2 bath for the entire hostel. Furthermore, our reservation for a private room was given away (possibly because we arrived very late though I did mention it in the reservation) so we had to stay in the large dorm. The bonus was the beds in the dorm are nicer than the one we had in our private.

The staff was incredible- always smiling and ready to serve, especially Vivi! There is a hammock in the courtyard and always people around to chat with. It has a small confortable relaxed vibe

It's awesome. vivinas is soooo warm and kind. And I met a lot of friends here. It's close to everywhere and the neighborhood is so beautiful! I will live in here again if I come back again. (++love the password of wifi~~)

• 13th Sep 2014
  • China

Beautiful colonial house with lovely devour. Good location as only a couple of blocks from main square. Basic breakfast of coffee, croissants and juice but better than most Colombian hostels offer! Only advice would be to avoid walking back alone in dark as location slightly quiet. Lovely, friendly staff.

Best Hostel I ve visited in Bogota. The atmosphere was brilliant because of super nice travellers and the staff (Vivana and the guy, dont know his name)! Very clean and helpful staff!!!

Really nice staff. Sociable atmosphere. Very top end of Candelaria (location could be better). Overall a nice hostel.

Real chill hostel highly recommended.

We booked and paid for a room but when we arrived they had given the room to someone else so we had to find another place to stay that night and get our money back from them. NOT HAPPY! The place wasn't as nice as the photos on their website. We had stayed there for 2 nights then were coming coming back for another night. That's when we were told the room was no longer available even though we had booked and already paid for it. Not impressed!

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

It's a really nice hostel with a lovely vibe, easy to meet people and has a guitar! Staff is very friendly and breakfast is great. Vivi es chevre y muy amable!

A realy Nice hostel in a Nice area. The private room is very Nice and clean. The next time i Will book this hostel again.

Good value for money hostel, located in La Calenderia neighborhood, close to a lot of tourist restaurants and sites to visit. One clear disadvantage is the fact that it only has 2 bathrooms and in the morning it gets crowded, but that is the price to pay if you want to stay in the historical centre in a colonial type house. One of the staffers, Vivi I believe is her name, is a very cheerful, kind and open hearted host, and she definitely made the stay feel nicer.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Romania

Great spot in Bogota! Nice people and location is perfect.

• 20th Aug 2014

It was good, but the wifi was always problem. Staff was cool and helpful! rooms are not that clean but not bad. Bed was so comfortable!

• 19th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Lovely staff, great hostel! Really enjoyed my stay there - thank you Alegria's Hostel!! :)

• 7th Aug 2014

We stayed at three hostels in Colombia, and Alegria's was definitely the best. The accommodations are charming, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the dogs, Mocha and Poker, are awesome. We only suggest fixing the bedroom door lock.

Fantastic place that's easy to meet people in a nice part of the city.

Beutyfull, thanks for this gret coment, definut this is the best way for say to people like us thanks! We will be wating the moment for have you here again, your home in Colombia, we love people like you. Come back soon.

It´s a amazing place, I was feeling very comfortable, I was feeling great with the other people, The bedroom was very quiet. I love the decoration, the rustic touch, the flowers, the lights, the colours,the attention, the kindness. It´s the other level. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Gracias ! Es un precioso comentario, el hostl es tu casa, tu lo sabes y no dudes en venir cada vez que busques a tu amiga, un lugar para abrir la mente y dejar volar el alma, te quiero de todo corazon.

I love the decoration of the hostel, the bathrooms were clean the bedroom very comfortable. The kitchen is big, I felt like home and don't doubt to come back. It's a very good choice

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

This hostel is very pretty, and charming. Vivian is a kind person, the neighborhood is great and beautiful, the two dogs are very friendly. This hostel reminded me of my grandmas farm. I really like it

• 20th Jul 2014