Alegria's Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 # 02-13, Bogota, Colombia

super nice stuff. 10 minutes from everywhere. really recommend any one to stay there

Didn't have a great stay here. The girl who checked us in was not friendly, and kept the reception desk music on late. It was turned back on loudly at 7am in the morning. The included breakfast is just coffee and bread and butter (though the bread was delicious). There only appeared to be two bathrooms in the whole place, and the shower near us was clogged and a bit gross. The receptionist who was on duty for our second night was very helpful and knowledgeable about the city.

I've stayed in Alegria's hostel 3 times in the last year, and I've always loved returning to this great little hostel in La Candelaria. The hostel itself is beautiful -- two nice courtyards, great private rooms. It's well cleaned every day, and the staff who work there are some of the nicest I've met. Viviana, especially, is wonderful! She does a fantastic job every day, and is so nice Alegrias es un hostel super comodó y cheveré. Gracias a todo, especialmente Viviana quien es la mejor!

Really nice staff, location is standard in Camdelaria. I liked the vibe, everyone's friendly, easy to meet people. Can party or not. The bathrooms were kind of dirty often, probably need to clean them more frequently. Also constantly out of toilet paper. Showers leak water and got blocked so should sort that out.

This is a small hostel on top of a hill. Supermarket is quitefar and at the bottom of the hill. Staff are friendly but only speak Spanish. Hostel is cosy and pleasant to stay in. Showers always hot.

Their photographer needs to get a bonus! Photos are absolutely no representation of this property. We stayed in a private room shared bathroom- room was tiny and unpleasant- nothing like photos on website. Bathrooms were dreadful and badly in need of an upgrade. It wouldn't take much but it just appeared to have been let go completely in the last 5 years or so.

I enjoyed our stay here but the place is in need if some upkeep. In our private room only one of three lights worked, the door lock was broken and although the room was freezing at night there were no spare blankets even when I asked. They need more toilets and showers.

Good location, wonderful staff, extremely comfy beds and an awesome shower. Facilities are well taken care of and the hostel is small and cozy- kind of feels like home. Would definitely stay again!

The staff, Ruben and Viviana were very sweet, welcoming and helpful. They went above and beyond to answer all my questions and helped me plan my day trips to experience the best of Bogota.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Bolivia

I loved staying at Alegria's Hostel. I was very happy to have chosen this hostel. Viviana and Dana are really nice people and I am happy I met them, they maintain the hostel as few people can do it when they are staff. William and the other guy from the night shift are also nice. The dogs are lovely and the place itself is quite charming. I just didn't get the chance to meet the famous Alegria (the hostel owner).

It's a very rustic and adorable layout. The staff was very helpful about directions and recommendations etc. we spoke spanish so had a much easier time asking for help. The place is nice and clean. The one struggle was being located at the top of a decently steep hill. My friend had never stayed in a hostel before and she loved it.

Thanks for a beutyful comment, we are so happy for can see yours smiles here and then talking nice about us. This is a big family made just for nice people like you! Please, come back soon. Say to every body how nice is Colombia, always welcome. This is your home.

This is an nice hostel with a good vibe and excellent location in La Candelaria. Room are ok but with a smell of humidity. Good showers and wifi. Two out of three staff members are excellent, really friendly and helpful. The third guy however didn't seem to know much about the operation of the hostel. Also he was very drunk while working the night shift alone. He left the premises between 11 pm and 1.30 pm leaving two hostel visitors to guard and open the door (he told them he'd be back 1 h)

Hello, I'm the owner of the Hostel, thanks you! Your perfect description of what happen help me to realize very soon that the man that you say, that has been working for us just for a month is no more welcome to be part of this family. Please let us give you a next stay for free, we have to thank you for your information. People like you and yours constructive comments, let us be a better place everyday. Thanks

I just felt some cold, but they give to me massive covers. Its help me. Bogota is cold.

Estuve aquí una noche nomas pero me impresionó el hostel con character único y Vivíana que nunca paro de correr a un lado a otro manteniendo este hostel! Hasta tuvo tiempo de enseñar una extranjera un poco de pasos a una canción que toco! William era muy ayudante en lo que uno le pedía, ya sea direcion, consejo, o acompañando a u o a esperar su taxi por la noche! Saludos de Medellin :)

Gracias por tus palabras, es muy gratificante para nuestro equipo recibir estos comentarios cargados de lindas palabras, para mi tambien es hermoso confirmar el buen trabajo de nuestro equipo ytener la oportunidad de compartirlo con mas viajeros, esta es la mejor publisidad que tenemos y ustedes son nuestros mayores promotores, gracias. Personas como tu hacen este hostal.n Saludos de todos! Que gracias!

The staff, are very nice, thank you for everything.

• 11th Feb 2015

thanks to you! we love to get this feel back from you, this is beutyfull, the staff will love to know you have a nice stay thanks them. This hostel is about love, people and ower best intencions for your nice stay. You make ower day!

There are too few bathrooms and the breakfast is very light (just coffee, croissants and butter). The hostel is also on a hill but it's good exercise. On the plus side they provide plenty of blankets!

Just wow! The nicect owners of a hostel i have ever met! Go there, meet some awesome people, make friends and feel like home. The owners are just happy people and so amable! Me encanta! Muchas Gracias

yeah!!! Thankssssss!!! This is flowers for us, we have an smile thanks you! Love and a soon come back for you, always welcome, this is your home. We Love you too! Thanks for be part of this family.

Very old location. Had a lot of fungi in our room. Hostel for 1 or 2 nights ok, wouldn't stay longer there.

Go there ! :) it is a small very cosy place with about 20 beds which is so great Because you wont get lost in the crowd and it really encourage conversations travelers in between :) if you Want to stay in Bogota and you Dont own a Ferrari, This is the place to be :) Safe, cosy and outstanding value for money ! Best regards

Thanks! Gracias! We love you have time for to write something soo beutyfulll about us after you leave, you will be always welcome! Please say to every body how beutyfulll is Colombia. See you soon

Good hostel and good facilities except for: - there only seems to be 2 toilets in the whole hostel. Clearly not enough for about 30people - wifi doesn't reach all rooms - it took about 20min to check in, mainly because the lady had to keep walking 20m to open the door everytime, they should invest in a camera and electronic door opening!