Alegria's Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 # 02-13, Bogota, Colombia

It is a very cheap accomodation so you really cannot ask for too much. The room with 2 beds that we had was spacious and had a fireplace inside. All rooms dont have a fireplace. The rooms are very cold so prepare to dress warmly for the night unless you use the fireplace. We bought some firewood for 5000 pesos (the staff ordered the wood for us). The breakfast is enough, there is some fruit (one morning we had pine apple, the other honey melon), bread and juice. The wifi worked badly.

I only booked just one night here with the intention of extending, since I would be in Bogota for about a week. However, I had to find a new hostel the next day, because I had a laptop with me and the only lockers they had were tiny, that could only fit passports, phones and money etc. but no larger items. The free "breakfast" was a bit of bread with some butter. Not really an adequate meal. The staff were really friendly and I loved their 2 dogs. The room was comfortable and quite.

As soon as we arrived we were made welcome. Wished we could have stayed longer.

• 12th May 2015

Great hostel for the money. Staff don't speak English but are very willing to be as helpful as possible.

super nice stuff. 10 minutes from everywhere. really recommend any one to stay there

Didn't have a great stay here. The girl who checked us in was not friendly, and kept the reception desk music on late. It was turned back on loudly at 7am in the morning. The included breakfast is just coffee and bread and butter (though the bread was delicious). There only appeared to be two bathrooms in the whole place, and the shower near us was clogged and a bit gross. The receptionist who was on duty for our second night was very helpful and knowledgeable about the city.

I've stayed in Alegria's hostel 3 times in the last year, and I've always loved returning to this great little hostel in La Candelaria. The hostel itself is beautiful -- two nice courtyards, great private rooms. It's well cleaned every day, and the staff who work there are some of the nicest I've met. Viviana, especially, is wonderful! She does a fantastic job every day, and is so nice Alegrias es un hostel super comodó y cheveré. Gracias a todo, especialmente Viviana quien es la mejor!

Really nice staff, location is standard in Camdelaria. I liked the vibe, everyone's friendly, easy to meet people. Can party or not. The bathrooms were kind of dirty often, probably need to clean them more frequently. Also constantly out of toilet paper. Showers leak water and got blocked so should sort that out.

This is a small hostel on top of a hill. Supermarket is quitefar and at the bottom of the hill. Staff are friendly but only speak Spanish. Hostel is cosy and pleasant to stay in. Showers always hot.

Their photographer needs to get a bonus! Photos are absolutely no representation of this property. We stayed in a private room shared bathroom- room was tiny and unpleasant- nothing like photos on website. Bathrooms were dreadful and badly in need of an upgrade. It wouldn't take much but it just appeared to have been let go completely in the last 5 years or so.

I enjoyed our stay here but the place is in need if some upkeep. In our private room only one of three lights worked, the door lock was broken and although the room was freezing at night there were no spare blankets even when I asked. They need more toilets and showers.

Good location, wonderful staff, extremely comfy beds and an awesome shower. Facilities are well taken care of and the hostel is small and cozy- kind of feels like home. Would definitely stay again!

The staff, Ruben and Viviana were very sweet, welcoming and helpful. They went above and beyond to answer all my questions and helped me plan my day trips to experience the best of Bogota.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Bolivia

I loved staying at Alegria's Hostel. I was very happy to have chosen this hostel. Viviana and Dana are really nice people and I am happy I met them, they maintain the hostel as few people can do it when they are staff. William and the other guy from the night shift are also nice. The dogs are lovely and the place itself is quite charming. I just didn't get the chance to meet the famous Alegria (the hostel owner).

It's a very rustic and adorable layout. The staff was very helpful about directions and recommendations etc. we spoke spanish so had a much easier time asking for help. The place is nice and clean. The one struggle was being located at the top of a decently steep hill. My friend had never stayed in a hostel before and she loved it.

Thanks for a beutyful comment, we are so happy for can see yours smiles here and then talking nice about us. This is a big family made just for nice people like you! Please, come back soon. Say to every body how nice is Colombia, always welcome. This is your home.

1 2 Next » last »