Alegria's Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 # 02-13, Bogota, Colombia

Helpful, friendly staff, good location, there is also a kitchen. There were only a few very small lockers in the hostel, suitable for valuables only, and all were used by other guests :( One of the two showers doesn't even have a head, it's just a pipe coming out of the wall. Atmosphere was okay, and they organise some activities. Go to the tejo evening if you can!

This is a great hostel! The beds aren't the best I've had but the atmosphere here is just fantastic. The staff is extremely friendly and everyone benefits from it. Everyone is in a good mood and the vibe couldn't be better. The owner of the place knows the hotspots of the city and is always willing to help you out. If you fancy dogs, you should definitely come to this place since they have two playful and cool dogs.

This is a cosy hostel that attracts a chilled out crowd. The staff are lovely and helpful. I stayed in the 10 bed dorm which was cramped but comfortable. The beds have plenty of blankets which is important as it gets cold at night in Bogota. There is a simple breakfast of coffee, juice and bread served every day and a computer for guest use. The hostel is located in the tourist area of La Candelaria and is within walking distance of most tourist attractions. I really enjoyed my stay here.

The staff are excellent - incredibly friendly and eager to help. The hostel is beautiful, clean and well maintained. There was a flowery tree outside our window where we often saw hummingbirds, and almost every time I saw staff, they were cleaning. Alegeria’s Hostel feels like home. I always looked forward to a friendly welcome every time I knocked on their door. Many backpackers we met at Alegria’s, came back to stay when passing through Bogota a second or third time. I recommend it to anyone.

• 28th Feb 2014

Great location, excellent staff, beautiful rooms.

Fun, cosy, excellent!

Great location in the Candelario neighborhood. You can easily walk to restaurants and the main plazas. Staff are friendly and provide great city advice. Hostel is quiet and has a very chill vibe.

Great relaxed hostel with friendly, personable staff and an excellent shower.

the hostel staff is very very friendly. they tryed to help you with every concern, cleaned our room every day and even made breakfast for us and cleaned the dishes. good atmosphere and nice place if you want to meet other travellers. we recommand it.

I liked the hostel. The only thing I didn't like is that the 4 bet room had 5 bets. If they would describe it like this, it would be fine.

An excellent hostal.The staff is very friendly. With the cleniness: who from the staff is in charge; it goes from excellent to average. One minus are the hairs of the 2 big dogs; they are everywhere.

La candelaria is the old town. You'd probably want to stay here if you want to see the town. Taxis have tariffs. You check the kilometer and then the price range. Airport will cost 10 usd portal norte to go to Guatavita or Zipa -if you have time you should- 10000 pesos. If you are travelling day time, use the transmilenio. They have their own route so they go faster than taxis during rush hours. ASK for a lower bunk bed, upper beds are not really safe -no handles/bars. I was afraid of falling.

Great traditional, mediterranean-fashioned building. The place is quite small, but it lacks of nothing, there's Internet, TV, helpful and friendly staff, a beautiful patio to socialise with other travellers. You can put your own music and play games and just have a great time. One of the most unique hostels I've been to. Alltogether a cozy and leisure place to meet nice people and plan your next trip. One thing though, boring people who seek quiteness and want to be by themselves, keep out.

The worst hostel I ever stayed in in South America. The four bed dorm is dark and sticky; you feel like you sleep in a closet. You be far better off in the 10-bed-dorm and even there it is hard to find any place to store your gear. The pictures on the hostel world page do not even come close to what you get. 30 US-$ for a double room with a worn out matress and a constant smell mould. of dambness. This hostal is a ri No lockers in the whole hostal. However; the worrst rooms are the two double

• 18th Jan 2014

Great place to stay! Great social atmosphere, comfy beds and nice staff!

• 17th Jan 2014

Great people working at the hostel! They helped us a lot!!!!!!

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Eduardo and Viviana are super friendly and very helpful, doing everything with a smile. Despite being allergic to the 2 huge dogs and sneezing my ass off, will definitely be back, great hostel, very quaint, lovely and fun atmosphere.

Excellent location, super friendly staff, great atmosphere, clean facilities, as good as a hostel would get.

We had a great stay st Alegrias, it was peaceful and the staff were friendly, they cooked a good cheap lunch if you didn't want to venture out and our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast could have been better, just croissants and coffee. It's right in the old town with plenty of eating and drinking options.

My boyfriend and I absolutely loved this hostel. The staff was extremely helpful and welcoming. The whole place has a family feel and is a great location in Bogota. Highly recommend this hostel!