Alegria's Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 # 02-13, Bogota, Colombia

Nice dorm beds but a considerable lack of bathrooms. 2 bathrooms for all dorms and private rooms. Ran out of hot water while there.

For the most part the the hostel was great. Very friendly staff and the grounds are quite charming. However, our bed we terrible and both sides caved toward the middle. We also told reception that we would like to stay another night the day before, then when I woke up she told me that they were over booked and that we had to go. She was friendly about it and gave us time to find a new hostel, but it was mildly frustrating.

• 21st May 2015

Seré completamente sincera, cuando llegue al hostal me decepcione un poco, no se parecía mucho a como lo muestran las fotos, es un hostal muy pequeño y sencillo (de lo cual no tengo problema) pero al tocar y al recibirme viviana entendí la magia del lugar. El servicio es excelente y te hacen sentir en casa inmediatamente. Viviana es una persona hermosisima y junto con Ruben armonizan el lugar y hacen que sea fácil la integración de todos los huéspedes. Gracias por todo! :D

I only booked just one night here with the intention of extending, since I would be in Bogota for about a week. However, I had to find a new hostel the next day, because I had a laptop with me and the only lockers they had were tiny, that could only fit passports, phones and money etc. but no larger items. The free "breakfast" was a bit of bread with some butter. Not really an adequate meal. The staff were really friendly and I loved their 2 dogs. The room was comfortable and quite.

As soon as we arrived we were made welcome. Wished we could have stayed longer.

• 12th May 2015

Great hostel for the money. Staff don't speak English but are very willing to be as helpful as possible.

C'est un hôtel très agréable, très propre, et très accueillant! Les salles de bains sont propres. Le petit déjeuner est a volonter. Viviana est une personne très aimable, souriante et serviable, tout le personnel est très sympathique. J'y ai rencontrer des gens supers, vraiment c'est un endroit parfait pour passer quelques jours.

• 4th May 2015

Chambre privative très confortable et propre. Personnel serviable et accueillant. Trop de lits par rapport aux capacités d'accueil de l'auberge : seulement 2 douches, très petit espace commun intérieur, cuisine peu spacieuse.

Es importante que el pago se pueda realizar con tarjeta de crédito o de debito.

super nice stuff. 10 minutes from everywhere. really recommend any one to stay there

Didn't have a great stay here. The girl who checked us in was not friendly, and kept the reception desk music on late. It was turned back on loudly at 7am in the morning. The included breakfast is just coffee and bread and butter (though the bread was delicious). There only appeared to be two bathrooms in the whole place, and the shower near us was clogged and a bit gross. The receptionist who was on duty for our second night was very helpful and knowledgeable about the city.

I've stayed in Alegria's hostel 3 times in the last year, and I've always loved returning to this great little hostel in La Candelaria. The hostel itself is beautiful -- two nice courtyards, great private rooms. It's well cleaned every day, and the staff who work there are some of the nicest I've met. Viviana, especially, is wonderful! She does a fantastic job every day, and is so nice Alegrias es un hostel super comodó y cheveré. Gracias a todo, especialmente Viviana quien es la mejor!

Really nice staff, location is standard in Camdelaria. I liked the vibe, everyone's friendly, easy to meet people. Can party or not. The bathrooms were kind of dirty often, probably need to clean them more frequently. Also constantly out of toilet paper. Showers leak water and got blocked so should sort that out.

Inigualable atención, todos se encargan de que uno se sienta verdaderamente a gusto. Es un ambiente muy familiar y uno se siente como en su propia casa.

This is a small hostel on top of a hill. Supermarket is quitefar and at the bottom of the hill. Staff are friendly but only speak Spanish. Hostel is cosy and pleasant to stay in. Showers always hot.

Their photographer needs to get a bonus! Photos are absolutely no representation of this property. We stayed in a private room shared bathroom- room was tiny and unpleasant- nothing like photos on website. Bathrooms were dreadful and badly in need of an upgrade. It wouldn't take much but it just appeared to have been let go completely in the last 5 years or so.

I enjoyed our stay here but the place is in need if some upkeep. In our private room only one of three lights worked, the door lock was broken and although the room was freezing at night there were no spare blankets even when I asked. They need more toilets and showers.

Good location, wonderful staff, extremely comfy beds and an awesome shower. Facilities are well taken care of and the hostel is small and cozy- kind of feels like home. Would definitely stay again!

The staff, Ruben and Viviana were very sweet, welcoming and helpful. They went above and beyond to answer all my questions and helped me plan my day trips to experience the best of Bogota.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Bolivia

I loved staying at Alegria's Hostel. I was very happy to have chosen this hostel. Viviana and Dana are really nice people and I am happy I met them, they maintain the hostel as few people can do it when they are staff. William and the other guy from the night shift are also nice. The dogs are lovely and the place itself is quite charming. I just didn't get the chance to meet the famous Alegria (the hostel owner).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4