Alegria's Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 # 02-13, Bogota, Colombia

Lovely staff, great hostel! Really enjoyed my stay there - thank you Alegria's Hostel!! :)

• 7th Aug 2014

We stayed at three hostels in Colombia, and Alegria's was definitely the best. The accommodations are charming, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the dogs, Mocha and Poker, are awesome. We only suggest fixing the bedroom door lock.

Fantastic place that's easy to meet people in a nice part of the city.

Beutyfull, thanks for this gret coment, definut this is the best way for say to people like us thanks! We will be wating the moment for have you here again, your home in Colombia, we love people like you. Come back soon.

Het is belangrijk te melden dat als je met een creditcard betaald er extra kosten in rekening gebracht worden. Dit is namelijk niet standaard bij elk hostel/hotel in Colombia. In dit geval moesten er dus extra kosten betaald worden voor de betaling met creditcard.

• 24th Jul 2014

It´s a amazing place, I was feeling very comfortable, I was feeling great with the other people, The bedroom was very quiet. I love the decoration, the rustic touch, the flowers, the lights, the colours,the attention, the kindness. It´s the other level. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Gracias ! Es un precioso comentario, el hostl es tu casa, tu lo sabes y no dudes en venir cada vez que busques a tu amiga, un lugar para abrir la mente y dejar volar el alma, te quiero de todo corazon.

I love the decoration of the hostel, the bathrooms were clean the bedroom very comfortable. The kitchen is big, I felt like home and don't doubt to come back. It's a very good choice

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

This hostel is very pretty, and charming. Vivian is a kind person, the neighborhood is great and beautiful, the two dogs are very friendly. This hostel reminded me of my grandmas farm. I really like it

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

The hostel has two employees per day during the week. these staffs schedule reservations, do the cleaning and make the breakfast. the dogs are friendly, but loose too much hair. I personally made ​​a reservation and when I arrived there were no beds. They asked me if I could stay on the couch and I denied. The location is good and there are enough blankets. The staffs are very nice.

Ich hatte eine wunderbare Zeit in diesem gemütlichen Hostel in einer so lauten Stadt! Vielen, vielen Dank, dass ihr den Anfang meiner Reise so schön gestaltet habt! Ich komme wieder!

• 18th Jul 2014

It was really Kind. The staff Nice and friendly. The ambience very good. You can go there :)

Great hostel that I warmed to over my stay. Met some awesome people and there are two GORGEOUS dogs. Staff are lovely (FYI they speak very limited English). Wifi is good. I definitely recommend a 4 bed dorm or private as the 10bed is cramped. Area is safe so long as you keep an eye out and don't go walking alone at night. 24hr reception was great.

This is music for our house love, thanks!!!! Welcome back when ever you want, thanks!

After 3 months in SA, this was the worst hostel yet. The private room was so tiny we hardly had space for our bags on the ground. Half way through the night the bed broke in the middle, we kept rolling into each other and didn't sleep. The staff couldn't speak English so we couldn't explain why we didn't want to stay a second night. They put us on the phone with the owner, who said 'Darling, if you don't want to pay a second night, we'll just charge your credit card, welcome to Columbia'

Aside from the beds we slept in, the bathroom shower flooded every time and there weren't enough bathrooms for all the occupants. the front bedroom was NOISY...the staff didn't even bother to whisper when answering the door. clearly the other comments mention the noise level, but they aren't working on that. you hear everything if you stay near the front. its small and staff were 'semi' helpful... (vivian??was bubbly and nice to interact with!:)). stay a few doors down at Anandamayi Hostel!

Muchas Gracias!!!! a todos es como volver a mi hogar ;)

Carlos!!!!!!!!!!! Esta es tu casa! ESperamos no vengas a saludar durante tu estadia en nuestra ciudad, tienes una familia en Bogota. Cuenta con nosotros, no dudes en llamarme si necesitas algo, esres un huesped soñado, te escribe Alegria mi cel es 313 4191288. Mucha suerte en la U.

When we arrived, the hostess did not smile and the hostel was very disorderly and not welcoming or clean place to walk in. The website is TOTALLY misleading in how the hostel looks!!! he hostess played rap and reggaeton music very loudly until night time. The next day it was better and the hostess was cheerful and kind, but the first impression was not good. Also we had mistakenly thought there were private bathrooms. It just didn't end up being a good fit for what we were expecting.

• 7th Jul 2014

Ein Hostel das mich rundum zufrieden gestellt hat. Besonders hervorzuheben ist die familiäre Atmosphäre, das hilfsbereite Personal sowie der sehr gute Service. Falls ich nochmal nach Bogota komme, definitiv wieder Alegria's Hostel :)

• 30th Jun 2014

Nice place friendly staff clean rooms Strongly recommend this hostel

wow Kim thanks for take a time for make a beutyfull review! Welcome always at home, we hope to see you soon.

L'ambiance à l'alegira's hostal vraiment bien , on s y sent comme a la maison, le staff est vraiment serviable et gentil et c est vraiment un endoit ou j'ai jamais eu peur de laisser mes affaires sans cadenas et lockers...etc je remercie Viviana, Eduardo, José pour mon sejours de deux semaines et j ai fais connaisances de tres bonne personne durant mon sejour! Vraiment je le recommande apres si on cherche un gros hostal c est pas celui la qu'on va prendre, ici c est plus typique et local! i love

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Had a great time at alegrias! Great location and attracted a really cool, mellow but fun crowd. Definitely recommend.

You are great, thats why you get the best expiriens where ever you are. People like you make our beutyfulll atmospher.Thanks for your coment and please come back soon

Solo me quede una noche.. deberian anunciar la condición real de la instalación, en el sentido de que deberían señalarlo de una manera mas conservadora y real, no tengo nada en contra de las cosas básicas y sencillas, pero pienso q deberían hacer los ajustes pertinentes para competir y ofrecer algo mas competitivo. Espero mi comentario sea tomado en el sentido constructivo y no negativo.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4