Alegria's Hostel Reviews

Calle 9 # 02-13, Bogota, Colombia

Quite loud, just two bathrooms, small public area, nice staff, basic breakfast, bit clammy in the rooms

Cutest dogs, wireless in the rooms, great kitchen. Somewhat of a walk from the main tourist spots but not too bad. Very friendly staff. Not close to much in the way of food or stores but overall good value for the price. Plus nice outside terrace.

If you have to go to Bogota, this is a good place to stay. We arrived really early in the morning on a night bus and they let us check into a room right away because it wasn't occupied (at no additional charge). The breakfast was also quite nice. One point of criticism is that they need to get a new mattress for the room we were in--it was all caved in!

I have stayed at Alegria's Hostel twice and enjoyed it both times. The hostel building has a lot of character, the showers have hot water and good pressure, breakfast is provided and the staff are really helpful and friendly. Vivianna works so hard to make the hostel super clean and to offer help if needed. The only thing I would change would be to provide soap and a hand towel in the bathrooms,but I forgot to ask them why they don't do this, no great issue though.Really enjoyed my stays there.

Good place to stay in Bogotá. Good location and the staff is really nice, including Moca and Poker, the dogs. My complaint is about the lockers, that are too small and outside the room.

Staff very friendly; always ready to help. In case you, don't speak Spanish fluently, don't worry. They tell you things again and again.

Cet Hostal est sympa mais gros inconvénient ; l'espace dans les dortoirs (on se marche dessus) et les matelas sont complètement défoncés.. Sinon le petit déjeuner est bon, ambiance routard, parties communes agréables.

He disfrutado mucho de la estancia en este hostel, tanto el ambiente, la ubicación y la amabilidad de sus trabajadores han sido perfectas, me he sentido súper bien acogido, y sin duda repetiré si vuelvo a Bogotá!!!

The bathrooms are not super clean, could use paper towel/hand dryer, and the toilet lid slams shut every time you stand up (or sometimes against your back while you're still sitting). Otherwise, it was a great stay. The staff are super friendly and helpful and it's a great environment for meeting other travellers in a chill atmosphere. Plus you can't beat then price!

• 10th Nov 2014

We hebben een leuke tijd gehad tijdens ons verblijf in het hostel. Locatie is erg goed, personeel is vriendelijk en behulpzaam.

• 8th Nov 2014

Super hostel, pequeno, lindo y con gente genial!

The staff from this hostel is one of the best I’ve ever met during my trips. The hostel is located in a historic place in Bogotá and near by the most important tourist places. However, I think they should improve the infrastructure. During my stay there, the bunk bed even had a stair to go to the bed of the top.

It gets pretty cold in the rooms with big windows to the outside. We had to switch the room because it was freezing. But then, Bogota itself is not a tropical place:)

There were 4 of us sharing a 4 bed dorm so we felt very secure. No wifi in our room and only 2 showers for the whole hostel, but a really nice outdoor area and kept really clean. Staff couldn't speak much English but the dogs made up for it!

Location: It is close to a arty district and many shops and restaurants. I got a bus from the airport. Security: Big doggies that seem really friendly but I wouldn't test them. Staff: Helpful and efficient with the check in, organized. Scene: This isn't a party hostel. Facilities: Really clean, big kitchen, and hot showers. It seemed expensive to hire a towel, they are not included. I got a great sleep at Alegria's and would stay again.

This hostel is great! Super clean and Viviana Jose and Eduardo are really nice people. Located in great part of town.

• 23rd Oct 2014

While the amenities are not the best, the staff is by far the nicest I've ever met! Super accommodating and friendly, they are happy to give directions or to you about the finer points of Colombian football. Location is excellent and breakfast is simple but yummy. Also, two dogs!!

Cozy hostel with lots of blankets to keep you warm and a nice friendly vibe. Small place so you'll make friends very easily. Was some Filipino-Canadian girl who was really annoying and really dumb who got really, really drunk and it was her first night, hadn't adjusted to the altitude, and remembered nothing. Hard to respect people like her ey? Anyway, this is a good hostel in a good area. Has adequate kitchen also.

They had 2 nice dogs and they sorted us wiv a free beer....nuff said.

• 1st Oct 2014

We enjoyed our stay here but just a little heads up that none of the regular staff speak English at Alegria's (though they are very lovely!) Also there's only 2 1/2 bath for the entire hostel. Furthermore, our reservation for a private room was given away (possibly because we arrived very late though I did mention it in the reservation) so we had to stay in the large dorm. The bonus was the beds in the dorm are nicer than the one we had in our private.

« first « Prev 1 2 3