Ålesund Hostel Reviews

Parkgata, M�re og romsdal, Alesund, Norway

All positive. Yes! Excellent breakfast buffet. Close to bus terminal. Nice common area. Plenty of plug outlets. Free use of washer and dryer with reasonable cost for powder. Folding table for clothes. Lockers available for valuables. Convenient table for computer work in the male dorm. Spacious kitchen with everything you could possibly need. Separate bathrooms and showers. Friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable staff. Wonderful city. Fantastic experience overall!

The hostel is top of town. So nice view and easy approaching to observation platform. But to go hostel you have to climb up small acclivity or some stairs. But I love their great breakfast and free self laundry service with my own cleanser.

It is very nice place to stay with family friends.

• 1st May 2014
  • Thailand

This hostel was extremely comfortable and exactly what we needed on our night stay! My friend & I ended up with a four person room all to ourselves. This meant we had a bathroom, including a shower, all to ourselves as well! It was very clean and a great place to stay. It even included a buffet breakfast, which was better than some hotels I've stayed at. There was a kitchen in our room which wasn't working, but there was a community one downstairs which we never needed to use. Recommend!

Little bit noisy cuz of construction works on the road near hostel. But it is nice place, I stayed in 12 bed male dorm.

Lovely Hostel! fantastic staff! Made us lunch to take the next day due to leaving before breakfast - much appreciated =]

Nice sleeping area for girls. A bit sketchy though.

good location, nice breakfast, we stayed in a very nice apartment with all the staffs that we needed which we didn't expect for. It's the best lodging that I never stayed. Highly recommended.

Incredibly great breakfast. Worth the money for that. Too many guys in the big dorm room though and with opening the windows it didn't smell great.

• 6th Aug 2013

Very nice hostel in the middle of a nice town. Good breakfast and very nice atmosphere, I made a lot of friends there!

The staff was very helpful and gave good tips for visiting the town. Breakfast was excellent and beyond my expectations. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone who wants a good place to stay in Alesund.

• 17th Jul 2013

Great breakfasts, nice big converted church building. The wifi was terrible, but I'm not sure if that was the hostel or the location. Good spot.

good simple hostel, nice that it includes a breakfast, cheapest place to stay in alesund and would recommend to any traveller. spacious and clean rooms

It was a pleasant stay in Ålesund hostel and it was incredibly near to the viewing point. Mind the slope up the hill as you heading towards the hostel as it is very steep and hard to walk up if you have a very heavy luggage bag with you. Staffs were very friendly and patience in explaining alternative tourist attraction out of Ålesund. All in all was good.

My stay was pleasant enough. The hostel atmosphere in Alesund is a bit tenuous. I believe this is the only hostel they have in Alesund, it also shared with individuals who are jobless and or homeless. They were all nice enough to hang out with, but it was clear, it wasn't a typical backpacker style of place. The common room where the internet signal is best closes at midnight and opens at 4pm.

Good location and good facilities with internet access and breakfast included. I like that they have information on the sights of Alesund and a map of the city. A bit annoying that the reception is shut for most of the day between 10am-4pm and quite expensive even for a big dorm room

Perfect location. Aalesund is a great town to visit so I recommend this hostel. Staff were accomodating with skeleton hours rather than saying you can't store your bag and the hours were fair given it was genuinely quiet in May (unlike some Bergen hostels which use the same low season excuse in May but are booked out and really stuff you round.) Price includes a great breakfast, linen, washer/dryer use so far better value than it seems. I found it hard to get good wifi strength anywhere.

The breakfast was fabulous.....and the lady organising it was friendly and super efficient. Rooms were good, unfortunately the head man was a bit brisk when we turned up late....through no fault of our own. Luckily is assistant, a delightful young lady, made up for him. Can thoroughly recommend Alesund Hostel Ciao Wendy

• 24th Oct 2012