Alex House Reviews

Borgo dei Greci 13, Florence, Italy

Excellent location close to the station, river and historic centre. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Strong wifi

Towels were not included in the price of the room, but nevermind - great location (3 minutes from anywhere...), friendly staff, okayish beds (two of them were bunk beds), fairly modern bathroom and very affordable price made us book another night in the same place for later. Check-in was early, but no probs leaving our stuff there, guarded behind locks.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Pros: - Perfect location - Safe - Friendly Staff Cons: - No WiFi in the rooms - WiFi in the common area is TURNED OFF at 10-11pm and isn't enabled until ~10am - No air con in the room, we cooked.

The staff and location really made out trip here great. The staff were very helpful and enthusiastic. They answered all of our questions. The location is perfect. It is located in the middle of Florence's old city. Thank you for a great stay.

Fab location right in the heart of Florence, surrounded by cafes and restaurants, everything is within 5mins walk. The staff were very friendly and always smiling. We stayed in a very spacious private room with a view out onto a nice little courtyard. Very peaceful hostel got a good nights sleep.

My only issue was that on checkout day I had a hard time finding any staff to give my key to, and other guests had the same problem. I understand that with such a small hostel the staff can't be everywhere, but it would have been nice to have a number to call or something. I was late for my taxi.

• 17th May 2014

I'm sorry for your taxi but you had the keys, in fact, to give maximum freedom to our customers we say to leave the keys on the desk if they have to leave the 'hostel early in the morning or during the night, also if the customer wishes, we can book a taxi for any time of day or night for free. Anyway thanks for your high evaluation of our hostel

Sharing one bathroom for the floor was very inconvenient.

TV in room not working. Have to rent towels. TV not as important but renting towels was not expected. Hard to pack towels when you are traveling with limited baggage. We just had backpacks.

• 6th Mar 2014