Alex's Oceanview Stay Reviews

15 Bitou St., Danshui, 8-8 East Zhongzhen Road, Taipei, Taiwan

During 4 nights, I only saw a staff person the night I arrived, and she was excellent. There was never anyone around the rest of the time. The location is good because it's so close to the MRT, but as others have mentioned, it's right next to the MRT. That wasn't much problem for me, because my room (big and super clean) was in the basement with only a tiny window into the hallway. The only "oceanview" was on the 2nd floor where other guests were cooking. Nice area to stay in; better w/ a view.

• 2nd Oct 2014

I only got to know that I had to be transferred to their another so called second hostel but turn up to be a homestay when i got there. The owner staying in that house plus other people whom occupying different rooms. I feel so insecure. People walking in and out. Although the staff seem to be nice but it is so unacceptable. They should courtesy email me if there are any changes. I even drop email to them before I came. Please improve.

If you love Hello Kitty, this hostel might be just for you. The hostel front has a unique collection of all things Hello Kitty. The hostel is located 2 minutes away from Tamsui MRT station. Fisherman's wharf is ferry ride away and is worth a visit during sunset for a romantic and relaxing stroll. Bali is also a ferry ride away a; probably a newer touristy area with a boardwalk. Tamsui night market is also worth a visit. All of this makes this place a fun place to stay.

• 13th Jun 2014

Staff team is very nice. Location is 1 mins walk from MRT which is great. Center to many attraction point and food. I will choose this hostel again without a doubt.

• 15th May 2014
  • Thailand

Location is great for your stay and visit Tamsui! Staff are nice and room is cleaned, but do not know why there has woman shouting and baby crying all the night during my stay and made me not sleep well. And there has a bar nearby also made noisy.

Great Location near to the old streets of dan shui. Friendly staff rapport! and room is clean and nice.

I have already chatted with the owver that the direction to the hostel is rather confusing and that the sign of the hostel on the door of the premises can be made larger and more visible for guest. The premises may be a bit crowded due to quite a fair bit of clutters in each floor.

It is a nice hostel, the hosts are nice and the air is better than Taipei. If you don't have to drive because the main street full of cars move slowly. I took mrt 40 mins from Tpe. I enjoyed my stay there because I have my own room and the host treat us with BBQ beef, that was very nice of him.

8 bed room dont have wifi... the rest all fine

It is definitely hard to find, don't expect the taxi's to find it, I would recommend taking up the owners offer to meet you at train station initially and have their phone number handy..

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • New Zealand

The hostel is a short walk from the MRT station. For those who plan to visit Danshui and stay for a night or two, i would strongly recommend this place. The staff is extremely helpful. =) Its a pity that i don't get to see a lot of other travelers. It always puzzles me the ambience (& interaction level) of a Asian hostel is so much different from hostels in Western countries. Ohh by the way... this hostel unfortunately does not have Ocean View. =) (Maybe from the rooftop???)

Alex is very helpful and eager to show his knowledge of the local area. The hostel is quirky with a location close to the station and the night market. The down side of its location is the constant rumble of trains

It is hard to find your hostel. Maybe have a clear sign. Also no one was there to greet me or say good bye. The basement rooms smell like mold.

We struggled to find this place, until thankfully a stranger saw us lost and rung them for us!! The place didnt have a sign and isnt easy to find. The staff and owner were very friendly and helpful. The room wasn't great. very tiny, the mattresses for bed only just fit. The bathroom was moldy and with no shower curtain. After the first shower, it just stayed wet, gross and smelly for our stay

• 4th Apr 2013

Nice hostel at a fantastic location in Tamsui, with a beautiful view just next to the sea. Also very close to shops and facilities, and the MRT is just 5 minute walk away and will take you anywhere in Taipei. Hostel is clean and orderly, the staff are helpful and friendly, especially Alex. Would highly recommend.

When we reached, no one was available at the front desk. But the owner managed to get us some help. Though we didn't get to see the owner eventually, but it was a nice place to stay at. Definitely value for money. It is not as bad as what others portrayed. Good to be away from the city once in a while! Staff are really quite helpful. They arranged for appropriate rooms for us too. Also, amenities provided were sufficient(:

• 23rd Mar 2013
  • Singapore

good location , my room was with sea view! Nice staff! I will come to stay here.

• 18th Feb 2013
  • Taiwan

This hostel had an amazing view from the relaxing wooden porch! The staff was fantastic-- very personable and inclusive, which made the trip even more enjoyable:) Beds were comfortable and the room was clean.... very close to the MRT station, the wate, shopping area, sights, everything. Fabulous time~

It"s wonderful that Alex has a very reliable and helpful assistant, Mr Andy Wang to manage the hotel. UndAerstand Andy came from Alishan. If I will visit Alishan, he is ever ready to help. When we reach Danshuei MRT Station, the map direction is very confused, we do not how to walk to the hotel. Praise the Lord, the Information Counter @ Danshuei give us his contact number. We call from a public phone and Alex send Andy to assist us - 3 elderly ladies + 1 50+ . Indeep we are very thankful.

• 24th Dec 2012
  • Singapore

very convenient place. Alex is a nice boss, he was helpful and called me before I arrived.

View all Taipei Bed and Breakfasts