Alexander Hostel Reviews

165 Mohamed Farid St, Down Town, Cairo, Cairo, Egypt

We arrived in Cairo at 6:30am but were not able to check-in until 12pm. This should have been made clear before we arrived as the hostel was aware of our flight time. Also, the hostel tried to charge us for the supposedly free airport pick-up on more than one occasion, not to mention rip us off by arranging trips for us. I had to request for our blankets to be washed as they smelt so bad and a hoover also. Staff tried to add 2 of my friends on FB after the trip, not exactly very professional.

• 24th Feb 2015

Best hotel in Cairo!!!! The best staff... like a family!!!

Friendly staff, but the actual facilities were not in good shape

Location great, staff friendly but pushy, not clean rooms, sheets get not changed i guess, lots of mosquitos, no atmosphere.

The owner and staff are extremely friendly and speak very good English. Mr. Mustafa works with the hotel and reserved a perfect trip for me within the schedule that I had. I am not one to have someone book guides for me, but it is necessary in Egypt. I would recommend taking a taxi with detailed directions or arranging a pickup to get there. Streets aren't really labeled.

Lovely staff great location. Would return definitely.

We're very helpful,with my travel plans, recomadations to other places in Aswan & Luxor. Help with storing my bike box while I traveled Egypt, help with to and from Airport as well as tours in the Cairo area to pyramids and few other places. The rooms very clean, wifi works great.. After my tour come back for more night stays, this and the Bob Marley Sharif hotel will recommend to all.. Both make you feel at home..!

Very nice place to stay! I recommend. Excellent!!!

Very clean hostel & very helpful staff , thanks Alexnder Hostel :)

• 16th Dec 2014

I 100% recommend this hostel!!! Excellent in every respect. Big clean rooms with individual beds, not bunks! Wonderful staff, who helped me with many things. Don't hestitate to come here. Good location too!

• 5th Dec 2014

I had very nice stay at Alexander hotel. People there are very nice and helpful, especially Mr Mostafa who is the responsible for the tourism there ..... highly recommended for budget travelers and backpackers.