Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

I only needed a place for a night, and I got that at this place. But wouldn't stay again. The rooms are way too small for 8 ppl. The mattress is very low quality, it's a thick mat covered in a sort of thick plastic. But the worst for me were the showers, kind of gross, it smells, and it's just a big area with sagging curtains hung around to make improvised 'stalls'... I only got 20seconds of warm water the first time I showered, and none the second. But if you need a last minute bed, it's fine.

Your are right we need to clean the urinal more often in the male commune bathroom. Note that we have 6 person dorm and also dorm whit private bathroom just for $4-5 in extra. We try to have dorm for every budget.We very sorry if the hot water was missing when you shower...We don't know what happen. We will check that.

Enjoyed our stay in the two private bedroom with double beds apartment setting. Shared it with others who booked a double bed suite like we did and didn't expect a great apartment either. Fun, quiet, private location. During the hot summer the bedrooms could use little window AC units. The large common area could use cooler air circulation during that time too. There were fans but it's not quite enough. If only the wifi could reach well to this sweet 3rd floor space. 4 stars from us!!

• 18th Aug 2015

Thanks for your review. We take note and, as we improve each year, at your next visit, chance are good that you will give us 100%.

Had a great time, the location was perfect and the staff was extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. We stayed in a private room and the small apartment that we shared with two other bedrooms was far better than imagined. The balcony was a huge plus!

• 15th Aug 2015

Thank you for your review. Yes haft off our double bed room have a small balcony. The other room are cool too.

This was one of my best hostel experiences. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the hostel itself was quite nice. Huge lobby and downstairs area with high ceilings, couches, tables, TV, etc. and there was a great second floor deck where every gathered and hung out together. We got our own room with a shared bathroom, which ended up being a suite, so it was great to only share a bathroom with one other room. The area was fun and walking distance to most places. Definitely recommend!

• 14th Aug 2015

Amazing place with amazing staff. If I ever come back to Montreal I will stay there again :-)

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Not very happy with my stay. When I came in to my room, my bed was'nt ready yet. The bedsheets and pillow cases were there on my bed but they made me do it by myself. No lockers in the room, only in the lobby area. Towels are not free. No air conditioning. Breakfast are Bread, Bunch of Jams, Coffee, Orange juice and fruit salad. The only thing that I am very happy about is the location, it's very close to the gay village.

Just stayed one night in this hostal, but staff were very friendly and always keen to help you. The location is good. I stayed in the 20 bed shared room and it was okay. You can meet people. Breakfast for free!

We stayed in a dorm with shared bathroom (cheapest option) therefore we had to use the bathrooms downstairs, which can be a bit annoying. But they have also Ensuite-rooms. The staff is really friendly, helpful and well versed with languages. We went along a guided tour through the Plateau (until it started raining, no ones fault :D), through the underground city and even made it to Mont Royal. Overall great place to stay, where you can get easily in contact with other travellers.

Great staff awesome time

• 12th Aug 2015

Great location, amazing staff!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Costa Rica

I had some problems with the hot&cold situation of the water. :) But otherwise it was a really enjoyable week in Alexandrie. :) Highly recommended for people of all ages, since everyone definitely will find company. The staff was super sweet, the lady at breakfast was absolutely helpful and nice; receptionist guys are super friendly, funny and wonderfully crazy. :D They always have something nice or funny to say to make your day and also, they are all gentlemen. :D Altogether a good choice!

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Hungary

Very friendly staff who told us everything we needed to know about the city. Good location and good for the price. It might not be as lavish as some of the other hostels in the city but its cozy and makes you feel at home. Loved the outdoor patio and the n64 with Mario Kart.

PERFECT location. Right by Berry-UQAM metro station and 15 minute walk from the bus station. In a cool neighborhood and a 20-minute or so walk to Old Montreal. Staff is so great- very friendly and helpful. The actual building itself is rundown, but it was never too concerning, just kind of what I expect from hostels sometimes. Basic breakfast, sometimes have pancakes! All in all, provides just what you need. Location and services are excellent. I had an amazing time here.

Love the energy of this hostel!! Staff was very kind, helpful, and accommodating. My flight ended up landing really late but the staff waited up for me which I really appreciated! Great location with easy access to the metro. Maybe I was lucky but all of the guests were also very friendly and nice. I came alone and made lots of new friends. Definitely a great hostel to stay at if you want to meet people to explore Montreal with!

This hostel was really great!! The staff was a little sketchy in the beginning at first, but they turned out to be super nice and very helpful! Overall we had an amazing time here, enjoyed walking to all the places we wanted to go and appreciated the cleanliness and well run nature of the hostel. Definitely would stay again!

• 6th Aug 2015

Staying in this hostel was pleasant, rooms were clean, quite large lounge for only two bedrooms. Location is very good, close to Ste Catarhine Blv. There is possibility for parking a car on the street nearby. The price was very acceptable for the service.

It was a really great hostel, respectful people and a nice location.

A great place to stay! My friends and I stayed in a four person private room, which was essentially a little apartment with its own kitchen, bathroom, and living area, shared with one other private room. Great value for how much space and privacy we had. The staff were friendly and organized an evening to see the fireworks competition that was going on. Awesome location - a quick walk to the Berri/UQAM Metro station and within walking distance of many restaurants, bars, and tourist attractions.

• 30th Jul 2015

As my first time staying in a hostel, I was pleasantly surprised! I came with my best friend from Chicago and we were welcomed warmly by the knowledgable staff immediately. I would reccomend staying here to anyone and will be back next time I am in Montreal. Our room had a balcony and there was a terrace right around the corner. The hostel is very close to fun bars and night life, and a cute French bakery and other places (subway station, etc).

• 30th Jul 2015

This hostel is well situated very close to the bus station and about a 20 minute walk to the city centre. I stayed in a single private room, the setup of the hostel is a bit odd in that the private rooms are in a separate wing away from the dorms (I seemed to be the only one in that wing the first night), though you can still use the main facilities. Wifi did not stretch to my room which was a pain, though it's available in the main area. Breakfast was so-so, but staff were v helpful / welcoming

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4