Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

Great staff and atmosphere really enjoyed my stay there!

• 11th Oct 2014

We were 8 friends in a 20 people room and it was fantastic. Very clean and spacious. The living room and the kitchen were fully equipped and we met new good people there. The hostel's employees were very friendly , they explained to us a lot of places to go and were always available to help us; specially Cory, who was all the time looking after us! I would repeat the place for sure.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Good hostel. The breakfast is really nice! They make fresh pancakes for the guests. The only think is the wifi. It doesn't work properly at the rooms.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Very nice staff. They were all very friendly and helpful! They made everything easier for me by letting me leave my suitcases at the hostel while travelling to Quebec City for 2 days. A special thanks to Cory who made me discover "Map-O-Spread"!!! Also, the hostel is conveniently located, only a few minutes from Berri-UQAM metro station and bus.

Glad that Alexandrie has given you a sweet memory! We can send you some `Map-O-Spread`from our breakfast to you in France lol.

Great little hostel, good location and has a good atmosphere bout it.

We apreciate that you have an enjoyable stay with us. The hostel has many little spots within it that can enlighten a trip. Cheers

good vibes only

• 23rd Sep 2014

Thanks, the Atmosphere here was was created by many of our guests over time. Hope to see you again.

This hostel was a lot of fun. The staff (Eddur and Cory) were very nice and helpful. Free pancake breakfast, laundry available, and a great atmosphere.

A lot of thank yous from Eddur lol and Cory. Be the pancake...

A decent hostel with good staff. The 20 bed dorm wasn't 20 beds in one room, rather 20 beds spread over 4-5 rooms without doors. Surprisingly comfortable. Internet was a little substandard, especially when multiple people used it concurrently. Breakfast wasn't too bad, just a pity it ended at 10:15.

Amazing! I would for sure stay here again

• 30th Aug 2014

It was a cool place with a fun vibe but I didn't think it was the most comfortable hostel I have stayed at. ]

• 30th Aug 2014

The host is a very nice guy, I appreciate his help indeed.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

I stayed here 2 nights. The staff were helpful and chilled. The common areas are spacious. For the 20 bed dorm, there is one very good shower/bathroom, otherwise there is a locker style shower area and the showers are push button. The water lasts for about 8 seconds before having to push it again. Not the greatest. Apart from that, a fine hostel

Cory and the rest of the staff were very fun and helpful, and atmosphere for meeting other travellers was grest

• 22nd Aug 2014

Loved it here. Stayed in the 20 bed dorm, which was basically three bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and bathroom, also had it's own outdoor patio area. Didn't feel cramped like a 20 person dorm at all. Great people, chill place, lots of space and free internet. Location was perfect and felt totally safe coming and going alone. I'd definitely recommend for solo travellers looking to meet people, or a group looking to stay and explore Montreal.

Thank you so much for your review. We made this economic dorm for the one who travel on budjet but are so happy that evreyone love it.

Great Location, but i don`t like the public showers and don`t buy the lock in the hostel, it might can open others...

Thank for your comment. Guest review will help us to improve. At Alexandrie you have choice ensuite dorm (bathroom Inside the dorm) or public bathroom which is good because cheaper and faster. Nobody can block the all goup. There is urinal, toilet, place to share and shower all those section side by side in 2 rooms: one for women one for men.

The set up was so sweet! I had a private room, and it had its own staircase to the street, so it felt like a little apartment! But then somehow magically you could get through the back door back to the hostel, the coolest setup I've ever seen!

Yes our building use to be a 12 appartments before it was tranform in an hostel. We have extra kitchen, extra living room and door from the street. We happy that it add to your experience.

I am travelling the world staying in the least expensive places i can find. This hostel has Lockers everywhere. Clean bahrooms and a pretty sizable kitchen and gathering place. The atmosphere is that of an industrial loft which fits Montreal's architecture style. Got all the basics, on the more expnsive side for shoestring travel.

Thanks for your comment. We are happy to be there for you. Happy travel...

Alexandrie is a good hostel with all the basic amenities, and a few extras. One small suggestion: you should indicate somehow to the guests that there are extra showers in the basement because we only found out by accident on the second day, and one bathroom is not enough for 8 women! But the staff is very friendly and helpful, hosting fun events and making it very easy to meet people. We made some awesome friends and had a great time. Thanks Alexandrie!

Thank for your suggestion. That is easy we will do it.

I visited 3 hostels in Montreal, this one, one in Old Montreal area and another on the other end of Rue Saint Catherine. I have to say, this one is the best in a lot of ways and if you want the Montreal experience, stay here. Location was the best, in a sweet part of town, nice cafes, people, grocery stores nearby. I met the best and most interesting people here and spent time together. Staff were hilarious. Without a doubt, I'd choose here again.

• 7th Aug 2014

Thank for your recommendation.The french part off the town has lot to offer and at good price.

Nothing to complain about, the perfect hostel stay albeit a little pricey...

« first « Prev 1 2 3