Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

Loved it here. Stayed in the 20 bed dorm, which was basically three bedrooms, a living room, kitchen and bathroom, also had it's own outdoor patio area. Didn't feel cramped like a 20 person dorm at all. Great people, chill place, lots of space and free internet. Location was perfect and felt totally safe coming and going alone. I'd definitely recommend for solo travellers looking to meet people, or a group looking to stay and explore Montreal.

The set up was so sweet! I had a private room, and it had its own staircase to the street, so it felt like a little apartment! But then somehow magically you could get through the back door back to the hostel, the coolest setup I've ever seen!

I am travelling the world staying in the least expensive places i can find. This hostel has Lockers everywhere. Clean bahrooms and a pretty sizable kitchen and gathering place. The atmosphere is that of an industrial loft which fits Montreal's architecture style. Got all the basics, on the more expnsive side for shoestring travel.

Alexandrie is a good hostel with all the basic amenities, and a few extras. One small suggestion: you should indicate somehow to the guests that there are extra showers in the basement because we only found out by accident on the second day, and one bathroom is not enough for 8 women! But the staff is very friendly and helpful, hosting fun events and making it very easy to meet people. We made some awesome friends and had a great time. Thanks Alexandrie!

I visited 3 hostels in Montreal, this one, one in Old Montreal area and another on the other end of Rue Saint Catherine. I have to say, this one is the best in a lot of ways and if you want the Montreal experience, stay here. Location was the best, in a sweet part of town, nice cafes, people, grocery stores nearby. I met the best and most interesting people here and spent time together. Staff were hilarious. Without a doubt, I'd choose here again.

• 7th Aug 2014

Nothing to complain about, the perfect hostel stay albeit a little pricey...

Really relaxed environment, great apartments.

• 30th Jul 2014

they charge 2$ for a towel

• 27th Jul 2014

This hostel was fantastic. We stayed in the 8 bed female dorm. It was spacious and well kept. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. No question was a problem. They also went around and asked all guests if they wanted to partake in group activities. The common area was conducive to a friendly environment where travellers were able to mix easily. The location was great.

Good atmosphere, very nice staff. The building needs a general renovation. Some beds are short: so if you're taller than 180cm ask for a comfortable bed. The same if you have problems for mobility: some rooms and baths have no easy access. Time for breakfast is quite short (it ends at 10.15).

Cory Adams is the man, part of a great staff. Good music and a fun stay !! highly recommended

• 11th Jul 2014

Thanks for your comment. I hope we will see you soon.

The little bridge to the main building was a bit rickety, but you could always go via the road, and it definitely added to the experience! The staff were very friendly and helpful, the building needs renovation and decorating but all facilities were more than adequate. A great location, easy to get around by foot, bus or bike. My first experience in a hostel for many years, and a good one, thank you.

• 10th Jul 2014

Thanks for your nice review. We so happy that you enjoy your stay. This is a big challenge for us to provide accomodation for all ages. Good price for the youth and some confort. Your possitive review is good for the heart. All the best and happy travels ;)

Great place and nice atmosphere.

Internet not working in the room, mice in the kitchen

• 3rd Jul 2014

We have 8 kitchen in our hostel. It use to be appartment building. This is usefull for guest but lot off work for us. Thank you for telling us about the mice. We will put trap in the one ratach to your room.

The Alexandrie is the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The location is great, with easy metro access and right off of Rue Ste-Catherine. The best part about this hostel, though, is the staff. They'll take you out to see the Canada Day fireworks, or a walking tour that includes some of the city's best bakeries. Next time I'm in Montreal, I will definitely stay here again.

Thanks for your nice comment. We are happy that you like our activities. We are always planning how to make our customers enjoy better Montréal. Hope see you again very soon. Alexandrie Team.

It is a good hostel in a good position. The problem is that they changed code for the door but they didn't tell us. The reception is only from 8 to 11 (it's written in the description) so if that day we had come later we couldn't have had the posibility to go inside. But the staff is nice and the position is great! Cheap for Montreal!!

Thanks for your comment. sorry that you had been worried about the code door change. Our reception is closed after 11 pm, but the night watch man answers the ring bell door all night in case of emergency.

No security cameras! Had belongings stolen in the hostel! When going to check out I noticed my locker was empty, I asked a hostel worker to please help me, as was shocked to discover my locker was now empty. The staff member calmly replied "o yes we had a break in yesterday' and walked off. I was 1 of 5 who discovered we'd had our lockers broken into and belongings stolen. I understand robberies happen, but didn't appreciate the very poor treatment from the staff who seemed unphased.

• 27th Jun 2014

I am sorry that i was not able to find the right word for you. i hope now after few days you feel better and enjoy your trip. We will consider your idea about having security cameras installed. That way we will know if the thief is a guest or someone from outside. Your suggestion to sale lock...we start today.

stayed 1 week, loved the atmosphere,staff looked after everyone also on their spare time. It felt very much like a community, everybody was very open and sociable,guests enjoyed trips together or hung out at the patio. Located excellently, vibrant area, walked everywhere. the 6 bed female dorm was basically a 4 bed dorm that shared bathroom and entrance with a 2 bed dorm. very spacious. Minus: the lockers in the lobby were broken in to,my laptop stolen, no cameras. no AC. Nevertheless: most fun

Thanx a lot for daily pan-cake service! I really enjoyed being with you and sitting on the sunny hostel terrace taking my firts coffee in the morning! Next time Montréal is neyt time Alexandire-Montréal :)! All the best for you from Katja, back in Germany

• 21st Jun 2014

Thanks from Alexandrie team

The hostel has a great location near the Bus Station, the staff is very friendly and the facilities are kept clean. It is a great place to relax and meet other travelers while staying in Montreal. Currently they are still working on the showers for the male dorms but they should be fully operational in a few weeks.

« first « Prev 1 2 3