Superb 1,731 Total Reviews
Superb 1,731 Total Reviews
Alexandrie-Montréal Located at 1750 Amherst, , Montreal.
Canada
Montreal Quebec H2L 3L6 1750 Amherst
91% 1731
45.5190828 -73.5610628
    Rooms available

26th Jul 2016

Great place, they seriously need another bathroom but can't complain for the price.

• USA, Female, 25-30
24th Jul 2016

My friend and I had a great stay in Montreal at Hostel Alexandrie. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the beds were some of the most comfortable I've had in hostels, and the room was sunny and pleasant. The location was close to the city center, and though there was noise from traffic at night, it wasn't too bad. My only complaint would be the temperature: We came in late July and the air outside and inside was hot and humid. This made it difficult to fall asleep.

• grainnemcflynn18582
  • Northern Ireland, Female, 31-40
23rd Jul 2016
7.1

Great location for exploring Montreal. Staff were helpful. Hostel was dark and lacked the usual chirpy vibe of hostels, but maybe that was the mix of people staying while I was there.

22nd Jul 2016
8.0

The hostel is really nice and the staff is very friendly, but the hostel was really too warm I found it hard to sleep in there, and my room was very dirty as well. The structure however is great, with air conditioning and a bit of cleanliness t would be perfect

• Germany, Female, 18-24
22nd Jul 2016

Staff was very nice and knowledgeable. The building is kinda old and looks fairly run down, BUT everything is clean and all facilites are there and work perfectly fine. I loved the open and easy atmosphere, people are easy to talk to and there were nice activities, like a Sangria Night and tours. All in all this is a nice and very personal hostel, I would definetely recommend it and prefer it over any chain-hostel! Thumbs up!

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
18th Jul 2016

I think here is the one of the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Staffs are nice, easy to meet people, clean facilities, good location and events every night!:) Just not very good things I didn't like are the guide for walking tour(Sam) is not very impormative. I awared she is not allowed to talk historical info, but overall she doesnt seem like she's into guiding. Hope the cattle be thrown out and get new one.. Thank you Alexsandrie Hostel!

• Hong Kong, Male, 31-40
6.9

Everything seems okay until a staff was rude (most of the staff are friendly). But I guess you get what you paid for. The building looks old and dirty but I think most of the places are pretty clean. The shower uses the push and release button so you will have to push the button every 10 seconds or so. It is pretty frustrating when washing your hair. But I guess it saves water so it depends on what your viewpoint is from.

I sorry you had a bad response from a member off our team. I always tell my staff I prefer they call sick that be impatient whit guest. Thank this review is a good teaching exemple. I hope you will come again and note next time you could book a dorm more expensive and have better shower facility. We have ensuite dormitory cad Bathroom in the dorm. Yes button shower save water but also save time because people don't stay there for hour.

9th Jul 2016

Great night at the hostel, pretty tidy with chill atmosphere. I shared a private room with a friend and got much more than expected. Our space was more like a two bedroom apartment because we had our own kitchen, living room, and bathroom, only sharing with two others staying in the opposite room who we didn't even see. Would suggest splurging on a private room! Great location near the village and bus station.

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
7.4

This hostel has the Charme of a south American one and is stuffed with friendly people. The rooms ate splitted in two times four beds in the case of an eight bed dorm. The breakfast was - hostel typical - just toast bread with jam / peanut butter but there has been to little space for all the people sitting and standing around. The equipment & beds got a bit old and we didnt got blankets which made me us my sleeping bag... Ovetall i could feel the vibe mentioned but wouldn't go there again.

• England, Male, 31-40
8th Jul 2016

Really great place. Staff were wonder, helping at every turn and making sure everyone is having a good time. Very relaxed atmosphere which made meeting people really easy. Recommended!!