Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

I stayed in this hostel for 3 days but there is really nothing to complain about. Staffs are wonderful and willing to help you all the time. Breakfast is ok. Location is also good. You can get everywhere on foot actually unless you are too lazy! I really enjoyed my stay there. I will def recommend this hostel for people who travel on a budget and want to make some friends.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Staff were helpful and genuinely nice Wifi didn't work in room on 2nd floor Hostel had all the facilities needed Most of the other guests were in groups and french or french speaking which made communication a little difficult There is a TV, games and cvs but generally there was no atmosphere in the hostel but the surroundings were nice

Staff was outstanding. Made me feel at home. courteous and efficient. Will recommend to everyone.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Ecuador

Loved this place - so easy go get around the city and close to lots of good places. The rooms and bathroom were a bit shabby but it was clean, comfortable and theasy shower was hot and powerful so I couldn't ask for more! Great value for money. Thanks!

This is a very nice and cheap hostel near to a metro station with a very friendly staff. What I would like to change is the shower and basin tap :) Also I would like to replace the shower curtain with a shower door.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Cyprus

Great place, amazing location and very helpful staff.

All staff were welcoming and very interesting people. I traveled to Montreal with intentions of improving my French, and couldn't have been happier with the amount of progress I achieved. Kader and other francophone employees were more than happy to sit down and talk with me in French. If I returned to Montreal, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• 14th Mar 2015

Such a great hostel! The rooms were so comfortable and so many nice places to hang out around the hostel. Mario cart on the tv and endless movies. The staff was AMAZING, so helpful and available as well as fun and friendly. The overall vibe of the hostel was super chill- I hope to return in the summer. ❤️✌️❤️

• 13th Mar 2015

Visited Montreal for my spring break with my girlfriend and we stayed at this hostel for a week. We had a great time and everyone in the hostel was extremely helpful and friendly. When we arrived, we were warmly greeted and given all the information we could want about the area. We got a private room and it was well kept and very clean. They even came to clean the bathroom almost every day. Staff (especially Kader) was extremely friendly and helpful. Highly recommended if you are visiting.

• 6th Mar 2015

Our stay here was much more enjoyable than we expected! My partner and I were really just looking for a private room to put our bags down while we explored the city. What we got was a very accommodating staff that has put together a really welcoming hostel atmosphere, especially for solo travellers. They had a simple breakfast available each morning and activities pretty much every night! The best part was that we got an entire two-bedroom apartment to ourselves for our entire stay! Lucky us!

Security is a concern as the lockers are located in the lobby instead of the dorms, but I was lucky to be the only one living in my room. It is spacious and the staff are very nice (always eager to introduce the tourist attractions and good food).

This was a great place to stay and I felt well taken care of. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in Montreal on a budget.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Somalia

Awesome place! All the reception guyz were very friendly !!! Great place to stay in Montreal. A few blocks from Montreal downtown. All amenities near by. Free breakfast! and even if you are late, you can go to fridge and make breakfast yourself! which is awesome! very nice place! I would definitely choose to stay here in my next trip!

The staff here are FANTASTIC! Helping with plans, chatting with us, making pancakes in the morning and offering me tea in the afternoon. The atmosphere was chill and welcoming and the staff definitely were a big part of that. Can't wait to come back again!

• 16th Jan 2015

Very spacious hostel and great staff. FREE breakfast is always a winner

the first night our roommates in one of the private rooms with the shared common space came home drunk and were singing/playing instruments at around 3 in the morning. this went on for about 10 minutes and nobody said anything to them. this was my only complaint however, and clearly it's not the fault of the hostel but just the inconsiderate nature of these guests. thanks for an awesome stay

• 30th Dec 2014

Good overall. Staff and location excellent. My only issue was that the wifi was very patchy (I stayed in a single room at back of the building so that could be why)

• 27th Dec 2014

This hostel is huge! Couches are everywhere and the employees are very friendly. Music is always playing and there is always someone who will have a beer with you. I will definitely return

• 1st Dec 2014

The hostel is in a very good position near to the metro station (5min by walk), near the bus station (5min by walk). The staff is pleasant and ready to answer at every question. The facilities is not so clean so i recommend to stay only few days. The breakfast is included in the price but it's composed basically by coffee and bread with different kind of jam.

The location is ok, just a few block from St. Katherine street and the subway.