Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

Loved this place - so easy go get around the city and close to lots of good places. The rooms and bathroom were a bit shabby but it was clean, comfortable and theasy shower was hot and powerful so I couldn't ask for more! Great value for money. Thanks!

Great place, amazing location and very helpful staff.

All staff were welcoming and very interesting people. I traveled to Montreal with intentions of improving my French, and couldn't have been happier with the amount of progress I achieved. Kader and other francophone employees were more than happy to sit down and talk with me in French. If I returned to Montreal, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• 14th Mar 2015

Such a great hostel! The rooms were so comfortable and so many nice places to hang out around the hostel. Mario cart on the tv and endless movies. The staff was AMAZING, so helpful and available as well as fun and friendly. The overall vibe of the hostel was super chill- I hope to return in the summer. ❤️✌️❤️

• 13th Mar 2015

Visited Montreal for my spring break with my girlfriend and we stayed at this hostel for a week. We had a great time and everyone in the hostel was extremely helpful and friendly. When we arrived, we were warmly greeted and given all the information we could want about the area. We got a private room and it was well kept and very clean. They even came to clean the bathroom almost every day. Staff (especially Kader) was extremely friendly and helpful. Highly recommended if you are visiting.

• 6th Mar 2015

Our stay here was much more enjoyable than we expected! My partner and I were really just looking for a private room to put our bags down while we explored the city. What we got was a very accommodating staff that has put together a really welcoming hostel atmosphere, especially for solo travellers. They had a simple breakfast available each morning and activities pretty much every night! The best part was that we got an entire two-bedroom apartment to ourselves for our entire stay! Lucky us!

Security is a concern as the lockers are located in the lobby instead of the dorms, but I was lucky to be the only one living in my room. It is spacious and the staff are very nice (always eager to introduce the tourist attractions and good food).

This was a great place to stay and I felt well taken care of. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in Montreal on a budget.

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Somalia

Awesome place! All the reception guyz were very friendly !!! Great place to stay in Montreal. A few blocks from Montreal downtown. All amenities near by. Free breakfast! and even if you are late, you can go to fridge and make breakfast yourself! which is awesome! very nice place! I would definitely choose to stay here in my next trip!

The staff here are FANTASTIC! Helping with plans, chatting with us, making pancakes in the morning and offering me tea in the afternoon. The atmosphere was chill and welcoming and the staff definitely were a big part of that. Can't wait to come back again!

• 16th Jan 2015

Very spacious hostel and great staff. FREE breakfast is always a winner

the first night our roommates in one of the private rooms with the shared common space came home drunk and were singing/playing instruments at around 3 in the morning. this went on for about 10 minutes and nobody said anything to them. this was my only complaint however, and clearly it's not the fault of the hostel but just the inconsiderate nature of these guests. thanks for an awesome stay

• 30th Dec 2014

Good overall. Staff and location excellent. My only issue was that the wifi was very patchy (I stayed in a single room at back of the building so that could be why)

• 27th Dec 2014

This hostel is huge! Couches are everywhere and the employees are very friendly. Music is always playing and there is always someone who will have a beer with you. I will definitely return

• 1st Dec 2014

The hostel is in a very good position near to the metro station (5min by walk), near the bus station (5min by walk). The staff is pleasant and ready to answer at every question. The facilities is not so clean so i recommend to stay only few days. The breakfast is included in the price but it's composed basically by coffee and bread with different kind of jam.

The location is ok, just a few block from St. Katherine street and the subway.

This is just a wonderful hostel. i like the atmosphere very much. the staff were super friendly. it has all different paintings in tis lounge:P

Super cheap. It was a very homely hostel so it was comfortable to just hang out

Great staff and atmosphere really enjoyed my stay there!

• 11th Oct 2014

We were 8 friends in a 20 people room and it was fantastic. Very clean and spacious. The living room and the kitchen were fully equipped and we met new good people there. The hostel's employees were very friendly , they explained to us a lot of places to go and were always available to help us; specially Cory, who was all the time looking after us! I would repeat the place for sure.

• 11th Oct 2014