Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

Friendly, great hostel!

You have a great place and a really fun hostel. I really love the space.

Really enjoyable. Good location and kind staffs! It was convenient to go anywhere and it's nice that they introduced sightseeing spots for us. But I don''t know why the curtain in the bathroom was translucent.....

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

Amazing free breakfast! The guy that serves it is lovely. You get toast (white or multigrain), fruit salad and pancakes! All with like 200 condiments. Yumyumyum.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

I only needed a place for a night, and I got that at this place. But wouldn't stay again. The rooms are way too small for 8 ppl. The mattress is very low quality, it's a thick mat covered in a sort of thick plastic. But the worst for me were the showers, kind of gross, it smells, and it's just a big area with sagging curtains hung around to make improvised 'stalls'... I only got 20seconds of warm water the first time I showered, and none the second. But if you need a last minute bed, it's fine.

Your are right we need to clean the urinal more often in the male commune bathroom. Note that we have 6 person dorm and also dorm whit private bathroom just for $4-5 in extra. We try to have dorm for every budget.We very sorry if the hot water was missing when you shower...We don't know what happen. We will check that.

Good memories, a great team and a lively atmosphere, without the fuss. +1 (we were couple, no problem)

Enjoyed our stay in the two private bedroom with double beds apartment setting. Shared it with others who booked a double bed suite like we did and didn't expect a great apartment either. Fun, quiet, private location. During the hot summer the bedrooms could use little window AC units. The large common area could use cooler air circulation during that time too. There were fans but it's not quite enough. If only the wifi could reach well to this sweet 3rd floor space. 4 stars from us!!

• 18th Aug 2015

Thanks for your review. We take note and, as we improve each year, at your next visit, chance are good that you will give us 100%.

Had a great time, the location was perfect and the staff was extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful. We stayed in a private room and the small apartment that we shared with two other bedrooms was far better than imagined. The balcony was a huge plus!

• 15th Aug 2015

Thank you for your review. Yes haft off our double bed room have a small balcony. The other room are cool too.

This was one of my best hostel experiences. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the hostel itself was quite nice. Huge lobby and downstairs area with high ceilings, couches, tables, TV, etc. and there was a great second floor deck where every gathered and hung out together. We got our own room with a shared bathroom, which ended up being a suite, so it was great to only share a bathroom with one other room. The area was fun and walking distance to most places. Definitely recommend!

• 14th Aug 2015

Amazing place with amazing staff. If I ever come back to Montreal I will stay there again :-)

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Not very happy with my stay. When I came in to my room, my bed was'nt ready yet. The bedsheets and pillow cases were there on my bed but they made me do it by myself. No lockers in the room, only in the lobby area. Towels are not free. No air conditioning. Breakfast are Bread, Bunch of Jams, Coffee, Orange juice and fruit salad. The only thing that I am very happy about is the location, it's very close to the gay village.

Just stayed one night in this hostal, but staff were very friendly and always keen to help you. The location is good. I stayed in the 20 bed shared room and it was okay. You can meet people. Breakfast for free!

The hostel just overall wasn't that clean, and I don't think they care. It was $20 so I can't complain too much. Atmosphere was alright as most people were social.

We stayed in a dorm with shared bathroom (cheapest option) therefore we had to use the bathrooms downstairs, which can be a bit annoying. But they have also Ensuite-rooms. The staff is really friendly, helpful and well versed with languages. We went along a guided tour through the Plateau (until it started raining, no ones fault :D), through the underground city and even made it to Mont Royal. Overall great place to stay, where you can get easily in contact with other travellers.

Great staff awesome time

• 12th Aug 2015

Great location, amazing staff!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Costa Rica

I had some problems with the hot&cold situation of the water. :) But otherwise it was a really enjoyable week in Alexandrie. :) Highly recommended for people of all ages, since everyone definitely will find company. The staff was super sweet, the lady at breakfast was absolutely helpful and nice; receptionist guys are super friendly, funny and wonderfully crazy. :D They always have something nice or funny to say to make your day and also, they are all gentlemen. :D Altogether a good choice!

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Hungary

Very friendly staff who told us everything we needed to know about the city. Good location and good for the price. It might not be as lavish as some of the other hostels in the city but its cozy and makes you feel at home. Loved the outdoor patio and the n64 with Mario Kart.

PERFECT location. Right by Berry-UQAM metro station and 15 minute walk from the bus station. In a cool neighborhood and a 20-minute or so walk to Old Montreal. Staff is so great- very friendly and helpful. The actual building itself is rundown, but it was never too concerning, just kind of what I expect from hostels sometimes. Basic breakfast, sometimes have pancakes! All in all, provides just what you need. Location and services are excellent. I had an amazing time here.

Love the energy of this hostel!! Staff was very kind, helpful, and accommodating. My flight ended up landing really late but the staff waited up for me which I really appreciated! Great location with easy access to the metro. Maybe I was lucky but all of the guests were also very friendly and nice. I came alone and made lots of new friends. Definitely a great hostel to stay at if you want to meet people to explore Montreal with!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4