Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

Good location near the bus station and walking distance to most attractions. 6 bed dorm i stayed in was split in 2 rooms and had shared bathroom. There were 6 plug sockets near my bunk bed and none of them worked. Breakfast was good and staff were friendly. Free laundry is a bonus.

I definitely come back again. Wonderful staff and awesome location. Just love it. Highly recommended!

• 18th Jun 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Hello Thank you for taking the time to put a review. We are very happy that you had à pleasant stay. Best great see you again soon

I had a great stay here! I'd been couchsurfing for a month straight so I checked into a hostel for a wee break - I picked the Alexandrie because it was cheap but it turned out to be good as well. Staff are really friendly, there's a fully-equipped kitchen for guest use, and free laundry facilities, which is awesome and super rare! Depending what kind of atmosphere you're after it might be a bit quiet but that was perfect for me.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent location, just off St Catherine near the village made it great for morning coffee, food and partying. Staff were more than helpful, and were keen to point things out and help even when they were off duty. Sangria night on Friday was a good mixer for the guests. Back part of the hostel where I stayed had separate street access which meant I didn't have to always walk through reception. However this part is under renovation and was a little dodgy to walk through in the dark.

It's a great hostel. I was well received and the staff was very friendly and well prepared. They gave me tips on how to go around the city, and were very professional. I had no problems. It's safe, clean, and has a great location. My only observation is that there is room for improvement in the breakfast. They could put more stuff there. But again, it's a great hostel (not a 5 star hotel) with a great staff.

Thank you for your nice comment :) , we appreciate your remark, we hope to see you soon :).

Great value for money! Lovely staff. Really close to the bus terminal, 10 minute walk.

Great hostel. Extremely friendly and nice staff! Upon my arrival they would show you everything about the hostel and the city so you can start your exploration in a very easy way! Spacious common area and room. What is a bit strange to me is they charge rent for the towel but the laundry is free, haha! Nice breakfast with toast and juice. The whole building is a bit dated but clean. I had a great stay here! Cheers!

Excellent staff that really take the time to ensure that your stay is enjoyable. Large common area that facilitates meeting other travelers.

Location is good and close to bus terminal. My stay is in a private room. It's quiet but old. Shared bathroom is old, too and hot water is gone night when I want to use shower. Hot shower was available next morning.

Thank for your comment. Our single bed room are old. We agree. We looking to inprove. We try to find a solution that will not increase the price. Those room are completly at the end off the building so if you the first to go to the bathroom you have to wait for the hot water. (empty 50 metre pipe). Sorry for the trouble we will put a note.

I loved this hostel. The people where extremely helpful and explained everything about the city in detail on check in. There is a security code on the front door and lockers. The common area had a good vibe and kitchen clean. Close to walking distance to Berri station which you can get to anywhere in the city from.

Thanks for your nice comment

The bathroom was a little weird with suspicious plumbing, but there was a kitchen and two separate twin rooms and since the second room wasn't booked we got the whole apartment-like place to ourselves. Very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was always the same (toast).

• 19th May 2014
  • Finland

Thank you for your opinion which allows us in ensuring correct to the best comfort to our clients.

Dude, you looking for a good time and also meeting great people along the way? Then this is the way to go!!

We had an amazing time at the Alexandrie hostel. The staff are incredibly nice and friendly, shoutout to H, Kader and Mazz. They were always making sure we were OK and even invited us to party with them. The sangria night was a great way to break the ice and get to know other people who were staying in the hostel. Staying at the Alexandrie definetely made our stay in Montreal extra special. MERCI!!!!

• 9th May 2014
  • Mexico

WThank you for your nice comment :) , we hope to see you soon :),

We stayed in the 20 person dorm area and it was really cool how the whole section was set up. We almost booked a private room but decided last minute to book the bigger dorm due to money. But we're so glad with how it worked out because the hostel was clean and had good wifi and had clean bathrooms and a cute kitchen. We definitely plan on staying there again when we go back to Montreal.

• 9th May 2014

Thank you for your nice comment :), we hope see you again :)

Wonderfull place to stay , great staff and lots of nice people who are always willing to help :)

• 3rd May 2014

This was a very nice hostel with such a nice staff. They organised activities the 2 nights I were there

• 1st May 2014

We try to have a social hostel. Thank for appreciated our effort.

It was a fantastic place, close to all the interesting neighborhoods, with clean, nice rooms and private bathrooms. The guys that work there are great; they're friendly and helpful and they make staying there fun. The atmosphere is cool and casual, making it easy to meet people.

It comes down to a really good at the hostel and in Montreal. It's definitely the right hostel if you wanna meet people through the good atmosphere and good staff. And let's not forget: breakfast is included! I've actually been to Montreal again and stayed at the Alexandrie, having an equally good time.

Close to a major metro station. Stayed in one of the private rooms and it was just like having an apartment in the city. Construction was going on outside which made the room a little loud in the morning though.

• 24th Apr 2014

Thank for your comment. The noise truck made when move back are very annoying. it was bad timing for you. We sorry. We hope see you again.

This hostel is totally awesome. Cool artwork on the walls and psuedo-decorated leaving a shabby industrial look. I liked it a lot. There was also a N64 with mariokart. Very nice people who made my stay awesome. Thanks Alexandrie-Montreal!

• 20th Apr 2014