Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

It is a good hostel in a good position. The problem is that they changed code for the door but they didn't tell us. The reception is only from 8 to 11 (it's written in the description) so if that day we had come later we couldn't have had the posibility to go inside. But the staff is nice and the position is great! Cheap for Montreal!!

Thanks for your comment. sorry that you had been worried about the code door change. Our reception is closed after 11 pm, but the night watch man answers the ring bell door all night in case of emergency.

No security cameras! Had belongings stolen in the hostel! When going to check out I noticed my locker was empty, I asked a hostel worker to please help me, as was shocked to discover my locker was now empty. The staff member calmly replied "o yes we had a break in yesterday' and walked off. I was 1 of 5 who discovered we'd had our lockers broken into and belongings stolen. I understand robberies happen, but didn't appreciate the very poor treatment from the staff who seemed unphased.

• 27th Jun 2014

I am sorry that i was not able to find the right word for you. i hope now after few days you feel better and enjoy your trip. We will consider your idea about having security cameras installed. That way we will know if the thief is a guest or someone from outside. Your suggestion to sale lock...we start today.

stayed 1 week, loved the atmosphere,staff looked after everyone also on their spare time. It felt very much like a community, everybody was very open and sociable,guests enjoyed trips together or hung out at the patio. Located excellently, vibrant area, walked everywhere. the 6 bed female dorm was basically a 4 bed dorm that shared bathroom and entrance with a 2 bed dorm. very spacious. Minus: the lockers in the lobby were broken in to,my laptop stolen, no cameras. no AC. Nevertheless: most fun

Thanx a lot for daily pan-cake service! I really enjoyed being with you and sitting on the sunny hostel terrace taking my firts coffee in the morning! Next time Montréal is neyt time Alexandire-Montréal :)! All the best for you from Katja, back in Germany

• 21st Jun 2014

Thanks from Alexandrie team

The hostel has a great location near the Bus Station, the staff is very friendly and the facilities are kept clean. It is a great place to relax and meet other travelers while staying in Montreal. Currently they are still working on the showers for the male dorms but they should be fully operational in a few weeks.

Good location near the bus station and walking distance to most attractions. 6 bed dorm i stayed in was split in 2 rooms and had shared bathroom. There were 6 plug sockets near my bunk bed and none of them worked. Breakfast was good and staff were friendly. Free laundry is a bonus.

I definitely come back again. Wonderful staff and awesome location. Just love it. Highly recommended!

• 18th Jun 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Hello Thank you for taking the time to put a review. We are very happy that you had à pleasant stay. Best great see you again soon

I had a great stay here! I'd been couchsurfing for a month straight so I checked into a hostel for a wee break - I picked the Alexandrie because it was cheap but it turned out to be good as well. Staff are really friendly, there's a fully-equipped kitchen for guest use, and free laundry facilities, which is awesome and super rare! Depending what kind of atmosphere you're after it might be a bit quiet but that was perfect for me.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Excellent location, just off St Catherine near the village made it great for morning coffee, food and partying. Staff were more than helpful, and were keen to point things out and help even when they were off duty. Sangria night on Friday was a good mixer for the guests. Back part of the hostel where I stayed had separate street access which meant I didn't have to always walk through reception. However this part is under renovation and was a little dodgy to walk through in the dark.

It's a great hostel. I was well received and the staff was very friendly and well prepared. They gave me tips on how to go around the city, and were very professional. I had no problems. It's safe, clean, and has a great location. My only observation is that there is room for improvement in the breakfast. They could put more stuff there. But again, it's a great hostel (not a 5 star hotel) with a great staff.

Thank you for your nice comment :) , we appreciate your remark, we hope to see you soon :).

Great value for money! Lovely staff. Really close to the bus terminal, 10 minute walk.

Great hostel. Extremely friendly and nice staff! Upon my arrival they would show you everything about the hostel and the city so you can start your exploration in a very easy way! Spacious common area and room. What is a bit strange to me is they charge rent for the towel but the laundry is free, haha! Nice breakfast with toast and juice. The whole building is a bit dated but clean. I had a great stay here! Cheers!

Excellent staff that really take the time to ensure that your stay is enjoyable. Large common area that facilitates meeting other travelers.

Location is good and close to bus terminal. My stay is in a private room. It's quiet but old. Shared bathroom is old, too and hot water is gone night when I want to use shower. Hot shower was available next morning.

Thank for your comment. Our single bed room are old. We agree. We looking to inprove. We try to find a solution that will not increase the price. Those room are completly at the end off the building so if you the first to go to the bathroom you have to wait for the hot water. (empty 50 metre pipe). Sorry for the trouble we will put a note.

I loved this hostel. The people where extremely helpful and explained everything about the city in detail on check in. There is a security code on the front door and lockers. The common area had a good vibe and kitchen clean. Close to walking distance to Berri station which you can get to anywhere in the city from.

Thanks for your nice comment

The bathroom was a little weird with suspicious plumbing, but there was a kitchen and two separate twin rooms and since the second room wasn't booked we got the whole apartment-like place to ourselves. Very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was always the same (toast).

• 19th May 2014
  • Finland

Thank you for your opinion which allows us in ensuring correct to the best comfort to our clients.

Dude, you looking for a good time and also meeting great people along the way? Then this is the way to go!!

We had an amazing time at the Alexandrie hostel. The staff are incredibly nice and friendly, shoutout to H, Kader and Mazz. They were always making sure we were OK and even invited us to party with them. The sangria night was a great way to break the ice and get to know other people who were staying in the hostel. Staying at the Alexandrie definetely made our stay in Montreal extra special. MERCI!!!!

• 9th May 2014
  • Mexico

WThank you for your nice comment :) , we hope to see you soon :),

We stayed in the 20 person dorm area and it was really cool how the whole section was set up. We almost booked a private room but decided last minute to book the bigger dorm due to money. But we're so glad with how it worked out because the hostel was clean and had good wifi and had clean bathrooms and a cute kitchen. We definitely plan on staying there again when we go back to Montreal.

• 9th May 2014

Thank you for your nice comment :), we hope see you again :)

Wonderfull place to stay , great staff and lots of nice people who are always willing to help :)

• 3rd May 2014