Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

This hostel is well situated very close to the bus station and about a 20 minute walk to the city centre. I stayed in a single private room, the setup of the hostel is a bit odd in that the private rooms are in a separate wing away from the dorms (I seemed to be the only one in that wing the first night), though you can still use the main facilities. Wifi did not stretch to my room which was a pain, though it's available in the main area. Breakfast was so-so, but staff were v helpful / welcoming

Great place, very comfortable bed and pillows.

The hostel staff are all incredibly friendly. They went out of their way to help me when I needed it, and even gave me a little tour of the resources they have, maps/parking advice/events, as soon as I arrived. We went on a group tour of The Plateau, set up by the hostel, and it was a lot of fun. Met a lot of good people there too. The lounge is a very social area where it's easy to meet other travelers. Good location too!

Pretty close to most places for sightseeing while quite enough for the night. A memorable night love the people here.

Great hostel, with a great community. The whole first floor is a big living room where you can cook, watch tv and just have a good time. The staff is really nice and they are often joining groups when they go out. Had a good time there.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Austria

We stayed in a 6-bed mixed dorm and used the shared bathroom. Both were pretty clean but they were separated by two flights of stairs. Staff was always helpful and cheerful. We were there in probably the hottest week of the year and the hostel had no air conditioning or fans, which made it a bit uncomfortable, but we spent most of our time out doing things any way. Montreal is a great city and this hostel has a solid location from which to see it.

• 11th Jul 2015

Friday was good- I stayed in the dormitory. It was quiet & I slept well! Saturday night was another story, a loud/large group was in the dorm who were not so considerate resulting in lack of sleep, that night. Also I asked directions- to the point Champlain bridge- from the front desk clerk. He gave very poor directions, resulting in much frustration & loss of time- it would have been better to simply have said 'I don't know'!

Hey guys and gals, This hostel is fantastic. Best I've been to in my travels. Great location with a friendly atmosphere, clean, safe and fun with a great chilled vibe. This is the place to be. You will enjoy your stay here.

• 3rd Jul 2015

In a great location close to the bus station and within walking distance to the Metro and some good staff. Its a place as a solo traveler you are never alone, people are willing to make the effort i would stay again.

• 3rd Jul 2015

This is a classic youth hostel. It is a very interesting and artsy place. The staff are excellent. They are very patient and friendly. The place has a very chill atmosphere.

Great Hostel! You can experience the real Hostel life there! great common area. Facilities and Wifi could be better though

Awesome Location. It was clean. And they were all very friendly.

• 27th Jun 2015

Amazing staff!

• 26th Jun 2015

great place and lose to the subway and st catherine street. First time I actually went out with the staff or did any activities.The place was clean also and a lot of fun

We stayed for two nights in a double room with our newborn. Everyone was really nice and welcoming.

Needing to pay to get a towel seems a bit much, especially at that price point, there are other hostels that would include it. Rooms may get a bit warm on summer nights.

The atmosphere at the hostel was pretty cool, a really interactive space. But the bedrooms (we stayed in a double bedroom with shared bathroom) require some maintenance and an overall paint job, because the walls are crumbling, giving to the guest a sensation of dirty. It was overpriced for what it was. The breakfast needs more variety, like fruits, some cheese and ham.

This was my first stay at a hostel on my trip. I've stayed in 3 more since and this one is by far my favorite. I loved the character in the massive building and the staff were amazing. It felt like home after day one and I made a lot of great friends and memories during my stay. The volunteer staff will accompany you to events like the Tam Tams, mont royal and salsa dancing to! I'll certainly be back.

• 11th Jun 2015

We had a great time! The staff was fantastic! Very pleasant staff and showed us where all the sights were on the map that were nearby. Great value and I felt at home here. I made some new friends If we come back to Montreal, we will stay here in a private room again.

• 10th Jun 2015