Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

loved this place and the staff was also amazing! !

The staff were extremely knowledgable about the area and organised fun trips and activities

Great place, great atmosphere if you want to go out. But more noisy than others places so be aware of that if you want to sleep early...

you been whit us on week end 15 may. We impose a calm period after mindnight...I will check whit my team what happen. Next time ask for a dorm at the second level. I hope we will see you again.

It was good place and very safety;) Breakfast was also good! I wanna sleep again in this hostel

Eder and the guy o the breakfast were great. The place was ok and located near to the main street, a few minutes for the old Montreal. The internet didn't work and on the second floor there was no internet at all. Also the hostel has so Many stairs and no elevator. Great place for knowing people.

Thanks for your nice comment. for the WIFI we will be happy to tell you were is the rotor. If looking at internet in your room is important for you we can suggest room near a signal. Most off the time we can move you to an other room when it's request. We have many possibility.

Excellent attention from the staff, no language issues but cleanliness can be improved (basement mainly).

Thank you for your comment. We happy that you had a nice stay. I will ask the cleaning staff to be more carefull. Our basement is very usefull for bike storerage. This also the place guest go drink when they don't want disturbe people sleeping. Keep the place clean and tidy is a challenge.

The Alexandrie is on a quiet downtown street conveniently located near the metro and intercity bus station where you can also board the 747 direct bus to/from Montreal airport. Spacious facilities, just-like-home comfort, and free group activities provided for guests add to one's sense of security. Saving the best for last, the entire staff, including check-in/out personnel and Norbert, who makes fresh crepes for everyone, set the atmosphere for a memorable stay in Montreal.

Loved my time being with your hostel. Would come again for sure. Janette

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Finland

We booked a private room for 4 and what we got was more like a little flat that we shares with another 4 bed-room. It consisted of a seperate small kitchen, a living room and a bathroom. All in all the hostel is rather clean, staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast is simple (toast, juice, jam, peanut butter) but it was fine for us. the location was good as it was a 15 minute walk to the old part of town. We enjoyed our stay!

Great place if you are on a budget, wonderful staff and clean rooms. Says 20 room dorm but its broken up into smaller rooms within that which makes it nicer. Very helpful staff would come here again!

• 23rd Apr 2015

It is a good surprise how Alexandrie-Montreal create such atmosphere like home away home. It is clean, warm, friendly, big kitchen, comfortable couches, Friday welcome party is a plus! The staffs are great, thanks for Kader help find all the information I need to get around, and bring us to hike on top of the mountain; thanks for luc did his best keep the place safe and comfortable; everyone on the team like Edar, Maxi bring good vibe, fun to this place.

I stayed in this hostel for 3 days but there is really nothing to complain about. Staffs are wonderful and willing to help you all the time. Breakfast is ok. Location is also good. You can get everywhere on foot actually unless you are too lazy! I really enjoyed my stay there. I will def recommend this hostel for people who travel on a budget and want to make some friends.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • South Korea

Staff were helpful and genuinely nice Wifi didn't work in room on 2nd floor Hostel had all the facilities needed Most of the other guests were in groups and french or french speaking which made communication a little difficult There is a TV, games and cvs but generally there was no atmosphere in the hostel but the surroundings were nice

My stay at Alexandrie was amazing! I never had so much fun in a hostel! Really nice location with nice people. I will come back, I promise!!

• 29th Mar 2015

Staff was outstanding. Made me feel at home. courteous and efficient. Will recommend to everyone.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • Ecuador

Loved this place - so easy go get around the city and close to lots of good places. The rooms and bathroom were a bit shabby but it was clean, comfortable and theasy shower was hot and powerful so I couldn't ask for more! Great value for money. Thanks!

This is a very nice and cheap hostel near to a metro station with a very friendly staff. What I would like to change is the shower and basin tap :) Also I would like to replace the shower curtain with a shower door.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Cyprus

Great place, amazing location and very helpful staff.

I have stayed at many hostels throughout Canada and Europe but this is by far the best one! The staff is extremely friendly, very helpful and genuinely wants to see you have a safe and fun experience! The dorm was extremely clean and I felt my belongings were safe at all times. The only potential downside is that the lockers are in the living room. I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone traveling in Montreal.

• 18th Mar 2015

All staff were welcoming and very interesting people. I traveled to Montreal with intentions of improving my French, and couldn't have been happier with the amount of progress I achieved. Kader and other francophone employees were more than happy to sit down and talk with me in French. If I returned to Montreal, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• 14th Mar 2015