Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

We stayed for two nights in a double room with our newborn. Everyone was really nice and welcoming.

Needing to pay to get a towel seems a bit much, especially at that price point, there are other hostels that would include it. Rooms may get a bit warm on summer nights.

The atmosphere at the hostel was pretty cool, a really interactive space. But the bedrooms (we stayed in a double bedroom with shared bathroom) require some maintenance and an overall paint job, because the walls are crumbling, giving to the guest a sensation of dirty. It was overpriced for what it was. The breakfast needs more variety, like fruits, some cheese and ham.

This was my first stay at a hostel on my trip. I've stayed in 3 more since and this one is by far my favorite. I loved the character in the massive building and the staff were amazing. It felt like home after day one and I made a lot of great friends and memories during my stay. The volunteer staff will accompany you to events like the Tam Tams, mont royal and salsa dancing to! I'll certainly be back.

• 11th Jun 2015

We had a great time! The staff was fantastic! Very pleasant staff and showed us where all the sights were on the map that were nearby. Great value and I felt at home here. I made some new friends If we come back to Montreal, we will stay here in a private room again.

• 10th Jun 2015

Good place, close to bus station and Old Montreal

• 7th Jun 2015

Very fascinating atmosphere. The only place where you'll see people playing beer pong, next to people playing Magic: the Gathering, next to people playing chess. Poor location is made up by a surprisingly comfortable night's sleep. The staff is solid and will help you with whatever you need. In addition, they also have something I've rarely seen in hostel staffs: patience. Really taking the time to explain things that are unclear. Impressed.

The men bathroom was unique, I liked it.

• 3rd Jun 2015

loved this place and the staff was also amazing! !

The staff were extremely knowledgable about the area and organised fun trips and activities

Great place, great atmosphere if you want to go out. But more noisy than others places so be aware of that if you want to sleep early...

you been whit us on week end 15 may. We impose a calm period after mindnight...I will check whit my team what happen. Next time ask for a dorm at the second level. I hope we will see you again.

It was good place and very safety;) Breakfast was also good! I wanna sleep again in this hostel

Eder and the guy o the breakfast were great. The place was ok and located near to the main street, a few minutes for the old Montreal. The internet didn't work and on the second floor there was no internet at all. Also the hostel has so Many stairs and no elevator. Great place for knowing people.

Thanks for your nice comment. for the WIFI we will be happy to tell you were is the rotor. If looking at internet in your room is important for you we can suggest room near a signal. Most off the time we can move you to an other room when it's request. We have many possibility.

Was a fine place to stay; I've even gone back a second time.

• 11th May 2015

Excellent attention from the staff, no language issues but cleanliness can be improved (basement mainly).

Thank you for your comment. We happy that you had a nice stay. I will ask the cleaning staff to be more carefull. Our basement is very usefull for bike storerage. This also the place guest go drink when they don't want disturbe people sleeping. Keep the place clean and tidy is a challenge.

The Alexandrie is on a quiet downtown street conveniently located near the metro and intercity bus station where you can also board the 747 direct bus to/from Montreal airport. Spacious facilities, just-like-home comfort, and free group activities provided for guests add to one's sense of security. Saving the best for last, the entire staff, including check-in/out personnel and Norbert, who makes fresh crepes for everyone, set the atmosphere for a memorable stay in Montreal.

Loved my time being with your hostel. Would come again for sure. Janette

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Finland

We booked a private room for 4 and what we got was more like a little flat that we shares with another 4 bed-room. It consisted of a seperate small kitchen, a living room and a bathroom. All in all the hostel is rather clean, staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast is simple (toast, juice, jam, peanut butter) but it was fine for us. the location was good as it was a 15 minute walk to the old part of town. We enjoyed our stay!

Great place if you are on a budget, wonderful staff and clean rooms. Says 20 room dorm but its broken up into smaller rooms within that which makes it nicer. Very helpful staff would come here again!

• 23rd Apr 2015

It is a good surprise how Alexandrie-Montreal create such atmosphere like home away home. It is clean, warm, friendly, big kitchen, comfortable couches, Friday welcome party is a plus! The staffs are great, thanks for Kader help find all the information I need to get around, and bring us to hike on top of the mountain; thanks for luc did his best keep the place safe and comfortable; everyone on the team like Edar, Maxi bring good vibe, fun to this place.