Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

It has everything a good backpacker's should have: a common chill-out area to meet people, a self-catering kitchen, bars around, helpful staff and sound working internet.

This was such a great lace to stay! My friend and I stayed in Montreal for 3 nights, and the hostel is in a great location It's lose toto the metro, and has many great restaurants and bars near by The staff was so friendly and welcoming! The showers and bathroom were clean. And we had a great time with the other guestsguests who were visiting Montreal. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

The staff was very helpful, took the time to give us ideas and plenty of help with what we could do in the city. Rooms were great, no problems.

• 16th Oct 2015

Greatest and funniest staff! Very friendly and helpfully! Washrooms are too old and most of toilets should be repaired. Result: For this price - everything good!

The night staff was mad at me as I arrived late. Sorry to him that I was new in town and was not sure about the metro system. It will be helpful when they can put a direction for metro too, to guide new comer navigate themselves. Other than that people were very nice . Met couple of people who was also making a weekend trip and exchange stories. Staff are nice , they clean every morning and they try to be as stealth as possible because everyone sleeps till noon 2 thums up

Pretty good placeplenty of room downstairs would stay again

• 3rd Oct 2015

My favorite hostel in the world.

• 2nd Oct 2015

This hostel gained a special place in my heart. Met so many wonderful people. The vibe is this hostel is really laid-back. I love the big kitchen area, and all the secret places in the hostel (it's huge!) I felt at home here. Please future guests be careful, you will not be able to leave any time soon.

Had a short stay over a couple of cold Autumn days, staff were great and the place had a nice atmosphere.

It's a LOVELY place!! Full of freedom and It's 100% partying hostel! if you want a quiet place, you should avoid it. The manager Fafababa was super friendly and helpful and the other staff is good enough as well. I loved staying there. I wud definitely come here again when I visit Montreal again!

Great place, highly recommend to anyone :)

Feel kind of like boy-scout camp for me. But isn't that what hostel suppose to be.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Thailand

It's an underground hostel in Montreal and it looks really nice. Trendy-Trashy-Clean place. The vibe is great. They even have a nintendo 64 to play games (they should get new joysticks though :) )

• 19th Sep 2015

I would rather pay for wifi than have free wifi that doesn't work if more than two people at the same time use it. Very annoying.

This is my single favorite hostel! Cheap price, laid-back common area, friendly staff! I'll be back!

• 10th Sep 2015

It was comfortable to stay there. Also staff were kindness and funny. And the greatest point for me was everyone can use wash machine for free.:) But little potty point was about shower which I had to wait hot water for three minutes before I took.

Perfect place for backpackers and everyone who loves a good vibe. Will definitely recommend it. Staff were AWESOME and super helpful and nice :) We wish we stayed longer!!!! Thank you for an awesome stay

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Spain

I really enjoyed my stay here, so much so that I booked an extra 2 nights here! I'm currently on a 7-month world trip and here I made friends who I travelled to Quebec City with, visited clubs with etc. this was all down to the relaxed atmosphere here. The staff are all friendly, apart from one male who seemed very rude at all times (not just an off day) but other than that, they were welcoming and fun! The price includes breakfast and you HAVE to eat Cory's pancakes! They're amazing!

Excellent deal for the price! In an excellent spot of the city located near all major tourist attractions and even has limited free street parking. The staff was fantastic, very willing to recommend local resturants and sites, and the even made a delicious pancake breakfast everyone morning. Facilities are pretty clean but it is quite loud at night so if you are a light sleeper request a room away from the lobby (but if you're like me and can sleep through anything it is not a problem).

• 3rd Sep 2015

Charming hostel with great money value. Staff very helpful and nicely located in the village. Pancake breakfast!

• 1st Sep 2015