Alexandrie-Montréal Reviews

1750 Amherst, Montreal, Canada

It is a good hostel in a good position. The problem is that they changed code for the door but they didn't tell us. The reception is only from 8 to 11 (it's written in the description) so if that day we had come later we couldn't have had the posibility to go inside. But the staff is nice and the position is great! Cheap for Montreal!!

Thanks for your comment. sorry that you had been worried about the code door change. Our reception is closed after 11 pm, but the night watch man answers the ring bell door all night in case of emergency.

No security cameras! Had belongings stolen in the hostel! When going to check out I noticed my locker was empty, I asked a hostel worker to please help me, as was shocked to discover my locker was now empty. The staff member calmly replied "o yes we had a break in yesterday' and walked off. I was 1 of 5 who discovered we'd had our lockers broken into and belongings stolen. I understand robberies happen, but didn't appreciate the very poor treatment from the staff who seemed unphased.

• 27th Jun 2014

I am sorry that i was not able to find the right word for you. i hope now after few days you feel better and enjoy your trip. We will consider your idea about having security cameras installed. That way we will know if the thief is a guest or someone from outside. Your suggestion to sale lock...we start today.

stayed 1 week, loved the atmosphere,staff looked after everyone also on their spare time. It felt very much like a community, everybody was very open and sociable,guests enjoyed trips together or hung out at the patio. Located excellently, vibrant area, walked everywhere. the 6 bed female dorm was basically a 4 bed dorm that shared bathroom and entrance with a 2 bed dorm. very spacious. Minus: the lockers in the lobby were broken in to,my laptop stolen, no cameras. no AC. Nevertheless: most fun

1 2 3 Next » last »