Alface Bairro Alto Hostel Reviews

Rua do Norte N� 98 1�ESQ., Lisbon, Portugal

Small cosy hostel in the middle of the party district in Lisbon. Good location, clean room, close to the subway (easy to get there from/to the airport), super helpful and friendly staff. You can find there backpackers' atmosphere. Parties and good, quite cheap restaurants are just around the corner.

great little hostel, felt like a share apartment with friends. right in the thick of the party suburb so quite noisy. shutting the window and wooden door should help with the noise. it was quite dead when I first for there (sun-tue), but the last 2 nights it did pick up. I would stay here again, I had fun!.

Perfect (if you wanna go party). The hostel is just above the most active night spot of the old centre, and the social area was really busy - but with a pleasant atmosphere. The staff was nice and the room was acceptably clean.

For the price we paid we had a very small room, no door for the shower, a "door" in wood for the toilet which were at the end of our bed (premium room). No intimacy which was emphasize by a window in front of a shop open until late. The breakfast was terrible. You can buy food since there is a fridge but what is included is really cheap. I don't make comment about noise because I knew when booking in Bairo Alto that it would be not quiet but for the price I expected a descent room.

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Switzerland

There are a lot of stairs to walk up from the metro, so the location is not great if you have a lot of luggage or a heavy backpack. The showers have next to no room & the doors don't shut properly & there's no space to change unless you do so in the middle of the bathroom. Only two toilets & four showers for all the females in the hostel so it was pretty crammed at times. You could definitely get something nicer for the same price. Staff were friendly & the breakfast was good.

Enjoyed my stay though only for one night everyone was welcoming and our host (pretty Belarus girl ;) was super helpful going out of her way to ensure guests were kept happy!

Nice hostel in the heart of Bairro Alto. Can get a little bit noisy until the bars close.

We paid for a double room with ensuite. The room was so small there was no where to put our bags except under the bed. The ensuite was a toilet separated from the room by a sliding panel, and the shower was in the bedroom separated only by the shower curtain. The room was hot with no air conditioning. We had to leave the window open however the window faces directly into shops and people can see straight in so there is no privacy. In a good location, but several bars close by so very loud.

the position of the hostel is perfect, like 5 minutes from the subway, near the center and last but not least, you are litterally in a street full of nice little vintage shops, bars, restaurants and pubs with live music and happy hours every night!

The staff were very nice & the bathrooms & rooms were very clean. My room was right overlooking the irish pub next door so very noisy even during the day. But its definitely right in the heart of things in baixa!

Hostel is in great location not to far from metro as well as close to great nightlife. The staff is friendly and resourceful. Gave great recommendations on where to go and what to eat. My room was clean and was great for the price. My only negative would be showers are a bit small but that's minor. Would stay here again.

The location can't be better and the hassle free check in and general getting in and out of the hostel is priceless. The use of a multi purpose key that opens all doors that you need is a must and very convenient. Would definitely stay there again the next time I visit Lisbon.

Party hostel in the middle of Barrio Alto. Awesome balcony overlooking the street. Expect it to be loud

There is no security in the rooms. Only 2 trunks in my room were ok, the other were broken. The breakfast is too poor. There is no fruit, no yogurt, no cheese, we had to buy everything. The bath was too small to take a shower and there is only one place to put our clothes. If 4 people go to take shower at the same time there is no place to everybody.

Hi , THIS IS A HOSTEL NOT A HOTEL ... WANT YOGURT AND FRUIT .... FOR 17 EUROS A NIGHT ..... plus linen , free wi-fi, free internet , 24h reception , guest's kitchen .... Alface Hostel is like staying at a friends house , NOT staying in one ..... Any way ...... We offer in our breakfast: bread , jam and butter , milk and chocolate , coffee , tea , cereals ( cornflakes and choco-flakes ) a kitchen for you. If you want more than this .... stay in a hotel best regards Bart

I totally enjoyed my stay in Alface Hostel. The stuff is amazing, the atmosphere is very cozy, the room was clean, the breakfast good, right in the heart of Lisbon. You should go there!

Good value for money, nice staff, located in a very centric area, therefore it can by quite noisy at night: nothing a pair of ear plugs can't take care of!

Loved Alface Hostel. Great vibe, location and staff. Felt at home. Had a great time also at Alface Hall. Hopefully, I'll return. Thanks all for making me enjoy Lisboa even more!!! Cheers

• 28th Jul 2014

The toilets aren´t so clean and there are no doors. The showers are too small. The staff was really friendly and the kitchen is nice. Location is perfect!

A nice place to stay, if only for a night :)

Our room (1 bed for a couple) has absolutelly NOTHING to do with the pictures. It was small, hot and noisy. There was no door for the bathroom inside, just a wooden separating thing. The cleanliness was VERY POOR, we killed a COCKROACH in the room. There wasn't place enought to everyone do the breakfast at the table. But, the location is perfect if you like to hang out.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7