Alfama Patio Hostel Reviews

Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1, Lisbon, Portugal

el hostel muy bonito y cálido. dos de los recepcionistas super amables y atentos pero otros dos con mucho mal humor y pocas ganas de ayudar o hacerte sentir cómodo, una pena porque solo eso tengo para criticar de mi estadía

WOW! Such an amazing place, stayed 12 nights and have been missing it from the moment I left. Couldn't have asked for more... the beautiful view, great location, clean, spacious rooms and comfy beds, such a perfect mix of chilled/social environment, fast wifi, good showers, full kitchen, YUM breakfast - Nastja and her pancakes ;) the friendliest staff ever (Daniel - you made everyone's stay just that little bit more special!) Can't wait to come back. Just book this hostel, you won't regret it.

Hello! We're thrilled you had such a great stay and loved having you for so long! We are glad to have fulfilled all your needs. We can't wait to see you back in Lisbon soon! You're part of the family now. All the staff say hi! :) Best regards, The Alfama Patio Family

It's amazing place with such homely atmosphere. I really love this place and spent cool time there. It's so pitty that I staied there only one night. I defenetly want to come back to Lisbon and in this case I'll stay in this hostel once again! Just remember that you have to go up the hill by cobbled streets but it's Lisbon, it's typical for it.

Hello, Thank you for your perfect review! We are glad you felt right at home with us :) We're sad you only stayed one night, but we can't wait to see you again soon! Best regards, The Alfama Patio Family

Very nice hostel. Alfama is a nice district and alfama patio is like a home. Not too many people here which is smooth ! Rooms are a little bit noisy but everything else was great !!

Hello, We are glad you enjoyed the hostel and the area of Alfama so much! We are glad you felt right at home. Hope to see you again soon! :) Best regards, The Alfama Patio Family

The hostel is beautiful! There is a wonderful view out to the river from their rooftop patio with lots of comfy seats to sit and enjoy it. It was a very relaxing place to hang out and recuperate from too much time between holidays.

I had a great stay at the Alfama Patio Hostel! The location was BEAUTIFUL and made me feel as though I was living in genuine Lisbon rather than a place made solely forfor tourists. The staff was very helpful and kind and interested in spending time with hostellers. The facilities were wonderful, I particularly liked the kitchen, I felt very safe and I also felt my things were safe. I looklook forward to coming back one day soon! Thank you!

• 24th Nov 2015

Room was clean and cozy, but expensive for such a small room.perfect that the tram line 28 is right in front of it, but if you want a quiet place during the day, this isnt for you. But the windows are pretty tight. BBQ night was very nice and loads to eat, and drink. I would come again, since its off the touristy area, but close enough to walk anywhere!

two brits had an excellent time here, were were catered for completely and met some really great people whilst here for the weekend! pancake breakfast was a nice touch and would tecommend the walking tour, it really gave us a feel for the city from day 1 :) would recommend to anyone looking to stay in lisbon

• 19th Nov 2015

Nice place, nice people, I'll go back there.

I loved Alfama Patio Hostel, my 2nd time staying,last time was in 2012 and I got the same great experience. The 2 Johannas were very nice and one of them helped me print my boarding pass...I want to mention Rob the volunteer,he was cool and always had the kettle on for a cuppa!!!..Sintra tour and the Caba da Roca cliffs was a great tour...I love the old town Alfama and Lisbon is a great city...I hope to be back for a 3rd time!!!! Thanks Alfama.

It felt like home :)

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Austria

I was very lucky in this hostel that I stayed during my trip. Overall it was comfortable, spacious, clean and with a very caring and professional staff. This hostel also had great location. The breakfast was really nice as well. I had a great time there.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. The breaks at and dinner was delicious. However, I had a private room on the top floor and the two bathrooms on that floor were not cleaned during the 4 days I was there. The walking tours, pub crawl and Sinatra tour offered were fabulous!

This hostel provided a very beautiful and comfortable atmosphere. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful, and the rooms were great as well. The upstairs and downstairs patios were particularly beautiful, especially with the view upstairs. My friend and I would definitely stay again!

Wonderful place, wonderful people and a good breakfast ;-)

Alfama Patio Hostel looked like it had potential so I booked a shared room. Little did I know I was about to meet great people and have nothing but a pleasurable experience. It's very clean. There's a kitchen. They offer dinner for a reasonable price. They have tours and daily events. Not only that but you are allowed to visit their other locations! Great experience all around!

• 1st Oct 2015

This place was good, don't get me wrong, but there were two things I was not happy with: the staff (except Bruno), and the clutter! Let me start off with the clutter; this hostel is NOT spaced out. In fact, they pride themselves in being a traditional "Alfelma" house...in that case, they should not have random pieces of furniture stuck throughout the hostel! Sorry, I really don't like clutter. Staff was just OK. To be honest, they came off as a little snobby. I ran into 4, and only one was nice

Noy bad if was cheaper I've booked for a single room i paid 32€and they put me on the top floor which you a have a nice view but is almost impossible to get there using the stairs and I'm really athletic guy, room was very tiny so yes the only good thing was Bruno which his excellent but the rapport quality/price is not very good.

• 18th Sep 2015

Great hostel for the money. Alfama is known as one of the safest parts of the city. Great location to walk to other parts of the city. Good breakfast. Unbelievable views on the balcony. Would absolutely recommend.

Loved the homemade dinners and met many wonderful people. Very fun place for all ages!