Alfama Patio Hostel Reviews

Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1, Lisbon, Portugal

The most important fact first: we loved or hostel as much as our holiday in Lisbon and definitly recommend to stay here. Our double bedroom was clean, the bed a little too narrow though (max 140cm) for friends sharing a bed. Toilett and shower were super small, but clean. Be aware you are likely to climb some steep, narrow staircases.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Austria

Great staff, lovely rooms with curtains on the beds for a little private atmosphere... fresh pancakes in the morning aand a great view from the roof terrace

• 14th Aug 2015

A really good place to stay if you are looking for somewhere quiet. The staff were all very kind and helpful. The rooms were clean, as were the toilets and the four shower rooms. I was a solo traveller, and I wanted to meet more backpackers my age, so I moved to a different hostel, but I would definitely reccomend APH if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing place to stay while in Lisbon.

Loved my stay at the alfama patio hostel! Everything was perfect! Room was super clean, the terrace was awesome and the location was great!

• 3rd Aug 2015

Charming place in original part of town with roof-terrace and beautiful view limited in space, esp. the rooms, tram 28 sounds like passing through green room no.4.

If you're planning on cooking much, you should know that the stove only has one burner truly works and you'll have to let the person cooking the hostel dinner have priority. Should be improved!

• 26th Jul 2015

If you have problems with stairs ans steps this is not the right place for you. Beside that everythongeverything isis good In this hostel. Très bonne auberge sauf si vous avez de gros bagages a faire monter dans les escaliers.

Great Hostel - very nice breakfast, free coffee all day long, beautiful patio and common room, clean rooms and bathrooms, good atmosphere, staff extremely nice and helpful (they also speak great english), and a shuttle to the airport for 12 euro.Located in a great area of Lisbon but can be hard to find/get to by car, so read their directions carefully! Only complaint was that there was no hot water, could have been just bad luck the day I was there though. Would 100% stay there again.

This hostel is perfect !! Really nice place, well decorated, a wonderful patio, a great terrace with a nice view. The bathroom is well clean, the breakfast was delicious, with the crepes with cinnamon on it !! The atmosphere and ambience are friendly. And the people who hold the hostel are so nice and helpful !! Plus there are even cute guys...

• 24th Jul 2015

Really beautiful hostel in great part of town. Staff were mostly friendly and laid back. The three connected hostels are really amazing at creating a great atmosphere and organising all kinds of different social events so it's really easy to meet people. Beautiful rooftop patio and access to the other hostels with a pool and chill out areas. Great place to stay especially for solo travellers.

Marvelous place, delicious breakfast!

• 16th Jul 2015

Great atmosphere with really friendly and helpful staff. Great terrace and outdoor area to relax. Would definitely recommend staying here to anyone visiting Lisbon. Only downside were the slightly cramped bathrooms with weak showers.

I loved this hostel! Really cool vibe, and intelligent people on the desk; great breakfast, great rooms. One of the best hostels I've visited in Europe.

There were flies in the garden area near the kitchen.....this was due mainly to rubbish bins (with food waste). The floor of the dorm room that I was in could do with more regular cleaning / vacuuming, there was dust in the corners. The hostel is in a great location (very scenic) on top of a hill......very hard to reach, up very steep cobblestone alleys, but the prize was the view from the hostel. The Alfama area is, to me, Lisbon. Real Portuguese still live and work here.

The staff here are SO lovely and SO helpful!! I was asking questions all the time, moving rooms and booking beds for my friends and they were always happy to help!! They have food available and a beautiful patio and fast wifi!! Loved it !! Tours are awesome too!! Would definitely come back :)

• 2nd Jul 2015

Nice hostel, great location, heaps of storage space & rooms lock. Comfy beds & pillows and rooms have fans. Delicious breakfast & great cooking facilities. In a nice area close to everything. The only negative thing I could say about the experience was the unfriendly staff member who worked throughout the day. Apart from that our stay was nice and I would recomend the hostel to others.

This hostel is amazing the street art tour is the best your I've been on in Europe I had great time in Lisbon and can't wait to go back.

one of my favorite hostels in Lisboa, close to the Fado and the town, awsome breakfast and cosy atmosphere. Be prepared to have trams, garbage trucks and people racketing infront of your window though.

This is the perfect hostel if you want beautiful views, quiet, and the option of planned activities. It is also connected to two other hostels in Lisbon and you can use their services so that is nice. If you want a more social/party atmosphere I would recommend their hostel in Lisbon with the pool. The staff was great and it was nice to have the option for tours. We did the Fado night out and it was really lovely.

we stayed for two nights in mixed dorm. bathrooms were quite small but other than that we had a good stay. hostel is in a lovely area and very close to sao vicente and the caste. breakfast was really good and we also really enjoyed sitting on the terrace relaxing in the evenings.

« first « Prev 1 2 3