Alfama Patio Hostel Reviews

Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1, Lisbon, Portugal

Just the most amazing place great staff, breakfast, and love the additional services. While backpacking through Europe I changed my stay from 4 nights to two weeks because I loved everything about staying here. Book at this hostel it's absolutely perfect and ranks as my favourite hostel in Europe.

The best Hostel I stayed in Lissabon. 2 very nice terraces, one of them in a yard with shadow, so perfect to eat the excellent breakfest there (including fresh pancakes). Staff very nice. Definetly will go back there.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Austria

As good as always, 3rd time staying here. Very helpful receptionists, great facilities, and i like the location too, even tho its a bit of a climb. In case thats an issue, you can always grab a cab/tram.

A super sweet and nice hostel! Very original and cute decoration, staff is nice and friendly, nice garden and nice terace with a view over Lisbon, good breakfast with pancakes, bread, cereals, fruits etc. Organisation of tours in and around Lisbon that can be booked. I would alwazs go there again!

• 17th Jun 2015

Loved the staff and the cleanliness of the whole hostel. This is well desired hostel and it's clear why there's nothing to not enjoy.

Top stay, tree house bunks were awesome!! Never taking the wrist band off.

• 14th Jun 2015

Amazing place. Strongly recommended.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia

The location is quite nice, not very near to the center but in a nice neighbourhood in the old town. I booked a private room to have a bit more comfort after a long trip, but i didn't really enjoy. The room was so small, the bed didn't even fit in. A lot of the furniture was broken (staff said it was vintage, well you can find vintage stuff that is not broken i guess). The bathrooms are only shower cabins, very small as well, and with bad air circulation, they were always smelly.

• 10th Jun 2015

The people at this hostel were sincerely nice and helpful people. I really enjoyed my stay overall. I highly recommend!

This was my second time at alfama patio hostel and it delivered yet again. My mum and I stayed here and had the most relaxing time. The patio is beautiful, the staff are very helpful and friendly (particularly Bruno and Oscar), just a super chill vibe all around. The hostel is in a charming, non-touristy neighbourhood a short walk away from the centre, facilities were very clean, and though it is a mellow hostel, definitely opportunities to party if that's what you're looking for. A+!

The position is perfect: in the middle of the Alfama. The staff guys are nice and freindly. The atmosphere is fantastic: there is always some activity organized for the guests. There is a terrace with a great river view and also a guitar!!!!! :D .....i definitely cannot find defects to this hostel!!!!

We just wanted to say thanks! Top quality hostel! Super nice people. Really cool layout. Right in the middle of all the action and fado. Nicest and sweetest cleaning ladies!!! We had a supreme time - we got shushed at night for drinking and talking too loud though but overall extremely pleasant. Would recommend 10/10.

• 1st Jun 2015

My fave hostel I've stayed at so far in Portugal!! Love the location and the view from the patio. I felt at home! Plz stay here! Old town is breathtaking!

Lovely garden, nice roof terrace, lovely sphere

• 24th May 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you for helping me to have a great trip to Lisbon. Highlights were the street art tour, the daily pancakes for breakfast, and the new friendships I made.

We absolutely loved this hostel. Amazing setting, lovely rooms and dorms, friendly and helpful staff, and great value for money. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Lisbon. The only small issue was that the shower in the bathroom by room 7 didn't work very well. Everything else was amazing!

• 14th May 2015

Alfama Patio Hostel is great !!! Environment fantastic, the reception guy was super friendly. Good breakfast with the morning sun. An experience you want to repeat.

The hostel was really nice. The dorm rooms were a bit small and the ensuite bathroom even smaller. We didn't have light in the bathroom for two days. Breakfast was great. Staff was quite friendly. The location was ok, especially if you like fado.

Overall an OK hostel, nice outside spaces, a good breakfast and organising excursions etc. But I was expecting something better of a top Lisbon hostel. There was a booking mix up, not too professional but nice staff,top bunk bed is difficult to climb to and has no curtain but there is a small safe and a light nearby. Generally gave me a run down impression, there was a wire and nail hanging from the wall next to my bed, garbage and flies in the entrance and a very steep 15 min walk from metro.

« first « Prev 1 2 3