Alfama Patio Hostel Reviews

Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1, Lisbon, Portugal

Had a great Time in Alfama

Loved the full breakfast, and everyone was very helpful.

Friendly staff, beautiful views, hot crepes for breakfast, what more could you ask for? Pedro's walking tour was ace!

I loved being here because of the great people I met. The staff was very helpful and there was very good relaxing and happy-making music all day long :) I you love mediterranien cities, here is the right place to stay.

A hostel nestled amongst the more residential part of Lisbon- this place is exactly where you should stay if you want to really feel like you're in Lisbon. It was relatively quiet, guests wise, when I stayed although it is off-peak season.. Definitely the place to be in the summer! The rooftop patio is all you need when the sun is shining and the staff are genuinely lovely. Definitely take the opportunity to go on the Sintra tour as well. Thanks for a great stay guys! - Abbey

Excellent and generally very helpful staff! Definite recommendation. If you wonder where to stay in Lisbon: choose Alfama, and there the Alfama Patio Hostel!

• 20th Mar 2014

Lovely hostel. It's perfect to relax because of the roof terrace and the atmosphere was nice, too. The staff is really cool and openminded. Great area (Alfama). My favorite in Lisbon.

Excellent location in the Alfama and right at tram stop. An old hostel but very clean and with a fantastic atmosphere. Patio and outdoor covered area were excellent plces to enjoy a meal or a drink with fellow travellers. Marissa's pancakes for breakfast we're memorable for all the right reasons and we all had a laugh with Carlo on his first attempt. Staff Joanna, Carlo, Lukis and Joao were all fantastic. Loved Lisbon and would return to Alfama Patio Hostel for sure

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I went there alone and meet soooo nice people from everywhere (Bulgaria, Australia, Germany, Switzerland, France and so on) Staff is awsome and so helpfull. you can ask them everything.They offer full services. Patio and terrasse are incredible specialy when the weather permit it otherwise you have places with heaters. Alfama's quarter is exsceptional. You can take the mythic tram 28 and go straight to the city centrer I absolutly recommend it !!! Gabrielle from Belgium

I strongly recommend this hostel. First, the fee - only 13 euro for one person at a six bedroom. It is really cheap price in westen europe. Second, delicious breakfast - breakfast is included and it is really decilious. Third, friedly staff - staff is really kind and good. He knows how to make people get smile. Fourth, free downtown tour - hostel provides a free tour. Fifth, good facilities and service - hostel provides several service (dinner, fado) and I was able to use every facility.

Absolutely my fave hostel anywhere. Best location, best staff, best atmosphere. We stayed in an 8 bed ensuite room and it was perfect. The crepes were soo good, can't think of one bad thing about this hostel. Would love to come back here.

Alfama Patio was the best hotel i had the chance to stay at ! Lovely friendly staff, from the first minute you feel like you're at home.It is located in a beautiful part of the city with amazing view from the terrasse. Best breakfast ever with a choice of crepes, bread, fresh fruits etc. I liked a lot joining the tours proposed everyday , meeting great open-minded travellers.It is a place too good to miss and would advise evrybody to get there at least once in there life.

• 12th Mar 2014

The stuff is super helpfull and really nice. The breakfast is the best I've ever had in a hostel (fresh pancakes) and the view over the sea from the terrace is amazing.

• 8th Mar 2014

Best Hostel I have stayed in till now! Great location, very homely atmosphere and amazing breakfasts everyday. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and you actually miss this awesome place once you leave Lisbon! I recommend Alfama Patio!

Probably one of the greatest hostel in Lisbon. We stayed there with my friends for 3 days, and participate to some of the events organized there. Really cool place, amazing atmosphere and really nice staff. Breakfast on the terrasse, chilling in the living-room...

The staff were super wonderful and friendly. It was everything I could have hoped for.

• 4th Mar 2014

One of the best Hostel we've visited. The staff is pleasant, decoration is nice and the breakfast is delicious!

Great hostel with very friendly staff, convenient location and an awesome view from our private room. 15 minutes walk from the train station so dont even bother trying to figure out the busses. It's up the hill, cobblestones and some stairs and we got lost in the narrow streets maze at first (bring a map!) but it was worth the exercise. Shared bathrooms were fine and we never encountered any collision (were there off-season though). I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Lisbon!

All was perfect

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Wonderful crepes for breakfast, friendly staff, patio with a view, fun activities: walking tours and tri hostel BBQ/pub crawl, very clean, upgraded my group to another room for free.

• 13th Feb 2014