Fabulous 1,527 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,527 Total Reviews
Alfama Patio Hostel Located at Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1, Lisbon.
Portugal
Lisbon 1100-213 Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1
89% 1527
38.7130659 -9.1290056
    Rooms available

• Germany, Female, 18-24
8th Apr 2016

Great hostel with a good location! The staff was really nice and since there was someone at the reception 24/7, you could always ask if there was a problem. Everyone was really helpful. The hostel offers a lot of activities to do in Lisbon, so you won't be bored. I'd recommend the hostel to everyone :)

8th Apr 2016

La pase muy bien en este hostel. Diogo y Bruno me ayudaron mucho y fueron muy buenos conmigo en cuanto a hablar de mis planes d viaje y como encontrar ciertas cosas, como restaurantes o cajeros automaticos. Tmb me dejaron practicar un poco el portugues! Me quedaria otra vez en el hostel si estuviera en Lisboa, porque me encanta el barrio tmb. La unica cosa que no me gustaba mucho es que no me senti muy bien con el atmosfero social--habia gente q parecia no tener ganas de conocer nuevas personas.

4th Apr 2016

Nice hostel in the heart of old town, very charming place with character.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
27th Mar 2016

Brilliant hostel! Friendly staff, nice clean spacious rooms with safes and storage that you could lock, fantastic location, excellent breakfast and the hostel itself is fantastic. It's in a great location close to the centre of Lisbon but not too busy and noisy, and the outside patio was lovely to sit out on and relax. Next time I visit Lisbon (and I definitely want to return) I'll definitely be staying again at the Alfama Patio.

• LivKirstine
  • Denmark, Female, 25-30
23rd Mar 2016
3.7

When i arrived to the hostel they didn't have my booking. That can happen, but the guy at the reception was kind of rude and didn't really want to help me, or give me my, almost 30 euros, back that I payed because I booked for a week.

• USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Mar 2016

Very clean, pleasant atmosphere, very helpful and nice staff.

25th Feb 2016
8.0

Pros: The hostel is very pretty and cosy with a terrace/balcony, a nice decorated interior (reception) and the wooden fairytale beds in the rooms. However the common room near the reception is very small so it is better for summer time. Cons: Breakfast could be better for that price (some cheese and/or ham). Staff was unable to give me local information. Rooms had no space for personal belongings and my locker was a wooden box-cupboard. Bathroom was too small.

15th Feb 2016

This is a great hostel: fabulous location & facilities (in a historic Alfama building with a terrace), knowledgeable & friendly staff, and a nice atmosphere. The best part, though, was the great-value €9 3-course dinner that a local woman cooked just for us! You won't regret your stay here - but just FYI a map app on your phone helps a lot when you're trying to find the hostel on those windy Alfama streets.

Hello, Thank you for the great review! Glad you loved the home cooked Portuguese food! We hope you visit us again soon! :) Kind regards, The Alfama Patio Family

• Canada, Mixed Group, 41+
14th Feb 2016

This was the best of the 10 hostels we stayed in during our trip to Europe. The rooms are cozy and the living room really feels like a living room, not a common room. The interaction between staff and guests was incredible, and the staff were so helpful. The neighbourhood also had so much character, a very old-world charm. One imagines that the neighbourhood and residents are much the same as they were a century ago.

Thank you for the perfect review! We are thrilled you felt right at home during your stay, and that you loved the charm of our hostel. We hope you come visit us again soon! :) Best regards, The Alfama Patio Family

• Germany, Female, 25-30
14th Feb 2016

A quick walk to the centre and located near many of the sights. It is a quieter place to stay with a nice terrace overlooking the sea (river). Many rooms have a sea view which is very nice. The breakfast was very good with fresh pancakes and many trips and activities are offered together with other hostels.

Hello! Glad you loved your stay and the breakfast! Thank you for taking time to leave us a great review! Come back any time :) Kind regards, The Alfama Patio Family