Alfama Patio Hostel Reviews

Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1, Lisbon, Portugal

Thank you for helping me to have a great trip to Lisbon. Highlights were the street art tour, the daily pancakes for breakfast, and the new friendships I made.

We absolutely loved this hostel. Amazing setting, lovely rooms and dorms, friendly and helpful staff, and great value for money. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Lisbon. The only small issue was that the shower in the bathroom by room 7 didn't work very well. Everything else was amazing!

• 14th May 2015

We stayed in the 6ppl dorm n the room looks good with 2 big windows, and u hv big drawers to put your stuff(but u need to use your own lock, or probably can borrow from the hostel). It's close to lots of restaurants and attractions, and close to the flea market which is open on saturday(&tue). For the money we paid we even get breakfast with fresh fruit/pancakes/bread, what more can we ask for?

Alfama Patio Hostel is great !!! Environment fantastic, the reception guy was super friendly. Good breakfast with the morning sun. An experience you want to repeat.

The hostel was really nice. The dorm rooms were a bit small and the ensuite bathroom even smaller. We didn't have light in the bathroom for two days. Breakfast was great. Staff was quite friendly. The location was ok, especially if you like fado.

Great cosy little place that's tucked away in old town! There's a patio with a view and really friendly staff :) it is a little out from the main sight seeing area but if you follow the team tracks down it takes like 10-15 mins not a big deal at all!

This hostel was located in such a lovely spot, having breakfast (yummy free pancakes!) on the patio in the sunshine with a view over alfama was so nice. The famous tram route that everyone does #28 when they visit Lisbion goes right past the front door, and the staff were very friendly and helpful too, I missed my flight on the Friday and had to cancel at short notice, they were so great and didn't charge me! Would highly recommend! Only wished I could have stayed longer :)

This would have been perfect if I was looking for a Bed & Breakfast type place. Very friendly and quiet atmosphere, I would recommend it to couples or those not looking for a typical hostel atmosphere. I am a solo traveler, and I didn't feel like it was very easy to meet people, although they do activities with the sister hostels so I was able to meet people staying elsewhere. It was very nice, just not exactly the more social atmosphere that I was looking for :)

I only stayed here one night, arriving in Lisbon super late. It's not easy to find in the dark, but I passed the hostel a few times when I was just exploring the city, so once you get your bearings you should be fine. The staff is amazing and makes you feel like the hostel is home. Breakfast is great: crepes with jam/butter/Nutella and some fresh sliced fruit. Also, espresso machine 24/7! Loved the private hobbit hole beds, and the atmosphere was super chilled (a good break from partying).

Great place to stay, right in the heart of the prettiest district of Lisbon. The BBQ and sangria night was awesome. Each bed has its own locker, nice showers, excellent pancake breakfast....

Great views from the hostel. Good breakfast in the morning and dinner you can buy in the evening for cheap. Staff was very friendly and offered many activities. Rooms were decent but something about the way water runs through the pipes makes a squealing noise so wear earplugs to keep from being woken up whenever anyone flushes a toilet. You have access to their partner hostel facilities which was an awesome way to meet more people or to get off your feet when across the city.

Wonderful hostel, great staff, lovely location and amazing breakfast! The rooftop has a beautiful view, and the atmosphere is awesome. Loved the place, will definitely come back. I'm a girl travelling alone. The neighborhood felt safe at night, and the female dorm is great.

Loved the quirky character of the place, especially the hobbit hole style bunk beds! The whole style and decor of this hostle was so cute and artsy. Will consider coming back here for longer next time!! Very helpful and friendly staff. Loved that there were fresh crepes for breakfast! It was a great place with great service. Definately a hidden gem :)

• 24th Feb 2015

Great hostel in lisbons oldtown alfama. The old tram 28 passes directly in the street. Besteht was the terrace with wonderfull view onto the tejo river. Breakfast is With fresh fruit, pancakes and grand choice. Wie really loved it

• 24th Feb 2015

This hostel was the highlight of our week in Portugal. We actually re-routed our trip so that we could return to this hostel for 3 extra nights---There was always something fun going on, and the atmosphere was so welcoming! The crepe breakfasts on the sunny terrace are to-die-for.

A very pleasant stay in that hostel. Thanks everyone !

• 19th Feb 2015

Fantastic hostel in the beautiful Alfama district. Great staff, very helpful. Cozy lounge area, very nice garden and a terrace with a stunning view over Lisbon. Everything for an extremely good price. Highly recommended!

• 14th Feb 2015

I love this hostel! its a but hard to find, and climbing the hills of Lisbon can be difficult with luggage, but it's worth it!!! The staff are great and helpful, the rooms are cute and comfortable, and there's plenty of options for socializing, but things quiet down around midnight if you want to sleep. Last, and definitely not least, the breakfast is AMAZING. Fresh fruit, bread, jam, and pancakes! Also ask about Ti Natericia restaurant, its super close by and delicious :)

Excellent place in Alfama, very clean and cosy, and with helpful staff. What's not to like? Well, the bathrooms are marginally bigger than your backpack...

The staff was wonderful, I was sick and they got medicine for me, I felt like it was far from the city center and nightlife and very easy to get lost in the twists and turns of the Alfama. It would have been easier to get around if you were staying at the destination hostel or sunset their sister hostels. But it was otherwise a pleasant stay