Alfama Patio Hostel Reviews

Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1, Lisbon, Portugal

My stay in Alfama Patio was great. Staff was nice, especially Lucas. Great terrace! Met a lot of great people there. Tours offered like Street Art Tour with Ziga and Sintra Tour with Pedro were great.

Cool, chilled out hostel with a cool vibe. Great terrace and beds were very comfortable. Only complaint is that the Internet was bad, even when no one else was there during the day.

I deffinately reccomend this hostel if you are a lonely traveller or enjoy meeting people from throughout the world. The hostel organizes events (pub crawl, bbq, trip to Sintra, bike tours,Fado outings,..) which were very helpful to me, as I was travelling without a set plan. The main draw back is that it's small (and cozy), and I would add more fruit to the breakfast. They have another 2 hostels which are bigger and you can enter and use their faccilities. ThankstoLucas, Joana and Daniel (staf

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Spain

I travelled Spain and Lisbon for a month and this was definitely one of the best hostels!

The hostel is situated in a really nice area, where you can either take the historical tram 28 or explore Lissabon by foot. The staff is really helpful and the overall atmosphere is just great (BBQ nights, etc.). I can really recommend Alfama Patio, I am sure you will enjoy your stay there!

very nice atmosphere, I enjoyed my short stay a great deal ;)

- bathroom is a little small - excellent breakfast - staff is very nice

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Location: is actually excellent, just that the room was very noisy with the passing trams (bad insulation). Cleanliness: the room smelled after old parfume (the grandma-type) they took out a mobile cupboard that was smelling badly like that, but it was also in the curtain, that couldn't be removed. Value: Room was very small for the 60 euro's per night, hardly to put stuff anywhere (since they took the smelly cupboard). Atmosphere was fine, easygoing, not too busy and fine facilities

• 21st Aug 2014

This was my second stay at alfama patio. There will be many more. This is my favourite hostel to date in Lisbon. Generally hostels in Lisbon are very good, this one is double plus very good - get in there you saucy little minx shamalamadingdong. Hope that makes sense. Boutique/vintage vibe, cosy, friendly, light airy rooms. I recommend this without doubt.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Wales

I really liked my stay with Alfama Patio Hostel. It's well designed, staff are really helpful, nice breakfast, as for me it's centrally located. Can't say anything bad. Thank you guys for everything!

Best hostel we have stayed at, a little expensive 22 per night but worth it for a short visit. Staff were lovely and great atmosphere, cheers guys!

• 16th Aug 2014

Beautiful place to stay, pretty nice people and delicious pancakes for breakfast :)

A hostel located in the Alfama with wonderful views (terrace on the roof !) on the Tejo and the barrio of Alfama. Nice stuff, cosy and familiar atmosphere. Very recommendable. Next time I'll go to Lisbon, this is going to be my 1st address when I need a hostel. They have 2 single rooms too. Breakfast buffet in the kitchen.

• 4th Aug 2014

Nice place, amazing location in the Alfama neighbourhood. Breakfast is very good, staff is nice. 24 hour reception, shuttle to the airport 24 hours. I had a nice stay!

• 26th Jul 2014

As the tram is going the hostel, depwbding on where your room is it can get loud in the morning!

• 25th Jul 2014