Alfama Patio Hostel Reviews

Escolas Gerais, 3, Patio dos Quintalinhos 1, Lisbon, Portugal

Beautiful Hostel. The staff were incredible and went out of their way to make my stay perfect. Every morning a beautiful breakfast was prepared with pancakes, fresh bread and juices! The dinners were superb and the atmosphere was one of homeliness.... the perfect place to relax after a day exploring the city. I have never stayed in a better hostel nor met kinder people than the city of Lisbon.

Lovely staff, very helpful people. Very clean facilities and lovely breakfast! Numerous public transport options available i.e. historical streetcar line no. 28 stops right in front of the doorstep. Very tidy place! Will definitely go there again.

Incredible hostel, the staff is very helpful and gave us lots of great restaurants and places to visit. Their breakfast is probably one of the best I have ever had in any hostel : you get pancakes in the morning, which are delicious! The rooms are clean, you can even get a small locked up space to put all your valuable belongings. The bathroom is quite clean. I loved the atmosphere and the decoration in this hostel and I will definitely try to come back!

Staff are first-rate. My stay was in January, and I wouldn't recommend it for winter as there isn't enough communal space inside; I'd say spring/summer/autumn only. Not enough bathrooms/toilets.

Best Hostel ever! Great staff and wonderful location!

• 10th Jan 2014

In single word: GREAT

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Sri Lanka

ONe of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Not only because of the location, the cleanliness or the facilities, but also for the staff. They were really friendly, helpful and lovely. We loved the city because we found a lot of people like André or Carolina, who made our stay so easy and happy. The New Year's Eve Party was awesome as well. I'd definetely come back.

Absolutely amazing hostel. Firstly the recepcionist and all the staff were superkind with us, secondly the atmosphere was awesome because everybody were very open-minded and funny; and finally our group really loved the breakfast, particularly the crepes. =)

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Very very good muito muito bom!!!!!!

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Portugal

This place is just so amazing. Cozy and sweet, wonderful views, super friendly staff and the most amazing pancakes in the morning. It isn't massive, but feels more like a home. I only stayed a night and wish that I'd stayed there much much longer. Note: walking there with heavy bags is not worth the money saved - take the tram!

Every night portuguese dinner for 9€. We loved it1

• 18th Nov 2013

Pros: Good breakfast. Girls at reception were very helpful. Very clean. Cons: On hill so it's gonna be problem if you are tired or with heavy luggage.

Many thanks to the staff, Juana and Carolina in particular. I was treated like a sister :)

• 15th Nov 2013

Enjoyed my stay,staff excellent

I want to single out the man with the beard (I think his name is Eric) who works reception in the afternoon for exceptional service. I booked the fado tour and there was a problem, the guide did not arrive to collect me. Eric not only refunded my money, but took me, and one other guest, on his own time to a fado club. Myself and the other guest were the only foreigners at the club. Experiences such as this are the reason I travel. Thanks so much for a great stay.

Helpful friendly relaxed atmosphere, comfortable bed and great breakfast.

• 13th Nov 2013

I've been to 13 countries, staied in many different hostels and this is by far the best experience I've had. The staff becomes like family and the atmospher overlooking the water can't be beat. They even had a huge BBQ and it turned into my favorite night, filled with delicious food, good conversation, dancing and sangria. A cheap hostel that I would have paid double to stay in.

• 7th Nov 2013

I have traveled around the world and I know several hostels, but no-one like Alfama Patio Hostel. You will enjoy a lot, for sure. The staff is absolutly amazing and the fecilities are excellent. Alfama Bairro is also the best location for testing the local culture. I absolutly recomend this hostel.

We traveled there with a group of people and had a really good time! The place is perfect to hang out and discover Lisboa at the same time. The breakfast was really good - the best one I got in a whole month traveling in Portugal and Spain! I even stayed for two more nights in Alfama as I felt so comfy there

This is the best hostel I've ever been to, with the most amazing staff.