Alfred Park Budget Accommodation Reviews

207 Cleveland Street, Redfern 2016, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Excellent locaiton, right next to train station. Staff were easily accessable and helpful. Kitchen Facilties were found wanting

• 2nd Apr 2014

The staff were really nice when they changed my bedroom after my complaining about noise. I definitively recommend this hostel.

Isabele was fabulous. i had a great welcome and was given some helpful info. Thanks. nice clean hostel in a great location. close to central station with views from the balcony over the park and the city skyline.

We have stayed in the 6 people dorm that time (Room 36), it was truely a disaster that other teammates made the room completely mess, with the uncleaned boxes in the ground, used cotton stick, soft drink bottles etc etc everywhere. It was also a surprise that seems the hostel realized the issue for long but all they have done was sticked a notice somewhere, asking the guys to clean up... but during my 2 days stay there, there were no further action to be taken and all the mess remains..

It suited my needs very well. Thankyou

• 20th Mar 2014

Room was small and warm.. Only a small window to open and airco was not working. I was staying with longtermers so messy and were not really thinking about others.

The members of staff were all friendly and very helpful for giving information about what to do in the city. The kitchen and the rooms was kept clean. I enjoyed my stay there!

Friendly, knowledgable staff. Very close to central station. Kitchen needs more prep space (single center table). Watch for birds in the rafters of open air dinning area. Limited TV (like 4 stations). Internet a bit slow. Still - highly recommended.

Bit of party hostel but I was staying in a single room so whatever'.

It's a really great backpacker.Clean everythere.Staff are all very nice.just a little far from train station.if i come back to sydney,i will stay in here again definitely!

It's been couple of times I've been here it's worth the dollars

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Singapore

Staff very helpful and enjoy my short stay with you. It was only marred by having to wait on the Pit for 50 mins for the shuttle that never turned up. Very anxious taxi ride to the airport.. Suggest you change very unreliable shuttle firm who let by you and I down.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Wales

Good hostel for the price, atmosphere isnt great for a backpackers. Not a really good place to meet new people.

I had an excellent time here! Great people, atmosphere, everything! Highly recommend this place!!

• 9th Feb 2014

I stayed at the 4 bed female dorm e suite which I was quite happy with. The room wasn't extremely spacious but it was clean, it had AC and a fridge. The hostel was located fairly centrally. From a perspective of a solo traveler the hostel wasn't ideal though as it didn't offer any activities for guests.

All the staff were very kind and accommodating to me, especially when I came down with food poisoning my second day.

• 5th Feb 2014

Location is near the central station just 10mins walk, public area does not noisy after 10:30pm!! Stuff is super nice and kind, the rate really quit cheap compare to other same standard hostel!! Anyway I have a wonderful stay in Alfred park and recommend!!

The best hostel ever!! Its my home, Love this place!

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

I know the building is a bit old so suggestion if remodeling is to have better ventilation for bathroom (window or better fan) and better window shades. The room and bathroom had a mildew smell to it. The asian lady who I saw did all the cleaning is such a hard working person -cleaning the entire place from early morning to late at night. She deserves a raise! All but one of the front desk reception were all great. Some guests were still around the kitchen/lounge area after hours & very loud.

Very good hostel