Alfred Park Budget Accommodation Reviews

207 Cleveland Street, Redfern 2016, Sydney, Australia

I moved hostel during my month stay to Alfred Park. Things I liked about it - it was quite, non smoking, new mattresses, 5min walk to Central station, newly renovated toilets & good size commercial kitchen with enough gadgets to cook a meal. Less fond of no WiFi, old thin pillows & duvet. Moved rooms during my week stay due to painting the rooms. I was studying & commuting some way to my course so it suited me. Staff were helpful.

It wasn't a great stay. There is only 2 showers for the all hostel. The wifi was good and the room was correct with A/C and heater!!

Thank you for your feedback. We actually have 5 communal bathrooms for shared dorm rooms. Please think of us next time you're in Sydney. We loved having you! Alfred Park

Good location, good facilities and good for transport links. Walking distance to Sydney CBD. It is missing a "smokers corner" though, which most backpackers do have.

• 25th May 2015

Not horrible, nothing offensive.. but just pretty average.

Good, Good, Excellent, Good, Good, Excellent, Good.

The main problems here are the beds aren't great and there are limited lockers available and they are located in an outside common area. Otherwise it's OK.

I liked the location but the hostel was old and very cold to stay in. The toilets were clean but the kitchen is outside and there is only places to sit outside when you want to eat. There is not a common area and in general this hostel needs an update.

Really happy with my stay at Alfred Park. The staff are very friendly and helpful, there's a good atmosphere at the hostel and a decent sized kitchen and social area to eat your food. Unlike other hostels I've stayed at you get your bed linen included - a duvet, not just a sheet! And they even provide washing powder to do your laundry so you don't have to worry about going out and spending $10 on detergent your only use once or twice. Great location too, with lots of restaurants close by

Free towels to use, the bed is already made up for you, the showers have good room with a bench in a little alcove. It's everything you need!

Staff brilliant was six bed it was ok

Good location close to central station with helpful staff. Kitchen a bit small for the number of guests and no tablespoons (only teaspoons?!) Random? Yes - but try eating soup/cereal with a teaspoon. No real area for socialising like a lounge area, only the outdoor courtyard. Seems to be filled with people working so the general atmosphere is quite isolating - if you're not working, don't stay because you'll feel secluded. Recommend for long-term only. Otherwise a good hostel!