Algarve Surf Hostel Reviews

Urb Cerro das Mos lote 55, Lagos, Portugal

Absolutely fantastic stay at this hostel. The staff are so friendly and accomodating. The breakfast and lunches provided are lovely and the fresh baked goods made each day were an absolute treat. Would highly recommend staying here and look forward to returning.

• 13th Jul 2014

Dexter and Solphie took such good care of us, it was hard to leave. Truely a great environment, they treat you like a family member. Facilities are SUPER clean and plenty of activities to keep you entertained. A few return visitors during my stay, I'd go back in a heartbeat! This place was simply awesome, do yourself a favor, when in Lagos, enjoy this hostel!

It is the best hostel I have ever been ( and I have visited many in Europe). It is perfect if you want to learn how to surf. If you are not interested in surfing you will love it as well because all the people around will not treat you as a hostel guest but as an old friend visiting . Amazing place, looking forward for coming again. Thank you Sofie, Dexter and Matheu, Pura Vida!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Costa Rica

Sophie and Dexter are great hosts! I highly recommend the BBQ dinners on Friday and going out after! The house is very clean and spacious and the breakfast is phenomenal. You are able to pack a sandwich for your trip to the beach, which can help save some money. I highly recommend this hostel and would willingly return.

The staff is wonderful! So friendly and always there if you need them. They provide a good breakfast for you with a variety of food and provide sandwich meat and bread so you can take a sandwich wth you to the beach. It's about a 25 minute walk to the beach. Great place, great atmosphere, great people

• 29th May 2014

Loved it!!!! The best hostel I have ever stayed at! The staff was wonderful and it felt like hanging out at a friend's house, not staying in a hostel. I have recommended this place again and again, and I only left 3 days ago. Dexter and Sophie immediately made our group of four feel like part of the gang, and Dexter's cooking was amazing. Made our trip to Lagos memorable, thanks guys!!!

If you're going to Lagos you have to stay at the Algarve Surf Hostel!! It's the best hostel I've stayed in and it will be hard to beat! 10/10 for everything - breakfast was amazing, great location, very relaxed atmosphere! Sophie and Dexter who work at the hostel are so much fun and will help you with anything you need!

sweet as place, Dex and Sophie are great fun and Sophies baking is top notch!

• 3rd May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The hostel is great. What really made the stay was the staff and their great hospitality. Sophie and Dexter were the best hostel hosts I have ever had!

Algarve surf hostel felt like a holiday house. There were only about 10 guests when we stayed so we got to know people there and had most of our meals together. The staff are great, really welcoming and the atmosphere is very social. It's a 10 minute walk into town. Loved staying there.