Algarve Surf Hostel Reviews

Urb Cerro das Mos lote 55, Lagos, Portugal

Nice house, cool swimmingpool and playroom! I was just missing some nice vibes, as the two nights i was staying there everybody was just watching a movie in the commonroom! They did have a big night the day before! The playroom downstairs is nog really inviting to hang out allone The breakfast is amazing, but runs only from 9am! This is really to late if you have an activity planned for the day! I was missing electricitycharging places in the room and an extra toilet could be very useful!

Really nice staff, great place to go surfing as you can book surfing lessons there. Far from city center (15 min walk). Nice pool.

This hostel is a bit of a walk from the old town and the beaches, you'll end up walking a lot. I stayed in a room with others that had been staying at the hostel for weeks. They had basically moved in. This was fine except that I had no room to put any of my stuff. The closets and shelves were packed with their things. It'd have been nice to have some space to myself other than my bed. The hostel also seemed very "cliquey.." Other than that, breakfast was good and surfing lessons were awesome!

This was by far our favourite hostel, and I would give it a higher review if I could. The staff were great, the pool was amazing, the location was about 20 min walk to the beach. They organize all sorts of stuff - surfing, kayaking, BBQ night, dinners out. Wifi was pretty good, some patchy areas but good enough to FaceTime. Overall, stay here! You'll love it just as much as we did.

Nice location, not far from main strip, people in there was awesome, didn't have much time with them, but still made the most of it, chilling vibes and energy, boom pool next to the games room was really nice, defo going to the same place again, don't see why I wouldn't !!! See you soon !!!

• 30th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I loved the Algarve Surf Hostel, it was so relaxing in such a great house with a big pool to lay by all day. The breakfast's were amazing and the staff were so friendly. It felt like staying in home not a hostel. I definitely would recommend to anyone keen for home away from home in Lagos. Definitely want to go back again 👍👌

The atmosphere, staff and guests of this hostel were absolutely terrific. I've backpacked all over Europe and I believe this was the best hosteling experience I had. So friendly, so welcoming, so fun. I could have spent my entire vacation there.

First of all, Lagos is so amazing and there are so many things to do. I was so thankful for such an awesome hostel that made it easy to book kayak tours and give us directions to good surf spots (as well as provide lessons/rides). Their Friday night barbecue and bar outing rounded the whole trip out and we were so sad to leave. Definitely coming back as soon as possible!

Loved this Hostel from the off, one of those little gems, the staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful and really cared about everyone's enjoyment. The breakfasts were amazing, with so much to choose from and with the added luxury of making your lunch from it too. The theme and party nights are a great ice breaker and good fun. Top Marks to Algarve Surf Hostel

I stayed 3 nights here and absolutely loved it - staff were amazing, great atmosphere, Stacey cooked up some of the best food I've ever eaten! It felt like I was on holiday at my own beach house with a bunch of mates. Had such a great time I'm going back there for a week in September. I would highly suggest staying here. Also, has fast wifi, a pool, feels very secure, washing clothes is free and available. Only downside is it is about 15 minutes walk from the beach/town centre.

I highly recommend this hostel.All the Staff working there is frendly and very helpful,atmosphere is great-specially for surfers.Located next to supermarkets,it takes 10-15 minutes walk to get to the center of Lagos and bus station.There is special bus for surfers.There is everything you need with a washing machine (free laundry),common area and pool downsairs!Breakfast is the best- every day different special dish,beside all kinds of food (full & free).You get your own locker for personal stuff

Algarve surf hostel is amazing!! We never wanted to leave! The atmosphere is great, everyone is social, the staff are super friendly, we had so much fun! Every night they made food like homemade quiche, banana bread, among others for the (free!) breakfast the next day! We were also there for a BBQ with unlimited food and drinks, which was 100% worth your money. Also, I'm very picky about cleanliness at hostels and it was extremely clean. You will be missing out if you don't go to this hostel!

The staff are really friendly and helpful, and also amazing cooks (such delicious breakfasts). The kitchen and pool are great, it feels like you are staying at someone's house, not a hostel. That's a good thing but also can be a bad thing because there's a bit of a surfer family vibe and if you aren't into that, meeting people might be a little more challenging unless you are naturally very social.

Thnaks for everything, I had a blast!

• 13th Apr 2015

Seriously never wanted to leave! It was the perfect place to surf, chill and party. The staff was super accommodating and went out of their way to make sure everything went perfectly. The breakfast is mostly homemade and absolutely phenomenal, plus they set out ingredients to make your own lunch so basically you get two free meals every day. The drive to the beach to surf is a little lengthy, but the scenery along the drive is something you will never tire of. Can't wait to go back already!

Had an awesome stay here over spring break. The staff were really cool and all the travelers passing through became friends quickly. Breakfast was awesome and super cool that we were able to pack lunch also. One of my only complaints was that the hostel was uphill from the main part of town, but it was only really bad while carrying luggage. Definately recommend staying here.

The staff is amazing..they invite all the guests to go out to dinner with them and then take you to all the good bars in town. They are super chill and very friendly. The breakfast is way too good for a hostel and they leave out stuff to make sandwiches for lunch everyday. By far the coolest hostel I've stayed at. People are drinking and hanging out everynight in the hostel. The rooms and bathroom are nice. The only negative is the location. It's a 20 minute walk to the beach and 10-15 to city.

Very friendly staff and clean hostel

Really nice place, they should however, extend wifi to every room

Amazing. Can't say more. Most fun hostel we have been at. Good location. Surfing is great. Breakfast and lunch included and are great. Staff are really chill and will go out with you and do everything to make you stay great!!!! Stay there!!!!!!!