Algarve Surf Hostel Reviews

Urb Cerro das Mos lote 55, Lagos, Portugal

Thanks for this amazing time! It is one of the best hostels I´ve ever been to! Great breakfast, awesome people!!

• 25th Aug 2015

Such a good place to stay! The girls that run the hostel are extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast every morning is amazing! Great atmosphere with good people and a decent location near the main marina. Will definitely be staying again upon returning to Lagos!

The pool is great as is the breakfast. Staff are friendly but the location is about 15 mins walk from the centre with no bars or restaurants nearby. Very young crowd if that's what your after.

The Algarve Surf hostel is the best place to stay in Lagos!!! Its the best hostel we've ever been to and the staff is the loveliest and kindest one in the world!! Thanks so much! The breakfast is amazing- homemade cakes and a variety of different things to eat! We definitely want to come back next year! Thanks a lot, it was incredible!!! Jana and Finja

• 8th Aug 2015

Booked last minute so stayed here only a couple of nights. Bit out of town but super chilled atmosphere with a pool and best staff I've had at a hostel! Also breakfast was amazing with baked goods, eggs, etc and great nightlife/atmosphere.

The Algarve Surf Hostel was by far our favourite place we stayed our whole trip. The hostel was a nice Villa with a pool within walking distance of old town and the beach. The atmosphere of the hostel was great because everyone hung out together. We all ate meals together and went out together at night, we made some great friends there! Bex, Wendy and Stacy were amazing, so friendly and helpful and really made us feel at home! We were really sad to leave here, we will definitely be back!!

• 5th Aug 2015

LOVED this hostel! The staff are amazing (I miss you guys so much already!) The breakfast and bbqs were always yummy. Loved going out with the staff and fellow travellers - the hostel makes it so easy to meet people. The atmosphere feels like home with a couch, TV, adorable dog and yummy food. Even though it is far from town cabs are super cheap. Surfing was amazing too and getting transport from the hostel was great. Wish I could have stayed longer definitely coming back next summer!!!

We had an amazing time at Algarve Surf Hostel - we were greeted by Becks who is super welcoming and really friendly. The staff here are really nice and always invite you to join them going out or having dinner at the hostel. It has a great atmosphere and everyone is very friendly and chatty. I would highly recommend for a stay in Lagos!

The hostel is a bit of a walk from town and the beach, but is a really nice fun place. Had a great time here, and wish I'd been able to stay longer

awesome hostel! the people are wonderful and the food was great. the location is a little far from the beach, but the amazing staff make it worth your while.

My stay was great although it is atleast a 15 minute walk from town. That doesn't sound far but when it is 35 degrees or you coming back home after dinner you don't want to be walking up hills! Taxis are a cheap alternative, about 4 euros. Shared a mixed dorm with ensuite. The room was basic and comfortable. There were no lockers in our rooms though they were on an alternate floor. Also no wifi in the rooms. you need a swipe card to access the front gate but the door to the hostel remains open

• 16th Jul 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! And I've travelled a lot! Don't know where to start but first up Wendy is an absolute legend! She cooks amazing breakfasts Buffett style every morning as well as taking us party goers out till the early hours. Rooms are clean. Plenty of bathroom facilities as well as a well equipped kitchen and as well as an amazing pool! Located seconds away from a supermarket and only a 15-20 min stroll into town/beach Certainly worth every penny will be visiting again !

Had an amazing time at algarve surf hostel. The staff are lovely and welcoming and there's such a friendly atmosphere it's like a home away from home. Would recommend to anyone!!

• 28th Jun 2015

Nice house, cool swimmingpool and playroom! I was just missing some nice vibes, as the two nights i was staying there everybody was just watching a movie in the commonroom! They did have a big night the day before! The playroom downstairs is nog really inviting to hang out allone The breakfast is amazing, but runs only from 9am! This is really to late if you have an activity planned for the day! I was missing electricitycharging places in the room and an extra toilet could be very useful!

Really nice staff, great place to go surfing as you can book surfing lessons there. Far from city center (15 min walk). Nice pool.

This hostel is a bit of a walk from the old town and the beaches, you'll end up walking a lot. I stayed in a room with others that had been staying at the hostel for weeks. They had basically moved in. This was fine except that I had no room to put any of my stuff. The closets and shelves were packed with their things. It'd have been nice to have some space to myself other than my bed. The hostel also seemed very "cliquey.." Other than that, breakfast was good and surfing lessons were awesome!

This was by far our favourite hostel, and I would give it a higher review if I could. The staff were great, the pool was amazing, the location was about 20 min walk to the beach. They organize all sorts of stuff - surfing, kayaking, BBQ night, dinners out. Wifi was pretty good, some patchy areas but good enough to FaceTime. Overall, stay here! You'll love it just as much as we did.

Nice location, not far from main strip, people in there was awesome, didn't have much time with them, but still made the most of it, chilling vibes and energy, boom pool next to the games room was really nice, defo going to the same place again, don't see why I wouldn't !!! See you soon !!!

• 30th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I loved the Algarve Surf Hostel, it was so relaxing in such a great house with a big pool to lay by all day. The breakfast's were amazing and the staff were so friendly. It felt like staying in home not a hostel. I definitely would recommend to anyone keen for home away from home in Lagos. Definitely want to go back again 👍👌

The atmosphere, staff and guests of this hostel were absolutely terrific. I've backpacked all over Europe and I believe this was the best hosteling experience I had. So friendly, so welcoming, so fun. I could have spent my entire vacation there.