Algarve Surf Hostel Reviews

Urb Cerro das Mos lote 55, Lagos, Portugal

Great hostel- kept very nice and clean, and incredible food. All the facilities you could want- bbq/ swimming pool/ table tennis/ pool table/ hostel activities. Nice atmosphere with friendly staff. Special thanks to Becks and Stacey who made us feel very welcome and cooked up a storm every day- keep it up! Highly recommended.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Wales

To Dex, Stacey, Bex, Em, Jose and Rich, we would like to thank you for a fantastic stay! we were supposed to only stay for 3 nights however everyone made us feel so welcomed and relaxed that we extended our stay for 3 more nights, even loosing a deposit at another hostel to stay here! We can thoroughly recommend algarve surf hostel to any one!. Stacy and Bex's breakfasts were amazing and go way beyond anything expected at a hostel! thanks guys, Will and James.

• 9th Sep 2014

It felt like we were staying at home, everyone was so friendly. Great pool and lounging areas. The staff we all travellers themselves so lacked some local knowledge, but we still very nice. The bunks were quite old and very squeaky and there was no air conditioning. We were however we really happy with our choice and would stay again and recommend.

Had a fabulous time at the algarve surf hostel! The people were very friendly and relaxed! Close enough to the Main Street to walk everywhere.. Loved staing here!

An extremely good hostel with amazing food and a great atmosphere. The breakfast and snacks were amazing, and laundry was also free - the slightly higher price of this hostel is well justified. It's a little out of the way though, maybe a 15 minute walk to town. Internet worked well.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff are lovely and friendly. The food is amazing and the facilities excellent. If you want to chill out on the couch and watch movies or join in one of the many hosel dinners and head out to the town this hostel is great for both!

• 31st Aug 2014

Argueably the best hostel I have stayed in thus far. Very nice staff and great breakfast, plus baked goods throughout the day. Facilities were clean and laundry was free! Also, surfing is a big draw for this hostel which we did and enjoyed a lot.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Cons: Not sure if it's worth €29. The beds were okay and bathrooms not very clean. Not a place to expect any sleep. Pros: amazing breakfast spread and can pack a lunch. The surf excursion was fantastic. BBQ was the best meal I've had since traveling but was €15. Great place to meet people Maybe just improve cleanliness and have separate staff for working and partying. Some seemed a bit exhausted/irritable at times. Overall made it a great trip to algarve! Thanks dexter

Hands down the best hostel I have stayed in ever. Awsome people awsome atmosphere in one of the most stunning places in portugal.

If you're going to Lagos stay there ! Lovely staff, delicious breakfast, great location, and the best atmosphere ! Love it!

• 19th Jul 2014

Absolutely fantastic stay at this hostel. The staff are so friendly and accomodating. The breakfast and lunches provided are lovely and the fresh baked goods made each day were an absolute treat. Would highly recommend staying here and look forward to returning.

• 13th Jul 2014

This hostel was by far the best hostel I have ever been too. Dex and Sophie are amazing! You get free breakfast and lunch (if you make it before 10:30). breakfast includes homemade quiche, fresh fruit, juice, cereal, and a few other baked goods. They also put out lunch fixings so you can make your self a sandwich! On Fridays they have a big BBQ and it's a great time to get to know everybody in the hostel. When i return to lagos i will be coming back for sure!

Best hostel in Lagos for sure!!:) thanks to Sarah, Sophie and Dexter for the amazing 5 days! Delicious homemade breakfast!! The vibe in that hostel is amazing ! I really miss it !! Thank you again and again Roxanne and Julie from Quebec :)

Awesome hostel with a great equipped kitchen and a beautiful pool and hammock to lay in. Dexter and Sophie do a great job running the hostel and the breakfast is delicious thanks to Sophie's baking! Only negative would be the 25 minute walk to town/the beach - a bit tough getting back from a night out but taxis aren't expensive anyway :)

Dexter and Solphie took such good care of us, it was hard to leave. Truely a great environment, they treat you like a family member. Facilities are SUPER clean and plenty of activities to keep you entertained. A few return visitors during my stay, I'd go back in a heartbeat! This place was simply awesome, do yourself a favor, when in Lagos, enjoy this hostel!

It is the best hostel I have ever been ( and I have visited many in Europe). It is perfect if you want to learn how to surf. If you are not interested in surfing you will love it as well because all the people around will not treat you as a hostel guest but as an old friend visiting . Amazing place, looking forward for coming again. Thank you Sofie, Dexter and Matheu, Pura Vida!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Costa Rica

Sophie and Dexter are great hosts! I highly recommend the BBQ dinners on Friday and going out after! The house is very clean and spacious and the breakfast is phenomenal. You are able to pack a sandwich for your trip to the beach, which can help save some money. I highly recommend this hostel and would willingly return.

The staff is wonderful! So friendly and always there if you need them. They provide a good breakfast for you with a variety of food and provide sandwich meat and bread so you can take a sandwich wth you to the beach. It's about a 25 minute walk to the beach. Great place, great atmosphere, great people

• 29th May 2014

Loved it!!!! The best hostel I have ever stayed at! The staff was wonderful and it felt like hanging out at a friend's house, not staying in a hostel. I have recommended this place again and again, and I only left 3 days ago. Dexter and Sophie immediately made our group of four feel like part of the gang, and Dexter's cooking was amazing. Made our trip to Lagos memorable, thanks guys!!!

If you're going to Lagos you have to stay at the Algarve Surf Hostel!! It's the best hostel I've stayed in and it will be hard to beat! 10/10 for everything - breakfast was amazing, great location, very relaxed atmosphere! Sophie and Dexter who work at the hostel are so much fun and will help you with anything you need!