Algarve Surf Hostel Reviews

Urb Cerro das Mos lote 55, Lagos, Portugal

Argueably the best hostel I have stayed in thus far. Very nice staff and great breakfast, plus baked goods throughout the day. Facilities were clean and laundry was free! Also, surfing is a big draw for this hostel which we did and enjoyed a lot.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Cons: Not sure if it's worth €29. The beds were okay and bathrooms not very clean. Not a place to expect any sleep. Pros: amazing breakfast spread and can pack a lunch. The surf excursion was fantastic. BBQ was the best meal I've had since traveling but was €15. Great place to meet people Maybe just improve cleanliness and have separate staff for working and partying. Some seemed a bit exhausted/irritable at times. Overall made it a great trip to algarve! Thanks dexter

Hands down the best hostel I have stayed in ever. Awsome people awsome atmosphere in one of the most stunning places in portugal.

If you're going to Lagos stay there ! Lovely staff, delicious breakfast, great location, and the best atmosphere ! Love it!

• 19th Jul 2014

Absolutely fantastic stay at this hostel. The staff are so friendly and accomodating. The breakfast and lunches provided are lovely and the fresh baked goods made each day were an absolute treat. Would highly recommend staying here and look forward to returning.

• 13th Jul 2014

This hostel was by far the best hostel I have ever been too. Dex and Sophie are amazing! You get free breakfast and lunch (if you make it before 10:30). breakfast includes homemade quiche, fresh fruit, juice, cereal, and a few other baked goods. They also put out lunch fixings so you can make your self a sandwich! On Fridays they have a big BBQ and it's a great time to get to know everybody in the hostel. When i return to lagos i will be coming back for sure!

Dexter and Solphie took such good care of us, it was hard to leave. Truely a great environment, they treat you like a family member. Facilities are SUPER clean and plenty of activities to keep you entertained. A few return visitors during my stay, I'd go back in a heartbeat! This place was simply awesome, do yourself a favor, when in Lagos, enjoy this hostel!

It is the best hostel I have ever been ( and I have visited many in Europe). It is perfect if you want to learn how to surf. If you are not interested in surfing you will love it as well because all the people around will not treat you as a hostel guest but as an old friend visiting . Amazing place, looking forward for coming again. Thank you Sofie, Dexter and Matheu, Pura Vida!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Costa Rica

Sophie and Dexter are great hosts! I highly recommend the BBQ dinners on Friday and going out after! The house is very clean and spacious and the breakfast is phenomenal. You are able to pack a sandwich for your trip to the beach, which can help save some money. I highly recommend this hostel and would willingly return.

The staff is wonderful! So friendly and always there if you need them. They provide a good breakfast for you with a variety of food and provide sandwich meat and bread so you can take a sandwich wth you to the beach. It's about a 25 minute walk to the beach. Great place, great atmosphere, great people

• 29th May 2014

Loved it!!!! The best hostel I have ever stayed at! The staff was wonderful and it felt like hanging out at a friend's house, not staying in a hostel. I have recommended this place again and again, and I only left 3 days ago. Dexter and Sophie immediately made our group of four feel like part of the gang, and Dexter's cooking was amazing. Made our trip to Lagos memorable, thanks guys!!!

If you're going to Lagos you have to stay at the Algarve Surf Hostel!! It's the best hostel I've stayed in and it will be hard to beat! 10/10 for everything - breakfast was amazing, great location, very relaxed atmosphere! Sophie and Dexter who work at the hostel are so much fun and will help you with anything you need!

sweet as place, Dex and Sophie are great fun and Sophies baking is top notch!

• 3rd May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The hostel is great. What really made the stay was the staff and their great hospitality. Sophie and Dexter were the best hostel hosts I have ever had!

Algarve surf hostel felt like a holiday house. There were only about 10 guests when we stayed so we got to know people there and had most of our meals together. The staff are great, really welcoming and the atmosphere is very social. It's a 10 minute walk into town. Loved staying there.