Ali's Guest House Reviews

Uzundere Cad. No:13 Goreme/Nevsehir, 50180 Goreme, Goreme, Turkey

Based on my experience with one of the Ali's I will never stay/recommend. I had left a message with the staff that I'd arranged my own balloon ride which never was passed on as a result Ali came into my room & woke me up at 11pm (before a 430am pick up). He yelled waking everyone in the dorm room up before slamming the door. In complete shock I didn't sleep. For the rest of my stay here I felt completely unwelcome & not once did he even attempt to apologise for how unprofessional & rude he was.

Great servıce and very helpful. I would stay wıth the Alıs agaın ıf ı come back!

Honestly one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Ali was awesome, so kind and helpful, beds were very comfy and the place was very clean. Everything you want in a hostel.

We stayed at Ali's because it had the best reviews. We had a nice stay but I didn't feel Ali was as helpful as other reviewers made out. I hope this was just a once off and that they are not letting the good customer service that gets them business slip!

This is a good choice in Goreme, convenient location with friendly and helpful staff. The common areas are nice and make it easy to meet other travelers. Security isn't great however, as there are no lockers and no keys for the room. Also be aware that the tours booked through the hostel are with specific companies, and some are definitely better than others so you should do your own research. But enjoyed my time here and would recommend it!

Best hostel I've stayed in in Turkey. Great little place. No lockers but place felt totally safe. Staff are very kind and love the vibe they've got going on. Perfect location. Highly recommended!!!

Thanks for the wonderful time! Marleen & Anna

Everything good.. liked it a lot :)

I loved this hostel. The owners were amazing, helping out with everything, sorting out bookings and thing we wanted to do, and giving us the best prices. I loved this hostel and also the location, would deffinatly go here again, such a blast and an absolutly amazing amosphere in the hostel; super easy to meet people.

Cool hostel in a great location, and the price can't be beat! Hostel staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Good breakfast and a nice area to socialize. Ali's is an excellent choice for your stay in Goreme!

I really recommend this hostel. Good location. Really close in bus staion. (about 5 min). Staff is very friendly. And if you have not any tour. You can get in this hostel. green tour and red tour and jeep tour etc. I had jeep tour through ali's guest house. It was good experience.

It was a good experience and the staff were extremely knowledgeable and helpful in respect to the location and what was on offer. Its friendly setting made it easy to engage in conversation with other people staying in the hostel, the toilets and showers were clean and the rooms were in good condition.

• 19th Aug 2014

Alis is in a great location, 2 minute walk from bus station and towns center. You can book tours and activities through them. The girls dorm was clean and same with the bathroom facilities. Would highly recommend staying here!!!

A great place to stay in Goreme and the perfect base to explore the areas. I was actually positively surprise by how helpful the owner was. Don't be scared on reserving the Balloon experience with them, you won't get a better price/quality deal by your own and they will arrange everything for you. Their green tour is also very convenient if you have the time and it will cost you more to do it by yourself.

Would be better to have individual lockers for personal belongings, we left our bags lying around for most of the day.

Ali's guest house has been one of the best hostels I've ever been to. This because of his amazing staff. They make you feel like at home and they're always ready to help you. Good deals for tours, comfy beds, good breakfast, perfect position and amazing atmosphere. Of course is not a 5 stars hotel, but is perfect for backpackers. The 14 bed's dorm is super cheap, fresh and clean. Again, one of the best thing is the staff. I defenetely recommend this hostel

Incredible hostel! Wonderful location, amazingly helpfull staff, impressive breakfast... All for such a low price! I couldn't believe it. Great comfort sleeping in the cool cave, clean facilities. And on top of all, the atmosphere was amazing and relaxed. I met beautiful people at the outside area and I look forward to come back here.

I loved staying at Ali's! It was a great place to meet other travelers and the staff was very friendly and attentive. Just a few things could improve this hostel - There were no lockers, but it seemed safe enough and I didnt hear of anything being stolen. (Still, passports and computers...) The bathrooms would greatly improve if they got squeegees to clean the water off the floor when you finish showering. Overall, I'd definitely recommend Ali's!

Ali's is a great new family run hostel in the middle of everything in Goreme. We were picked up from the bus stations and walked two blocks to the guesthouse. Ali helped us plan our days and told us everything we should see when we were visiting. The staff was super helpful and the hostel was very clean and the room was cool even without ac because it's in a cave. There's a nice breakfast every morning.

Most welcoming, helpful, fun and engaging hostel staff we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. As soon as we arrived they gave a 15 minute run through of the whole region; excellent tips and they booked us into whatever we wanted at great prices. Cannot recommend another hostel more strongly. It is called a guesthouse, not a hostel, and the two Alis certainly make it exactly that!

• 27th Jul 2014