Alias Youthhostel Reviews

Provinciestraat 256, B 2018, Antwerp, Belgium

Quite average hostel, price is relatively high, but for Belgium is ok. Security is poor, since anyone can get in the hostel. What caused us greater problems is reception, which was opened only 8-16 (new year's eve). Ok, they did adjust and one person could check us all in, so a plus for that. Location is close to the train station, but on the other side of the city center, so around 30 min walk. Small breakfast with some fruit and waffels. Otherwise nice and clean from what we've seen.

Good hostel, somewhat expensive in my opinion, but I think that these are normal prices for Antwerp. We stayed for one night, hostel was very quet because of the time of the year. Facilities were good, decent bed, lovely clean showers and toilets. Very kind staff and a well functioning system for when you arive after opening hours. Only downsides were the somewhat too thin bedsheets for this time of year, and very poor breakfast. No bread, only cake and some fruits, vere inadequite.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Good value for money as if you're looking for a place to sleep for cheap. The staff could have been friendlier, the common room feels a bit impersonal, there isn't any atmosphere. Carpets in the corridors are gross but the bedroom and bed were clean. Location is good, 10-15 min walk from the station, and easy to find.

not a 24 hour reception - wasn't a big deal for me but I can imagine it to be a pretty annoying thing to deal with for other travellers. Location is quite far off - actually very far off from everything Electric plugs are lacking in the room, there were only 2 in my 8 bed dorm and they were NOT located centrally (which means only 3 beds had access to it (2 plugs) Atmosphere was lacking, no one was using the common room

It is like some gost house.....it is dirty and just someones atempt to take money of the people without puting any effort into the ace.i deffenetly wouldn't recomend it.

Kind of a shady area at night, people weren't friendly, not personal at all. It's fine if you want to have a night just to crash as its near the train station, but I was in Antwerp for 2 nights traveling alone and the hostel definitely didn't help me meet new people or anything. Overall, great experience in Belgium, negative experience with this hostel. I would have paid more per night to book a different.

• 16th Oct 2015

Amazing location and friendly staff, comfortable beds

.IT`S GOOD TO STAY.IF I GO AGAIN,I WILL STAY THERE.”

15 minutes walk from the station and easy to find. lots of leaflets and the staff were friendly and helpful (Recommend the map written by locals). Communal lounge with tv, sofas, books, vending machine and a dining area. Free wifi and tea, coffee, cake and biscuits In the morning. The room was clean, comfy and had a sink. The showers were hot and powerful. The communal carpets definitely needed a hoover though and there was no sink in the shared toilet on floor 2. Would definitely stay again

The security was a bit poor, you had to lock the door after yourself, but it was nice enough and the staff was very helpful. Totally worth it for 20 euros.

The bed was quite comfortable and so was the bathroom, but the corridors look very dirty and the room was full of mosquitos. If someone goes out of the room without closing with the key, the door remains open for everybody. There is no elevator. Anyway, the position is quite good (15 minutes by feet from the city center, more or less) and there is a good breakfast in the morning.

It was not very clean. Especially the floors had dust. The rooms were pretty empty -some decorations could have been added. The wifi didn't work very well. And the worst thing was that we couldn't leave our luggage there for couple hours because the reception is not open from 12-16! So we had to take our heavy luggage with us and go sightseeing. Lot of noise outside in the morning.