Alice Hostel Reviews

Fiumei ut 10, 1st floor 1, Budapest, Hungary

It's an apartment, not a hostel. Location is close to train station, other than that, horrible area. First thing I asked when I 'checked in' (is an apt, so basically there's just someone there waiting for you, gives you keys and that's it), was if the area was safe to walk around, was bluntly told no. I appreciated the honesty, but obviously wasn't happy about my stay. Comfortable to take public transport, but horrible surroundings. Would not recommend this to anyone.

I chooses this hostel because it was cheap and near the central station. The Alice hostel fulfilled those two characteristics very good.

It is very close to the trainstation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice and clean.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The hostel is lovely, clean, and cosy! There is a great atmosphere. I spend just one night to this hostel, but I can say that it's a very nice place!

• 30th May 2014

Very nice familiar hostel with a friendly owner. Good location, comfortable staying!

Security: Only old skeleton key that lock entire dorm room (6 beds). No lockers. Cleanliness: Linen was clean. Terrace was very filthy, cramped with some broken chairs. No drapes on windows. I was visible from the street on my (top) bed. Atmosphere: None, this is more like a flat than a hostel. 2 rooms adopted for renting. Parking - No parking. You can park in front of the building only (on pavement). It is strange that you can`t lock yourself when taking a shower.

Convenient being so close to the train station. Great tips from staff on what to see around Budapest! Well equipt kitchen, especially the toaster oven. Excellent environment for a group of friends or a couple as its a lovely cosy apartment.