Alice Hostel Reviews

Fiumei ut 10, 1st floor 1, Budapest, Hungary

Great location for access to the train station. A bit a walk from the main attractions.

Quiet alley at the back of the main train station (10 min walk). We stayed in a twin private downstairs, quiet room with good facilities. Nice.

Though the location isn't the best choice (far from centre), the rooms are very clean and the hostel staff was kind, friendly and helpful. The Kelety train station is 5 min walk.

Good location 5 min from Keleti train station, but in a fairly nice area. Owner is friendly and helpful. Good value, with a basic breakfast included. Was sorry to hear that the dorm will be closing soon.

The only thing missing in our room was a garbage can, but otherwise the room was very lovely with a big double bed, also suitable for couples. Toilet and shower are a bit weird, but clean and working. The location was just perfect and the owner is very nice and friendly, he gives you a lot of advice and offers you an excellent map of the city. Unfortunately, there is no proper luggage storage, but it has a nice kitchen and a nice atmosphere. A very good choice for budget travellers.

We only stayed for two nights, but immediately felt like home. It is cozy, has everything you need, it is secure, cheap and very close to the train station. We also really enjoyed staying there for another reason: the very friendly, funny and helpful staff :)

• 21st Aug 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The skeleton key wasn't an issue because nobody locked the door of the dorm anyway. My biggest problem was that the dorm was next to a very busy street, an it was very noisy. The location was excellent, and the staff was helpful.

It's an apartment, not a hostel. Location is close to train station, other than that, horrible area. First thing I asked when I 'checked in' (is an apt, so basically there's just someone there waiting for you, gives you keys and that's it), was if the area was safe to walk around, was bluntly told no. I appreciated the honesty, but obviously wasn't happy about my stay. Comfortable to take public transport, but horrible surroundings. Would not recommend this to anyone.

The Golden Park Hotel, The Budapest Grand Hotel. The Boscolo Budapest Hotel The Rosenstein Restaurant (one of the best in Budapest) The Arena Plaza (one of the biggest shopping malls in Europe) are within 500 meter distance. Also two hospitals, the Police museum one highschool and the national riding school. :) The square in front of the trainstation was renewed for 4 300 000 000Huf that's 13 870 000 EUR :) horrible area. Charity where they offer free lunch for homeless people is also here:)

I chooses this hostel because it was cheap and near the central station. The Alice hostel fulfilled those two characteristics very good.

It is very close to the trainstation. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice and clean.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Poland

The hostel is lovely, clean, and cosy! There is a great atmosphere. I spend just one night to this hostel, but I can say that it's a very nice place!

• 30th May 2014

Very nice familiar hostel with a friendly owner. Good location, comfortable staying!

Security: Only old skeleton key that lock entire dorm room (6 beds). No lockers. Cleanliness: Linen was clean. Terrace was very filthy, cramped with some broken chairs. No drapes on windows. I was visible from the street on my (top) bed. Atmosphere: None, this is more like a flat than a hostel. 2 rooms adopted for renting. Parking - No parking. You can park in front of the building only (on pavement). It is strange that you can`t lock yourself when taking a shower.