Alice Lodge Backpackers Reviews

4 Mueller Street, Alice Springs, Alice Springs, Australia

I stayed at Alice Lodge twice, and was very happy with my stay both times. Good location minutes from the main part of town, quiet, relaxed. Excellent wifi. Friendly atmosphere. Nice pool. Picked me up from greyhound bus stop for free, and brought me to airport for free when outside shuttle service failed to show up. Very helpful staff. Comfortable dorm rooms for mixed and female dorms. Good aircon. Highly recommend this place!

- Room 7 was uncomfortable, too small for 4 persons and noisy Free Breakfast, Wi-Fi available everywhere, surroundings, pool, very friendly staff, shuttle bus

Nice hostel, 5 minute walk from town, comfy beds, aircon was nice, basic free breakfast, good for the price

Atmosphere very nice and so are the facilities. However they managed to throw out some of my things which was a real inconvenience, they did pay for them to be repurchased but that didn't take into account the time I spent actually going and buying them!

Within walking distance of the city center. Free wifi and breakfast, luggage storage during Outback tours.

Staff were helpful, rooms weren't very clean, and washrooms weren't very easy to use.

• 6th Jan 2015

Nice swimming poll and comfy beds. Negative were the broken fridge and most of the time no staff present

for cleanless, I suggest to do not use fitted carpet I would salute the french girl that work there as cleaner

The hostel is just a little outside of the main part of the city, so is not quite as active. I think people who stay here keep more to themselves and prefer a safe, quiet environment instead of partying/socializing. It's just a tradeoff between what you want. Even though the place lists air conditioning, not all the rooms have it, so be wary in the super hot Alice Springs. The staff is gone most of the time, but they still have some pretty good security.

nice place and pool, good location, not too big

i spent only one night there after my trip to uluru and everything went smooth. in the morning they also offer a nice basic breakfast.

Most people stay 1 or 2 nights. That is why the atmosphere is not perfect. Loved the pool and cleanliness of the hostel.

Great hostel in the outback, couldn't ask for much more from a hostel

Great hostel. Really chilled. Nice pool, helpful staff. Good atmosphere. I wish I could take this hostel around with me.

Booked a 3people room. The room is a bit small. The kitchen is well organised. The bathroom next to the kitchen has no hot water at all. Luckily there is another bathroom. A free BBQ dinner on 1Nov which was great. Food provided in variety. Have free baggage storage for the Uluru trip but time was only limited from 5pm-7pm. The hostel had a mistake when I came back for Ulruru trip. I pre-booked online but they unable to give us a free room. But I am happy that they upgrade me to another motel.

Bit out the way, which isn't ideal in the heat. Decent hostel though. Haven't heard of any better ones around.

Decent hostel, good pool, breakfast, atmosphere and helpful staff. Wi-Fi speed was pretty poor, but not worse than many places in Australia. A bit of a walk to the nearest shops, not ideal in the insane heat you can get in Alice Springs. First impressions maybe aren't great but it is a grower and the more time you're there the more you will like it.

Very nice, relaxed place.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Poland

Good hostel nice chilled vibe, free luggage storage while on uluru trip and breakfast available from 4am so even when you check out early you can still get it. Only bad point is the location, it's a 15 minute walk to town so in the heat of AS daytime it's hard, and can be a bit scary walking back in the dark!

View all Alice Springs Hostels