Alice Lodge Backpackers Reviews

4 Mueller Street, Alice Springs, Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia

The lady staff is super. She tried hard to help me figuring out the trips as they all full. Room 7 was the room next to the reception was a bit noisy and there were no light n air-conditioning.

Alice Lodge was definitely one of the best hostels I've been in during my time in Australia! It is really clean, especially the kitchen, the staff was so friendly, helped me with everything and the breakfast in the morning was awesome. The rooms are really nice, the beds are comfortable and in whole - it is a PERFECT hostel and I spent in whole one week and enjoyed my time! :-) Thanks a lot!

Hostel was nice however I was assigned to a room at 12 noon, 6 hrs later I was told I was in the wrong room and had to move even though someone had just arrived in the room and they could have easily switched.

One staff member was always willing to help and was always caring, another (canadian woman) wasn't really caring at all, she promised to fiind a solution for a problem but didn't. My room had no light at all and 2 fans but neather of them worked. AC sometimes worked. Still my time there was good I liked the free wifi and the hostel as such.

• 29th Mar 2014

Located just a short walk from the town. The staff was very helpfull and friendly! The pool was great in that heat! The only minus comes from the fact that you could hear all the noises from other rooms, so sleeping wasn't the easiest thing to do!

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

It s good if u don't compare it with the other hostels,I prefer Annie s backpacker next time,sorry

We had a nice stay. We didn't stay for too long and didn't really get to use the different facilities too much. We used the kitchen a bit though and that was quite disgusting. We had to wash the things an extra time before using them. But it wasn't that big a problem as we only stayed for two nights. Everything else was nice. Staff was friendly and helpful, the place was nice and the wifi was good ;-)

I liked my stay at Alice Lodge. It was a clean and quiet hostel, no party people so possible to sleep! Kitchen was fully equiped and showers / toilets clean. Nice garden with (small) smwimming pool and tv-room. Was only there for 2 nights but would definitely recomend it to friends and stay there again. (i stayed in a 3 femals dorm, but there was only 1 other girl)

Really good option! No complains at all

We stayed at Alice Lodge in a dorm the nights before and after our tour to Uluru and Kata Tjuta National Park and really liked it there! The atmosphere there is really great and the staff very friendly and helpful. It's definitely not a party hostel, but a great place to recover from the heat of the outback :) The location is not perfectly in the center of Alice, but it's only maybe a 10min walk (you have to cross the dubious Todd River, but we never felt unsafe). Would stay there again!

Been there for just one day but I really liked it. Very nice, quiet and clean place! Good free breakfast, very clean rooms, bathroom, toilet and kitchen. Bed r comfy and in the room there r lockers with combination so u dont need a padlock.

Pretty good stay, only bad point was one day we had plans to move around in the afternoon but the staff choose to close the kitchen for cleaning at 12pm for an hour and a half which is precisely when people try to have lunch in my opinion, so we were quite late on the planning thanks to that ! Otherwise everything was nice !!

Alice Lodge is a charming little refuge for travelers seeking some quiet relaxation between tours of the outback. They have a friendly staff and wonderful amenities, including a full library of VHS and DVDs to watch in the lounge room and two computers with great internet connection. I had a nice time during my stay there, either swimming in the pool, hanging out with the staff and other guests, or using it as a base to do some outback adventuring.

• 26th Oct 2013