Alice Lodge Backpackers Reviews

4 Mueller Street, Alice Springs, Alice Springs, Australia

Great hostel. Rooms very clean. Lovely flowers on outside table- great attention to detail. Very chill vibe!

Had booked a dorm room and got upgraded to a double at no extra cost for the same price due to a scarcity of beds in the former category. Huge gratitude due here. Staff were incredibly helpful and location is top notch. Would recommend anyone visiting Alice Springs to stay here. Full marks all round.

Stayed here before and after a camping tour in the outback. Quiet, within close walking distance of town. Convenient storage for packs while on our outback tour and on our last day before our flight out. Heater in room good for cooler nights. Free breakfast was simple- toast and cereal. Was disappointed to find the kitchen and bathrooms to be a bit on the grungy side and in need of some work--bring your shower shoes. Worked for what we needed, but would look for a cleaner place next time.

Needed more showers for the amount of people staying. Despite heater caravan was very cold and uncomfortable to sleep in. For the money it was fine.

Despite slightly less than appealing facilities that seemed a bit rundown, although there was some construction ongoing during our stay that was obviously needed but added to the rough exterior, the Lodge was everything we needed and we had a lovely evening with both travelers and staff in the courtyard.

• 23rd Jun 2014

it was OK for all over. they have the free pick ups but you have to pay for drop offs....

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Japan

For a small town like Alice Springs there really is not a bad location, but I did think Alice Lodge Backpackers was in a quieter and safer part of town after spending a day walking around. The room we stayed in was very nice, clean, and the beds were nicer than most I've been in. The staff were amazing and very helpful. The bathrooms were the only negative I have. They were not very clean while we stayed there and I did not like how open they were to the middle of the entire hostel center.

• 15th Jun 2014

Very clean and comfortable, good showers, good tv room. only 2 working hobs, in alice springs terms its a little out the way. atmosphere suffers due to mainly very short term guests. cheapest in alice springs and easily worth staying here above the others.

Very nice hostel, not to big.

• 24th May 2014

Free breakfast with everything you want! The walk in the city takes about 10 minutes! The staff was very friendly! I would definitely come back again!!

The lady staff is super. She tried hard to help me figuring out the trips as they all full. Room 7 was the room next to the reception was a bit noisy and there were no light n air-conditioning.

Alice Lodge was definitely one of the best hostels I've been in during my time in Australia! It is really clean, especially the kitchen, the staff was so friendly, helped me with everything and the breakfast in the morning was awesome. The rooms are really nice, the beds are comfortable and in whole - it is a PERFECT hostel and I spent in whole one week and enjoyed my time! :-) Thanks a lot!

Hostel was nice however I was assigned to a room at 12 noon, 6 hrs later I was told I was in the wrong room and had to move even though someone had just arrived in the room and they could have easily switched.

One staff member was always willing to help and was always caring, another (canadian woman) wasn't really caring at all, she promised to fiind a solution for a problem but didn't. My room had no light at all and 2 fans but neather of them worked. AC sometimes worked. Still my time there was good I liked the free wifi and the hostel as such.

• 29th Mar 2014

Located just a short walk from the town. The staff was very helpfull and friendly! The pool was great in that heat! The only minus comes from the fact that you could hear all the noises from other rooms, so sleeping wasn't the easiest thing to do!

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

View all Alice Springs Hostels