Alice Lodge Backpackers Reviews

4 Mueller Street, Alice Springs, Alice Springs, Australia

Great hostel. Really chilled. Nice pool, helpful staff. Good atmosphere. I wish I could take this hostel around with me.

Booked a 3people room. The room is a bit small. The kitchen is well organised. The bathroom next to the kitchen has no hot water at all. Luckily there is another bathroom. A free BBQ dinner on 1Nov which was great. Food provided in variety. Have free baggage storage for the Uluru trip but time was only limited from 5pm-7pm. The hostel had a mistake when I came back for Ulruru trip. I pre-booked online but they unable to give us a free room. But I am happy that they upgrade me to another motel.

Bit out the way, which isn't ideal in the heat. Decent hostel though. Haven't heard of any better ones around.

Decent hostel, good pool, breakfast, atmosphere and helpful staff. Wi-Fi speed was pretty poor, but not worse than many places in Australia. A bit of a walk to the nearest shops, not ideal in the insane heat you can get in Alice Springs. First impressions maybe aren't great but it is a grower and the more time you're there the more you will like it.

Very nice, relaxed place.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Poland

Good hostel nice chilled vibe, free luggage storage while on uluru trip and breakfast available from 4am so even when you check out early you can still get it. Only bad point is the location, it's a 15 minute walk to town so in the heat of AS daytime it's hard, and can be a bit scary walking back in the dark!

Basically a self-service hostel that charges full price. But I guess all the hostels in Alice Springs may be like this.

Overall, this was the best hostel I stayed in on my trip. The free breakfast--which opened super early--and free wi-fi were both excellent extras. Beds weren't especially comfortable, but the lounge facilities and outdoor areas were nice. The staff were friendly and helpful as well.

• 22nd Sep 2014

nice place, fairly unremarkable.

Really really nice hostel. Worth for money Nice staff!!!

Best hostel in alice spring Everything near perfect!!!

Great hostel. Rooms very clean. Lovely flowers on outside table- great attention to detail. Very chill vibe!

Had booked a dorm room and got upgraded to a double at no extra cost for the same price due to a scarcity of beds in the former category. Huge gratitude due here. Staff were incredibly helpful and location is top notch. Would recommend anyone visiting Alice Springs to stay here. Full marks all round.

Stayed here before and after a camping tour in the outback. Quiet, within close walking distance of town. Convenient storage for packs while on our outback tour and on our last day before our flight out. Heater in room good for cooler nights. Free breakfast was simple- toast and cereal. Was disappointed to find the kitchen and bathrooms to be a bit on the grungy side and in need of some work--bring your shower shoes. Worked for what we needed, but would look for a cleaner place next time.

Needed more showers for the amount of people staying. Despite heater caravan was very cold and uncomfortable to sleep in. For the money it was fine.

Despite slightly less than appealing facilities that seemed a bit rundown, although there was some construction ongoing during our stay that was obviously needed but added to the rough exterior, the Lodge was everything we needed and we had a lovely evening with both travelers and staff in the courtyard.

• 23rd Jun 2014

it was OK for all over. they have the free pick ups but you have to pay for drop offs....

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Japan

For a small town like Alice Springs there really is not a bad location, but I did think Alice Lodge Backpackers was in a quieter and safer part of town after spending a day walking around. The room we stayed in was very nice, clean, and the beds were nicer than most I've been in. The staff were amazing and very helpful. The bathrooms were the only negative I have. They were not very clean while we stayed there and I did not like how open they were to the middle of the entire hostel center.

• 15th Jun 2014

Very clean and comfortable, good showers, good tv room. only 2 working hobs, in alice springs terms its a little out the way. atmosphere suffers due to mainly very short term guests. cheapest in alice springs and easily worth staying here above the others.

Very nice hostel, not to big.

• 24th May 2014