Alice Springs YHA Reviews

Corner Parsons Street and Leichhardt Terrace, Alice Springs, Australia

The bald gentleman on reception was exceptionally rude - wasn't tending the desk for a considerable period of time whilst we were trying to check-out, then raised his voice at a friend and claimed a 'back-soon' sign had been left out when this was not evident. The other staff members were really helpful though so this is hopefully an exception. However, the room was clean and facilities did the job for a short stay. Location of the hostel was good and close to shops etc.

Everything worked, seemed like anyone could walk through during the day, someone had rummaged through my stuff but didn't take anything, seemed a bit dirty but it worked

Location was right in the centre of town, close to Coles, target and bars. Staff were nice and friendly. Toilets and showers were clean and big. Everything you need in the kitchen to make dinner and the swimming pool is open late for a evening dip! Only stayed one night but would definitely book again if I were to stay in the area.

• 7th Nov 2015

Ok hostel in good location. Hostel was clean but staff (except one young woman) was unfriendly. Don't think about sleeping late as tour pick ups are around 5-6am so people wake up early and tour buses drive past your window.

Stayed in a 16 bed dorm, but it didnt feel crowded at all because of the way the rooms are divided in two parts with each 8 beds. Toilets and bathrooms were incredibly clean and the girl at reception very helpful. Very good value for money and would definitely stay again!

Not great. The common room is closed off at 23:00, which was annoying as we were all watching a movie! Speaking of which, the outdoor cinema didn't show a movie when I was there, despite it saying movies are shown each night at 18:30. I was in a cramped dorm with no windows & no space. But most disappointing was the fact I almost missed a flight due to the old man behind reception not booking an airport shuttle for me despite him telling me it was! I'm not one to moan but this hostel was poor.

The best hostel in the town (for me). Amazing atmosphere. Good facilities. I would suggest lockers in the rooms would be good (they have them for example in the Alice backpackers) since people like to travel with cameras etc. Otherwise really good. Oh, the key did not work most of the time - before I found it can not be put close to iPhone. It should be written somewhere.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

Really impressed with this place - they've thought of everything. Well organised, super clean, very well stocked kitchen, good free wifi, cosy duvets and heaters in the dorms, big lockers in the dorm, nice individual shower rooms, nice outdoor sitting area, great atmosphere and friendly staff.

The dorm room smelt, like really really bad and for a hostel that has been around for a while I am disappointed that the owner/staff/cleaners haven't done anything about this, like a shoe rack outside or air freshener. I've been in dorms around the world and this is definitely the smelliest one, like omg. Kitchen/common room/pool/security are all pretty good though. not much to do in alice springs :/

Nice quiet hostel, very well located. The kitchen is fully equipped and the toilets very good (shower toilet mirror plugs in the same place). The room is big enough although I stayed in the 16 beds one.

View all Alice Springs Hostels