Aline Hostel Reviews

Av Sidi Ahmed el Uafi, 2, Chaouen, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Nice location-not in the medina but close enough, easy to find. The owner can't speak English but nice. The owner's son could speak English anyway:) The breakfast was basic but value for the money. The facilities were old but clean. Nice view from the roof rounge. The one thing I didn't like was...it was so cold at night during my stay(mid of Nov) so I should have used my sleeping bag together.

aline seemed to have some poor reviews around the time i was here but i enjoyed my stay and saw nothing wrong (cleanliness or otherwise). Would stay here again. One thing that I would say is needed is getting connected with some of the tour groups in town like most hostels. Thus having the ability to help arrange excursions. I only got a poor black and white map from the front desk. Didn't matter though since i had my own guide book.

Nice and cosy hostel with a great staff! We enjoyed our stay at Chefchaouen in this hostel. We recommand!

Lovely place with a great roof top view in beautiful Chefchaouen. Staff are very friendly, and breakfast is great. No lockers but dorm rooms lock with key you can leave at reception. Very quiet while I was there, but town is not so touristy anyway.

Wifi wasn't working, although they advertise it. It is not very clean, there is one shower and one toilet for all the guests. We also had bed bugs and changed the hostels after one night. We were recommended this hostel in Funky Fes hostel in Fes, obviously they know each other.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Bed bugs!!!!! Don't stay here, I got bed bugs and my friends found a bed bug in their bed in a separate room. When we showed it to the owner he said this is only one where are the rest. You are not paying a lot for the room, as if having bed bugs is a normal thing. Don't stay here. I had to cut my holiday short because of this.

This hostel feels like your back home with gret seating areas in the rooftop and common room. The atmosphere has potential to be great but was a little empty when we were there. Very close to the medina. It is very easy to find with a huge sign out the front. Staff are very friendly but helps if you speak French. Beautiful view On the rooftop. Really love this place and would go back in a heart beat.

Whilst the hostel is in a relatively good location, the actually premises aren't that great. The manager was helpful but unprofessional at the same time, walking around without a shirt on. The 6 bed dorm room we stayed in was spacious, however the beds were small and uncomfortable. There was no air conditioning or a ceiling fan. The bathrooms weren't that clean, the water not hot and toilet paper was scarce. I would not stay here again. I would pay extra to stay in a hotel

Comfortable hostel. Friendly staff. Good area to medina however steep hills and quite a walk room bus station(20- 30 mins). Limited on terrace socialise. NotaNot a hostel for those looking forafor a party or allnighter

Hostel Aline was good. It had the basics, was clean and the staff were relatively helpful. I enjoyed my stay and if I was to go back to the town I would not hesitate to stay there again!

Really nice hostel, great roof terrace, breakfast to get you going, easy to find and close to the medina.

Everything's good. Expect for the shower that wasn't working properly.

Inviting friendly staff, delicious breakfast, beautiful secluded rooftop and comfy beds! A lot lot lot nicer than what you would expect for the price.

• 25th Jun 2014

Second time staying here and it is as good as it ever was, thanks!

The hostel was empty and the beds are beautiful, the community bathrooms we got to ourselves. It's on the border of the medina, which can be good or bad. The son was extremely friendly, but as others said, it's hard communicating with the father. They take the key every time you leave the hostel, so they have to wait up for you on late arrival and we had to wake him up to leave early! We felt bad but it's fairly normal during travel. For $10/night, it's hard to complain.