Aline Hostel Reviews

Av Sidi Ahmed el Uafi, 2, Chaouen, Chefchaouen, Morocco

I guess you can't expect much for what you pay but, our group had a fairly unpleasant stay. We got shifted around rooms unnecessarily, my bed was given away on my first night so I slept on the couch (poor organisation). The dorms on the middle level were heat boxes, had to go to sleep on the terrace one night because it was so hot! No fan or aircon. Breakfast is bread and tea. Staff meant well but you really need to figure out everything yourself. Wifi bad. Wouldn't stay here again.

Fantastic hostel, great location with lovely staff. Breakfast was small but more than adequate for the price of the hostel. Super relaxed and would stay there again!

Great location, you can take a taxi from the bus station straight to the front door. Yassine is so welcoming and friendly. This hostel has such a great vibe. Beds were clean, showers were hot and wifi was decent and I felt really safe as girl alone there.

Thank you very much !

Very friendly and welcoming. Extremely good value for money. Comfortable beds, the rooms were small but didn't get too hot. The breakfast wasn't much but for the price you can't really expect too much. Location is good, near the main square. Wifi worked everywhere except the terrace. Roof terrace was nice, with a stunning view. Would gladly stay again.

This hostel was perfect in all senses. We had no trouble at all. The social areas were very nice, the bathrooms are clean, the staff is very helpful.

Amazing experience, staff, and location.

Loved staying in this hostel, beautiful old building in a great location with lovely helpful staff! I loved the terrace and there was a kitchen to use as well. Bathrooms were nott very clean and rooms could do with more sockets but I would definately stay there again!

The rooftop terrace was a great place to hang out, and this was the only hostel in Morocco I've been to that always had hot water. If you're in Chefchaouen its a great place for only 60 Dh a night.

One of those hostels that deserves 100%. Nice staff, hot showers, relaxed and easy to socialise. Felt like home =)

This hostel was a nice stay and the entrance is very picturesque. The breakfast was good but simple unfortunately the host spoke very little English which did make it difficult. The 6 bed dorm was cramped and only had one power point we were lucky there was only 4 people in there. Overall good value for money and would stay again.

I like their rooftop terrace, great view of the mountains and the valley. Close to everything.

Wouldn't recommend this hostel. There was a girl that was covered in bed bug bites and the staff refused to acknowledge this. They tried to put me in the bed that she got the bites in, and thankfully she told me. I did not want to stay here after learning this. I paid up front for 2 nights and decided to leave chaouen after the first night. I asked the man if it was possible to get a refund, and he was INCREDIBLY rude to me and refused. I would have been less annoyed if he was nice about it.

hola kaly me puedes decir de que hostel estabas antes de venir a chaouen gracias

Very friendly and helpful staff, the roof terrace was a lovely place to spend the evening with views of the Spanish mosque.

Thank you for your comment. We were pleased to have you at our hostel.

Great place -- I had a wonderful time! My only suggestion would be to add hooks for towels in the rooms and some form of security (ie lockers).

thank you for your comment.

Stayed for 2 nights in March'15. Simple and laidback hostel, with great staff, as Yassin at the reception. I felt really welcomed there, with good info for all my questions, had a good time and great conversations with the staff and other travellers. Hot showers all day, breakfast incluided and plenty of blankets available for Chechaouen's cool nights. Nice rooftop terrace with awesome views and well equipped kitchen. Totally recomended

Gracias, por tu bonito comentario. We hope to see you soon again.

Great value for money but (walking) directions to the hostel could have been clearer.

• 24th Mar 2015

Thanks, we will check directions. Nice to have you at home.

Perfectly located, extremely close to the heart of the medina! Staff very friendly and polite, but language barriers make it very difficult to get directions or advice. Fresh and clean sheets, but cleanliness standards very basic in the bathrooms. The place is FREEZING! They give you heaps of blankets though. However, if you don't want to spend your day and night wearing your jacket, better go in the summer. Quite good value for money, if you book online, safe and welcoming :)

Thank you. Comme back in summer to visit us.

The staff is very nice and friendly! Breakfast is simple and good and served on the terrace which offers a great view of the mountains and town. Showers are always hot and the hostel is kept clean. I would recommend to stay here!

We were pleased to have you here. Thank you for your nice comment.

Beautiful hostel and amazing staff!

Thank you. You are amazing too. See you soon again.

The hostel is a great place to come and meet other travellers and smoke and relax with brilliant views of the mountains.

Thank you very much, Lucy. We hope to see you soon again.