Aline Hostel Reviews

Av Sidi Ahmed el Uafi, 2, Chaouen, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Stayed for 2 nights in March'15. Simple and laidback hostel, with great staff, as Yassin at the reception. I felt really welcomed there, with good info for all my questions, had a good time and great conversations with the staff and other travellers. Hot showers all day, breakfast incluided and plenty of blankets available for Chechaouen's cool nights. Nice rooftop terrace with awesome views and well equipped kitchen. Totally recomended

Gracias, por tu bonito comentario. We hope to see you soon again.

Great value for money but (walking) directions to the hostel could have been clearer.

• 24th Mar 2015

Thanks, we will check directions. Nice to have you at home.

Perfectly located, extremely close to the heart of the medina! Staff very friendly and polite, but language barriers make it very difficult to get directions or advice. Fresh and clean sheets, but cleanliness standards very basic in the bathrooms. The place is FREEZING! They give you heaps of blankets though. However, if you don't want to spend your day and night wearing your jacket, better go in the summer. Quite good value for money, if you book online, safe and welcoming :)

Thank you. Comme back in summer to visit us.

The staff is very nice and friendly! Breakfast is simple and good and served on the terrace which offers a great view of the mountains and town. Showers are always hot and the hostel is kept clean. I would recommend to stay here!

We were pleased to have you here. Thank you for your nice comment.

Beautiful hostel and amazing staff!

Thank you. You are amazing too. See you soon again.

The hostel is a great place to come and meet other travellers and smoke and relax with brilliant views of the mountains.

Thank you very much, Lucy. We hope to see you soon again.

Aline is overall a great hostel in which to stay. The staff is laid-back but still manage the hostel in a top-notch manner. There's a full kitchen and the terrace is the best I've seen with a view that looks up to the Spanish church.

Thank you for the nice review. See you, Zach.

wonderful place to stay. would recommend it. felt like we had the place to ourselves until we came to breakfast and suddenly there were people staying there! we were probably the annoying guests, with a small party in the lobby our first night with the guys running the place.

Perfect place to travel in winter time too Staff is superfriendly

Good! Not in the medina but very close but that means you can get a taxi to the door. Friendly staff, wifi was excellent, there was always hot water and the security was good. It's quite cold but they have heaps of blankets for you.

Nice location-not in the medina but close enough, easy to find. The owner can't speak English but nice. The owner's son could speak English anyway:) The breakfast was basic but value for the money. The facilities were old but clean. Nice view from the roof rounge. The one thing I didn't like was...it was so cold at night during my stay(mid of Nov) so I should have used my sleeping bag together.

loved it, all the decoration super pretty, the staff very nice, and the facilities worked great. just consider its an uphill walk , but worth it :)

aline seemed to have some poor reviews around the time i was here but i enjoyed my stay and saw nothing wrong (cleanliness or otherwise). Would stay here again. One thing that I would say is needed is getting connected with some of the tour groups in town like most hostels. Thus having the ability to help arrange excursions. I only got a poor black and white map from the front desk. Didn't matter though since i had my own guide book.

Nice and cosy hostel with a great staff! We enjoyed our stay at Chefchaouen in this hostel. We recommand!

Lovely place with a great roof top view in beautiful Chefchaouen. Staff are very friendly, and breakfast is great. No lockers but dorm rooms lock with key you can leave at reception. Very quiet while I was there, but town is not so touristy anyway.

Wifi wasn't working, although they advertise it. It is not very clean, there is one shower and one toilet for all the guests. We also had bed bugs and changed the hostels after one night. We were recommended this hostel in Funky Fes hostel in Fes, obviously they know each other.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Bed bugs!!!!! Don't stay here, I got bed bugs and my friends found a bed bug in their bed in a separate room. When we showed it to the owner he said this is only one where are the rest. You are not paying a lot for the room, as if having bed bugs is a normal thing. Don't stay here. I had to cut my holiday short because of this.

This hostel feels like your back home with gret seating areas in the rooftop and common room. The atmosphere has potential to be great but was a little empty when we were there. Very close to the medina. It is very easy to find with a huge sign out the front. Staff are very friendly but helps if you speak French. Beautiful view On the rooftop. Really love this place and would go back in a heart beat.

Whilst the hostel is in a relatively good location, the actually premises aren't that great. The manager was helpful but unprofessional at the same time, walking around without a shirt on. The 6 bed dorm room we stayed in was spacious, however the beds were small and uncomfortable. There was no air conditioning or a ceiling fan. The bathrooms weren't that clean, the water not hot and toilet paper was scarce. I would not stay here again. I would pay extra to stay in a hotel

Comfortable hostel. Friendly staff. Good area to medina however steep hills and quite a walk room bus station(20- 30 mins). Limited on terrace socialise. NotaNot a hostel for those looking forafor a party or allnighter