Aline Hostel Reviews

Av Sidi Ahmed el Uafi, 2, Chaouen, Chefchaouen, Morocco

I really loved this place though I was only there for a night. It's located right next to the medina and waterfall, which is great. And it has a really wonderful atmosphere. I met a bunch of great people there. I highly recommend it.

Staff don't speak English so it was hard to communicate but they are still friendly. The hostel is quiet close to the medina. Best to get a taxi (1.5€) when you arrive in Chefchouan as it is a fair walk from bus station and all up hill.

Cheap, well-located, clean and with very helpful staff. The hostel manager even went to buy some bread for me in the evening when he figured out I'd be leaving too early for breakfast the next day!

I had a really good stay here and met some great people. I can only speak english so there was a language barrier but it was no problem. The staff(family) are absolutely great and help with as best they can. I totally recommend staying here. The view of the rif mountains are gorgeous and there is a lovely corner to chill in the night time.

Someone please kill the neighbours rooster

pros: close to the medina, roof terrace, met nice travelers cons: staff doesn't speak English, You have to pay extra 2 DH per breakfast (so it's not included), bread was dry, butter already yellow :/ no lockers, one evening to few water for taking a shower and cold. washing opportunity - but 30 DH for a small bag and washed by hand from staff. tiny rooms and they don't change the sheets for the next guests many ants are running around only wifi

Booking Aline hostel was a wonderful decision. Amid all the chaos that Morocco can bring down on you, Aline was a calm, peaceful, and secure oasis, even during Ramadan. The staff is friendly, honest, and responsible, and make a point of being courteous. The hostel is on a relatively "wide" street five minutes from the central plaza and, once you know where it is, can be found easily. Clean and efficient facilities. A decent breakfast provided on the terrace with a great view of the mountains.

There were no lockers, but security turned out to be totally fine. The entire place was completely chill, even though the hostel was nearly full, so I never thought that anyone would steal anything I left in the room. Also, instead of lockers, the staff lock up the bedrooms during the day to prevent theft.

The hostel is very clean and cosy. In Chefachaoun nothing s far away so you are in five minutes at the main square. The owner of the hostel speaks only Arabic and French, but that really doen´t disturb the necessary conversation. It is obvious that he cares very much about the hostel and the well-being of his guests!

Although the staff at Aline does not speak much English, they are extremely nice! The rooms are clean, and the terrace is awesome for chilling out. The hostel seemed to be half full when I was there, and there wasn't too much atmosphere (hey I didn't expect much for Morocco during Ramadan!) The location is great,; out of the center, but takes only a few minutes walking to the main plaza.

Located a short walk from the medina and square, but arguably for the best as its in a much quieter and more peaceful area. Great views from the terrace and really friendly staff willing to help at all times!

Beautiful little hostel with a lovely rooftop deck. Rooms were a bit small and a little stuffy. Nice bathrooms. Basic breakfast provided. Fantastic location in central Chefchaouen (though it's not very big anyway), 5 min walk to main square. Very nice staff.

The Manager was fantastic he did not speak English but looked after his guests with so much care and hospitality I could have stayed forever. The location was the best only 2 mins walk to the Medina or the cool river where you could sit with you feet in the cold water and read. The rooms were very clean with excellent security. The outside deck has fantastic views of the mountains and the Spanish mosque. Take a taxi from the bus station for only 15 dhs its all uphill to the Hostel. Enjoy!!!

A lovely place to stay. located just at the edge of the Medina but accessible by car, an advantage since the hills are steep. In less than 20 seconds you are in the medina. It is also just a 5 minutes from the waterfalls. Very clean facilities. There is a lovely rooftop terrace with views of the mountains. There is also a kitchen to whip up your own lunch. But the best was the great staff. I was having trouble with my knee and the manager carried my bag up and down the stairs for me.

This was a great place to chill out in Chefchaouen, especially on the terrace which has amazing views of the city and surrounding mountain countryside. It's true that the owner doesn't speak much English, but it was never a problem during my stay. He was very welcoming and hospitable otherwise. The dorms are cramped, but the price of a dorm bed is really cheap. As a bonus, there's a functional kitchen that guests can use which I've not seen in other hostels in Morocco.

very good hostel

Wonderful hostel! We stayed there for 2 nights and throughly enjoyed our time in Chefchaouen. The staff is wonderful and they do a great job of making you feel at home! Highly recommended!

• 29th Jun 2013

Great place to stay, location perfect with a really nice terrace to hangout on. Other reviewers complain of staffs inability to speak English as if it is mandatory of the world, here they speak Arabic, French and Spanish - there isn't much to explain anyway, it's a normal hostel in a small town. When we were there they were putting people in separate rooms so we ended up having a dorm to ourselves (as did others there) for the entire stay.

I enjoyed my stay in the hostel ALINE. Very nice people, lovely town, great location to relax from the hustle of the medina and still being able to experience the life of the people.

Very nice and helpful staff. I was satisfied with what I got for the money I paid. I just did not feel that the bed linens were washed before using them.