Aline Hostel Reviews

Av Sidi Ahmed el Uafi, 2, Chaouen, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Bed bugs!!!!! Don't stay here, I got bed bugs and my friends found a bed bug in their bed in a separate room. When we showed it to the owner he said this is only one where are the rest. You are not paying a lot for the room, as if having bed bugs is a normal thing. Don't stay here. I had to cut my holiday short because of this.

This hostel feels like your back home with gret seating areas in the rooftop and common room. The atmosphere has potential to be great but was a little empty when we were there. Very close to the medina. It is very easy to find with a huge sign out the front. Staff are very friendly but helps if you speak French. Beautiful view On the rooftop. Really love this place and would go back in a heart beat.

Whilst the hostel is in a relatively good location, the actually premises aren't that great. The manager was helpful but unprofessional at the same time, walking around without a shirt on. The 6 bed dorm room we stayed in was spacious, however the beds were small and uncomfortable. There was no air conditioning or a ceiling fan. The bathrooms weren't that clean, the water not hot and toilet paper was scarce. I would not stay here again. I would pay extra to stay in a hotel

Comfortable hostel. Friendly staff. Good area to medina however steep hills and quite a walk room bus station(20- 30 mins). Limited on terrace socialise. NotaNot a hostel for those looking forafor a party or allnighter

Hostel Aline was good. It had the basics, was clean and the staff were relatively helpful. I enjoyed my stay and if I was to go back to the town I would not hesitate to stay there again!

Really nice hostel, great roof terrace, breakfast to get you going, easy to find and close to the medina.

Everything's good. Expect for the shower that wasn't working properly.

Inviting friendly staff, delicious breakfast, beautiful secluded rooftop and comfy beds! A lot lot lot nicer than what you would expect for the price.

• 25th Jun 2014

Second time staying here and it is as good as it ever was, thanks!

The hostel was empty and the beds are beautiful, the community bathrooms we got to ourselves. It's on the border of the medina, which can be good or bad. The son was extremely friendly, but as others said, it's hard communicating with the father. They take the key every time you leave the hostel, so they have to wait up for you on late arrival and we had to wake him up to leave early! We felt bad but it's fairly normal during travel. For $10/night, it's hard to complain.

A great Moroccan hostel experience overall. Clean, comfortable beds and blankets, above-average facilities (decently-equipped kitchen, three bathrooms with western-style toilets, good water pressure/heat). The host was friendly and accommodating, though he did not allow alcohol in the hostel (understandably) or for my engaged friends to share a room together (a bit harder to understand).

Bed bugs!

sorry, dearling, we never had bed bugs.

The bathrooms were extremely clean and the hot water was very good. There is a key to each dormitory that you leave with the front desk when you go out and the front door to the hostel is almost always locked. My friend was staying at a different hostel and they wouldn't even let him come inside for a visit so they definitely keep a decent level of security. Breakfast was just bad and butter with coffee but the WiFi worked really well and overall it's a good hostel for your money.

quiet location; yet not very far from the central square and the lovely river with its variety of small terraces is also closeby...good wifi reception and kitchen on terrace + small shops just outside... also friendly staff...

Nothing special but good standard hostel.

It's a small hostel with a pretty good vibe. The owner only speaks French and Arabic, and will charge you 80dh/night unless you challenge it.

Good hostel, well located, clean kitchen and friendly staff. Left luggage there during a few days while I went hiking without any problem!

The pricing online vs the pricing at the hostel is a bit different. Be expected to pay 80 dirhams for each night you're there instead of the remaining balance that is left on your account. We negotiated with him about it but he doesn't speak English very well so in the end it wasn't worth the battle. Overall it's a very enjoyable comfortable place to stay!

Good value for money, though the dorm room on the terrace gets loud due to people smoking right outside the door. However, this was the only problem I had with this hostel. The second floor was quite nice and quiet. The owner was very nice. The bathrooms were kept quite clean. Good place to crash for a night or two.

Compared to other hostels in Morocco this one was very clean. We felt safe and secure but there were no lockers provided. Very lovely people who ran the hostel, they booked a taxi and made sure we were up in time to catch it. They do not speak any english but then why should they, they are not the ones travelling. Definitely recommend this hostel though!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6