All'Angolo di Romeo Reviews

Piazzetta Capretto, 3 Verona, Verona, Italy

I left an honest review of this hostel (applauding its cleanliness, while complaining about the owner's unwelcoming attitude). A couple of hours later, I received a very mean e-mail from the owner, in which he cursed my remaining travels and used very inappropriate and rude words to me. I am very upset after my trip to Verona, and I wholeheartedly regret my stay here. Also don't trust the acclaiming reviews too much because he will DEMAND a 100%. Hopefully, you will make a better decision.

Very nice room, great location and correct price.

• 6th Aug 2015

The good location and very clear rooms.

The room:spacious and clean.Breakfast usual for B&B(prepackaged).The owner polite,but a little too apprehensive:not nice to be taught at arrival how to close a door(it will be enough to ask not to make noise in respect of other occupants..not to specify that is because the owner is living in a room in the entrance with a blanket as door),not to turn on lights in the corridor, not to eat on the bed(ok,but food is on a table in the room),not to spend time in the toilet, better not to open blinds..

Amazing welcome. The host Mat (who was lovely and v good at English) gave us lots of information and advice on how best to use our time there. You're right in the heart of Verona, walking distance from everything including buses to the station etc. Would happily come back here again!

• 29th Jul 2015

Everything was so good but it's missing an air conditioner, in summer is too hot

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

The owner was very accommodating and allowed us to keep our stuff in the apartment after we checked out as we booked a later apartment. He kept the place very clean and the rooms were very modern and comfortable. The location was also great as you were right in the centre of Verona. However we had two minor complaints about this B and B, firstly there was only a fan, not AC and secondly that the lack of aircon made the breakfast warm, however it was good and we would definitely stay again.

Advertised as four beds, but false. They were two beds barely big enough for two people. The man was not welcoming at all, very overbearing and he should list his 100 rules on the website so people know what they are booking. Not allowed to shower at night? Insane. It's not a bed and breakfast. It's a micro-managing man who overcharged for juice boxes and stale bread. I do not recommend at all.

• 4th Jul 2015

Romantic room in the heart of verona

Really nice room, I will be using All'Angolo di Romeo everytime I go Verona. Very clean, great responsive staff, nice breakfast.

I would never recommend this place for a lot of reasons. First, the owner, Mattia, was really disrespectful to us. He screamed and kicked us out of the hostel when we wanted to pay, He was not polite at all. As well, we tought the hostel was really dirty and smelly. Before booking this hostel, read all the comments below because a lot of them do agree with what we thought, we just werent clever enough to read all of them before. It was, by far, the worst experience we had in our whole trip!!!

Exclent hostel! Perfect location and environment! Would definitely recommend and come back!

Great location right in the center of everything you would want to see in verona. Would have liked a heads up that it is essentially in a mans personal apartment but it did not really affect our stay.

Amazing hostel! Great breakfast.

Can't beat this location, so close to Juliet's balcony. Room is so big and property is beautiful. There is no kitchen available. Location on Google maps is not right so go to the square on the listing address. Owner very strict about noise, felt a little bit unwelcome in his house because of it. But had a good 1 nights stay.

View all Verona Bed and Breakfasts