All Days Reviews

5 Selby St, Toronto, Canada

Very clean and good kitchens. Rooms were small and it is 4 floors, so prepare to walk up and down often. The one staff person was friendly and helpful, but wasn’t always available. Near a metro stop, but not near party area. Good hostel. Guest are allowed to store luggage after check out, which was helpful when leaving on a late bus or plane. I would recommend this hostel.

Very middle-of-the-rainge hostel - definitely not a bad place to stay but it didn't have much to set it apart from the better hostels out there. It was a few minutes walk from Sherbourne Station along a pleasant backstreet. Rooms were clean although fairly cramped, and there were plenty of bathrooms, with a decent kitchen and laundry as well. It lacked some atmosphere, but if it's quietude and maturity you're seeking, then this place is for you.

Our three bed room had only two beds. That is unacceptable. When we arrived they didn't have their credit card machine working and insisted we pay cash. Overall it was mediocre. At best.

• 4th Oct 2013

Your Triple Bedrooms are suited with two queen beds which is enough to accommodate 3 persons.

A really nice and clean place. Near to two subway lines (yellow and green lines), safe neighborhood. The only problem is that the rooms are not soundproof, so if there is someone making noise in the kitchen, in the washroom or in some room near yours, it can bother you - but that's not a big deal. Nice staff also! I recommend it.

• 29th Sep 2013

it is really nice hostel

• 26th Sep 2013
  • Poland

They left me a negative impression because of the following: * Lights on all time in bedroom. There is no switch! This is unacceptable. * Street parking next to the hostel is charged $15/day (paid directly to the hostel manager in exchange of a resident or visitor parking card, I felt cheated). Public parking is even more expensive. HINT: in Elm Ave (7min walk) there's plenty of free street parking.

Unless we looking for a high electricity bills, we cant install lights without switches but you may not able to located during your single overnight staying with us. We not forcing our customers to use our parking spaces & its our pleasure to find a free spot (if any) without us being involved.

It was really helpful and convenient living at All Days. I will recommend to my friends next time.

• 14th Sep 2013
  • Taiwan

Overall amazing hostel I just want to let future guests know that I was in an all girls room and it was really nice and cold but my boyfriend was in an all boys dorm and it was boiling with no AC. Other than that we had an amazing time!

• 9th Sep 2013

easy access to subway. value for money. rooms very small. noisy if downstairs but for the price OK. john at front desk helpful. .

• 5th Sep 2013

Nothing exceptional, but the place is fine.

Is not really easy to carry luggages on the top floor because the stairs was too narrow. Sometimes me and other persons we stayed couple of minutes in the front desk because there is nobody for check in or check out. For the rest everything was good. The hostel is convenient, clean and safe.

I've stayed for 4 nights in a single room on the basement. It was comfortable, but with enough space for my bags. But, yes, it's noise down there, the doors are really noisy, the kitchen as well. But after 10pm everything was quiet untill 8-9am. The bathroom was clean. The problem is the late check-in, only after 2pm. I arrived in a bus from ottawa at 6am, had to wait for 6 hours. At least they have luggage storage. They dont take credit cards. Payment only in cash. I'd come back, anyway

Stayed in a private room which was good value for money in the city. Good location near to subway station. Kitchen was clean but small. No atmosphere whatsoever.

Good location for the price, not too far from the centre. Excellent equipment of the kitchen. Nice bathroom. Free phone available for local calls.

This place was very close to Sherbourne Station and the Village. Check in is after noon no matter what you put as your arrival time. Staff is usually not on site so you have to call on the red phone out front. We arrived super early and ended up crashing on the couches in the common room and slept until it was time to check in. Lots of showers, clean kitchen, iron, maps, etc. Not a real place to meet others or get tonnes of info on what to do in Toronto if you don't know, but great for us!

An average experience. Good things: hostel was clean, & quiet at night. Bedding & towels provided. Free wifi works in all rooms & lockers to lock valuables. Poor things: The staff on reception had no idea about Toronto, ie; things to recommend, prices of ferries, didn't give me a map or tell me anything, I had to ask everything. Wrong directions for subway given. VERY unhelpful & not a good start. If you have a car, you can't park it on the street you must pay for parking. Wouldn't stay again.

I was travelling alone from the states. Male. Private room. The hostel is tucked away on a side street, but is still right in the heart of downtown Toronto. Public transit is available, but it is certainly worth walking around the city! Highly recommended!

• 9th Aug 2013

The first night we arrived the only shower in the section of the hostel could not be used because the toilet was flooding the washroom. We had to wait until the morning to use different buildings' shower. The air conditioning is too cold, when asking for turning off or something else the staff suggested to ask for more blankets. The atmosphere is really good, but the comfort is not that ok.

Nice place, very clean, but the rooms downstairs have doors that are very loud when they close. My single room was also near the bathrooms and this made for more noise as the bathroom doors closed including the magnetic plastic doors for the shower in the morning. This was pretty disconcerting. Had I stayed there any longer I probably would hvae asked the staff to put signs on the doors saying "please close gently" or something of the sort.

• 29th Jul 2013

Staff is friendly. The kitchen has to be shared with a lot of people and there is only one tiny table to eat, so that made some of us eat in our rooms, which is inconvenient. Bathrooms and washrooms are clean. We stayed in the basement and it was very noisy. We could hear our neighbours talk at night, we could hear people walking up and down the stairs and through the hall and the cleaning lady was very loud too. She did laundry at inconvenient hours.

• 24th Jul 2013