All Nations Backpackers

Very Good 1568 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 18-24
21st May 2017
6.6

One of the worst Hostels I've ever been to. Dirty linens and bedsheets, mice in the rooms, mold on ceiling and walls. Seems like they never clean the rooms besides changing the bed sheets. Kitchen is too small for the amount of guests. Dishes are always wet and mostly dirty. Staff was friendly but partly incompetent. Check in took more than 20 minutes. Wifi was pretty much useless and they change the password every day and don't tell you what it is unless you go down to the travel office and ask

• Taiwan, Female, 18-24
13th May 2017
6.3

Hi everyone,this backpacker location inside Melbourne CBD ,near YHA and southern cross station,which mean very good.Easy to find but the security isn't too well I think.You can reach somebody room only need a card for room door without passing the counter.Only recommended if you want few day stay somewhere near the station.

• England, Female, 18-24
4th May 2017
7.4

Night hostel, great location and had a great backpacker community.

• Finland, Female, 18-24
2nd May 2017

Probably the cleanest hostel I've been to, showers, kitchen, rooms, all just amazing. Free tram stop is just accross the street. Free wifi is pretty useless but you can get a very good wifi with $12 for seven days. Free pancakes are amazing, I will miss them so much!! Free pasta and rice is also great idea. I just loved this place. Only minus from me is that there isn't lockers in the rooms, but there are some in the hallway so no biggie. Will stay again!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad you enjoyed our hospitality here at all nations and your welcome back here any time :D

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
30th Apr 2017
8.0

The best thing really is the location. I would come back for the location. But honestly my private room with shared bath was the most expensive I've ever paid for and I've travelled and hosteled in many countries. For a basic private room which is actually a bunk room, with nothing extra than a chair and tiny coffee table and a hanging frame, the price was exorbitant.

Thank you for taking the time to review All Nations. Our location is excellent - perfect for accessing all the fabulous sights in Melbourne! :) I'm sorry you felt let down by the room. The double bed with single bunk on top means it can be used as a triple room as well for those who require it. Our rooms are basic, yet clean and comfortable. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels! :)

15th Apr 2017

Good free pancakes, worlds worst free wifi, a bit noisy if you're trying to get a good nights sleep

Thank you very much for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed the free pancakes. Although we personally use the wifi and haven't seen a problem with it, maybe it was your device? Being in the city centre of all the hustle and bustle the only downside is the outdoor city noise. We would love to see you here again soon.

9th Apr 2017

I only stayed for one night before an early flight. Location was ideal as it was only a minutes walk from Southern Cross where the Skybus departs/arrives and the facilities in the hostel were sufficient for my, albeit short term, needs.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review All Nations. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you can stay longer next time. Enjoy the rest of your travels :)

• mblakey21
  • England, Male, 18-24
8th Apr 2017
7.7

Stayed in this hostel a few times during my 3 months in Melbourne. Overall, it's an average hostel. Free breakfast, tea, coffee, pasta and rice is good. Kitchen is big with lots of seats. Atmosphere is ok, staff are a bit clicky which makes it a bit hard for a solo traveller like myself. HOWEVER, they also have a serious mouse problem, once left my lunch on the floor next to my bed to wake up and find a mouse nibbling my rolls. The fridges also leak everywhere. Good location and price though.

Thank you very much for your review. Glad to hear you have stayed with us more than a few times. Glad you enjoyed all the freebies we have to offer and our large facilities. Being such an old building we do have a few friendly friends saying hi every now and then but this is why we ask all guests to keep food in the kitchen and not in the rooms. We can't wait to see you here again soon.

7th Apr 2017
5.1

Mouse/lizard/24/7 noise through your window: trains, metro, trams, honking, drunk/sober yelling, ticking crosswalks. Earplugs don't negate the constant vibrations, from outside and within. A 1-2cm gap between the floor and walls allowed for a small black lizard to come and go through the room. The second evening I got off the bed to see a small brown mouse in the middle of the room. The initial check-in took over 15mins with no explanation, no one else in line. Noise pollution was overwhelming.

Thank you for taking the time to review All Nations. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. We are a city centre hostel close to all the public transport. We understand the mouse situation can be unpleasant and we are doing everything possible to resolve this. Our check in procedure shouldn't have taken that long and I am not sure why it would have. Our awesome staff are here to make sure you have as much information as possible regarding your stay and our facilities. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels :)

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
4th Apr 2017
6.3

The place is okay, but it's an old building and there are mices, so you can't let anything in the room like a cookie or something or open the window at night. Wifi doesn't work unless you pay per day.

Thank you for your review. As we are a heritage building we do have little fundamentals with keeping up with such a old building but that's what gives us character. We have free WiFi available during peak times of 12 hours per day. We would love to see you here again soon.