All Nations City Backpackers Reviews

2 Spencer Street, Melbourne, Australia

yes great place to stay - great that the bathrooms and toilets are getting done up

• 24th Jun 2014

I was lucky, I stayed here for only one short night, as it was really unhygienic! Wouldn't stay here again! Only the location was good and the staff was friendly!

Good overall. Great place for one night before early flight. Short walk to skybus.

• 8th Jun 2014

Comfy beds, the room for the 10 bed dorm was huge, which is rare, so everyone had room for their stuff. Bathroom space is limited, 3 toilets and 3 showers per floor.... doesn't accommodate the number of people on the floor, lots of waiting. Ok for a night or 2 but that's it. Wouldn't stay there long term.

Location is great which is only 5-min walking distance from Southern Cross Station. The free Tram 35 is just next to the hostel. No free wifi, breakfast or locker.

Only negative is no free wifi, and occasionally the noise if you need an early night. But otherwise good kitchen facilities, decent bathrooms, and very friendly and helpful staff at 24hr reception.

Good hostel. Great location. Not as much atmosphere as other backpackers I've found in Aus though!

I was very disapointed in this hostel. Our stay was bad, started with $20 extra taken for the room at check in and kept going with the staff taking all of our food. When we complained we were told that we should put a label on it or it would be taken or thrown away by the staff. No one told us about it and as we were very tired when we checked in we didn't notice the sign. This is completely unacceptable. When we came back hungry and had nothing to eat they didn't help us and didn't care.

I'm sorry you found your stay disappointing. At the time of your arrival we did have anew member of staff in training.She mad a mistake in overcharging yo -however the mistake was quickly fixed and you were refunded. Our Kitchen is deep cleaned every Thursday with Multiple Signs notifying guests of this process. Food is put on free food shelf for all people in the hostel to take. This process is essential and prevents mouldy food and bad smells. We do hope the rest of your travels are well

We were really impressed with how clean the bathrooms were, so yes! Keep that up! The noise from the trams at night were pretty annoying but you can't really do anything about that

Enjoyed my stay but was very annoyed about not been told that the formula 1 would make the hostel very busy and I was forced to find another hostel due to booking too late

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Wales

Nice Area, friendly staff! The room was realy clean and bid.I slept in a 10bed room.

great spot.close to CBD. close to southern cross station

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thanks for leaving your review. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time with us while you were in Melbourne. We are located in the CBD close to absolutely everything, which most travellers find very convenient. We hope the rest of your travels are going well and we hope to see you again sometime. SJ

The staff let me check in early by having me pay and taking my bags behind the counter, then when I came back for my key another staff member told me that they didn't have my stuff or any information about my check in. They tried to get me to pay again until I insisted that I had paid already multiple times when all of a sudden yes she saw that I did pay. She then also "noticed my stuff in the back". The hostel was dirty. rooms, bathrooms, hallways all need a good deep clean they smelled musty.

The location of the hostel was perfect - just a two minute walk from Southern Cross Station, and a short stroll intro the all the shoppping/sights! Only downside about the location was the noise from outside - luckily you can get free earplugs from the reception. The rooms are good, but would have been nice with free lockers in every room. Staff was very accomodating, and friendly, and will help you with if you need anything.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We are so glad to hear that you had a great time with us while you were in Melbourne. We aim for the best customer service as most of us have been travellers before and nice friendly faces in an unknown country can really go along way. We hope to see you again and hope the rest of your travels are going splendidly. SJ

close to southern cross station and free trolley, river bike path not too far away either. one of the largest hostels ive ever stayed in and no chance to hardly even walk through the kitchen, it was so crowded. had to pay for lockers and they were small/inconvenient. average cleanliness and not so relaxing being in a hostel with what seemed to be hundreds of other people, but then again it's a big city to explore and didnt spend much time at hostel anyway

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. Our kitchen can be especially busy during lunch and dinner it seems everyone gets hungry all at the same time ha. There are parts of the day and night where cooking can be more comfortable - ask reception at your next hostel they should be able to give you a rough time where their wont be too many people.Melbourne is a beautiful city and we are glad to see you got out their and enjyed what it has to offer. Hope the rest of your travels are well.

I liked that the 10 bed dorm was divided into 2 rooms so you kind of had the feeling of sleeping in just 4 bed dorms. The claniless was good, the kitchen was ok. Good value for money.

A good hostel at the end I guess, lots of things that I will change. Not very helpful nor "happy" staff (Plus one very rude which one I had to have a go and even call the manager next day, first time I had to do that. But he was unfair, impolite and basically extremely agressive thing that I dont appreciate). That experience made hate the hostel, so I didnt book it back when I returned to Melbourne, and is a shame because in average is quite Ok. At least value for the money I guess.

Location is great; right in the city centre, o6n a major intersection (trams out the front and walking distance to the Crown, Aquarium etc.). It's very much a "party" hostel, with the bar/club on the lower levels, which is fine if that's what you're in to, but it's quite loud. The bathrooms could have been cleaner. Our stay was okay but we didn't really spend time there other than to sleep.

It was noisy, but that is to be expected in a hostel. The major issue I had was the fact that the room was so incredibly hot, even with the window, fans and door open all night, it was just too hot to sleep in the room. Otherwise I found the hostel to be fine, very convenient location. The free pasta and rice was great. Would have been nice if the wifi was free.

Thank you for leaving your review. We are glad to see you had a pleasant stay with us while you were in Melbourne. The weather her is so unpredictable and we only ever have heat waves 2-3 times a year. Most of the time the weather is bearable and fans and windows keep the rooms at a suitable temperature for all. We are glad to hear the free pasta and rice was of use to you - all of the backpackers love it. We hope to see you again and hope the rest of your travels are well. SJ

The location is good

Thanks for leaving your review. We are glad to hear you had a pleasant time with us here in Melbourne. Our location is one of many things that we pride ourselves in. We are so close to public transport, shopping malls and iconic features of Melbourne. We hope to see you again and hope the rest of your travels are going well. SJ