Alley Youth Hostel Reviews

No.33, Lane South West Wharf, Temple Backstreet, Lianhu District, Xi'an, China

Very close to the city center, clean and well maintained building in the middle of the bazaars. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Thank your for your comment. We are looking forward to your coming again.

This hostel was extremely hard to find and when I called to the hostel for directions the staff barely spoke english though otherwise the staff were really nice. So if u don't speak chinese, maybe it is better to find someother place to stay. Rooms were clean though no toilet paper.. And there were bed bugs in the first room I got and when I went to tell about it I got a can of insect spray. When I demanded for a new room, they finally gave it to me but the communication was very difficult.

We will hire more English speaking stuff, sorry about the English level of our staff.

Rooms are nice and clean. The lobby and the bar are very nice in the hostel. It is a good idea to broadcast movies. Good value for the price.

• 30th May 2014

Thank you for your comment.

A good hostel which is in the heart of the Muslim centre and gives a traveller a good sense of the culture of the people. If you don't know Mandarin you might have a time with some of the staff. There is was only one at the time who spoke fluent english and made us feel welcomed and entertained. Other than that a good spot not far from everything.

Very well located. You can't be closer to the center. It's a shame the receptionist couldn't speak English.

New hostel, nice rooms, but you need to remember to take towels and toilet paper from receptions. Only one person from stuff speaks good English! Bar and restaurant were closed. They need to hire more English speaking stuff and take care of atmosphere. For now, I do notrecommend this hostel.

We will hire more English speaking stuff and make the English training for stuff. Thank you for your suggest.

Very good hostel! The staff helped me to call a taxi and to buy my train ticket (for free!).

It is our pleasure to help you. Thank you very much, the comment is good for our growing.